• flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    ANDROID UPDATE IS OUT!!!!!
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    Omg yass queens!!!!
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    ANDROID UPDATE IS OUT!!!!!
    Finally!!!! Thank you for letting us know! I was about to be real heated if we had to wait any longer. I wouldn't care if we were ALL waiting in general for the update, but it's so unfair to keep Android users waiting! ESPECIALLY when there's a daily incentive, like the gift boxes. 

Please do better next time, Glu. Android users spend money on the game JUST like Apple users. 
    ✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Finally!! That happened faster than I expected. Thanks Glu! My free gift box was also reset, so I don't have to wait 24h :)
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Whoa is all I'm gonna say :neutral:
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Should I expect an Amazon update by tomorrow? I don't feel like checking the appstore a billion times yet again. It's boring.
    Platform: Android

• Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts

Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay for Android players. I know you’re excited to see the new update. 

The good news is that you’ll still be able to enjoy the weekend event.

I’ll keep you posted when I have more news! 

Now that android got their Update what about Amazon?
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Is it me or the spouse are now talking to you more? I got done dressing my doll and my hubby had a smile face speech bubble when I click on it he said something sweet. This happen twice. I am on Android and I was wondering if anybody else spouse is talking to them. If so this is great, I always wanted my hubby to talk more to me. :)
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    edited December 2017

Note From Koko: This was moved out of Hookah

I am almost 100% sure I will get “disagrees” out of this, but honestly I think it needs to be said:

I FULLY get that it is super annoying that iOS gets releases first. If I was on a system other than iOS, I would be impatient too. But the overwhelming negativity, most particularly on every update thread we literally ever have ever, really gets me down. 

There isn’t some grand conspiracy to treat androids (and whatever other systems there are) like crap. Glu isn’t trying to fulfill some evil vendetta against androids. There is a reason 99% of apps update iOS first. I know Koko has even brought it up once before but not many people cared to listen. 

Here is an excerpt from an article, from a PRO ANDROID website, that explains why:

“Developing iOS apps means ensuring they work nicely on a small range of iPhones and/or iPads: generally 6-8 different devices depending how far back the developer wants to go.

On Android, it's a different story: nearly 12,000 different devices out there in the hands of people, with a wider range of screen sizes, processors and versions of the Android software still in use.

Many developers' lack of enthusiasm for Android is down to concerns not just about the costs of making and testing their apps for it, but also the resources required to support them once they're launched, if emails flood in about unspotted bugs on particular models.

...Many developers still prefer to launch on iOS, iterate their app over a couple of updates in response to feedback from their users, then tackle Android – with extra time for testing to ensure the app works well, and has Android-specific features (widgets, for example).

You could argue that these developers are making more of an effort to serve Android users, not less.”

Long story short, iOS is basically the tester model because it all shares the same basic computer guts inside. Android has a bazillion different models that Glu needs to specifically cater to. It’s so much easier to release the iOS update, and see what needs to be tweaked on the easier to work with iOS model, and then get everything exactly right for androids. 

Everyone complains about waiting a day or 2 to get their update, but I guarantee the complaining would be a lot worse if you got your update at the same time as iPhones and then had a thousand bugs that made the game unplayable anyway because the update wasn’t made for your specific phone model. 

And as for Facebook players, I’m sorry I don’t have answers for you, but the game really is predominantly a mobile game, so mobile devices will always get first priority. I know that sucks, I agree that it’s lame. I wouldn’t play at all if I had to watch everyone else get SYS events and stuff, but for whatever reason, it’s not currently possible for those events to work on Facebook, and I’m sorry to you guys about that.

In the end, let’s all just be a little understanding. It’s the holiday season, I’m sure Glu and their staff are trying their best and it’s probaby super disheartening to go to the update thread to see our honest feedback of the features and instead have to wade through 50 “WHERES MY UPDATE GLU U SUCK” comments before they find any actual feedback that could help the development of the game. At the end of the day, it’s a game we all love to play, or else none of us would be here, so let’s keep that in mind and try to remember that we’re all human beings here, even the “Glu overlords” we all love to joke about. 

And if you absolutely can not keep your complaints about having to wait an extra day to yourself, at the very least, can we keep them here, in the thread specifically meant for complaining? I want to discuss the update features, what I like and didn’t like, discuss any questions about the new things I might have, etc, in the thread, not have every comment or critique I make met with hostility because some users are upset they don’t have it yet.

Sorry for the rant but I hope it sheds some light on why things are how they are and makes at least some of our (normally super fun and lovely) community ease up a little and enjoy the (FREE! you can fully play without spending a single cent if you so choose!) game. Love y’all ❤️

KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Keia said:
    Is it me or the spouse are now talking to you more? I got done dressing my doll and my hubby had a smile face speech bubble when I click on it he said something sweet. This happen twice. I am on Android and I was wondering if anybody else spouse is talking to them. If so this is great, I always wanted my hubby to talk more to me. :)
    Mine did too - 2 different instances where he expressed affection, a nice change from only asking for a second child we won't be having - though I did get that in between the compliments LOL 
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    Me, when I got my game updated
    YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    My husband is like, uncomfortably needy now. I feel like I'm in the first scene of either a horror movie or lifetime movie before he like, goes crazy and tries to murder me. Please send help :(
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Note From Koko: This was moved out of Hookah in response to Jacey

I admire your spin on this, but those points aren't completely accurate. Don't want to sound arrogant, but you arrived here yesterday and maybe isn't aware of how things used to be.

