KK:HWeekend Event 4/20/18 - What Will the Weekend Be?

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Yay! Bubble tea will be the first thing I grab tomorrow morning. 😄
    Yes, there are different flavors. The popular ones are Oolong milk bubble tea or green bubble tea. You can also get coconut milk bubble tea! I used to get it in Flushing, NY when I lived in NYC.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    "High" expectations lol  😂 @egg
    Android
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Count me in for bubble tea. Had one yesterday & it was a honey & aloe vera. Yum 😋
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

Decisions, decisions. I think I have one last piece to decorate to use the ski lodge so that's either 40 or 50 k-stars, enough for the dress. Hmm. I always can't wait for VIP but then act completely lost when it comes around lol. Like I know there was something I had my eye on but it's been awhile and now I can't remember what that was.

if i didn't know any better, I'd think I wrote this post. I always think I have a plan going in and then when it comes time, I stall to spend any Kstars thinking well, what about? and If Maria calls me (which we all know she won't during a VIP event). Right now the plan is to buy a hairstyle and the ice cream cone, but tomorrow it'll be "but what about those spiky boots you like? and the Yeezys Maria called you about and you forgot to buy them? Remember months ago when you said you'd buy one of those bridesmaid dresses?" and then stall wondering what I should do and buy something from the Kollection before realizing that wasn't part of the plan at all!

Anyway! I really like how the dress is pretty cheap and love the gb dress (crosses fingers, toes, eyes). Will have to wait and see how the earnable hair looks on my doll to decide how far to go, I like it and the gb hair on the sample doll, but that could change seeing it on mine. I really shouldn't say anything cause now it means I'll get them, but I am so not a fan of those earrings in size and look. They are too huge imo and they look like they are backwards.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Okay, so cherry blossoms are my weakness. D: Will have to wait and see the cherry blossom effect in motion before I decide. Also, why have guys only been getting two earnables for the last several events?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    Can't wait for event to start! xD
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    Dolls please post your palettes, I wanna see how often the dress appears :wink:
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    This gb dress! I don't like the dress itself that much for chasing but it's animated!!! Thinking of chasing.. 

Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    Only 3 GB items in my palette. Only interesting thing was the eyeshadow & the eyeshadows I bought in the KKWxMario kit was more than sufficient. So I told myself not gonna open more than the free box as not a fan of the hair or those overly big earrings. But as you can see, I just couldn’t resist.

First box was energy (which I’ll use towards bonus kstar), second was the hair (but got 10 kstars back from completing the “to dye for” achievement) & third box was the eyeshadow. So basically paid 70 kstars for the eyeshadow which is not bad compared to how much they cost in wardrobe to purchase. Overall very happy with results😊

Here’s my palette if anyone’s interested.

iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Morning dollies. @KaylaJ & @soundspretty I echo your sentiments exactly. VIP rolls around, and everything I had my eye on just blurs till I don’t ;t remember WHAT I wanted. Lol. Lately, I have been starting out in Featured. Usually looking in that smaller section, I see something I wanted. I buy that then pick my Free GB, and any others I want to start with. Once the rush for the free box is over, I start shopping for real.without the pressure,

@egg I’m hoping the eyes will look like sleepy eyes, or come hither iykwim. Otherwise, if they do look self medicated, we’ll say she has the flu. Lol. Ssssh.
    @genthea can;t wait for you to comeback now that the event started, and show us how you look in the swirling cherry blossomed dress. I love the dress, the animation totally surprised me, and all 3 games are going to have to have it. 😎
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited April 2018

Yes, there are different flavors. The popular ones are Oolong milk bubble tea or green bubble tea. You can also get coconut milk bubble tea! I used to get it in Flushing, NY when I lived in NYC.

2 things....omg Kokonut milk bubble tea? Now I need to try some. But....You lived in Flushing? Tell me more? I started out half a block from the Queens border, and have made my way East slowly. Next stop. Hampton’s. Lol.
    klena said:

Count me in for bubble tea. Had one yesterday & it was a honey & aloe vera. Yum 😋

Has Bubble tea suddenly “Hit’ the US? I never heard about it, then suddenly they’re all over the place and I can;t find one? Will 7-11 have them? Supermarkets don’t.

"High" expectations lol  😂 @egg

(nice catch Rumpel 😇)
    https://youtu.be/DtVBCG6ThDk
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Got the dress in my free box! Then the eyes! Thought I would get lucky with the hair on my 3rd pick but got energy instead. I think I might chase the hair, it seems fun. I bought my bubble tea muahahaha. The animation on the dress caught me by surprise, so pretty!

PM to add
    klena said:

Only 3 GB items in my palette. Only interesting thing was the eyeshadow & the eyeshadows I bought in the KKWxMario kit was more than sufficient. So I told myself not gonna open more than the free box as not a fan of the hair or those overly big earrings. But as you can see, I just couldn’t resist.

