Change friend from date to network?

cerezascerezas Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
I recently added a real-life friend to the KKH game. I was doing a gig with Kendall then, so we just sent gifts. Later, I tried inviting him to an appearance and the game shows we are dating! We never went on a single date and I am already married! I tried breaking up with him but that only eliminated him from the options of people I can invite to tasks. How can I make him a contact/friend rather than a date?!
iOS player.

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited April 2018
    Oh no. The gift you sent was a heart item, it can not be changed back. If you want to play with your friend in your game you have to continue to date them. That happened with me and my Androids so now they live together as twins but the game thinks they’re married. If it’s a really good friend, you might consider that. Customer care explained they can not change relationshipsor anything about them. So, You’re soulmates, or you’ll have to break up, and when that connection is broken, you can pay stars to get them back.....but then you have to continue to date.
    And breaking up with them will NOT let you start over as a work professional, if you break up and make u0...it’s still romantic.

Odds are 90 to 1 against this happening but......Possible help someday: if a glitch ever resets some contacts to zero and he’s one......drop what you are doing, and get him into a gig with you. Immediately establish them as a professional contact. That happened to me, sent a gift to a real friend, color was a heart item. Then I saw a few contacts reset.....I ran down to her name, and the broken heart was replaced with a blank space. (lol) I did a reality show, and 19 points later, she and I were professional contacts.

Working with new contact...Get the Professional status Star next to their name before you send any gifts. We don’t know if it’s a star item or heart item when we send a gift. Alway work with a friend before sending gifts. I know Exactly what you’re going through right now, i’m Sorry it happened. Being married to your friend in your game means that every time you take a plane flight they’ll be there every house you’re in there there so if you’re really good friend it’s not bad. Trust me.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cerezascerezas Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Hey kokokokonut, thanks for the reply! I wouldn't mind dating him, but I am already married and have invested quite a lot in that relationship haha! Actually, it worries me that the game might detect I'm dating someone else and consider I'm cheating on my husband?
    Would it help if I delete my friend from faebook and re-add him later?
    iOS player.
    Honestly, that Could go either way. How many points do you have with your friend now? How deeply is your friend into the game? if they’re a new player maybe they make a different Facebook ID and Start over ? But dating your friend will very quickly call for some kind of a commitment From themin a break up from the present husband.

I’m monogamous so maybe we could get some advice from any doll who has experience about dating multiple people at one time. Dolls?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited April 2018
    From what I understand your spouse won't recognize "cheating" unless you progress in the relationship with another person i.e. increasing your heart level with them. It may even be when you reach the first dating level where they ask you to be in a committed relationship. That's at like 100 or 200 points I think? So as long as you don't date them to increase that meter, you should be fine.

As far as deleting them on FB and re-adding them, it's worth a shot in my opinion! I've not tried it to know if when you do if the relationship will reset, but best case it does and that fixes your problem. Worst case is it stays the same and you're in the same boat as you are now, so why not? Just make sure they are gone from your game - sometimes they'll linger even after you delete them from FB. Keep checking your friends list until they officially disappear and then add them on FB again. Good luck!
    Thanks! I've deleted my friend from facebook but his character remained in my friend list as a date :( guess it didn't work! It sucks since I'm monogamous as well, so I can't date him or work with him! And I was the one who convinced him to join the game so we could play together lol
    iOS player.
    Ok, give it a little time, maybe in the morning he will have dropped off. Oh, ask him to take you off his facebook TEMPORARILY? I don't know If this will work. I wish I had better news.

We need someone who dates multiple people in the game, please help us out with some info?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Nope, he remained. Guess deleting him from Facebook didn't work. Sigh, my current relationship is quite advanced so I don't feel like divorcing and starting over. Such a shame I can't play with my friend!
    Thanks for all your help, though!
    iOS player.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    It can take awhile for someone to disappear from your friend's list even after you delete them from FB. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes it takes a few days, and sometimes it takes weeks. Just be patient and they should drop off eventually. Unfortunately the game doesn't have the best setup when it comes to removing friends.
    I deleted a new version of a veteran player, after accidentally dating him and ihe disappeared the next day. But others have much longer to be added and to remove in my case I blocked the contact, not sure if there was a separate way to remove him now, so if you didn’t actually put that player in your Facebook Blocked list do that too and see if it speeds things up.
    And ditto what SoundsPretty said! :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    So deleting then from Facebook actually removed them from the game?!
    iOS player.
    Tech, he was a ghost. Game restarted he hadn’t claimed it. That was my experience. But others have had more occasion to try. You can try it, but don’t be disappointed. others have been hanging around my game forever. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you! He broke up with me because we never hung out so it’s basically a useless contact now :( 
    iOS player.
    You can still try the deleting and bl9cking in Fb see if he drops off, i’m Sorry this happened. .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xxx_1254xxx_1254 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Hello
    I added a friend of mine onto this game from facebook and then sent her some clothes. The game now showed us dating when I'm dating someone else so I broke up with her. I have managed to change her from a romantic relationship into a professional one. I did this by going to the oak and seeing a professional friend of mine. He asked me if i knew anyone up for a gig and I referred my friend who I have a romantic relationship with. When I selected her it tells me in order to do this you need to repair your relationship. So I paid stars and straight after I had a professional relationship with my friend. Hope this helps.
    I am an Android user.
  • kkhlukekkhluke Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    @xxx_1254 that’s what I do, too. I wish it worked for in game contacts as well, though. There are some interesting people on the male romantic konnections that I would like to switch & network with. Since there are like no male A-listers in my professional konnections list. 
    edited November 2018
    ok, I have a friend who’s romantic instead of professional due to clothes, i’ll Give it a shot.  @xxx_1254
    welcome to the forum.

No no one in Oak asking about a referral. Just one saying we should hook up, and one who wants to become a friend.  In fact, I have never been asked to refer someone, so it depends on a chance meeting.  If I ever get the opportunity to refer someone, I’ll give it a shot.  
    But since we can easily switch a professional to a romantic contact, without cost or chance, I think that’s what we are looking for in reverse.  

Yours is is a Good solution if you get the opportunity to refer, which I never had.  
    But something that has happened frequently in my games. Contacts I  haven’t used in a while frequently reset to zero.  That’s when I fix mistakes in relationship.
    So we have 2 ways, when the planets align.  ;). But sending gifts before working with someone makes this very problem for do many players.  I’m glad it worked out for you. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary