KK:H v8.4 Update Discussion

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts

@HollySisk We earn Trophy achievements starting from this update. For example, I just finished this weekday TB event. My announcement says 1 of 10 completed.

That's right! Aside from the conversation pieces you can win for owning homes, your eligibility for the event trophies starts with this new update.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • AnushkaSharmaAnushkaSharma Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Only two storylines? Wow... I wonder why. Because there are so many new things in this update... I am so disappointed. Again, nothing to do in the game.
  • KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Y’all must not remember when the vip items came out? It said you’d get them at an early 50% off and then they would later on be added to the closet for full price.. am I really the only one whom remembers that? Not everyone has the money to spend 50$ every month on something they can wait to purchase later on. Just like the valentines boxes. Just because you have it and others don’t - glu is trying to make this game playing fair! …Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. 👌🏽 

x=edit by Koko
  • AnushkaSharmaAnushkaSharma Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Pez said:
    Any new storylines? A lot or less?
    Scroll up about a dozen posts above yours -- I got two storyline calls, one from Simon for a photo shoot called the Muse Awards Feature and one from Ram Patel for a photo shoot called The Bollylove Ads.
    I sometimes can’t read all of the posts burn I just saw for myself in the game.
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    edited February 2018
    There are two different VIP items though: VIP early acess and VIP exclusive gifts. The first are the items in our closet that VIP members have early access to buy and can do so with a discount, later these are made available for everyone. The second ones are given exclusively to the players who subscribe to the vip membership of that month. I think some are confused with the second ones (who were supposed to be exclusive gifts) being available for purchase. It’s a fair complaint, and glu should take notice of what its paying costumers are thinking.
    The vip tiles not everyone gets! Those are the exclusive prizes not the vip closet items. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    please don;t correct other players for what they are feeling, or tell them to delete it if they’re unhappy. Glu reads the comments good and bad, and it helps them with future aspects of the game. I’m deleting a littered drama, moving them to hookah if applicable. Thanks for understanding.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    There are two different VIP items though: VIP early acess and VIP exclusive gifts. The first are the items in our closet that VIP members have early access to buy and can do so with a discount, later these are made available for everyone. The second ones are given exclusively to the players who subscribe to the vip membership of that month. I think some are confused with the second ones (who were supposed to be exclusive gifts) being available for purchase. It’s a fair complaint, and glu should take notice of what its paying costumers are thinking.
    Yes the quest items shouldn’t be added in for those without paying for the vip membership. But it seems others are mad bc the featured section has clothes from the vip closet section from past updates. Which they’ve done that before just mixed into the closet and not the major clothing of the featured update. I do agree on what you said.. 
    Sorry @kokokokonut
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited February 2018

can someone tell me.where Bryan Sergement is?

Try going to Mirimount Pictures in Hollywood. Usually there is only the option to enter Mirimount Studios to pick a reality show shooting location. But if I remember correctly, there will be a second option at the door to enter Bryan's office (it might be labelled Mirimount Offices?), which only appears during quests where you need to meet with him.
    klena said:

Once you’ve got the trophies you can’t click on them to see what they’re for. Is there any chance that could be fixed?

Yes please, this! (And a compliment to the art team -- I really like the sparkly mini-Louvre trophy.)
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited February 2018
    Are there any news on FB update, can we expect it before this weekday event ends? I'm close to finishing the event, but I'd like it to count towards the trophy, so I wanna wait for the update.
    I hope FB won't have the trophies for SYS events, as we don't get them on FB. Glu, please pay attention to that and exclude them trophies from FB version. It wouldn't be fair having trophies that we literally can't get ever. So, either give us SYS on Fb, or exclude them trophies from fb update.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    @HollySisk We earn Trophy achievements starting from this update. For example, I just finished this weekday TB event. My announcement says 1 of 10 completed.
    I finished before the update and mine says 0 of 10. Darn it. 🤓🙈
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Oh, I meant to say another thing sort of related to the game art. I really like that Glu is introducing new stage settings/scenery *within* quests. It's a breath of fresh air every time I notice one, especially after playing for so long and seeing the same photoshoot background in Metropolitan Magazine in Beverly Hills, or the same runway in Muse in SoHo, etc. Some examples:
    • the Paris fashion runway and backstage in v8.3
    • the red carpet and multi-view of the nominees in the audience of the Muse Awards in this update
    • the limo ride from the prom date quest from a few months back
    • the various new movie sets that have been added over the months
    I didn't get to test out Stories, but I think there were new backdrops in some of those too, and possibly some were even carried over to the core game.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

