KK:H v8.4 Update Discussion

Comments

• dj7991dj7991 Registered Users 30 Posts
    It may be to early to tell, but so far I’m disappointed with the update  :'(
    Thought I was the only one that hype for this update was huge and the it was just😑
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    This update was kinda lame, I agree!

Don't like these huge trophies, the ones in CTM lobby are better. Even the categories don't make sense.

No new clothes, features, locations, VIPs ... What was the point then?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • MTCasonMTCason Registered Users 17 Posts
    Does the update only trigger at a certain time of day each time zone? I have NOTHING either in the App Store to update or new content in the game and it is 5:50 PM here on the east coast USA.
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    they took out the "stories" banner which is great...
    but the screen is still cluttered.

someday...
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    @MTCason what platform are you. And are you still missing it? if you need an OS update you must take that first. You can try toggling Airplane on and off.   
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MTCasonMTCason Registered Users 17 Posts

@MTCason what platform are you. And are you still missing it? if you need an OS update you must take that first. You can try toggling Airplane on and off.   

Thank you, that was it. I had an iOS update. After that the game update showed up.
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts

Any new storylines? A lot or less?

Scroll up about a dozen posts above yours -- I got two storyline calls, one from Simon for a photo shoot called the Muse Awards Feature and one from Ram Patel for a photo shoot called The Bollylove Ads.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• rachel_610rachel_610 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Ok I’m low key very angry about this trophy room. There’s about four trophies that I sound have but I don’t??? I’ve been number one player, I’ve been the number one couple, I’ve FOR SURE completed at least 3 SYS events and VIP events. What’s the point of coming so far if I’m just going to have to redo everything?
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I know everyone seems a bit mad about this update but I must admit I kind of love everything in the closet 🙈 still didn’t get my rose blonde color but I can wait hehe! I’m trying to hold on to my stars for another VIP event  but oh man do I want a lot haha!  
  • MissMarvelMissMarvel Registered Users 45 Posts
    I definitely understand why the disappointment and spending money on the game to buy "exclusive" items that later aren't anymore would probably get me very down too. For me, I try to keep expectations low so I'm not disappointed and I wasn't. 🤷
    I like the background and I love the new closet items, I'll try hard to get my K stars number up before the next vip event. Really like the Famed Fashionista Collection outfit, too bad I don't like spending stars on collections. I do like some other collections but it's hard to convince myself to buy them when I could just buy closet items when I don't have the majority of them yet. Really like the Korkov collection outfits, they're amazing... juuust wish they weren't so expensive. 120/140 stars for a dress? C'mon, Glu.
    Haven't done the storyline yet, so no thoughts on that. When Maria called me about the Korkov shop, there was an option to "(Check it out now.)", clicking on it transported me to the shop in LAX. Very helpful lmao.
    Android. Level 28.
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Charli said:
    This update was kinda lame, I agree!

Don't like these huge trophies, the ones in CTM lobby are better. Even the categories don't make sense.

No new clothes, features, locations, VIPs ... What was the point then?
    I totally agree with you @Charli
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
    edited February 2018
     Maybe someone can help me.
    My app was working fine, I just did the update and now every time I try to open up the app it crashes. I'm on iOS 

thanks 

Are you still having this problem? I’ll try and find some advice for you.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited February 2018

Kalinda noted it on the last page that some of us are having issues due to the devices we're using.

We're aware that some players on iOS (iPhone 5 & 5C and iPad 4th gen) are unable to play after updating to version 8.4. If you own one of these devices, you can continue playing on version 8.3.2 without updating.

We're really sorry you guys are affected by this glitch and the team is working hard to help you. I'll let you know as soon as I have news.

Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Thanks Kayla, I missed that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    My peoples choice awards dress metallic saffire dress with diamonds and a matching clutch 
  • AnushkaSharmaAnushkaSharma Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I am really sorry but the update was super disappointing. I expected some new clothes and hairstyles and all I got are things I already had in my wardrobe. Only 2 new things in the wardrobe that are in K stars and others are VIP. Disappointing. The story lines seem boring and I had only 2 calls, I hope there is more because I have been waiting so long for something to do in the game...can someone tell me.where Bryan Sergement is? 
  • miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts
    Literally what is the use of this trophy room? it’s so pointless GLU could've added a glam room or toddler room and be done with it this update is by far the most disappointing update.
    KKH: 1+++ Lister on iOS
    Daily KKH Player Since January 2016
    Level 55, Max Fans
    Game Center: miaKKH
    Wanna Be Friends? Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiaKathCollins
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I have a gold membership and I am seriously considering cancelling it. The spectacular items can also be earned by the Bronze membership and now that more items become available to purchase in the closet, the benefits are really slimming down form me.

