~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Oh dear Heavens. How far do you have to go? My prayers are going to be with you and all the drivers in snow.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Usually 11 to 13 minutes but with this snow and these icy roads and the traffic it takes about 20 to 25 minutes now it has stopped snowing for the time being hopefully the sun will sun again and it'll melt haha and thanks, I am just gonna be patient and not rush through this traffic @kokokokonut
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Yuck @astray! We've been lucky and no snow yet, although the past couple years I feel like Jan/Feb we get hit pretty hard. I don't mind driving in the snow, I just hate driving with other people. I can handle my car just fine, but they may not :worried: The best was when I used to have an early schedule. Work started at 4:30am so I'd have to leave my house a little after 4, and nobody else was on the roads really so I could pretty much drive down the middle of the highway lol.
    Exactly! I always tell Baba and PuterHead..when you leave the driveway assume that every other driver on the road is driving drunk, and you have to drive so defensively.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lucky people drive mental through any weather here @soundspretty

so I agree with your statement @kokokokonut driving defensively is always the best thing to do , so far the roads are not as busy as they were when we first got slammed with snow it's kind of exciting it's been awhile since we've had any snow here so I was shocked by the amount of snow we got (6 inches) usually it snows for one day and it melts.

I am quite busy with it being the first day of Chanukah and all.
    My favorite is when the snow first falls and everything is covered in white, before the cars turn it to gray mush on the road and my dogs turn it yellow.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    How did I miss this??
    @kokokokonut So sorry Koko!...........

@Carol Davida OMG Carol!!! Don't let anyone scare you off! Message Kalinda, please don't hide that person!
    Nobody here in the forum wants someone around who threatens you!! Please contact Glu.
    And come back.
    Android
    two more days until Chanukah ends it's so bittersweet, it coming to an end is always the hardest for me, haha
    But then , your Catholic side swells up with visions of Sugarplums! And it’s not over yet.....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    haha that's true you're right @kokokokonut
    I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas
    Does anyone have fun plans this weekend? I unfortunately have to work Monday so my butt will be in bed Sunday night well before midnight. Hubby has the day off though so I guess this will be us

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'm going to Taiwan tonight and will be gone for 10 days so I'll countdown there too!

Sorry guys I had wanted to roll out the KKH card - Winter Wonderland edition before I take off, but I was too busy so I'll post them when I come back. A promise's a promise!

I'm almost done packing, phew! I have a few hours before I leave so I'm going to grind a lot first. Commitment!
    PM to add
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Have a safe trip, @Naimonster! Drink lots of bubble tea for me. ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    @Naimonster are you trying to compete with Glu to see which one makes me wait more? :D

While they don't give me the fab ponytail, you don't give me Winter Wonderland! :p

Have fun Nai-Nai! :kissing_heart:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Safe trip & have a great time! @Naimonster
    Android
    Have a wonderful time. So exciting. Happy new Year @Naimonster wishing you a safe hapoy trip, and wonderful memories, with lots of fun.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Internet situation to date:
    Now my internet company has lodged a fault with their subcontractor to look further into the matter. It will take their subcontractor company 24 to 48 hours to get back to me to book a date for them to come out to my premises to do futher checks. Which will mean another weekend without internet. ?

While talking to my neighbor regarding this, he ask me why not get a dongle or 4G wifi modem. Why didn’t I know about this? Nobody & the internet company ever told me about this.?

I found out dongle is out (god, that sounds dirty) as it needs usb port & only support 1 device.
    The 4G wifi modem is a portable modem which I can use as prepaid or plan. It just so happen that the company my mobile phone is with has one with the modem, sim card & 50Gb for 28 days for $99. Sold! Take my money ? ?

Yeehaw, now I can have internet to play the game till my internet company fixes whatever is wrong. ?
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
    So glad to hear that you found a solution for the internet, Lena! @klena
    We all know we can’t live without internet playing KKH game, LOL! I’m just so grateful that the internet company at the place I live is so good. On Christmas Eve, my neighbor’s snow plowing guy knocked over the cable box, I was the first one in the neighborhood calling the cable company and they came the next day on Christmas Day and our internet was fixed in a few hours! Happy gaming! ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Can’t believe they came on Christmas day. Now that’s what I call service. ?
    Yeah, I was getting stressed out without my internet. Don’t know how I used to survive before it lol.
    Now I can play the game in the comfort of my home again. I was getting weird looks from people at McDonalds.?
    iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Sadly, my temporary job ended for me since yesterday so I worked for the postal service for about 5 weeks. Nah sike lol but quite honestly though I hated my job with a passion. And, I probably won't personally recommend anybody that I know of to apply for the mail handler position because based on my experience it's the worst job ever even though the salary is well-paid though *sigh*

