Options

KK:H Weekend Event 2/16/18 - London Fashion Week Here We Go!

Comments

• Options
    LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Honest to god I have got hair in the last three weekend events by picking this one box (and also hair in one of my black boxes the other week)

I actually don't know how to style this though, the little spirally wispy bits confuse me.

I'm not going to be around for most of the weekend as I'll be out of cellphone coverage. I like the dress though, hope I make it that far.

Edit: holy heck that lips giftbox bag is phenomenal though
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    haftime said:

thanks for the spoilers, @KalindaKing! The earnables are nice, and I'm really hoping I get the dress/jacket in my free box! I'm not feeling the bag, though-- it could have been so so cute, but again, the proportions seem off, like it should be a fraction of the size it is.
    I like that the earnable earrings, though big, are dainty/delicate. Good job on the design there, Glu. The earnable dress looks so similar to the top they did on K&K for the Nov. 16th event:

I wish I knew the real outfit that inspired it! The K&K top is hard to wear, but the way it is incorporated into the dress here works better. I look forward to seeing it on Everly!

I completely agree with @haftime when it comes to Glu having proportion issues lately. It’s a shame because designs like the passports, the Valentines giftable flower bouquet, and the lips purse are great ideas but then ruined by their size. Please please please Glu, pay more attention to proportion.

As for my opinion when it comes to the earnables, I think the dress is odd looking and really prefer the KK top haftime posted. I stopped playing KK once I reached the level to get the bonus items here so I’m not familiar with that wardrobe or dolls. (haftime, i think your doll is quite pretty!)

I am disappointed with both hairstyles because they look so stiff. I had hoped I’d prefer them in Dixie’s blonde but I actually feel the earnable style looks even worse on Dixie than on the spoiler.

As for this weekend’s items for our male dolls, I always have @Vats opinion in mind when I first look so I anticipate he hates the brown leather jacket. I don’t mind it but hate the pants. They are oddly shiny and once again, too short. Why can’t glue make pants the right length?? Or at least include socks.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dixie is pretty salty with Jon. First she’s had to pay 10kstars to charm him today and then he had this to say!?!!.

LOL
    @Angeline & Jon

P.S. Her red, white & blue is due to the Olympics. Go USA 🇺🇸
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I am amazed that I even managed to pick the GB items at all. My free box only had 2 GB so is the second box I picked. But there’re worst palettes out there like @ChicCharlotte.

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    All 3 got the dress, 2 got hair one got shoes....I'mean going back in a little later for more shoe and hair chasing. And don'the you know, know that I said I didn't want it, and I didn't get it, I'mean starting to crave the purse. Happy Reality Show Weekend Dolls!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited February 2018
    KaylaJ said:

I'm not as in love with the earnable dress, but since that hair is earnable, I'm totally happy! Would also love that Rocky Horror lip purse

:)

Get in the plane @klena , we're going fashion show hopping!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited February 2018
    HollySisk said:

Dixie is pretty salty with Jon. First she’s had to pay 10kstars to charm him today and then he had this to say!?!!.

LOL
    @Angeline & Jon

P.S. Her red, white & blue is due to the Olympics. Go USA 🇺🇸

@HollySisk, Sorry, Dixie. You can steal Jon but you can’t steal his heart for Angeline! 😛
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Saw the girl’s gb jacket/dress has angel wings on it this morning. I HAVE TO have it! It got my name on it!! I got lucky with my free box palettes on both games. So happy! 😄

@Naimonster , Jon & Jax can be naughty together. 😂

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited February 2018
    saw the dress this morning on my doll and even though I wasn't going to chase it I really wanted it and ta-da! such a good palette <333 I will not be chasing this weekend but that purse is actually really cute as well! good luck everyone 💜

• Options
    Omg omg omg omg Vats is back And he looks fabulous! Ok....off to find him here now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    _AriaBae97__AriaBae97_ Registered Users 30 Posts
    I have had so much luck today!!! I completed my GB and the earnables!! I am in heaven 😍💖😇😇
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    It looks like the purse is loosely based on this Kendell + Kylie Lucy Lips Crossbody Bag.

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Why is it then whenever I pick a GB item (which is rare), it's always the item I like the least?!
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I was hoping to get 40 kstars from the box. Or if I got an item, it would have been fine if I had gotten the bag to get more event points. This week I chase nothing because I'm not making the same mistake I made last week when I had to rush to save up for the SYS.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    @KaylaJ Woohoo, fashion show hopping!

iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    @HollySisk I want to clarify that I do like the K&K version of the top--it's very pretty. But in K&K it was really hard to style because we had fewer items overall since they stopped updating the game. If we had the top in this game, I have lots of items in Everly's closet that would look great with it, no doubt! Also, the doll in the image above isn't mine (though I agree she's very pretty!), she's the one that Kalinda posted in the spoilers thread! I was inspired, though, to style Everly in the top yesterday when I saw these spoilers, so here she is!

