KK:H Weekend Event 1/12/18 - Keep The Cameras Rolling this Weekend!

1235Next

Comments

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LindaVB said:

Wow you guys are fast!
    Is there a SMC this weekend? I probably own it, but I want to add the pic to the Encyclopedia thread.

@LindaVB this is the current SMC. I think it’s been running all week :)

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Vats said:

I was wondering the same @Angeline & Jon ! I just completed the first gig so far, but I'm already in love with this storyline. The Michigan Smith from my game looks exactly like Jon's. It's so cool when Glu make an effort building characters, instead of letting the game random generate their appearence! <3

Anyone flirted with him?! Curious to know his reaction!

Happy Birthday @astray ! Hope you're having a marvelous day. And don't worry about the waste, I'll eat those chocolate cakes in your place! ;) </p>

I chose the flirt option. And he does not seem that interested, or he has a funny way of showing it.
    Platform: Android

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Apple has, and nothing. No response. Go figure. She's locked herself in her Belair manse, with a pint of rocky road.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @SugarK!!

And happy birthday, @astray! Hope you are having a great day!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks @DelphineGarnier for telling me! I imagined that his behavior would go on that directions, so I didn't even try! Just finished the second gig and I'm so pumpped up, can't wait for the final part.

I read the SYS conversation and checked guy's wardrobe, there's a jacket tagged with the SYS checkmark, it's not in sale yet, so yeah it's very likely we'll have a SYS soon. That jacket will be painful to style though. :smirk:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    Don't know if any of you tried, but seems like we can't invite a VIP on a gig in PopGlam Bora Bora. I guess it's because they didn't make them "swim". I got Khloe round before doing the first event gig, as I wanted to invite her on the photoshoot, but I didn't have an option to invite any VIP. Just letting you all know :kissing_heart:
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Oh man thanks for letting us all know what happens when you pick the flirt option. At the first task at Oak my husband was one of the random NPCs at the bar and when the flirt option came up I was like "IT'S A TRAP" so didn't pick either of the options as they came up.

I figured out later he was probably just there because that's where he hangs out a lot but after the new years event I was paranoid that our faithfulness was being tested.

He seems like sort of an idiot anyway though so meh.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes you all means a great deal :)
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    haftime said:
    I'm hoping that SYS dress on sale means we're having an SYS next week during the week! I like that dress and will be happy to buy it for (more than!) half price. SYS events where the item to style is a dress though are tough. It makes you so sick of the dress by the end! It also allows for less expressions of personal style, which is one thing I enjoy about voting. But if we are having an SYS coming up I'm excited because I think Glu has done a really nice job of giving us cool items during those events! ETA: did any guys get an item for sale in their closet?
    I have to agree with being “given” (having to buy) such a big chunk of an item to use/work with during an SYS. The item becomes more and more loathsome as the days—no, hours—go by, and there’s little room for creativity. Especially when the majority of SYS entries already—and always, forever and always, always—show a player (has no imagination; couldn’t care less; is just spinning the same exact outfit/hairstyle/shoes again and again and again; and/or done the extreme least) to send a doll off with (depending on the single item): random hairstyle; unimaginative shoes (is it that hard to look for a cute or whatever pair of shoes?? Apparently it is); andddddd that’s it. An entire outfit—read *always* a dress—is boring to work with, more than tiresome to have to keep viewing, inspires few (and hey, there really isn’t much you can do anyway)—and too, too many KKH players are like: “Accessories? What’s that?” I also already have this dress-‘n’-jacket, and I really like it a lot. Putting it in an SYS would only kill that for me and I’d never use it again. There’s every reason, if it’s to be used for an SYS event, to sit that one out. I am glad, though, to be rid of those wretched tb boxes.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Happy birthday @astray! I hope you have a wonderful day full of joy <3
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Dixie woke up late and needed her coffee. She slipped on a cardigan and dark glasses, hoping no one would recognize her

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    LindaVB said:

OH MY GOD!!! Look at that silver dress!! Those hairstyles and handheld items!!!! Amazing!!
    I'm really hoping we will get a VIP event, there are so many items I must buy!

