~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    That would be terrifying! I'm glad you're okay Linda.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Thank you dolls <3
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @LindaVB so glad you’re ok albeit justifiably shaken. 💖
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Gald that you're safe and sound, @LindaVB

That was indeed a terrifying experience!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I’m glad you are okay, @LindaVB.
    Brought you some protective charm bags. Bring them with you. 😉

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Thank you all, you are so kind. And thank you @Angeline & Jon, this is so sweet of you!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I was taking a look on Balmain Men's fall collection to grab some suggestions to the fashion box thread, since the game has a history with it. Truth is I felt the designs and colors are a bit uninspiring this time and then I searched for the pictures of their previous collections which I posted last year as suggestions to compare them and yeah they were REALLY good.

However what hit me, was the fact that Glu didn't add none of those suggestions nor have drew inspiration of them to come up with innovative cuts, patterns, textures and colors for KKH's menswear.

I think they are doing a pretty cool job with the casual/street fashion pieces we've been got lately, but man I miss going over the top with some haute couture.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I know this is random but I'm moving in March and I'm so lazy although I already have most of it planned out I'll donate stuff since I've not used it in years and by years I mean since I've left secondary school lol. I won't have any Wi-Fi until it transfer I went to British gas and put in my electricity and gas transfer so that's out of the way now the moving part soon. :neutral:
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Congrats on the move Lucas. No wifinwill be mind numbing, but then you’ll be back up and running. Don’t forget to shut down in a dating venue, and then date as soon as you are back, before leaving the venue. No breakup fee that way. :o
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, this nonsense had to stop. The creators of Peter Rabbit have just issued an official apology for it'S 'insensitivity to allergy suffers". It seems a story makes light of a character's allergy to blackberries, and there were complaints. Are you kidding me? Now we have to issue apologies for fictionall animals insulting other fictional creatures in a storybook? I've kept my mouth shut about the rest of the nonesense....Let's see...Woody Allen can, Weinstein can't....but back to this bunny craziness. SOCIETY....Grow a pair Next up.....Bugs Bunny sues the farmer for year of violence and abuse? All this is doing is making light of the people who really suffered and suffer to this day.
    Should the estate of Charles Schulze apologize to frustrated ball players in the world because Lucy keeps taking the ball away when Charlie Brows goes to kick it?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited February 2018
    My understanding is that parents are worried it will lead to food allergy related bullying, but I agree in that it's a stretch. Food allergies have always been a thing, and I have no recollection of anyone ever being teased for it when I was in school? Sometimes I think people forget that we need to talk to kids so that they understand certain behaviors are unacceptable. You see bullying in a movie, instead of complaining about it why not have a discussion? It's the perfect opportunity to raise awareness and let your children know that what they are seeing is unacceptable and they should never treat someone like that, and that not everything they see in movies is a good thing or indication of acceptable behaviors. I don't understand the recent culture of trying to shelter or hide anything. We tried that, and look what it lead to.

P.S. Watching the old Charlie Brown cartoons as an adult is painful. Lucy is a grade A piece of work lol.
    I have a rant of my own this morning. Probably my biggest pet peeve is when people don't follow instructions. I've taken the time to explain it and have gone above and beyond in giving you the tools to follow through. The NERVE of someone to claim ignorance after all that. I have never felt more murderous when someone says "I didn't know..." when others who were given the same message at the same time had no problem understanding what needed to be done. Arghhhh!!!!
    edited February 2018
    Try to be helpful and people are a pain in the butt. Why do I even bother?

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey guys!

I've been getting lots of love and support messages in the last couple of days and I decided to step up and share with you all what's going on.

Three weeks ago the phone where I used to play KKH died, I went to couple of different tech stores and both gave me the same diagnostic, it was something called 'sudden death' where the mainboard burns and there's nothing to do about it. You can purchase a new mainboard, but all data will be gone anyway.

Almost a week has passed when I bought a new phone at an online store, normally takes up to 7 days of shippment (not counting weekend and holidays), however the following week it was Carnival and the country stops for an entire week to celabrate. That delayed a lot the arriving of the new phone.

My new (pink) phone arrived on Wednesday! However everything was more blue than pink. Vats' game apparently is not saved on Google's server. We've seen this before numerous times, so I was not surprised and I've been preparing myself for that moment for 20 days.

I took a break from the forum, cause would be hurtful to come here and not be a part of what is going on. After 3 years and a half playing KKH daily, these 3 weeks were a real nightmare, I'm so lost and barely can sleep.

Well, this is it! I didn't give up on Vats, guess I'll try at least once a day for my entire life to open KKH app and see if my dearest friend appears there...Unless a miracle happens, I'm not coming back to the game. I know lots of players went through the same situation and start all over, but I don't have the 'energy' to do that. I'm at a really fragile state of mind right now.