First box was energy (which I’ll use towards bonus kstar), second was the hair (but got 10 kstars back from completing the “to dye for” achievement) & third box was the eyeshadow. So basically paid 70 kstars for the eyeshadow which is not bad compared to how much they cost in wardrobe to purchase. Overall very happy with results😊

Here’s my palette if anyone’s interested.

Tell me how you like the eyes, and how about the hair? I need styling suggestions for the hair. Any modeling pics?

And @Johana I didn;t take pics, but the dress was in the palette for each game, and so far I won it once. I’ll take pics of my next palettes.

I love all the clothes in the game but I know me, I just spend, then I find myself with 3/4 of the weekend left, with more to buy. Have you ever bought a ‘few things’ that surprised yourself that you were done before you realized? Do you keep shopping or stop when you hit the hair?

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Yikes.. all items and this was my choice.  :o
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

Has Bubble tea suddenly “Hit’ the US? I never heard about it, then suddenly they’re all over the place and I can;t find one? Will 7-11 have them? Supermarkets don’t.

Please tell me you've tried bubble tea once!
    PM to add

Yikes.. all items and this was my choice.  :o

Oh no. That is painful. Nice prize, but it you’re looking for GB items, it’s a let down. Are you going to try again?

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    can you stop giving us energy as a gb gift? i spent 50 k stars to get that????????
    IOS :)
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    also i spent 40 k stars on a gift box and i got a bra that's given in daily giftboxes!!!!! goodbye dolls, i'm done with this.
    IOS :)

Please tell me you've tried bubble tea once!

But I really really have to. Tomorrow I will search with SugarB (PuterHead when he’s not working) and find it. I’M EXCITED.. Bubble Tea here I come.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    Here’s an early morning start  this is what they look like :) 
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

• ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited April 2018
    I was extremely lucky with my palette! Just look at it :hushed:

I tried again for the hair, and got the stars: woohoo! (Tho, notice that I only had two event items per palette :anguished: )

Then I tried again and got the hair!! But got too excited and forgot to screenshot xD I'm super happy with the event so far! I bought the new business, Chevier in Toronto, only have Hair Salon left to buy. Might end up buying it until the end of event.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.

2 things....omg Kokonut milk bubble tea? Now I need to try some. But....You lived in Flushing? Tell me more? I started out half a block from the Queens border, and have made my way East slowly. Next stop. Hampton’s. Lol.
    klena said:

Koko, I’m in Australia & bubble tea has been around here for at least 15 years here. Started in China town part of the city but nowadays you’ll find them in major shopping centers.

Here’s a comparison of the new eyeshadow vs the ones from KKWxMario kit. I’m very glad I opened the other boxes & managed to pick that & the GB hair. At first glance, the hair was just too much but I thought think I had gotten used to it.😊

iOS iPad 
    Thank you so much for this. I love the new eyes, and all the eye shadows have been great lately. Thank you glu.....pardon me while I chase the eyes.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Here is my palette:

Was kinda hoping for the eyes, but I noticed they make my doll look as if she is looking sideways, so I am happy with what I got!
    Bought the bubble tea (I truly never heard of it, can anyone please explain..??), a few pets, new eyes from the update and the final box for the Luxe Life Kollection. Very happy with all my new items!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Bought a kollection to get to the free box and the outfit, then opened more boxes and 

I got so lucky!! After the good luck on the first palette I almost didn't want to open another box to try for the hair because I thought I'd end up having to chase it endlessly but I got it right away. Yay!!
    Direct quote from wiki >>
    is a Taiwanese tea-based drink invented in Tainan and Taichung in the 1980s. Most bubble tea recipes contain a tea base mixed with fruit or milk, to which chewy tapioca balls (known as bubbles, pearls, or boba) and fruit jelly (especially tropical fruits like lychee) are often added. Ice-blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency. There are many varieties of the drink with a wide range of ingredients with some ingredients being mango, taro, coconut, and peach. The two most popular varieties are bubble milk tea with tapioca and bubble milk green tea with tapioca.

@kokokokonut @LindaVB and everyone else interested in trying but unsure, I would suggest the 100% crushed-fruit smoothies types to start with.
    iOS iPad 
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Thank you @klena for the explanation! Is this something Kim and the other Kardashians/Jenners drink a lot?
    I just thought the handheld drink was super cute so bought it for that reason lol!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LunaSinclairLunaSinclair Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Has anyone gotten the SMC yet? I was all geared up to buy it but I'm not too sure how I feel about it, lol.
    Lol @LindaVB Personally I love drinking it cause its refreshing & great for warm weather. Maybe that’s why its there as weathers heating up in your part of the world. Also, you can adjust the ice & sugar content in most bubble tea cafe.
    iOS iPad 
    Thank you so much for the info about Bubble Tea it'S official, i'my trying some this weekend. I love tapioca, and now I have to see it in action, Bubble Tea.....here comes Koko!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary