Male vs. Female Characters

LoveAlwaysAZLoveAlwaysAZ Registered Users 16 Posts
Hi everyone! 

I'm a new Kim K: Hollywood player as well brand new to these forums.  So, first things first.........HEYYYYYYYY!!!!   LOL

Im a guy who very recently started playing this game, and right now im thinking of resetting the progress ive made and changing the gender of my character from male to female.  However, im posting here in case any of you long time players might know some things i dont.

In short....i find that having a male character in this game is NO way near as exciting as having a female character.  The girls in the game seem to have TONS of more clothing and design options, whereas the men dont.

I wish Glu would become moregender netral and make the clothing selection more vast for everyone.

Some guys like to wear dresses, heels etc.....or even just more sparkly, cute things.  On the other hand, some girls are moreso tomboys and dont dress very "girly".

But in this game......at least if you made a male character.....most of the clothing is very "masculine" and doesnt accommodate us guys who like more femme-esque clothing.  Id like to wear remixed versions of the womens clothing in the game.  And i know there are othet male players who'd like to wear dresses in the game, etc but there really arent many options for us.

I dont even see "Kollections" anywhere either so im assuming those are exclusive to female characters as well.

Am i missing something?  Are there better and more eclectic clothing for men in the events or something?  Or is this game just better suited to create a female avatar?

Id also appreciate some promo for veganism and cruelty free clothing like faux furs and leather alternatives that promote equality, but........being that Kim herself doesnt fit those bills im guessing thats not in the works right now.

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    There are a few players here who play both a female and male doll and can give a better perspective, but I do agree in that it seems Glu gives a preference toward female dolls in regards to styling options and features. Probably because female players are the majority of their base demographic.

I don't know how the default wardrobe for males and females compare to know if there are more or less items. As you play, many of your clothing items will come from events. These items can be hit or miss - for both male and female dolls. Here is the event encyclopedia you can use to browse what females & males received as items in past events: https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5421268/kk-h-event-items-encyclopedia-please-dont-post-here#latest

I do know that recently Glu has started matching event clothing, so the male clothing matches colors and patterns to the female dolls, which is something they haven't really done before. I would also recommend if you have examples of clothing you would like to see in the game for male dolls that you submit to the fashion suggestion thread: https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5439401/2018-kk-h-fashion-and-beauty-suggestion-box#latest

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    we have a member who just switched from female to male. Let's see if we can get @Stefan001 to share.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi @LoveAlwaysAZ and welcome to the forum!

You raised some interesting points and seems quite of an activist. I'd say keep your male game and fight for what you believe.

When I became a forum member I started my campaing for long hairstyles to be added to guys' wardrobe. We had only 2 + 2 'bob' styles (all from Stardom's legacy) during all the first year the game ran. Then we got Brad Pitt's hair after my suggestion and the rest is history.

My point is, if you keep around the forum, use the suggestion thread properly, show your love for the game and your interest in different things, probably you'll get some supporters and Glu may notice and do something about it.

Start a girl game it's the easy choice. Of course there's the dark side (play more than 1 KKH game), so you can have both worlds. Good luck on whatever choice you make!

Oh and Kollections is available for guys too. Maybe you didn't reach the level to unlock it.

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hi and welcome : )

Girls have SMC while guys don't.

Girls get special clothing collection like Karl Lagerfeld, Huntsman etc.

Lots of makeup options have popped up for girls while guys look forever the same, can't even change a freaking beard color. Not even a basic change of lip color.

Ok so many more complains about the lack of devotion to male dolls.

If you are playing this game for the story line, events, then any gender works fine. However, if you are into the fashion aspect then girls have it better. More research and effort was put into the female dolls because majority are female players and it is obviously financially more beneficial to do so.
    PM to add
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. ?
    Yes, I agree with Nai. If you are into fashion, it’s more fun to play a female character.
    I really hope that Glu won’t add skirts or very feminine clothing items as “event items” for the male characters. Nothing against anyone’s sexual preference. It’s just we (or just me?) have been suggesting that the ethnic items should be in the closet for whoever wants them to purchase not as event items. If Glu wants the game to be more diverse, they can price those special items with very affordable Kash price. This also benefits players who specifically want those items won’t miss it due to either can’t finish the event or miss the event. You won’t want Asian eye feature as an earnable prize and force everyone to wear Asian eyes, would you? Well ... I am expecting to get “disagree” on this post. ? Anyway, happy gaming. If you have time, playing both gender characters is fun, too. ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Hey @LoveAlwaysAZ and welcome to the forum!

