KK:H Weekend Event- 2/2/18 - SYS NY Fashion Week Lets Celebrate!

Comments

• KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I don't know if anybody notice or say anything but if you wear white hair then the GB hair will have like a pink highlight. But if you wear dark hair like black or brown then there is no highlight.
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    Keia said:

I don't know if anybody notice or say anything but if you wear white hair then the GB hair will have like a pink highlight. But if you wear dark hair like black or brown then there is no highlight.

Dang, that's a shame. Hairstyles shouldn't have color-specific features. That's just not fair.
    :/
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I was super lucky and won the hair for my freebie and then the lips for my second box!! I quit there, I didn’t want to push my luck! I love the lips!!! I really wish we had that shape for regular lip/no sparkle and glitter as well, it’s a bit disappointing all of the new makeup options completely change our dolls face. The hair color on blonde is everything, again I wish that light rose blonde on the top was avalaibe as a color for every hair, I remember a doll in this forum Having that option as a glitch for her pink hair swatch!! 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Keia said:
    I think the darker the base hair colour is, the more subtle the effect is - I posted in the weekend fashion show thread with a few examples of the effect it had on different colours - this one is probably one of the darkest colours that it still shows up on:

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Have a great time in Dinsney World, Kalinda!!

I opened my first palette even before submitting my first look lol:

Hair AND dress!! Woohoo!!!!
    And after reaching my free box I went fir the lips, which thankfully I got pretty soon:

Yay!!!!!! Sooo happy with my new items!! Now back to grinding to win some of those spent K-stars back
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited February 2018
    well I went ahead to try and get the hair and here it is! I was going to try and get the lips too but I didn't want to risk losing more K-stars so I stopped there (I was going to choose the one with energy bolts so phew!)
    such a good palette too!

and here she is 💕 very happy with the hair! loving the ombré effect

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited February 2018

I got the lips
    text

Seriously though, I like them. They're a bit bigger than I'm used to, but I like how you can change their color and the smile of them (I'm still a bit traumatized from the lip ring smile)

I'm gonna do my best not to chase. I love the gb dress, but I don't really care about the earrings and the highlights on the hair are only kinda noticeable so I'm kinda meh about them.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    So happy with the giftbox hair! I love the pinkish glow it gets with certain hair colours. And i love the fact that it doesn't show up with black or red hair, as I think that would clash too much. It took a bit of chasing (had to open 7 boxes and got a lot of kash) but it was worth it :)
    Opened the lips as well. Not sure what to think of them, a bit too duckface-y for my taste. But still, the hair makes up for it!
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    No reward again for the weekend storyline !
    Continues next week....
    Come on, Glu! All that work again for nothing? I couldn't care less how the story continues this time.
    Sorry for venting, but this displeases me enormously. 👎
    Android
    The guy did have a nice style @Vats. Felt a bit sorry for him. Voting is hard sometimes, I take it very seriously. If I can't decide between two looks, I prefer not to vote.

There you are @Cherrey! Right..?

Say it is you, a SYS isn't complete without running into you 😉
    Android
    Hmm. Something isn't right with my NPCs. I have some favorite ones which I use for gigs. But now I can't find them because I run into the same people again and again. If I leave Panino and re-enter I still find the same two guys. Even shutting down my game. Still the same people. Oak, Brew Palms, everywhere the same people. Is this happening to anyone else? 
    Android
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @Rumpelstilzchen I took my doll to all the venues as a test & my NPCs situation are the same as yours. Maybe it needs time to refresh? At least I hope so.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited February 2018
    @Rumpelstilzchen same here. I noticed that since this recent update. I used to have a lot of loyal NPCs that I invited to reality shows. They were always at the same restaurant that I could easily go in and out of the restaurant a few times to find them back. I hope this can be fixed. In the meantime, I just use Konnections to find new NPCs for my show.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Maybe this is the exact reason @Angeline & Jon..
    Risking to sound paranoid here: the whole 'konnektion' thing might be the new way to let us pay kstars for those little helpers in the future. 
    Android
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I got the only item I wanted in my free box <3 

This dress makes me want to consider another wedding haha

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited February 2018
    I really like the gift box hair, dress and lips. I like the ombré pink better than the closet pink hair color and it makes me feel better that I didn’t buy the pink hair color last BF sale. The sparkle lips look good on many different face shapes. I don’t want to start another #SoGlammLipsForSale campaign a year later, so I chased. Look at my first palette! Isn’t it the dream palette?! 😲