It was tiring and stressful because I worked at a manual labor job. I was physically drained and everyday my weakly body was in excruciating pain. I also didn't like how the supervisors were mistreating me as slaving me there because they would simply get madly annoyed with me when they saw that I was sitting down and resting while working smdh. This job felt like torture to me because I thought about quitting this job numerous times before but my mama ain't raise no quitter ?I had to constantly remind myself like remember Carolina your only purpose to not quit at this given moment is because you'll need those paychecks, so you gotta stay just to get paid. The supervisors were being unfair because all of the employees had to work 7 days a week without no days off. I took my days off when I had to because at the end of the day I'm a human being and not a robot. I literally had to take a liquid vitamin supplement in order to keep up with my previous job because I was losing my strength and needed the energy in order to stay physically active just to work. It has helped me out tremendously though. I honestly didn't mind working an overnight shift because in rl I'm such a night owl so I absolutely love staying up late lol

But, I will say this though even though I did complained about my most recent job, I am greatly honored to have worked for USPS because I only accepted the job just to gain some working experience because I know for a fact that it'll look good on my resume. So, I will be job hunting again and hopefully soon I will be able to find a permanent job just to replace my former temporary job.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Aww great attitude about the job. It’s like Babas. Good pay, grueling work, good experience . I’m just sorry your job was so strenuous, but the worst, to feel unappreciated like you are just a commodity to be used to the max.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I was waiting to hear the news about your job @Carol Davida ! Sorry it wasn't exactly what you expected. @kokokokonut is right you had a great attitude, I wouldn't handle it that way.

I was talking to my mom today and she told me about her first job. Her older sister worked on this store for two years where the her boss used to mistreat her employees. After my aunt got married, my mom replaced her for few weeks, but after the woman complained about my mom take a seat to rest a little bit when there weren't any costumers around, mom threw her badge on her boss' face and walked away!!! :trollface:

Oh and of course there's my dad, who owns his own business and sometimes he scream with clients, no kidding! So I naturally I don't have vocation to be someone's employee, I prefer to be a permanent bankrupted entrepreneur. B)

Back to college time while I was a trainee, my supervisors had nightmares with me. I was always doing things on my way, never wrote a report or take their suggestions seriously, but once they got used to my way to handle stuff, they got totally captivated by me. I met one of my supervisors (the most rigourous) last year at the movies, she was like super receptive to my presence and we talked for a while, guess I've done things right! :joy:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    edited January 2018
    My mama told me to change my attitude about my previous job @kokokokonut because mama knows what's best. o:) so now I try to have a positive outlook about life quite obviously.

I strongly agree with your statement @kokokokonut. I usually go by that saying that hard work pays off. :relaxed:

Hahaha @Vats that story about your mom's previous job sounds so epic lol :lol: I just died of laughter right now lmbo

Oh dang I couldn't do whatever that I wanted because I had no benefits so therefore I was just a temporary worker there with no union to have my back. So, it's kinda like I didn't have any rights as an employee working for my employers :anguished: I would've had complained about my mistreatment if I was an permanent employee there if I did had a beneficial union to back me up though.

It sounds like you can't be working as anyone's employee @Vats because you're like it's either my way or the highway :smirk: hehe. It will probably be best if you had gotten hired into a higher position such as a supervisor or oh hey even better yet as a manager⁉have you actually ever thought about applying for those positions before? I could totally see you in charge and being all bossed up aye B) because it totally fits you with your personality.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@Carol Davida, I’m sorry to hear about how stressful and awful your new job is. I know how much you were looking forward to working there and have a great working relationship with your coworkers.
    I hope you’re able to find a better job with a great working environment soon.

Meanwhile continue to be the baddest diva with the awesome attitude you’ve been. Nobody can put you down unless you let them. ?
    iOS iPad 
    edited January 2018
    Awe gee that's OK @klena but I'm hoping that my next new job is a stress-free one :sweat_smile:

I've actually gotten along with my team members aka my co-workers, but there were some peoples from the other teams at my former job that I find to be extremely difficult to be dealt with but hey that's apart of life and I had to work alongside with them even though some other peoples had an unlikable personalities overall :unamused:.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

@Carol Davida we're all rooting for you! That 2018 brings better experiences in all sections of your life! :)

As for your question, in my professional area self-employment is the best way to go. And a boss position isn't really my thing, but I do like team work and can handle a lead position, I like to hear what everyone has to say and then try to make the best decision.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yay I'm back!... to reality...

Happy New Year guys! Missed you all!

I've been in this lazy spirit since I came back yesterday, I will find time to catch up on all I missed here, eek seems like a lot!
    PM to add
    Welcome back, @Naimonster! Miss you!

🍎 iOS dolls📱