KK:H WeekDay Event 1/15/18 Show Your Style ~ Fashion Event!

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Pez said:

Man, what a way to start my Monday -- dentist appointment, then lost my first round! At least my teeth looked perfectly fine, haha.

Like @klena, I'm wearing lace-up heels to go along with the lace-up side detail of the dress:

Oh Pez..I didn't give any one of my trip any hand helds, but I toyed with the Black Swan. Good to see your doll wearing it.
    Hey, how do you guys feel about mixing gold jewelry with the silver zippered jacket/dress
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I was always taught that you shouldn’t mix gold and silver jewellery. Maybe that advice is a bit old fashioned nowadays. But I can’t seem to let go of that advice. So with that silver accents on the dress, I go with silver tone jewellery. Gold just doesn’t seem right to me but that’s just personal preference.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited January 2018
    I don't really mind gold and silver together, but I guess in real life that would probably work best on someone with neutral undertones.
    Platform: Android

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @Rumpelstilzchen I can smell regret.. ? maybe I should start hunting around for hot dentists.
    PM to add
    You can smell regret? Kim can smell cavities.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Cuz BS is coming out their mouth?

Sad, Jax lost his 2nd round with that same outfit, changed to black pants for now.

Xan won with this outfit, and rocked the runway with her friends @KatePillgrim, @SugarK & @Angeline & Jon.

PM to add
  • MissMarvelMissMarvel Registered Users 45 Posts
    edited January 2018
    I've gone through two rounds so far and won both of them :blush:. With my first look, I decided to try some gold jewelry and see how it turns out. I think it's a bit busy, oh well.

With my second look, I tried some silver jewelry, but I have very few of them.

I'll probably keep revising between them for the rest of the event. With those wins, I got to my black box:

Any other box would've been better... sigh.
    I'm using my energy in reality shows in London, doing my Great in Britain achievement, it's level 5 right now.
    edit: What about you guys? What are you spending it on?
    Android. Level 28.
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    edited January 2018
    I got a late start so I literally just submitted for the first time, but keep an eye out for me ?

KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    Well, well, lookie who I found. The other half of @Angeline & Jon & straight after him was one of @kokokokonut dolls Apple. Has that ever happened to anyone? Having 2 forum friends appearing one after the other?

iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts

This hairstyle always wins during SYS. I love it!
    IOS :)
  • MaxyliciousMaxylicious Registered Users 71 Posts
    It's so weird having everyone wear the same outfit. Here's the look I'm going with, luckily I've won my first 2 rounds, so I'm gonna stick with it :)

KKH and K&K iOS player since March '16
    KKH Doll name Liyah, Level 70, A+++, 1.2 billion fans, #1 reality tv show: The Fast Lane
    K&K Doll name Liyah J, Level 28, 260 million followers, Krew name: Krewzn
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I am having bad luck so far. Lost both rounds.

I'm starting to wonder with the dress if tacky is better. How bout I just pile on ALL THE ACCESSORIES
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited January 2018
    aww @klena that first doll is definitely me! ? now the second one, we might need FBI to step in because she's a look-a-like! haha I had to zoomed in, I was like "did I change my boots?"

everyone looks amazing! I love seeing you guys in my list (hopefully this happens soon) ?
    edit: about the mixing silver & gold... I know people do mix this two but I personally don't like mixing them up ? I've always thought silver goes with silver and the same way with gold. but I've seen some looks mixing this two and looking amazing so it definitely works sometimes! I guess it's more of a personal preference.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the pictures! @Naimonster @klena
    Angeline’s first look lost twice, although I really like that look?. So, I changed her hairstyle (even hair color) and shoes to the look Nai posted. She finally won the third round with her new look. Jon is in better luck, he won all three round so far. Thanks to whoever voted for my dolls. ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I still haven't made it to the black box-- I keep losing my rounds, so I changed my look. I started off with the dragon and the wand, to be kind of cheeky since the dress makes it hard to be creative, but that didn't work out so well (probably would be better at the end of the event, when everyone's tired of the dress!)

So now I've got her in a more classic look, hopefully I can wind a round!

My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Good luck dolls, my next round ends in a few minutes. Fingers crossed for everyone!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Thank you @klena, @Naimonster, and @kokokokonut for the kind words about my doll's look! She unfortunately lost three rounds in that look... but a change of hairstyle and she won her fourth round!

