Welcome to the Darkside (FunSide!)

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,106 Posts
    Bumping this up, for any of our newer members or older ones who just haven't realized they're addicted tet. My faves
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Haha, this is such a funny thread! Well, I've been playing for years, that's for sure showing my addiction. And I'm guilty of #2 and #7. But I realized I'm addicted when I've started a huge document years ago on my PC in which I have written down and organized every little thing about the game. Every location has its sheet, all the buildings its page and on each of them I have written down the actions on events/dates (how much energy the action takes, how many stars/hearts you get/which actions trigger the achievements) so I can play each event in the most effective way. I also have a schedule table with all my businesses down, where I mark the last time I did the gig there, so when it's time for the next gig I go straight to it, I don't lose any time.
    I have also calculated how much money and Kstars I need for everything in the game, and every time there are new stuff, or I buy something from the list, I update it. I have my priorities in buying sorted all by colour of importance.
    When I look at all this, I really worry for myself lol. It's really just that I'm pretty organized and systematic in general and all these things actually save my real life time, by helping me to simply play more effectively and spend less time/less energy/less money, and have the most profitable results.
    I never used any hacks or cheats or any real money, though. I would never spend real money on the game. And I only have one doll.
    I think we can add to the list setting alarms/timers to go play the game every few hours, so no energy goes to waste :lol: That's also something I'm guilty of. I don't actually spend much time on the game daily, but I think I'm definitely addicted xD
    Edit: I'm also guilty of #9. I've been lurking on the forum for ages, before I made the account lol.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
    edited November 2017
    Haha, this is such a funny thread! I've been playing for years, so surely it shows my addiction, and I'm guilty of #2 and #7. But I realized I am addicted when I've started a big document on my PC in which I have written down and organized every little thing about the game! Every location has its sheet and every building its page, on each of them I wrote down all the actions that show on events/dates in that building (how much energy the action takes/how many stars/hearts it gives/which actions trigger the achievements). So then I do each event in the most effective way.
    I also have the schedule table for all my businesses where I mark the last time I did the gig for it. So, when it's time for the new gig, I go straight on it, without losing any time.
    I have as well calculated how much money and Kstars I need to buy everything in the game, all by categories, and I update the list every time I buy something or they add new things. I have all my to-buy-priorities sorted out by colour of importance. 
    When I look at all this, I'm really worried for myself lol. It's just that I'm organized and systematic in general, so all this actually saves me my real life time, by helping me play more effectively, spend less time/less money/less energy with achieving most profitable results.
    I think we should add to the list setting alarms/timers to go play the game every few hours, so no energy goes to waste. That's another thing I'm guilty of xD 
    On the other side I never used any hacks or real money for the game. And I only have one doll. 
    I don't actually spend much time on the game daily, but I think I'm definitely addicted.
    p.s. I'm also guilty of #9. I had been lurking on the forum for ages before I have made the account xD
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    I already knew I was a member of the dark side a while ago, but I fell deeper into the hole!!! I'm now playing KKH on two devices, iOS and Android. I originally started out on Android til I got my iPhone. I just realized I can play two games at once ,??? I'm having fun reliving old storylines!!

✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • MagriatrixMagriatrix Registered Users 123 Posts
    I'm guilty of 2, 5, 7, 9, and 11. My little cousin was watching me play the game once. He kept coming back to watch me, and everytime he would say,"Oh, you're playing THAT thing again." 
    These words are like knives and often leave scars. -Brendon Urie
    It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness. -Phil Lester
    Fast food, greasy taco, I love. Food like this could've only come from above. -Tyler Robert Joseph

:oAll of you are beautiful in your own way. Don't ever change yourself.:o
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    I'm guilty of 2, 5, 7, 9, and 11. My little cousin was watching me play the game once. He kept coming back to watch me, and everytime he would say,"Oh, you're playing THAT thing again." 
    Hahaha Same for me @Magriatrix
    Everybody at home knows that when it comes to KKH you better not mess with me ???
    Bumping this for old and new members alike. Darkside doesn’t have anything to do with personal tweaking. The point is, to play the game the way Glu intended, while not the way civilians would understand. Read over the list, add your own! But, no suggestions or discussions that deviate from the working model. ;)
    If you;ve come over to the Darkside on purpose or by accident.....muhahaha. Proclaim it proudly! We’re All Darkside overchere.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I had to dig back for this thread. So I downloaded another game a couple weeks ago. It's fun, I like it. But whenever I get notifications for it that my energy is full my dumb brain auto pilots and opens the KKH app every.single.time. to the point where I thought my phone was glitching and opening KKH by mistake until I caught myself doing it.
    Oh yeah, that Darkside alright. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited June 2018
    I'm bumping this, because I believe we have a few more Darksider who want to step up and admit. This is a very proud Sister/brotherhood.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Hi my names candy and i have been addicted to playing kkh for about 3 - 4 years
    Fellow aa people: hi candy.
    I thought I'd do something 😆😆
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,649 Posts
    edited June 2018
    OMG. Yes, how could we forget. Thank you Nai. lol. I even do it at home. Is that bad? I'm sitting fully dressed, tapping away while PuterHead makes Baba's lunch on the weekend?