I got lucky and decided to try the hair and the dress. Of course my next palette I got nothing and was too disappointed to even take a screenshot. Then .. Tada! 😄

I’m pretty sure I will finish this event in no time so I have already summited the “Universal Language Look”. Let’s fill the voting booth with “Universal Language Look” dolls. Together, we can send everyone to the finish line. 🏁

Here are some forum friends I found and voted for yesterday.😉 @haftime @LindaVB @KaylaJ

Have fun at Disney, @KalindaKing! We will miss you. 😘

🌻Edit to add: Just went through my album on my iPad. @SugarK I found Kiki, too. For whatever reason, I missed posting her picture yesterday?! Posted it now just in case you want to save the image. 💖

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I’ve finished the event and have been submitting this look lol. Love been able to recycle my halloween costume. Feeding time for little dragon. P/s Does dragon eat pie?

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    edited February 2018

This is the look I’ve been submitting and winning with, minus the hair which I just won lol 
    I really want the lips so I might end up chasing 🤔

I love the hair shape so I’m keeping it, but I do wish black hair got a little more effort put into it. Why do all the other colors fade into pink while black fades into... more black?
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    This event was fabulous, I love all the items! 

So happy about getting the lips!! Man, what a lucky pick.. Woohoo! 🎉🎹
    Android
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts

There you are @Cherrey! Right..?

Say it is you, a SYS isn't complete without running into you 😉

Haha, I waited for this, Rumpelstilzchen! But this time its's actually not Cherrey :#

This is what she looks like during this event. I bet you are still going to find her somewhere. You always do :D

I should have known @Cherrey.
    You look so much better! 
    Android
    klena said:

I’ve finished the event and have been submitting this look lol. Love been able to recycle my halloween costume. Feeding time for little dragon. P/s Does dragon eat pie?

First off, love the look. The pie just completes it, lol.
    And I'm pretty sure dragons eat whatever the hell they want. At least that what GoT has taught me!

iOS / add me on facebook 
    edited February 2018
    I'm not going to be doing any chasing.

I was lucky enough that all of my outfits, except for one, won - so I finished the event last night. I'm not chasing the GB lips or dress because I don't know if I'll wear them. As gorgeous as the GB dress is, it's just not personally my style. I like the GB hair but my kstars are somewhat depleted and I've had awful luck with GB's since the new year.

So, I'll be submitting my ridiculous look soon. But thank you, Glu, for a fun SYS! I really like the necklace and dress (even though I wish the boots could be separated), and the purse was fun to style around.

<3
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • MaxyliciousMaxylicious Registered Users 71 Posts
    edited February 2018
    @Vats Thank you! I took you're advice and went with the first pic and won all my rounds! Woo! B)

Finally done with the event, I just had to chase the hair and the dress and thankfully, it didn't break my bank to much ;)

I don't know if they test new makeup looks on all skin colors, coz my doll looks absolutely ridiculous in those lips :/ Kinda glad I didn't win them to be honest... :|
    KKH and K&K iOS player since March '16
    KKH Doll name Liyah, Level 70, A+++, 1.2 billion fans, #1 reality tv show: The Fast Lane
    K&K Doll name Liyah J, Level 28, 260 million followers, Krew name: Krewzn
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited February 2018
    @klena great minds think alike! haha the first thing I did as soon as I completed the SYS event was dressing up my doll too

and there she goes, she went for a more... colorful outfit this time
    look at my baby dragon's happy face
  • TjystsTjysts Registered Users 33 Posts
    Has anyone noticed the discounted pink tennis shoes in the closet? I'm thinking there may be another SYS during the week... Wishful thinking perhaps?

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    If there's another SYS event after we're already having one, I'm skipping it. I'm not earning back Kstars just to immediately spend them again. And there's no guarantee I'll get anything good from the boxes, so it's not worth it.
    Platform: Android

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Those shoes were added for the Halloween SYS event, but they went with the fangs later. They always go on sale now whenever there's a SYS event happening.

I know because it's the same for a pair of pants in the guys' closet, which was supposedly the required item at that time.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    No reward again for the weekend storyline !
    Continues next week....
    I did get 50 bonus points in the end, which I consider an improvement. Hopefully it wasn't just because it's a SYS event this week.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    @Charli Oh, 50 points are fine! Maybe I received less because of my answer then. Thanks for telling me. 
    Android