KK:H Weekend Event - 2/9/18 ~ Love is in the AIr!

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @LantsPance continuation from last week. You should get a call from the person you helped out last week asking if you could help their modeling friend.

I lucked out with 2 eight hour dates this morning then a four hour, and now I'm stuck on a one hour train :( Got the shoes in my free box which aren't my favorite but I can't complain about getting an item.
  • KimaKima Registered Users 3 Posts

Can not believe my luck this week! Loving the dress <3
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    Two dates into this event, and look what happened:

Everybody, meet Mila! She looks just like her Momma, without having changed any of her features. She didn't get literally any of Dad's features... Oops? Sorry, Papa.

Remember folks: all that dating leads to babies! LOL

<3
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    aww @skevans congratulations, so cute, maybe she got at least the eye color from dad.
    PM to add
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I got a good palette-- all 4 items-- but of course, since I didn't like the hair, it's what I got! The concept is good--pretty flowers in the hair, but that braid is huge! If it was messier, it might be that she fluffed out the loops in the braid, which is a trend, but it looks like a tight braid which is pretty absurd at that size. I REALLY wanted that Belle rose, and I liked the dress and shoes, too, but I was able to maintain my will power with my first box (kind of too bad, as I would have probably opened the dress and shoes, but still not the rose). I kind of still want to try for that rose but it's such a risk and I went through so many k stars chasing the lips last week that it's hard to justify.

I'll post modelling shots of Everly with the braid in the fashion thread.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 

aww @skevans congratulations, so cute, maybe she got at least the eye color from dad.

Thanks, girlie! The only thing I did was buy her a new hairstyle and onesie.
    Dad is tan with brown hair and brown eyes... She definitely didn't get that! Sorry to my NPC hubby, although he doesn't seem to have a lot to say! LOL
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited February 2018
    LindaVB said:

Thank you @Angeline & Jon and @Naimonster !
    I went for it, opened 5 boxes... first pallette contained Kash-Hearts-SHOES and from the second pallette I got K-stars..................... AND THE DRESS!!! Woohoo!!! Sooooooooo happy right now, the dress is gorgeous and it has this sexy cutout that does not really show in the preview as the dolls has her arm bent for holding the rose.

@LindaVB, Congrats on getting all GB items!
    I think it was @judithkkh who encouraged you to go for more but maybe my Rapunzel post brought you luck, too! Just had to take the credit... Haha 😂

Thanks, @Naimonster ! Wish you all the luck if you decide to open more! 🌹
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I'm so glad going back in worked for you, @LindaVB !

For me, it was an utter fail and I'm totally kicking myself. The items were even in my palette I just couldn't pick the right boxes. This is why I don't chase! So mad at myself.

120 k-stars fewer and pretty much nothing to show for it :s
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    So I only ended up spending 200 stars chasing, which I’m really happy with and I ended up with the hair and dress. 
    Then decided to spend another 40 and got the rose. 

Super super super stoked with all my items this weekend. 😘
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Got the hair in my free box! I've had some pretty good luck with hair lately.

It looks very strange on, though. When it's in motion it really looks like it's actually attached to the chin and is maybe a weird braided beard????
  • MayrilinMayrilin Registered Users 41 Posts
    I'm happy I got what I wanted: the dress and rose.

• PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Wow, the GB items are very pretty, and I think I like the earner items even more! I like how the skirts of both dresses become more sheer toward the hemline, and I love the shape and color of the earrings.

The heart-shaped box of chocolates is the cutest thing ever. That's my doll's true love she'll be stepping out with this Valentine's Day -- chocolate tucked under her arm everywhere she goes, not arm-in-arm with a husband! :wink:

Does anyone else have the SYS-themed megaphone? (My announcement cards are correct for a dating event, just the megaphone icon is wrong.) That gave me a good startle this morning when I was still shaking off the last of my sleeping pill, grinding on autopilot, partway through a date :lol: "Oh no, I haven't created any looks yet! I gotta bail on my date! Oh, wait, he dropped dating event points, phew, it's okay..."
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Good eye @pez. I think it’s just a slip up. So many events, the wrong image went up....but as you said the event is right.i so agree about the heart of candy. My dolls haven’t put them down since they got them. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Valentina PazValentina Paz Registered Users 21 Posts
    Hey everyone I just wanted to know if there is a weekend quest this time, I'm not sure if I got something new 
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts

Hey everyone I just wanted to know if there is a weekend quest this time, I'm not sure if I got something new 

Hi, this weekend's storyline is a continuation from last week. Once you complete last week's weekend story, you'll get the call to continue them. I had the same question, haha.
    Daily iOS KKH player
    edited February 2018
    I completely agree with all of the comments about the GB hair: IT'S MASSIVE!

I just measured it on my phone and the thickest part of the braid is literally the same width as my dolls face. That's just not right. Is there any way that Glu could make the braid just a biiit smaller?
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Valentina PazValentina Paz Registered Users 21 Posts
    Hi, this weekend's storyline is a continuation from last week. Once you complete last week's weekend story, you'll get the call to continue them. I had the same question, haha.
    Oh ok, thank you! 😊
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Lisylis said:

When it's in motion it really looks like it's actually attached to the chin and is maybe a weird braided beard????

Oh, no, I can't unsee it now :lol::lol::lol:
    Got the hair in my freebie btw. I like it regardless! I think it's super romantic and I love how tender my doll looks with it xD
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
    Yeah, that image is burned into my brain now. Braided beard? H
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    What is going on has anyone esle experienced glitching in their game a random smc I already have piped up then disappeared and I didn't get the events storyline 🤔 please help me
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Hmm, I just got a mini-loading screen when opening my game that corrected my SYS-themed megaphone to a dating-themed one, but it also placed a black tag on my closet icon and is running a "Limited time!" banner at the top of my closet with a countdown timer. I can't find any new clothing items though (maybe something's there but I haven't spotted anything yet).

The countdown timer is for ~144 hours, which I think runs until the usual weekday event ending time (10 PM Thursday East Coast). Maybe some kind of Valentine's Day sale is coming, or a weekday SYS, perhaps?
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    @Pez the only thing I could find were those pink sneakers that always go on sale during SYS events hmmm
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Saw this new item in my closet:

Guess we'll have a midweek SYS event with items from a previous weekend event as earnables. We've had one one of those before as well.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I'm sure we'll find out more over the weekend. Right now I'm just astonished, my games all juyst finished. I think maybe I have a problem opening GBs. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Julia88Julia88 Registered Users 123 Posts
     I'm just really glad, that I didn't chase the rose like I intended to do 
    I play on Android
  • GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    I'm intrigued maybe were having a throwback in closet sale of previous items during a sys midweek event maybe ohh the anticipation is exciting
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Done

*✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • MTCasonMTCason Registered Users 17 Posts
    I notice down at the clothing store this morning there's a black tag with a star on it, and in the store itself there's a 'Limited Time' banner with 134 hours counting down. Is something on sale? I can't find anything new or different in the store. Anyone have an inkling what this is about?
    Congrats @skevans what a precious little bundle of joy. 2 dates in and boom. huh?
    She's lovely.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    MTCason said:

I notice down at the clothing store this morning there's a black tag with a star on it, and in the store itself there's a 'Limited Time' banner with 134 hours counting down. Is something on sale? I can't find anything new or different in the store. Anyone have an inkling what this is about?

No word on what it means, if there's anything about it, we'll find out later. There is nothing new in the woman's game as of this post, one new hat for the boys.
    I'm moving this into the Weekend Event thread, where the other discussion about it has been. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary