Lets talk about our new Home!

124Next

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I'm still struggling with the new layout of the boards. I love the new features, but I don't like the layout itself. I need to turn signatures off because they annoy the heck out of me between the postings. I also tend to overlook postings because there is no clear cut between them. It's very exhausting when you are in a rush and just want to check the boards quickly in your break. I also don't like the huge emojis. They mess a posting totally up.

The technical aspect of the new board is on point and very up to date, but the layout is not as user friendly as I hoped for.
  • MagriatrixMagriatrix Registered Users 123 Posts
    I kinda like the new layout of the forums. 
    These words are like knives and often leave scars. -Brendon Urie
    It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness. -Phil Lester
    Fast food, greasy taco, I love. Food like this could've only come from above. -Tyler Robert Joseph

:oAll of you are beautiful in your own way. Don't ever change yourself.:o
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @Cherrey turning the signatures off makes a world of difference!!! For sure try that :)
    Cherrey said:

I'm still struggling with the new layout of the boards. I love the new features, but I don't like the layout itself. I need to turn signatures off because they annoy the heck out of me between the postings. I also tend to overlook postings because there is no clear cut between them. It's very exhausting when you are in a rush and just want to check the boards quickly in your break. I also don't like the huge emojis. They mess a posting totally up.

The technical aspect of the new board is on point and very up to date, but the layout is not as user friendly as I hoped for.

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I have to say again, how poor this layout is for people who use their mobiles. Didn’t anyone bother to consider that...since so many of us play on our phones to begin with? The design is big and clunky. Only a few threads fit on a page, unsuitable for cells, unlike the previous design, where you could see everything current and pertinent going on on the first, and most important, page. The new design vs. the old kills that, and it just becomes a big, frustrating monster as well as a long, too-involved, waste of time. The design should suit everyone’s devices, it just wrecks the whole forum for mobile users and only works best for for those using a laptop, tab, or desktop. Now, for me and my phone, the design is cumbersome, heavy, bogged down, and broken up all over the place; everything is all the more difficult. And the amount of time and effort to go through all the paces, play a constant hide and seek, really isn’t conducive to a good, fun, happy experience. It would be great if we could see “the big picture” as before. Other than that, I like how it’s brighter, more colorful, which makes it cheerful, and I dunno, someone said the “icons” are “smaller”?? Did they mean our av’s? I think they look bigger, and clearer, something I like a lot. If this was a more compatable layout for my phone, I think I’d really like it a lot. 
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Can anyone tell me what happened to our “Friends” list and their avs on our own forum page?? Does it still exist? I really liked that; have someone I wanted to add; and also it had people who are no longer here, but I liked seeing them just the same. It kind of meant a lot, to be able to see the people who you’re friends with, reminds you of happy, fun things together, and also, it was just plain nice. Anybody know? Thank you!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes I really liked our friend list, I like to reminisce. I also want to get back my inbox messages there!

Ok here are my thoughts about this forum after using it for awhile now.

What I like
    • The 'like', 'LOL' etc buttons
    • That we actually get directed to new posts of the discussion and discussions in bold indicate new posts
      (Previously it was a hit or miss)
    • The new inbox is awesome!
      (Does it mean no more inbox limit? And we can't delete messages?)
    • There's no annoying "your avatar picture must be less than 25mb"
    • Uploading pictures, gifs are way simpler, bye imgur!
    • No deleting of posts and edit times are shown clearly
      (Teaches people to be careful of what they write!)
    • Earning badges is interesting
    • Bookmark function
    • We can tag people and #hashtag
    Suggestions
    • Limit 10 posts per page
    • What in the world happened, I hate the XXXL emojis!
    • Change back to our previous BBCode post editor
      (Now it's troublesome to change text color, and can't change text sizes, fonts as I like. I also lost my box that decorated my signature... boo...)
    • I don't like the 'Disagree' button, do we get badges for the amount of 'disagrees' we get by the way?
      (Like... Don't you ever hit this button on me! I will find you and I will kill you.)
    • When someone quotes a post, we used to be able to track back on the quoted post with a ">>" button but now there isn't.
    • About the design, I think the page should be wider.
    One last thing, who in the world is System?
    PM to add
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts

Yes I really liked our friend list, I like to reminisce. I also want to get back my inbox messages there!

Ok here are my thoughts about this forum after using it for awhile now.

