Holiday gift boxes - 2017!

Comments

• OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    Still no Christmas items in my boxes  :'(:'(
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    The second time I've seen an item in my palette this year and the first time I've actually picked one!!
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    We were definitely having this problem last year. If my memory serves correctly, they actually adjusted the odds of picking an item because so few people were getting anything. I hope they do so again this year!

Part of the reason I didn't re-subscribe to my VIP membership was because I was getting no sponsorship tiles in my boxes. I was a gold level VIP but for the last month, I didn't win a single exclusive piece of clothing from the sponsorships. I will save my money for better odds!

My Christmas boxes have been a mix. I've gotten a few palettes with a single Christmas item in it and quite a few more of no Christmas items. I have been picking all the VIP tiles now that I'm no longer subscribed though! :# I did manage to get two new Christmas items, the slippers and the antlers. So I can't complain too much I suppose.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    edited December 2017
    well these are my boxes so far, some are a hit and miss, haha.

Day 1:

Day 2:
    I didn't open the game so that i can open the box

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5:

Day 6: I didn't open the game so that i can open the box
    Day 7: didn't open the game so that i can open the box
    Day 8:

oh and I cancelled my VIP subscription as well, @isabeau 's comment started to make more and more sense and as someone else said we get the items from the storylines in an update now so they're not as exclusive as they try to make them out to be, so i'll wait until another update to get these "exclusive" items from now on. :smiley:
  • whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    maxrockatansky said:
     I have been picking all the VIP tiles now that I'm no longer subscribed though! :# I did manage to get two new Christmas items, the slippers and the antlers. So I can't complain too much I suppose.
    Same. Funny how that works, isn't it? ? Not going back to subscribing though because the moment I do they'll stop appearing in the daily gift boxes.

astray said:
    as someone else said we get the items from the storylines in an update now so they're not as exclusive as they try to make them out to be, so i'll wait until another update to get these "exclusive" items from now on. :smiley:
    Exactly! I don't know why they decided to make these "exclusive" items available to every player (thus making them not so exclusive) but I'm not complaining. I'll save real money every month and I get to pick and choose which items I'll purchase rather than receiving all of them as part of the VIP storylines. I much prefer this anyway because I've received some items I'm not too fond of from previous VIP storylines and they sit unused in my closet, collecting dust.
    And back to the topic of this thread I've seen one (!) holiday item in my giftboxes this far. Not really happy about that but oh well. 

Btw, hope neither of you mind but I only quoted the parts of both your comments I was responding to as I didn't want to make my post super long. 

iOS player
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I am waiting to see what the next update brings us for the VIP subscription, but that'll definitely decide if I continue or not. As I've said before, I understand that as bronze I'm getting a lower tiered subscription, but I feel like a dog getting a bone, it's just not sustainable. Plus as noted by @whitepony, the items have become more or less meh and not really remarkable. Check out this VIP dress and a weekend dress

Obv different, but truth be told, I don't really need both. In the end, as of right now, I could save my money and buy a SMC every other month, get more than one item, and get Kstars back on it.

I actually won some boots today by completing the tiles, but I am still one away from like 9 and two away from 6 others. And again no holiday item.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    Still didn't win a Christmas item day 4

• RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts

Android
  • striverstriver Registered Users 50 Posts
    Since the gift boxes started, I have seen exactly one Christmas item in all of my palettes. Luckily I picked it or I would be even saltier. But seriously, this is ridiculous. I don't have all of last year's items, so that's not the problem. Beyond frustrating.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I don't have all the items from last year either, and none of the new ones. I've seen the ice skates twice since the holiday boxes started and that's it (of course I didn't pick them either time :/ ). I've just resigned myself to the fact that holiday items are a bust this year, oh well :trollface:
    Still nothing! This is awful!!
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Today’s palette:

I can’t believe my luck! First time I have seen the antlers in my palette and I manage to pick it!!! 
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Does anyone know why the holiday items aren't showing up in my boxes? I'm super disappointed, I haven't seen any!
    EDIT: After reading some comments, I should add that I got 3 or 4 items last year. This year, I have not seen any new Christmas items in my boxes... so weird! I really hope they fix this.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I mostly just keep getting cash so this has been more boring than the regular boxes.
    Platform: Android

Good news! The ugly sweater was in my palette today!
    Bad news, it didn't give me a video to watch so I could open up a 2nd box so I didn't get it.

text
    IOS

• SummermoonsSummermoons Registered Users 19 Posts
    After roughly a week of not having christmas items in my boxes, I finally managed to pick this cute PJs!

But I was sad that I didn't manage to pick the antler hair, I really wanted that. Still happy that I finally won an item though!
    Hi! My doll is called ☆Nessa
    Playing on Android. Add me on Facebook!
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited December 2017
    yayyy justice has been made ? the booties are so cute
    can't wait for tomorrow ?
  • scarlet_1scarlet_1 Registered Users 42 Posts
    I've won 4 christmas items back to back in 3 days by picking the exact same 2 boxes. Idk if it's a coincidence but I'm grateful! I got the boots, heels from last year, and both hairs(antlers and last years!) ?? my luck has been so poor recently I needed this stroke of good luck!
    Scarlet here!
    Daily KKH player • Level 36 • Currently A++ • Android •
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Got the sunnies today:

Also this is the first time I saw two special items within the same set.

@Naimonster they aren't animated.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Still nothing , I’m super sad ? 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts

What kind of holiday boxes are that?
    Getting really tired of the disappointment. 

Android
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited December 2017

What kind of holiday boxes are that?
    Getting really tired of the disappointment. 

The same kind that I'm getting :/ I could understand if items were in the pallets and I didn't pick them (per usual) but so many people not even seeing ANY items in their pallets seems pretty strange :/ I didn't even win all the items from last year so lots I could be winning if they would just show up!
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts

Finally saw the second festive item (well, technically items) since this year's boxes started - and of course I didn't pick it!! Oh well, fingers crossed for tomorrow...and I hope this is the start of more items showing up for everyone!
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    It's been over a week and I have yet to see a Christmas item in my palette.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts
    Finally, God hears my prayers, I just need my hair ????
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
    Another day where I can only open one box, but no worries, no items this time.
    IOS

• Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Day 5 and still no Christmas Items won

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited December 2017

okay but best night ever? ? the hair is gorgeousss
    those green pjs must be mine 
    I can't wait to open my Holiday box tomorrow ❤️
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    In the few rare times when it poped up Christmas items in my palette, it was items only from last year. Then a got the purse, shoes and the red christmas tree pullover, now the red/white outfit and hair. I think i got all the old items, but the weird part is that i never saw a single new item in my palette... Do you have to have the last year items first and after that you can win the new ones? Maybe from now on i will have a chance. 
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Yay! Finally got something after 3 days of nothing but kash & energy. Thought it was going to be the same again when kash was first picked.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)