I finally got that TB collar with the seashell charm in my black box.

This morning and afternoon I was seeing quite a few dolls wearing zero accessories and starter shoes + starter hairstyles. I figure those are NPC dolls but obviously I can't say for sure. But I do hope my doll doesn't look so terribad that those are who I was losing to!

I saw a doll in the Christmas Ugg boots! :lol: She was otherwise styled well. That was a nice laugh after the sting of losing a round. Thank you, whoever you are.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

@Angeline & Jon Glad to hear Angeline has won and Jon is stealing the show.?

@haftime, lol I think if anyone is voting by the end of this event it would be done halfheartedly. ?

@Pez, I saw a doll dressed stylish wearing those Ugg boots too ? Glad you got the seashell charm. I still haven’t seen it yet in any of my black boxes.

For my black box, I actually picked 25 kstars. Hooray!! Then for some reason, instead of pocketing it, I decided to open another box. Got this bag instead ? but on the positive side, I now have all the colours so won’t see that bag again. ? Forgot to screenshot the palette as too annoyed with myself lol.

Sunnies for my gold box. @kokokokonut is this the pair you were after for awhile? Don’t usually put sunnies on Kate but I think she might like this one.?
    iOS iPad 
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Spotted two forum dolls just now. @AListJacey @KaylaJ ?

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    It's so rare for me to spot forum dolls, either that or I have bad memory of faces
    PM to add
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts

I got a late start so I literally just submitted for the first time, but keep an eye out for me ?

You've come up 20+ times for me already! I've given love each time! <3
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited January 2018

I opted to play off of the bronze in the necklace/clutch (***which didn't show up in the photo, oops!***) and thought the blue boots complimented the dress nicely.
    I love the dress this time around! I've passed on so many SYS challenges in the past.

And yes, I'm always going to be the redhead with glasses - it's how I look in real life! :)
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • MissMarvelMissMarvel Registered Users 45 Posts
    edited January 2018

... Goddamit.
    At least there's no energy spot in TB boxes, so whatever I get will be an improvement.
    edit: Also, I've won all my rounds so far! :smiley: There's that, at least.
    Android. Level 28.
    Wow thanks @skevans and @Angeline & Jon! I hardly ever seen forum dolls but I get so excited when I do ❤️ I’ll keep an eye out for you guys too ?
    KKH iOS player ✨

@HollySisk, pretty sure this is your James I spotted.?
    iOS iPad 
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited January 2018
    So I just hit my gold box!! After getting Kash in my black one I was ready to open the gold one...

Noooooooooooooooooooo not only did I get Kash AGAIN, but the double bun hairstyle was in there!! WHY!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • TheBlackVlvt_KKHTheBlackVlvt_KKH Registered Users 34 Posts
    The event goes so smoothly for me. I’ve won all my round so I didn’t changed my look. Here’s what I won in the first two boxes, I am 25 points away of the first TB : 

And here is my look : 

I wish you the best of luck to you all with your boxes ! 
    TheBlackVlvt
    iOS player
    Level 40 - #1 +++
    TheBlackVlvt_KKH on Instagram 
    @TheBlackVlvt_KKH what hair is that :0 
    KKH iOS player ✨

• TheBlackVlvt_KKHTheBlackVlvt_KKH Registered Users 34 Posts
    edited January 2018
    @AListJacey my hair ? It is from the limited time Kollection ;)

Edit : this Kollection, Sultry Soiree

TheBlackVlvt
    iOS player
    Level 40 - #1 +++
    TheBlackVlvt_KKH on Instagram 
    Some of you might be aware that my home internet had no connection since December 31st. It seem to be fix just before the end of a round. Then it started going laggy while I was submitting my look. The result being that that it keeps bouncing back and I have to resubmit. ❓

This happened about 4 times and each time I resubmit the game treat it as a new submission so I ended up an extra 4x5 event points. I am now a round ahead without having to spend kstars for early results. In addition, I have not lost a round ? ?? Will wonder never cease?
    Then again, I have not been to sleep yet and the event started at 6pm last night for me. It’s currently 7.20pm. ???

So here’s my first TB box. Another black & white bag. But hey its free so no complain.? I also managed to resist opening another box. A first for me. Yay ?
    iOS iPad