I was very lucky to open an item in my free box today, and am grateful that I had all 4 items in my palette-- the first palette should always have all 4 items, Glu! I didn't open any boxes because I have no confidence in chasing that jacket/dress (though fab!) after some recent chase fails I've had, lol.

I'll post how I styled my new shoes in the fashion thread!

My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Dixie is mad that I won’t chase the GB so she put on her new shoes from the free box and her angry eyes. (I really like these shoes)
    Hanging out with @ChicCharlotte, @judithkkh , and @klena ‘s dolls in their stylish new outfit did not help Dixie’s mood. LOL

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    edited February 2018
    HollySisk said:

Dixie is mad that I won’t chase the GB so she put on her new shoes from the free box and her angry eyes. (I really like these shoes)
    Hanging out with @ChicCharlotte, @judithkkh , and @klena ‘s dolls in their stylish new outfit did not help Dixie’s mood. LOL

well @HollySisk , Dixie looks fab in her rosy dress and hair! Dixie and Everly can be "sole" sisters :wink:

I love seeing how differently @ChicCharlotte @judithkkh and @klena styled the dress/jacket! And they all look great! (I'm also trying to stay strong and not chase it, lol)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    MissMarvelMissMarvel Registered Users 45 Posts
    Got the necklace first, I've seen it around a lot but finally, it's mine! Decided to open one more to help with more points and got the hair. YES! This hairstyle is basically the one I wear when going out, a ponytail over the shoulder. Aside from the wisps and that it's parted in the middle - mine is side parted. Thank you so much, Glu! :heart:

Android. Level 28.
  • Options
    @haftime & @HollySisk the outfit can only be worn every so often but those shoes are so much more versatile. The best thing - its free. Free + shoes = heaven😍
    iOS iPad 
  • Options
    KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Guys I have a question regarding the weekend storylines
    They usually come in 3 parts right
    If I start part 1 but then forget to finish part 2 until after the weekend is over, do I still get part 3 afterwards or does it stop at part 2? I never not completed a weekend storyline on time so I don't know but I've been forgetting to check on them lately so I don't know what to expect
  • Options
    Christi247Christi247 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    My camera guy for my reality show isnt available at the mirmount. I have been having trouble all day like this please help
  • Options
    skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts

What is the best strategy for reality shows? I've been doing 3h at my Bel Air house, but it just seems like it's taking forever.

Is there a better way?
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Options
    skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    Also, I used up pretty much all my stars trying to chase that beautiful GB dress and this is what I ended up with:

the 5 other boxes contained the 4 GB items plus another 50 energy...
    :neutral:
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • Options
    beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 703 Posts
    edited February 2018
    skevans said:

What is the best strategy for reality shows? I've been doing 3h at my Bel Air house, but it just seems like it's taking forever.

Is there a better way?

Calabasas and (I think) the Venice house lets you bring 4 guests. 12 points for 3 hours + 8 bonus for guests = 20 points and it should only take about 24 energy. (plus any bonus from clothing you earned during the event)

I do 4 house guests (4x5= 20 energy) plus one of the 4 energy bars OR a 1 and 2 energy bar to complete 1 three hour reality show.
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • Options

My camera guy for my reality show isnt available at the mirmount. I have been having trouble all day like this please help

When he isn’t in Miramount it means you’ve started a reality show somewhere and forgotten about it. Go check all the homes you own and you should find him.
    I think we’ve all forgotten at some point and had to go looking for him. It’s our own Where’s Waldo.

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Victoria SánchezVictoria Sánchez Registered Users 2 Posts
    I don't have the actualization of the game, I can't get it.  Just have the reality task, but don't the London Fashion week game.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Christi247 there are also a few remote filmings, in clubs. I think one in Dublin, where the cameraman drinks a little, perhaps one in Lif, and I'mean sorry I do not recall the other, but, in addition to checking all your homes, just go into every club or restaurant, It couldn't hurt.

@Victoria Sánchez I answered your post in FAQ, put you can ask here as well. But I'm pretty sure you didn't get a task or weekend storyline event call because you probably have not finished from last week. Weekend storyline is no longer always done in a weekend, some roll over to the next. What do you have left from last week? Last weekend was helping out the students?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

The most recent update, there’s a Konnection storyline that the camera man could be waiting outside of your Bel Air mansion, if you have started the storyline already.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