Also, is anyone else experiencing a missing daily giftbox? Mine should have come by now... I will give it a day, maybe I'm off with the timing...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Oh can someone please post a pic of the new male Kollections? I want to add that to the Encyclopedia thread.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    @LindaVB The first two are the new ones from this update. 😉

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • littledollzlittledollz Registered Users 77 Posts

We're aware that some players on iOS (iPhone 5 & 5C and iPad 4th gen) are unable to play after updating to version 8.4. If you own one of these devices, you can continue playing on version 8.3.2 without updating.

We're really sorry you guys are affected by this glitch and the team is working hard to help you. I'll let you know as soon as I have news.

Thanks for the reply, and I just saw your updated (edited) answer @KalindaKing and I do play on a 5C. However, I've already updated KKH to the 8.4 version-I don't think there's a way to go back to 8.3.2- **unless someone knows how to go back to an older version, and can let me know.** :smile:

Unfortunately there isn't an iOS system update as some of the newer phones do. If you can help please let me know what to do. I don't want to loose any progress, my husband to divorce me, etc. Since the app is crashing every time I open the game.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you @KalindaKing you're always so helpful to the players
    Christine
    IOS player 
    Start date- Aug '14
    A+++

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

I'm glad you guys like the new update so far! The trophy room lets you celebrate your accomplishments in the game. For example, if you purchase the home in Paris, you can get a conversation piece. You can also earn trophies for making it to #1 on the Top Shows, Top Stars and Top Couples lists, and completing events.

Each time you earn a trophy, you'll get a phone call so you know it's there. If you tap on each trophy, you'll get a pop-up that explains how to win it.

@KalindaKing I like the concept of a trophy room but I don’t understand how we earn some of them. For example, if you look at my picture it says that I haven’t completed any of those tasks but I’ve done two of the Reality 5star Throwback shows since visiting the trophy room for the first time.

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens

Maybe someone can help me.
    My app was working fine, I just did the update and now every time I try to open up the app it crashes. I'm on iOS 

thanks 

@littledollz I am having the same problem with one of my games.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I agree that this is not a “WOW” update but I don’t understand the anger/frustration about last years Valentines items now showing up in our closets for purchase. How is that different than the TBS that we LOVE? Yes we purchased those boxes with real life money ($2.99) but most of us also purchase our Kstars with real life money. If we bought three boxes trying to chase a GB item we have spent 120 Kstars which costs just under $10.00 if you bought the 1250kstars for $99.99 0r we have spent around $11.00 if you bought 105kstars for $9.99. That is far more expensive than the Valentines items. I’m thrilled to see those items available for purchase and at reasonable Kstar price instead of the inflated pricing we usually see when TB items show up in closet.

Other overall impressions of update:
    I am disappointed that there are barely any truly new items (are there any?)
    I’m glad there’s not a new house or business
    I’m disappointed there aren’t any of the changes we’ve been begging for. For example, We are long overdue for a closet update and an easier way to navigate betweeen locations.
    I think Glu should have at least a third of new closet items cost us kash.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    @HollySisk We earn Trophy achievements starting from this update. For example, I just finished this weekday TB event. My announcement says 1 of 10 completed.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    edited February 2018
    Question:
    There is a Trophy required to complete the “MUSE People’s Choices Award” but I never got a call to do this new storyline. Is something wrong with my game? Is it because I haven’t completed the Konnections storyline from last update? 🤔
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    I believe it’s not cumulative or retroactive. We got the trophy room and moving forward we start working towards these prizes. If we got the trophy room and it was all filled up because of our past accomplishments, it givesme nothing to work for. So this is something new and exciting to achieve now that we have a trophy room. If I’m wrong then I’m sorry but this is pretty much understand it.

And the muse award task is one of the two new storlines I got with the update. It could be unfinished gigs. I’ll check my screenshots and see what it said.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I think it's great that Glu made last year's Valentine's gifts available for purchase. 
    Isn't having all those items for a year exclusive enough? 
    If you would have known, would you have waited for a whole year to buy them?
    People are spending huge amounts of kstars for the Kollektions. Nothing exclusive about those clothes. KKG doesn't have many clothing items, I am bored to look at them, and I am not in the mood to see the same items on my KKH doll..
    But that's just my opinion. 

Android
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Well, for me it’s not so much that the items are not exclusive anymore, but because I already had them there was nothing new available in my closet, so the update felt...pointless. I feel like we could’ve gotten the valentine gift boxes items (and the past VIP gifts) in our wardrobe AND some new stuff for those who already had them. This way everyone would be able to enjoy the update.
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Once you’ve got the trophies you can’t click on them to see what they’re for. Is there any chance that could be fixed?
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)