Ten Plus Signs that you've happily crossed to the Dark Side in KK:H

1. You start playing on more than one device
    2. You dream about the game.
    3. When asked what you'd like for a present.....you ask for gift cards for Google Play / iTunes
    4. You point at the tv and say "my doll has that dress" when watching TMZ or access Hollywood.
    5. You look at real people in the world around you and say "she looks like a character in my game."
    6. If Customer Care was a telephone number - you'd have them on speed dial
    7. If you mentally calculate how many event points you receive after every gig & how long it will take you to complete an event.
    8. If you wake up during weekends and look at the game and say "but I thought I won that last night!"
    9. When you make the move from long time lurking to active poster.
    10. The ability to justify spending more than $5 or $10 on the k-stars.
    11. You hide in toilets to play KKH
    Haha I just started playing on a second device, but wow, how are you keeping up with it?! I'm also very guilty of number #2, #4, #5 (even if I designed my doll to look like real life me), #6, #7  (all the time honestly) and #8.

I also set alarms in the middle of the night if I'm too tired, but desperatly need to get 5 stars on a gig, is this just me? 
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    Ahhh, I prescribe to the silent alarm. And it's healthy too. If I had alarms going off it would wake my fam, so......I do extra hydration before bed that night. Then nature wakes me, and only me, I get up and start the event on time. heh heh heh.
    But yes, you def qualify for Darkside. I love how we see ourselves as we read the list, and go uh huh. that's me. Yup that one too. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I had a nightmare last night that I lost my game. Every time I loaded it, it'd open the customization screen, what you do at the very beginning where you choose the name and sex of your doll and how it will look. It was so upsetting. I didn't know what to do. I was having cold sweats, crying and panicking in my dream. It was proper nightmare. I don't know do I find it funny or sad now, thinking about the fact I had that dream. It's not normal, is it? I'm too obsessed 😂 Like, it's dark side for sure, but is it too dark that it's just not funny anymore xD 
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
    (Ok, if that ever happens, when you are trying to pull up your game, shut down immediately. That should establish a save file, so when you open up again, if it says you have 2 saves.... you carefully select your old game. ,If you start to customize, it'seems kind of like 'accepting' the new game. Not technically, but just for explanation. When you shut down immediately and open again good chance you'lll get the choice of two. I'mean only saying this so if anyone finds themselves in that nightmarish situation, it'seems best to shut down, and then look for help, or just try again. What you don'twant to do if yiu're trying to pull up your existing game.....do not start the customizaton. That just adds an extra layer of -"Uh Oh". )

Howevr, on face value.....so you um... Dreamed about the game?

Congratulations Doll. No need to worry, unless you find you want to marry An NPC from the game. Then we have to talk.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It actually happened to me once in real life during these 4 years of playing. I just shut it down immediately, tried to erase that image from my mind, forget I ever saw what I saw, reloaded it and hoped for the best, and it just loaded the old game and I was relieved! On fb you don't pick any version, it loads it for you. In my dream I tried reloading it over and over and it kept giving me customization screen. It was a horror!
    You make me laugh Koko! Luckily, I've found my man in real life :smile:<3
    P.S. I dream good dreams about the game often :smile:
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I've definitely had that dream before! I was even trying to rationalize it in the dream, trying to calm myself down like hey at least you'll be able to redo storylines and not waste k-stars like you did in the beginning but it would still MAJORLY suck and I'm glad it's not happened. As much as I love the game, I think I would just quit.

One time I lost my phone at a baseball game and honestly I didn't even care about my phone because I could replace that and all my photos and stuff are on the cloud but I would lose KKH. I only wanted my phone back for that lol.
  • Queen2993Queen2993 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Got it Vats. I um, ahem...er, put it very 'loosely' but we all know what you meant.