What I like

• The 'like', 'LOL' etc buttons
    • That we actually get directed to new posts of the discussion and discussions in bold indicate new posts
      (Previously it was a hit or miss)
    • The new inbox is awesome!
      (Does it mean no more inbox limit? And we can't delete messages?)
    • There's no annoying "your avatar picture must be less than 25mb"
    • Uploading pictures, gifs are way simpler, bye imgur!
    • No deleting of posts and edit times are shown clearly
      (Teaches people to be careful of what they write!)
    • Earning badges is interesting
    • Bookmark function
    • We can tag people and #hashtag
    Suggestions
    • Limit 10 posts per page
    • What in the world happened, I hate the XXXL emojis!
    • Change back to our previous BBCode post editor
      (Now it's troublesome to change text color, and can't change text sizes, fonts as I like. I also lost my box that decorated my signature... boo...)
    • I don't like the 'Disagree' button, do we get badges for the amount of 'disagrees' we get by the way?
      (Like... Don't you ever hit this button on me! I will find you and I will kill you.)
    • When someone quotes a post, we used to be able to track back on the quoted post with a ">>" button but now there isn't.
    • About the design, I think the page should be wider.
    One last thing, who in the world is System?
    I agree with all of this @Naimonster I too was wondering why we can't see our friends any more

I also miss the block option too I mean I rarely had to use it but it does come in handy.
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I've always noticed the 'bookmark' star icon on all the threads, but just now spotted the 'dismiss' gear icon on the announcement/stickied threads! Gosh, that could've been there the entire time and I just never picked up on it until now -- I need to pay closer attention to things! Finally, I can clear away some of those threads and not have to scroll a mile to reach the most recent discussions.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Whaaaaaaaaat? I just refreshed the forum page and now I've got colours LOL. It's actually easier to read now, IMO. Thanks Glu :)
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Glu HQ did some re-branding lately! We have new colors and and a new logo. Hope you like it :)
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    edited December 2017

Glu HQ did some re-branding lately! We have new colors and and a new logo. Hope you like it :)

I mean, the blue kind of clashes with the super chic, modern, neutral tone KKH world we have going on here, but I realize Glu owns more games than just the Kardashian one..

But still.

Also, not going to lie, but the drop shadow/stroke Glu logo is kind of ... 2005-ish now. Sorry Kalinda! :#
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, the theme is gone. I think the gold clashes with this almost turquoise. But swap the gold for a nice purple and we’ll have a Winner. Sad to see the text editor hadn’t improved. And the divider between posts and signatures is almost nonexistent.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Not sure how I feel about the new layout yet.
    Pez said:

I've always noticed the 'bookmark' star icon on all the threads, but just now spotted the 'dismiss' gear icon on the announcement/stickied threads! Gosh, that could've been there the entire time and I just never picked up on it until now -- I need to pay closer attention to things! Finally, I can clear away some of those threads and not have to scroll a mile to reach the most recent discussions.

Thank you! I never noticed that as well! :)

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Whyyyy is it blue?!?! I don't like it. Even a little bit. Change it back!!!!! ????

Edit:
    After scrolling for a bit, the blue really drives me crazy. It looks SOOO out of place with the gold banners and generally neutral look of the forum. It looks like the forum was updated besides a GIANT BLUE BANNER WITH RANDOM BLUE BUTTONS!!! It clashes so badly! The logo also looks like it's from 2005, like someone else stated. I'm sorry to whoever thought these changes were a good idea because it's god awful. Please change it back, Glu!!!!!!
    ✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Pez said:

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

So I tested the dismiss button, and then now I don't know where to see that thread anymore *face palm*

Haha I noticed Glu's new logo a few days ago, I don't mind it as much as I do with the new blue layout.
    PM to add
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

So I tested the dismiss button, and then now I don't know where to see that thread anymore *face palm*

Haha I noticed Glu's new logo a few days ago, I don't mind it as much as I do with the new blue layout.

I wonder if it just unstickies so it goes back chronologically to whenever the last post was in the thread.

• PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited December 2017

I wonder if it just unstickies so it goes back chronologically to whenever the last post was in the thread.

@Naimonster @soundspretty Yes, that's exactly what happens! Sorry if that confused anyone. I can still find several of the threads I unstickied on the first and second pages of the forum. I don't see a way to re-sticky them for ourselves, but they can still be 'starred' and then found under our bookmarks section, at least.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I'm just glad there aren't any spambots here, yay!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    There are, I just get them faster. Muhahahaha.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey guys, check your forum inboxes! You can access all of your old private messages now!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    heh heh heh. Thank you thank you thank you glu. ANd you Kalinda. you are an awesome glu goddess. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    This might sound silly. I was getting nervous to see my member status changing from advanced to senior member when I hit 1001 posts this morning, but it didn’t! Woo hoo ~ Thanks to this past Thursday’s forum maintenance. I think the post number is higher to reach to senior member? Great timing, I am not retired from the forum yet. Senior member just sounds old to me .. haha 😂
    🙈 Also noticed that the emoji icons from my precious posts all become “?”.
    🙉 The search function needs to be improved. Can we search posts only from the current game forum I’m on, not from the entire Glu forum? I couldn’t find this thread when I searched.
    🙊 We still need a delete post botton. The safe draft function is good but can’t be deleted either.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers