Options

iOS Devices: Which one looks the best to play KKH?

AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
Hey, Dolls! I am on a quest to choose which Apple device would be the best to play KKH! I currently play on iPad and it’s way too slow for my own sanity.

Resolution is important to me as I love a crispy/clear picture. My current one is 2,048 by 1,536 with 264 ppi. 

The obvious choice would be iPad Pro because of the biggest screen. However, it seems to have less ppi than other devices and I don’t know how that looks like. 

I know android devices have better screens. But... starting over isn’t an option. So, no! 

For comparison, here’s a current Screenshot of my device: 

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me with this! 💞

Comments

• Options
    TheBlackVlvt_KKHTheBlackVlvt_KKH Registered Users 34 Posts
    edited January 2018
    Hi @AmeliaKKH, I currently have an iPad Pro 9.7 and I launched the game once to see how it looks on a bigger screen than my iPhone 7+. The quality is, to my eyes, exactly the same as your screenshot.
    I didn’t try on a 12.9 so I can’t tell you if there is a difference. If you really want to have a new iPad, go for it. If keeping your current one is not a problem for you, don’t switch to a new one as the quality doesn’t change a lot, imo, at least for the 9.7 Pro.
    TheBlackVlvt
    iOS player
    Level 40 - #1 +++
    TheBlackVlvt_KKH on Instagram 
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited January 2018
    I’m playing on an iPad Air2 and an 9.7 iPad Pro (2016 model). To me, they are both good in terms of the picture resolution and the smoothness of changing screens. I’m very satisfied with both of my devices. Overall, I’m very happy with playing the game on iOS. I have downloaded the game on an Android device once and I deleted it in a few hours because it was so delayed. It’s not the latest Android device for sure but I will not switch to Android for sure just because I have seen more Android players lost their game progress, that scares me.

Edit to add: just noticed your current device has the same resolution as mine. If it doesn’t satisfy you, the only choice is go with iPad Pro (2017 models) or wait for Apple to come up with a better model. Sorry, not much of help. 🙂
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 2018
    AmeliaKKH said:

Hey, Dolls! I am on a quest to choose which Apple device would be the best to play KKH! I currently play on iPad and it’s way too slow for my own sanity.

Resolution is important to me as I love a crispy/clear picture. My current one is 2,048 by 1,536 with 264 ppi. 

The obvious choice would be iPad Pro because of the biggest screen. However, it seems to have less ppi than other devices and I don’t know how that looks like. 

I know android devices have better screens. But... starting over isn’t an option. So, no! 

For comparison, here’s a current Screenshot of my device: 

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me with this! 💞

I have the 128GB Pro, and it is phenomenal. Maybe the size makes it faster, but out of my 3 KK:H games, the ipad is the swiftest movement wise. I had 2 other iPads, the 1st generation that wouldn't update to London because of iOS limitations, the 4th Gen with retina display....crisp pics I could churn butter faster than my doll could pass it down the bel Air Dining table. But I love my Pro. It has me seriously considering switching to an iPhone next month. Or it did till Puterhead bought me an android watch. (yeah, I just connected the dots here. Darn him.) Anyway. Did I mention I love my iPad Pro?
    First up SS from the game, then screenshot of the forum,

And from the camera itself..... here’s a pic of my laptop screen showing your posted screenshot.

Hope this helps.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    For better comparison, I opened dialogue in the SS from the pro

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    OMG! Thank you guys! I checked in right before I went into a hearing and couldn’t tell, but I was so happy to see your feedback so quickly!! Thank you so much! 💞💞💞💞💞💞 

@TheBlackVlvt_KKH Yes! I have been reading the specs and noticed it isn’t much different! Including the the iPad mini! It’s pracitally the same! Actually, better than my current 9.7 one.

@Angeline & Jon to be honest, I’m not happy with the quality! But there’s not much I can do about that because no other offers a better image! What’s been bothering me is just how slow it has gotten. Specially with freezing screens. Yes! Android was so freaking slow! My mom wouldn’t let me install on her tablet again so I can’t remember quality! But android devices seem to have much, much better Screens! Yes! I was considering iPad Pro 12.9’ but for the price, the ppi isn’t much better so I’m not sure how it would look! Atm Im torn between iPad mini because of the portability and the biggest pro! Tho I have a thing it wouldn’t be much different to justify the expenses. 

@kokokokonut GURL! You’re not a KKH player, you’re a KKH pilot!!!!!! That is serious machine power!  LMAO to the butter pun!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yes!!! I love the resolution and how clear it is! And it must be sooooo good to play on a big screen!!! That was my obvious choice. Tho I often AirPlay it to my TV! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Well! Honestly! If I hadn’t such a petty peeve with the Android system I would switch in a heartbeat. The android specs are much better! Specially with the watch OMG! I be having daydreams getting notis on my wrist: “your energy bar is full!!!”

It’s crazy! Looking back I notice how much the displays didn’t change much over the generations. ATM Im considering either an iPad mini or big iPad Pro. Tho I like best the idea of carrying my KKH around. Something I don’t do cause I only use iPad at home. So iPad Pro would kinda be the same with a better playing experience!!!!! Specially with your passion for it! I’m like... damn it! Can I get all? 

Your images are sooo beautiful! I’m wondering if it is the game that could improve to make it look more sharp! What do you think?! 
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @AmeliaKKH, I play my game on iPad Air 2 and have no problem with freezing screen or slowness. My game runs smooth. Have you check how much memory you have left? Also how’s your internet connection speed?
    Image wise, personally I think the quality is the game itself.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)