Ten Plus Signs that you've happily crossed to the Dark Side in KK:H

1. You start playing on more than one device
    2. You dream about the game.
    3. When asked what you'd like for a present.....you ask for gift cards for Google Play / iTunes
    4. You point at the tv and say "my doll has that dress" when watching TMZ or access Hollywood.
    5. You look at real people in the world around you and say "she looks like a character in my game."
    6. If Customer Care was a telephone number - you'd have them on speed dial
    7. If you mentally calculate how many event points you receive after every gig & how long it will take you to complete an event.
    8. If you wake up during weekends and look at the game and say "but I thought I won that last night!"
    9. When you make the move from long time lurking to active poster.
    10. The ability to justify spending more than $5 or $10 on the k-stars.
    11. You hide in toilets to play KKH
    12. You dream about Glu in your boudroir ((and we don't mean the game this time)
    I’m Not New To KKH But, iHave Recently Become Fond Of Playing Like iAm Supposed To & Not Just When I’m Bored. I’ve Spent At Least $100 On Buying K-Stars😭😭. iJust Recently Learned That iCan Invite Ppl In Multiple Rooms At A Party lol. iNeed More Friends To Play With Though. It’s Boring Being An A Lister w’ No Forum Friends. 
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the DarkSide @Queen2993 And welcome to the forum tho you've been quietly here for a while. 1st thing you do, either make a post looking for friends (include your platform in the title) and then in your post put your add info (FB) or ask people to dm you to become FB friends.
    Or, (in addition if you really want to find friends) add your info into your signature. But......then you have to post more. You're here, that's good. How about the event thread? Post there too. If you'd like to message me your add info...if you're Android or iOS, we can be game & forum friends.
    So glad you spoke up Queenie. ANd, if you'd like to post a pic of your doll, I can frame it for your Kimiversary Souvenir. :) Otherwise.....I've been known to grab a profile pic and make it from that. :)
    Again, Welcome. Muhahahahaha

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    So I dreamed that the paw points were changed into something else, and that the 444 paw points I worked hard with Charli was set back to 300-something new points. I was fuming in my sleep.

Then in one of the world cup matches I was watching 2-3 days ago, when the camera panned to film a (must-be) ex soccer player in the VIP box, I could've swore I saw Kendall and Khloe in the shot a few rows back. Might just be my imagination lol.
    PM to add
  • KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    I woke up last night panicking that I'd lose all my reality show viewers if I did a comeback.
    The toilet thing is so true :D I was also playing in my bag while I was at a gig last week because 8pm on Friday is when I collect the weekly takings from So Chic Downtown and The Hamptons.
    Also...
    • Icons from the game burnt onto my screen.
    • Thinking I have the perfect outfit for a real-life event and then realizing it's Kathrine's, not mine.
    • Getting really excited when I finally activate a Pivot during a catwalk show - and then getting really annoyed when I can't remember how I did it.
    • Setting my alarm for the usual workday time on holidays and weekends so that my Daily Box doesn't appear any later.
    • Trying not to mention dating events in case my IRL husband get jealous (he won't - he's more likely to complain about spending $650 on wine!).
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
    Yes KatherineK, you are there. Or here as it were. I think I should make us Darkside tags. welcome Doll, sorry about the burn in.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    Guilty on so many counts. Anyone else set 4 hours alarms for SYS events and a checklist of businesses you own to keep track of them K-stars. 
    IOS Player 
    Yes on the alarms......excuse me. I have a checklist to make. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts

Thinking I have the perfect outfit for a real-life event and then realizing it's Kathrine's, not mine.

This sounds like something I would do!

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    edited December 2019
    Muhahahaha.  Did someone say Darkside? Or no self control?

So someone had a little Dream about the game, did we?  ahahaha.  We have a list compiling on the first page.  I think you fit with your dream........
    Now that you're here in the Darkside @      ,  can we interest you in a 2nd game account?  Perhaps a little Bathroom Tapping?  With the darksaide, you never have just one symptom.   And..........who’s next?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Clair_FlairClair_Flair Registered Users, Member 181 Posts
    OMG!! Well, count me in. 
    Gilty of calculating (for real doing math) how many event points I need and how much free k-stars can I earn in the month (gosh darnt it, I want 20 videos!!).
    And guilty of 9 (well, duh) and maaaaaaybe 10...I'm still arguing with my self of what is acceptable and what not LOL
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    I’m guilty of so many things 😂 Also when I book a vacation I check if I’ll have internet connection or WiFi just to play... I can live some days without social networks but not without kkh (obviously I don’t spend my vacation on the phone but sometimes you must check the game 😅)
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    My boyfriend wants to breakup with me cause I play it too much, did I crossed the darkside enough? Just kidding.
    But yesterday he told me "didnt I tell you to no play around me?" So I told him that I didnt remember that and he pointed "but you will." 

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language 

• zeekayyzeekayy Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Do I count as one of the Darksiders cuz I spend more time playing and thinking about this game when I have my exams going on and should be studying? I think yes. God help me and my grades.