KK:H Weekend Event 3/2/18 Oscar, Oscar, Who's got the Oscar?

Comments

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    ahhh the pink dress is stunning 😍 the earnables are perfect
    I love the gb hair too 💞
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I wish vats were here to see his girls dressed in the pink gown......I love the clothes this werk
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

I wish vats were here to see his girls dressed in the pink gown......I love the clothes this werk

I know, I'm really missing him! Hopefully he comes back to us soon ;__;
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    WOW! Absolutely stunning clothes, love that glu is taking inspiration from other celebs (and Academy Award Winners!). Those earrings also seem to be very versatile, I'm sure I'll wear them a lot....oooh excited for tomorrow!
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Oh I am so ready for this!!
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    I love the statue and the dresses!
    You know what would make it better?

:D

Such a GREAT SYS event! Unfortunately, I'm super low on stars, so I'll be sitting this one out. But I can't wait to see all of your wonderful outfits!
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    All the items are meh, but I want the Oscar so I might as well participate anyways :D
    hackers can burn in hell
    skevans said:
    I love the statue and the dresses! You know what would make it better?
    I'm definitely going to see if we can get 'I beat Meryl' engraved on them myself :smiley:

#ComeBackVats
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    @KalindaKing
    Thank you very much for posting the spoilers for us. It’s fun to see Oscar gowns on our dolls.

Do you know if there is an ETA for the “fix” for iOS? Thankfully Dixie is on a newer iPad mini so she’s ok but James is on an iPad and his game has crashed ever since the update. Not only am I concerned that his wife is going to kick him to the curb for being awol for days but I also hate to miss the opportunity to buy him the award.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    So who will be up and waiting for the event tomorrow? I’m torn, I love how she looks holding the gold in her gold, the other side silver. I’m sorry for our friends who can’t open the game. Fingers crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited March 2018
    Need to thank @kokokokonut , our queen, for making me realise how much this place means to me! Sorry all for the drama, I'm back lol. xD I'll never stop hoping that one day we will get the chance to get the SYS event items too, through some other event when you have that one or maybe they'll manage to introduce SYS on fb some day. The point is, I'll survive, and the forum means to me much more than not having some items. Can't wait to see your Oscar looks on here, dolls!
    Hopefully seeing all im missing will help me work on controlling my emotions better lol. xD Seeing positive in everything! :wink:
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
    I’m glad you’re back @Zzzelena
    We all understand your frustration over FB/SYS and wish we could fix it for you.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Dixie decided to head to Napa with @klena and @MNieuw

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    Thanks a lot @HollySisk! You girls look HOT!! :wink:
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    edited March 2018
    We have to buy our award? FINALLY the truth of hollywood revealed! :D
    No truer words spoken. At least in some cases. Just like nominating yourself to Queen Elizabeth for a knighthood, do the “famous” have to pay for a cement square on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Boo-hoo-hoo. I couldn’t care less about owning this trophy, though cute idea. And I really, really have grown to dislike SYS events. Also, wouldn’t this one belong in the trophy case in Cannes?? Wow, we’ve just got rando awards all over the place, don’t we.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Im up and submitted my first look, but I’m still getting stuck in the voting screen :(. I had to close out of the app and reopen
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I love this event, the items are soooo stunning!! Here is my first entry:

And I could not resist and just had to open a few boxes without waiting for my free box to come:

SCORE!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I wasn't gonna participate for this event because most of the required items do cost kstars in order to participate but what made me change my mind was that the golden trophy did struck me and caught my attention. I just love how it looks so good matching my doll's ombre hair. And, also pink has always been my fave color so I just gotta have that gown. It's most definitely a must-have for me. #redcarpetvibes

P.S. if you guys see my doll please vote for her and thanks. #beonthelookout
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited March 2018

Intergrating longer hairstyles all weekend in Vatsy's honor. Please come back to us soon buddy ♥

@LindaVB how'd you get the statue in your snap? Everything I hold disappears in mine 

#ComeBackVats
    edited March 2018
    @Andrzej_S. Yes it automatically goed to the first pose, but you can change you pose to the one holding an item. It should be the third or the last pose in the list.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I'm wondering how long will it take for me to complete this event because I actually won my first round. Does anyone know the required points to finish this event? If so, please let me know and thanks. I dunno why glu put the freebie gift box 50 points and the event isn't even extended for an extra day :confused: I think that this event will be doable and manageable for me to complete though even when I don't have the event gigs to do this weekend.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited March 2018
    @Carol Davida No worries, it usually is 50-105-155-210 (but I could be off by 5 points somewhere)!
    Also, owning an item from the giftboxes or earnables gives you extra points (for submitting and winning/losing).
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    edited March 2018
    isabeau said:

We have to buy our award? FINALLY the truth of hollywood revealed! :D

No truer words spoken. At least in some cases. Just like nominating yourself to Queen Elizabeth for a knighthood, do the “famous” have to pay for a cement square on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Boo-hoo-hoo. I couldn’t care less about owning this trophy, though cute idea. And I really, really have grown to dislike SYS events. Also, wouldn’t this one belong in the trophy case in Cannes?? Wow, we’ve just got rando awards all over the place, don’t we.
    Actually celebrities do have to pay for their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As of 2017, its $40,000.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Dixie joined some of her friends on the red carpet. She thought everyone would bring their little golden man but... oh well.
    @klena @Angeline & Jon @LindaVB

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Since the miniupdate I keep voting for the same people over and over again. As if only 12 dolls participated....
    Android
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I've won my first two rounds with this wine red and gold look:

I won the necklace in my free GB. Honestly, as happy as I am to have picked an item, I'm even more grateful for the extra event points it will earn me, hah.

Good luck dolls!! I'm seeing soooo many lovely looks in the voting booth! I'm actually voting a lot more often than I usually do just to enjoy all the gowns and thoughtful accessorizing I'm seeing.

Unrelated and possibly very stupid question: How come I don't have the Napa Valley background available in my photobooth? Is there something I can do to unlock it, or was it only available for a limited time, like some of the old holiday backgrounds? Because I was around for the update that added Big Sur and Napa... hmm.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Styling for this is somewhat limiting since it feels weird to pair the award with a casual outfit.
    Platform: Android

edited March 2018
    Napa was added around Valentines Day one year, and Big Sur sometime the next year or so I think. We unlocked the Napa Bg after decorating the place for the Valentines Event. We're you playing when that took place? If not, that is probably why because it was attached to the event. Of course, I could be wtong.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited March 2018
    @pez. She looks gorgeous!

It’s fun to vote and see all the looks. I went ahead and changed Dixie so she’s ready for next round. I’m trying to put her in gowns I haven’t seen in the voting so this her next look.

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @Rumpelstilzchen Sorry you're experiencing that now! I think you'll be able to enjoy the voting process more once more Android players get 8.4.1.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.