Need help my game is stuck on downloading resources since new update released

BellaxxBellaxx Registered Users 66 Posts
So this same problem occurred with last month's update also but managed to fix itself randomly. I'm worrying now because the weekend event starts tomorrow & I still can't get my game to open/load after this newest update. I made sure I have over 2GB of free space, & I've come to the conclusion that I think it's my WiFi causing this problem. It isn't fast/strong enough. My game stays stuck on the black screen saying "Starting" but nothing has happened in 3 days yet :(

Does anybody have any advice on how to speed up my WiFi or anything? Any suggestions/advice regarding this is greatly appreciated because I don't want to miss out on the Weekend Event, & I'm having serious FOMO of the whole royal wedding update I haven't even gotten to see yet :'(

Thank you!

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    First off I’m sorry I kissed this till now. Ar3 you still experiencing it? Or did you finish taking the update?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BellaxxBellaxx Registered Users 66 Posts
    No problem @kokokokonut for some reason it wouldn't let me tag you in my previous post, thank you for getting back to me!

After days of no progress the game finally started downloading resources on it's own again out of nowhere, & it just started working the morning after my post so I was able to play the Weekend Event thankfully.

Now here I am back to square 1 all over again because my phone just took ANOTHER automatic update for the game that says was released May 2nd. So it's stuck again on the black screen where I'm unable to open/play he game until it completes the resource download. I'm sooo upset right now that this happened less than 4 hours away from this morning's start of this weekend's event :'( 

Like I mentioned I've narrowed it down to being pretty sure it's my slow WiFi. If you have any advice or tips I can try please feel free to tell me! Thank you so much again, will come back to keep you posted.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited May 2018
    This sounds dumb, can you get close to your WiFi connection? There’s a spot in my house 3 floors from the router where we would have trouble a while back, the phone wouldn’t even work. When I went down one flight....phone and WiFi was very strong. ...remember I said it was dumb. Also, clear any old files, apps etc from the device, less is better when you’re talking about system bloat (not a real phrase but it popped u0 in my head and fits). Try when less devices are all fighting for the signal.

Fingers crossed for you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BellaxxBellaxx Registered Users 66 Posts
    No not dumb at all every little thing helps at this point thank you so much @kokokokonut ! I was reading up a bit on how to make bandwidth stronger & decided to try downloading one of those "network signal booster apps" from the play store & it "claimed" to have boosted my WiFi download speed by 20% & viola, the new update started taking! Idk if it was a random fix on it's own again or that boosting app but I'm now back in the game for the Weekend Event :)

Thank you again for all your help & advice! This whole dilemma only started for me after the April Update (the 1 that took a very long time for many player's to download). So I'm thinking Glu must have changed something around in the way we have to download the game now being it's so large, 256 MB ! So yes it's also important to clear out phone junk & keep enough free space if anyone else experiences a similar problem! Thanks again @kokokokonut, let's see what happens when the June Update rolls out lol <3