Both mobile platforms used to get their releases at the very same time, and numerous times Android came few hours ahead of iOS.

Although there are a billion of different Android devices out there and few iOS models, iOS players have experienced MANY more glitches than Androids. And this isn't because they are the 'testing' devices, once these issues happened while Android updates were out too and were working perfectly nice.

The issue lies on the favoritism that is given to certain platforms (Android included, since it cames way ahead of Facebook and Kindle), Glu should wait all contents to be ready before releases them. Simple like that!

If you like to comment and share the news, everyone else likes too, but they can't. I have the habit to make detailed reviews of each update and I noticed you have a similar habit (they are really nice to read, by the way), now imagine if Koko imposes that everyone else hold their reviews untill I publish my review! This is what we're talking about here favoritism! Release for everyone or don't release at all!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We'll release 8.1 on Amazon and Facebook next week.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Let's start by taking out the elephant of the room. I don't mind to wait for an update to come out, rushed things can have disastrous consequences, however the feeling of being left out of something is horrible and though most of us are adults, what are we doing here? Exactly PLAYING! So our inner little kid feelings gets hurt when the other kids are allowed to play outside while we have to wait and wait and wait.

I'm aware that Apple and Google have different plans of release, so for everyone's best interest and prevent all meltdowns, make sure the next releases schedule to have little spaces of time between platforms to players doesn't have that feeling again. Thanks!

Now my first impressions of the new content:

This update feels like a bridge that connects the past and future of the game while we're crossing it. And this sets perfectly with the Holidays season.

The link to the past (no Zelda reference intended) comes through the VIP stuff which was added to the wardrobe. I'm a bit shocked they released those to everyone to purchase. Certainly it was a generous, yet controversial decision.

About the future...Anyone else smells something big coming from that L-O-V-E-L-Y playroom? I mean my doll and his husband are standing there with no kids around, doesn't make much sense. Mell just pop up in that room during the expansion gig, so...Yeah don't want to hype myself too much, but Simon mentioned more expansions whatever that means.

While we're on the bridge, we can see a snowy landscape and I'm not impressed TBH. I'm pretty sure that Vats won't be back to St. Moritz if they don't add any quest to do there. The location looks nice and that's about it. New business *yawn*.

Talking about quests...There's none besides the expansion one, same with new clothes and I kinda get it this, since we got tons of updates with short space of time lately and maybe we can have another surprise as Erika's tour. However does feel a bit lazy, once we probably won't have another update till January and the events will be all we have to do meanwhile.

Someone mentioned the lack of clothes that can be bought with kash and I absolutely agree, kash is becoming more and more irrelevant to older players. Since they are giving options to furniture the house why not give kash and stars variations of the pieces? I mean all tables cost kash, but all sofas cost stars.

For the first time guys got more than one outift at the pop up store if I'm not wrong. This is cool. The new kollections though aren't my vibe again.

Holiday boxes are in... and nada! But we're discussing this in another tread, right?

I always praise Kim's avatars, but the new seems a bit off, at least jugding by the photobooth version, I don't know something about the design of the hair...

Did I forget something?! Think that's it about the new content.

Hope the festivities will bring lots of nice items and fun storylines.

Oh and I noticed an issue with Google play services since the last update, but today something weird happened and I think it's interesting to report.

During my gameplays in the last 3 weeks a window pops up often saying that the Google Play services stopped to work. After the update today, the game started to lag badly and I lost the connection with Google play services for the first time since ever and a window with a message saying that Google play services couldn't operate with KKH. When I came back few hours later everything was fine again, but I'm still receiving the window with 'Google Play services stopped to work' message. Anyone else???

Mine did too - 2 different instances where he expressed affection, a nice change from only asking for a second child we won't be having - though I did get that in between the compliments LOL 

They suppose to have the pink bubble everytime you walk in the room, that's how normally works, but looks like some players have their S.O. bubbles glitched. Bort is very talkative, but in his case he stopped to ask for a second child a loooooooooong time ago, when he should ask for a second child at every 12h. That was annoying so I don't mind that much. However if someday I decide to have another child, the 'conceiving' option isn't available anymore for me.

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes, Jax has this annoying problem! Keep getting the pop up that Google Play services stopped working, but the game still runs though.

About 2 months ago, I got the same thing you did. I couldn't open my game for a few days, but I was too busy to solve it. I took a screenshot.

Gosh, I thought it was just me having these issues since no one complained.
    PM to add
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I have some advice if you have a similar popup regarding Google Play Services:
    - Make sure Google Play Services is updated on your device
    - Clear data in your settings (see below)
    - Install & update Google Play Games

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    So since Amazon and Facebook have to wait days longer, again, could someone at least tell me how much the Christmas decor costs?