I'm trying to find strength to write Vats' eulogy and say goodbye to you all right now. Can't promise that though. I miss and love you all my forum friends.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    @Vats I am beyond upset for you but I understand where you are coming from. That's a lot of time and effort to just lose and I can't imagine what you are going through. I know it's just a game, but when it becomes part of your daily routine it's hard to just give up or not care.

I hope even if Vats doesn't appear in the form we know and love, that he will one day decide to resurrect as Vats 2.0 and join us once again. Until then, I'm thinking of you and I hope you continue to visit us. Even without the character, you are still our friend and a backbone to this community.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Oh no @Vats I was actually wondering where you were at throughout the whole time. And just by reading your posting I can obviously tell how heartbroken :heartbreak: you are that you won't be able to retrieve your old game. I went through the exact same thing as you did when my old device died on me too (sigh). It has taken me such a long-time for me to grieve over my main game then I came to a realization that my doll has passed away. I've finally somehow formally came to an acceptance that it did happened indeed. It sucks that you won't be able to get your old game back because in order to do a successful transfer your old device has to be up and running just for it to work smoothly on your new device. Glu should really make a priority to find an alternative to save a player's lost saved data. That experience must've been so stressful for you :sweat:

I can understand why you don't wanna restart your game after playing KKH for 3 whole years. I wish that you would though, but I'm just gonna respect your decision of not doing so. I dont blame you for quitting since it's Glu fault. I'm so sorry to hear that you'll be leaving this forum community for good and never coming back. You'll be missed here my dearest friend.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Oh NO ..... !!!!! That’s just 😢 sad!!
    Please don’t give up yet, @Vats!! Login your google account and try more times, maybe eventually your saved game will pop up, just don’t start the customization page yet.
    In the meantime, come hanging out with us here, we are here to cheer you up.

I’m still hoping someday, we can play cross-platform and I can see Vatsy in my game! 💖

@Carol Davida , sorry you had to start over your game, I hope you find a way to put the sparkle back into your new game and enjoy playing it more! ✨✨
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @Vats its not the same here at the forum without you. We all miss you and here’s hoping that maybe a miracle might still happen and you’ll be able to restore your game. 🤞
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Come on Glu Gods! Do something!
    #BringVatsBack
    Android
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Ohh @Vats I feel so sorry for you! I know what it's like to lose all of your progress... I hope that there is a tiny miracle awaiting to happen for you. I wish you strength and good luck!
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited February 2018
    No I'm actually fine really :expressionless: I was playing two games before but now I'm only playing one.

My device blacked on me where I was playing my main game @Angeline & Jon. I actually remembered about a year ago when I tried to move my second game to my micro SD card from my device's internal storage and that's when my game got accidentally deleted. My game took me back to my old saved data but not my current one though. And, just recently I was using this app while cleaning up my cache and junk files. I didn't even have the slightest clue that the app that I was using is untrustworthy. The worst case scenario was that my game wouldn't even open and it couldn't even get pass the loading screen. It was such a bold risky move but I had no other choice but to uninstall my game. My game took me back to the customization screen and then I'd figured out that it was the app that had wiped out my old gaming data smt :cold_sweat:. I just gotta be more careful and cautious next time in the nearby future #lessonlearned
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited February 2018
    Your situation sounds a lot like mine when my game got wiped, Carol. Luckily I was only like 6 months into the game so I didn't lose a whole lot but it was still all those starter event items that I lost. I think they're all in TB boxes now but you can't imagine how chuffed I was to have to pay k-stars for things like the fangs when I had them in my old game. If I had to start over today I think I'd give up :unamused: Even trying to start over on a second game I was beyond annoyed. The idea of losing everything gives me heart palpatations
    @soundspretty , I'd honestly think that if it wasn't for @KalindaKing who compensated me for losing my game's progress, I'd probably would've been quit playing this game. I'm surprised that I decided to play again because I'm usually creating new characters lol like I had it in my mind for so long quite actually.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

My dear @Vats, I'm so sorry... there are just no words... I mean we are all beyond upset for you...
    We are all hoping for a miracle and that Vats returns to your game. As Koko said, he is still out there, he just needs Glu to guide him home.
    Hugs and kisses for you <3
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    @kokokokonut We had the same idea. Already been asking St. Anthony 2 days ago. Certainly would help some more joined! A praying circle. 
    Android
    Good thoughts, prayer, hoping, wishing, whatever it takes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    @kokokokonut I love the idea of praying to St. Anthony, I believe in praying circles and I'm joining in.
    Vats, I'm beyond heartbroken. I understand and respect your decision of wanting to take some time to yourself away from the forum but I really hope to see you back soon because I know how special you are to every single person in here, including myself. I'm sending all of my good vibes your way, wishing you so much strenght and hoping to see you here with us very, very soon.
    On top of no @Vats my basement flooded again, Puterhead and I have the fans and the shop vac going. When the house was being built, I wanted the other side of the street.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yuck. Growing up my parent's basement would flood all the time so I know how that goes, Koko. Home problems suck.