Hey Linda! I'd love to add you, but your links aren't working! :(
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Why didn't we get extra event points? What's the point of doing the storyline then? I mean they're fun, yes, but if I use the energy I used for the 6 hour event storyline quests for doing 3 hour reality shows I might have finished by now. I hung in there for the extra points at the end and there were none. Really don't know if I'll finish now... 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    The 'villain' from the weekend's storyline looks eerily familiar ?

@KalindaKing is that you? ??? 
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
    skevans said:

LindaVB said:

OH MY GOD!!! Look at that silver dress!! Those hairstyles and handheld items!!!! Amazing!!
    I'm really hoping we will get a VIP event, there are so many items I must buy!

Hey Linda! I'd love to add you, but your links aren't working! :(
    Hi @skevans ! I updated my signature, thanks for pointing this out to me! I just sent you an add request on Facebook!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Happy birthday @astray :) Hope you had a great one :smiley:

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Happy birthday @astray!!

Finished this morning myself, thank goodness. 
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    @Stefan001 I thought the same! :joy:

Think it's the chin+lips combo which gives the impression, but looking closer that evil chick could never be compared to our beloved GluGoddess!

Michigan also reminds me of Bort somehow.

Can't wait for the conclusion of the storyline next week. Hope they give us the golden monkey handheld as freebie. Wouldn't be great if in 2018 they start a new trend of giving us an item per update as incentive to complete the weekend storylines?!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Vats said:

The Michigan Smith from my game looks exactly like Jon's. It's so cool when Glu make an effort building characters, instead of letting the game random generate their appearence!

Agree so much with this! And the same with Vivian. She kinda reminds me Carmen Sandiego, especially with the long coat and wide-brimmed hat, just in all-black.

I didn't manage to get the GB hair this weekend, buuut Maria just lifted my spirits by calling to offer me the Cape Town baby hippo! I can never turn down a pet luxe goal. I got 16 K-stars off the usual 80 K-star price.

I realized Michigan Smith was overall based on Indiana Jones (plus that monkey statue handheld may be reminiscent of the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark) but it took me way too long to realize even his name itself is a play on the other's, too! :D Such an obvious connection with the U.S. state names but my brain took the weekend off, I guess! It took me a while with the Bug Syrup / Beetlejuice character from sometime back in October, too. Not the brightest crayon in the box, this Pez.

A very happy belated birthday to you, @astray! (And thank you for your series of Hanukkah posts! We appreciate all the work you put into them!)
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Whew I'd almost forgot to post this but I finished the event in exactly about 17 min and 37 sec ago to spare.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

So yesterday afternoon I decided to grind my ass off. By the evening I had 599 event points so I whipped out 1 last show before I could finally get to bed. Collected my points and closed the game, was so tired.

BUT I can't find the hair in my closet??? I feel so sick rn. I didn't go to the event horn and click collect, I think that was my problem with this... I feel so sick

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @September oh no! I recall the last time I forgot to collect my item before the event ended, the event banner still popped up for me and the timer just said "Time's up!" and I could collect my item. That was months ago so maybe Glu changed things. If you have a screenshot maybe support can help?
    PM to add
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    September said:
    So yesterday afternoon I decided to grind my ass off. By the evening I had 599 event points so I whipped out 1 last show before I could finally get to bed. Collected my points and closed the game, was so tired.

BUT I can't find the hair in my closet??? I feel so sick rn. I didn't go to the event horn and click collect, I think that was my problem with this... I feel so sick
    Sorry to hear that @September ?
    Try doing what @Naimonster just advised, contacting the GLU support. I think it's the best option
    Okay so some miracle occured?? I opened my game to submit a SYS entry and saw an exclamation mark in the hair section. Then I saw that the hair had appeared there!! So happy right now, all the grinding wasnt for nothing ^^

Thanks for the advice @Naimonster @Danizzle . I didn't have a screenshot but I'll keep it in mind for future troubles :)

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @September so glad you got the hair & the time spend grinding wasn’t a waste of effort. ?
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
    Glad all your work didn’t go to waste and you got the prize @September ! I try to screenshot everything, I can always delete them later :)
    Happy for you @September !! I also always screenshot everything, you never know...
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I always try to screenshot.....then there is always the one shot you don't take......and that's the one that comes back to bite you. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    You're welcome @September. And I'm very happy that you got your hair