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Well I'm enjoying the overly talkative spouses. None of my spouses have every had pink speech bubbles, except to say they were paying for a date. I've never had conversations with my spouse in any other situations so I like it a lot :)
    Vats said:

They suppose to have the pink bubble everytime you walk in the room, that's how normally works, but looks like some players have their S.O. bubbles glitched. Bort is very talkative, but in his case he stopped to ask for a second child a loooooooooong time ago, when he should ask for a second child at every 12h. That was annoying so I don't mind that much. However if someday I decide to have another child, the 'conceiving' option isn't available anymore for me.

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited December 2017
    I think our partners bubbly messages are super cute. They've always been my favorite thing ?
    Something I noticed is that I keep having to take my family portrait because it dissapears as soon as I start a reality show? Like it's there before I start one but as soon as the reality show starts it's not only gone for that gig but also gone if you go inside the house. Is this happening to anyone else by any chance...?
    Edit: seems to be fixed now ? haha yay!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited December 2017

So since Amazon and Facebook have to wait days longer, again, could someone at least tell me how much the Christmas decor costs?

the wreath was like $1500, there were also balloons that I didn't get a shot of but they cost kash
    Sorry about my husband in the way and my living room picture, still don't know how to change it
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    KaylaJ said:

the wreath was like $1500, there were also balloons that I didn't get a shot of but they cost kash
    Sorry about my husband in the way and my living room picture, still don't know how to change it
    Thanks. I have more than enough saved up for all of it.

edited December 2017
    @KaylaJ have you tried taking a family portrait? Like using the family portrait options inside your photobooth? That's how I get the little pop up asking me if I want to turn that specific picture to my family portrait inside my living room in Bel Air. Hope that makes sense ?? I guess as long as you're holding a baby, that's a family portrait! Haha
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    @DelphineGarnier oops, forgot outside!

!

@judithkkh aha! I did a picture with the husband since I hadn't paid for the holding the baby pose and voila!

Thanks!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    edited December 2017
    @KaylaJ yayyy super cute! <3
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

They suppose to have the pink bubble everytime you walk in the room, that's how normally works, but like some players have their S.O. bubbles glitched. Bort is very talkative, but in his case he stopped to ask for a second child a loooooooooong time ago, when he should ask for a second child at every 12h. That was annoying so I don't mind that much. However if someday I decide to have another child, the 'conceiving' option isn't available anymore for me.
    Really?! Because for me I've always only gotten the baby ask from him most of the time but now? - 

He STILL isn't getting baby number 2 as he desires but now I feel a bit bad about it at least LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited December 2017
    I'm loving the update. Before, only my NPC said sweet things. I love being greeted warmly...by my IOS NPC hubby. One android twin telling her sister those things, well....I'm not tapping on them so much. Lol. Why no more babies Andrzej and Vats? My Androids want a third each, they'll be blonde with purple eyes. That coloring runs in the Androids . What amazed me, for the first time, I noticed my Androids have all the GB items, and in Bel Air they are getting 3 points per guest. I have one more to do, i'll go do it elsewhere, i'm wondering fluke, only in Bel air, or this is nothing new and for the first time, I'm noticing. Not sure if it came with the update, so I thought I'd ask here, and again in the event thread. (Since I noticed it during the event.)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks @KalindaKing ! Guess that isn't my problem cause the app is up to date and I clear the cache from all my apps regularly. How about you @Naimonster ?

@SugarK and @Andrzej_S. Glad things are working properly for you guys right now! Make sure to always date your partners daily to get sweet messages! <3

@kokokokonut Second baby won't happen till, the nanny get fired, Mell become a toddler and Bort start to ask for a baby again, cause I'm not spending 160 stars this time!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    edited December 2017
    Note From Koko: This was moved out of Hookah in response to Jacey & Vats

I’m not even going to pretend I have answers as to why businesses make the decisions they do but I’m pretty sure the bottom line is about making money. For players it’s about having fun and enjoying a game we are spending our time (and sometimes money) on. I joined this forum to get information but mostly to interact with other players and I’ve made so many wonderful friends here, old and new! What really disappoints me lately is the hostile and rude messages I see in the forum. Everyone wants their opinions, ideas and feelings to be heard but it should be done in a respectful way .... respect for each other and also for Glu. They have provided us with this amazing game that we all love and they have demonstrated that they DO use our feedback to make improvements to the game. We need to continue providing that feedback but in ways that aren’t making the threads a negative or awkward place to visit. Our Koko does an awesome job of keeping our forums a fun, informative and stress-free place for everyone to feel welcome (thank you Koko!) but I feel like she’s been working triple time lately with thread moderation and it shouldnt be that way. Let’s all enjoy and respect our game and our forum friends :heart: Thanks for listening to my 2 cents worth :)
    Thanks @Vats :) Now that my hubby is a real player I’ve diligently done the daily dating to keep him from divorcing me haha! but it’s a chore for sure :p