I recently had a female doll and it was one of the most exciting gaming experiences for me! I enjoyed every bit of it because of the MANY styling options I had, SMCs and generally girls get amazing stiff in this game.

My God, where do I start with my male game? ? It isn't nearly exciting as the girls game, what I can say about the men's closet is that it's basic. Like most of what's in my wardrobe is just suits, sweaters, a couple of good shirts and t-shirts and that's that! Sometimes I dread wearing formal trousers from the closet because they barely reach the ankles and they have some ugly designs if I'm being honest here.

But don't give up on your game! There are tonnes of amazing clothes you can still style around especially casual clothing. That's the only reason I've kept my male game.

If you'd wish for more styling options the fashion suggestions threads always open and they hear us out. Good luck and happy gaming! ?
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    the men's outfits are so bland unless you like to use stuff like photoshop to pretty much edit clothes onto your doll and then show them off the men's clothing is pretty basic, even the event items are awful (sorry just me being honest), every now and then the men will get something decent during an event but lately it feels like we've gotten the same BS except they either add designs like floral or something that we will probably never wear unless we are desperate of course. The reason men don't really have nice stuff is because it's so obvious that there is a lack of a fashion sense when it comes to men and like Nai, Angeline, and Stefan both stated the game is more focused on women since that is what it's demographic is based on. It just amazes me because a lot of the fashion designers they mention in this game actually create clothes for women, men and kids so it's NOT like they just create clothes solely for women so why we don't get an SMC of Karl Lagerfeld or Balmain (because like i said they create men clothes as wellm I've bought a few boxer shorts, watches, and shades from Karl so I KNOW for a fact that he designs menswear) I will never understand or hey give us some stuff her husband's worn or stuff Scott's worn yeah sure he isn't apart of their gang any more but he once was, he can dress pretty well, I mean at least let the men in Kim's life or the guys who play this game help with the designing of men clothes sheesh, i feel like my doll has shopped out of a donation store every time i see the crap they give us during events it actually makes me want to cry every time i see the disappointing items they think anyone with a sense of fashion would ever wear irl i'd actually wear half of the stuff around the house or when i am being lazy and not trying to dress myself up, lol.

I can go on and on about their lack of fashion sense when it comes to the men but i'll stop here, however don't just give up on your guy, i created a female game yep went to the darkside as @Vats stated, ha.
  • LoveAlwaysAZLoveAlwaysAZ Registered Users 16 Posts
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

But YES......having a male character in this game is a let down.

I reset my game and made a female character and its much more fun BUT......I definitely dont feel as connected to the character or the game now becuase the doll isnt as much a reflection of me now.  And the main idea of the game is for people to create a doll that represents themselves, and take it all the way to the A list.

You know what shocks me about all of this though?

I played the Nicki Minaj game, or should I say what is left of it (apparently Glu stopped developing that game, never completed the storyline, and didnt fix the HUGE glitches in what parts of the game that ARE available....which amounted to my progress being shafted and wasted money spent...Glu customer service even told fans who were asking about it that they stopped making that game, and isntead of fixing the issues they told people to start playing the Kim K game).......

....ANYWAY, the clothing, hair and accessories for the men characters and the Nicki Minaj game were pretty awesome!  They had more flamboyance, more sex appeal, more color to them.....why doesnt Glu just take the items for the male dolls in that game and import them to this Kim K game?

And elaborate more from there?

I would have enjoyed this Kardashian game more if I had those type of options that made me love the Nicki game before it stopped being developed.

Having all these cute options for a female doll is nice, but its not as authentic for people like me.

If Glu changed this, and made ALL clothing available to ALL genders and really diversified the clothing for everyone......they would have a gold mine on their hands.  It could reinvigorate the game.

Imagine Kim being able to go on the talk shows, her reality show, the press, etc and say that her game was getting a HUGE update where there were NO gender restrictions.  The FIRST celebrity game where boys or girls could really create a character that representeted them by having ALL clothing options available to them, ALL body types, more diverse clothing, etc.....

The exposure for Kim, Glu and this game would be HUGE.  And that means more people invested in their brand, happier fans, and more SALES/purchases which means more income.

It would be a win for the fans, a win for their brands, and a win for business.

Im shocked their respective teams havent thought about this yet.

They could really take this and use it to "re-launch" the game to the mainstream public and take things to the next level.