edited February 2018
    Please excuse, but i’m Doing cleanup. Nothing personal, I love you all. 💜 if your post was removed, i’ll Pm you in a minute.
    Let’s remember the rule, no talking about compromised games.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I totally agree with @soundspretty!
    Don't know call me selfish or something else but when I saw the Valentine ponytail, which I bought in that period believing it will be the only time to get it cause was a limited time, and now is possible to buy it with k stars, I felt really bad.
    Same for the vip storyline's items... people subscribe to a vip membership cause they will have items that are exclusive and so not for everyone. And this is a total different concept than the discount!
    I want to do an example: I buy a shirt at full price, but during the sale period that same shirt goes on sale so different people buy the shirt for a less price. In this situation there's no problem cause the items are for everyone, if it's sale period or if it isn't.
    The situation change when the shirt is for an 'exclusive' pubblic, if I was told that the shirt was available to buy only in that period. In this situation me as a buyer I'm free to decide if to buy the shirt now but knowing that it's an exclusive piece and only few people will have it cause isn't for everybody and for sure the shop will never propose that model again, so the price is almost explainable. (This is also how the luxury world works, the items aren't accessible to everyone, only people who can buy it in that moment).
    Hope that all of this is understandable, english isn't my first language so sorry for any mistakes!

P.s now after the past Valentine gift boxes trade I feel like I just wasted my money and now I'll think twice when I have to decide to buy something or not. Knowing that I can buy it later with only k stars... 
    And I want to clarify that I don't want to make distiction according to people that have money or not, it's a whole different concept that I'm focusing on.

Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • HarperHarper Registered Users 13 Posts
    I have just done the update, not sure about the Trophy room they have added to my Bel Air home, Everything else seems ok! Not thrilled with it though. 
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts
    My best friend is iPhone 5 and has the iOS 10 operating system and the game comes out with the update but the previous version is released on 8.3 and I hope that glu can help people who are not updated
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I know we had this issue with the shoulder in a previous update but boy it’s obvious right now :/

• ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    I wasn’t sure what thread to post this in but....

So I just purchased the Gold VIP Membership today and I done both current VIP gigs and won all the clothing 👗 (As pictured below)

But previously in the past when I purchased the Gold membership I was able to do the VIP gigs from previous months but I noticed this time round that never happened.

Feeling a little disappointed because I didn’t know about this. 

But I’m loving the VIP ITEMS in this update 😍
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I'm on iOS iPad and every time I try to open my game it crashes 😭
    Any news from Glu on when this problem will be fixed?
    So disappointed as I won't get to finish my weekday event 😭
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
    I'm sorry you are crashing @Lenochka I haven'the heard of the patch yet for the crashing IOS games, as soon as info becomes available, we'll post it here. On the other hand, it is nice to see you again. I didn'the think you made the move with us, or it'S just too early for me. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts

So I just purchased the Gold VIP Membership today and I done both current VIP gigs and won all the clothing 👗 (As pictured below)

But previously in the past when I purchased the Gold membership I was able to do the VIP gigs from previous months but I noticed this time round that never happened.

Beautiful 😍 @ladykrystal
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Hey @kokokokonut thank! 😊I will make sure to check here for further info.
    Yeah I made the move, just haven't been very active on the forum. Life has taken over. But I do pop in and make sure I'm updated when I can! 😊😉💜
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Just threw a party at the Bel Air house and noticed it had gone from 8 guests to 7 guests. The option to add a guest in the grotto has gone. Is this a permanent thing or a glitch from the update?
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @klena - I'm sorry about the confusion! It sounds like your grotto in Bel Air is working as designed. We had to make a small change for technical reasons.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    The Glu Gods give and the Glu Gods take away...
    Android
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

VIP memberships are not retroactive. That would mean your having to pay for every single month’s worth of items you missed. You can’t get *everything* for a single shot of fifty bucks.
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts

@klena - I'm sorry about the confusion! It sounds like your grotto in Bel Air is working as designed. We had to make a small change for technical reasons.

Is this due to the addition of the throphy room? If so, please take it back and give us back the option to invite the extra guest in the grotto section. The trophy room is nice but once you’ve earned a particular trophy, it is no longer clickable so unless you have a great memory, you’ll forget what they’re for anyway.

Being able to invite 8 instead of 7 guests made the party event easier as we’ve all found out last party event. Please don’t take that option away.

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • nilynnnilynn Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Hello! Does the fish in the Bel Air Trophie Room give energy?
    Yes it does. I'mean going to move this over to the Update thread, so we keep all the info and w questons in the same place. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary