Options

Safe Storage Posts - it's own thread

SystemSystem Registered Users 158 Posts
This discussion was created from comments split from: v9.1 Kimiversary Update Anticipation~ 4 Years in the Making!.

Comments

• Options
    DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    As the Glu Goddess said they'll take into account our propositions, I hope they bring safe storage!!!!!
  • Options
    Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I don't exactly know what "Safe storage" means could someone explain please
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

@Candyfloss_kkh currently all of our games are stored on our individual devices (iPads, iPhones, androids) and There is no guaranteed way to save all of our individual progress. Although some players have managed to successfully store their game on the cloud, many players have lost everything when they switched to a new device. Can you Imagine losing all the clothes,Hair, etc that you’ve earned over the years?!? Sadly most players are so frustrated by the loss, they leave the game entirely.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    HollySisk said:
    @Candyfloss_kkh currently all of our games are stored on our individual devices (iPads, iPhones, androids) and There is no guaranteed way to save all of our individual progress. Although some players have managed to successfully store their game on the cloud, many players have lost everything when they switched to a new device. Can you Imagine losing all the clothes,Hair, etc that you’ve earned over the years?!? Sadly most players are so frustrated by the loss, they leave the game entirely.
    @HollySisk thank you for explaining I would literally sit down and cry my eyes out after losing everything I brought and earned over the past 4 years of playing kkh I don't think I could restart ever again unless their was a restore thing for fellow android players like ios kkh players have in their games.
  • Options
    Wow New poses?! Nice? I guess
    But what about our safe storage?! I have an old android phone and I want to go iOS with the iPhone X
    I WANT SAFE STORAGE
    You already did it with Kendall and Kylie, so why does it take so much time on KKH?!
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Danizzle said:

But what about our safe storage?! I have an old android phone and I want to go iOS with the iPhone X
    I WANT SAFE STORAGE
    You already did it with Kendall and Kylie, so why does it take so much time on KKH?!

I'm all up for safe storage, but confused by the request to make it like K&K.

I lost my progress multiple times in K&K. Some just out of the blue and once when I got a new phone. I have only lost my progress in KKH once, and that was very early on due to my own error.

Time was always screwy in K&K (like it would say I have an hour left on my gig, then immediately give me one star saying the event was over.) I'm not so sure I want KKH like that...
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I quit K&K because of constant data loss. I think the difference in that game vs KKH is data or progress is stored on a server or something, where as in KKH it's stored on your device. Honestly, just a way to package your game in order to transfer it to a new device would be great. Maybe it could work as a one time thing so you wouldn't have to worry about cheaters selling multiple copies of a game. That's literally what I had to do to transfer my game to a new device because it would not work per Glu's instructions. I had to use a third-party app to copy KKH and transfer it that way. Luckily, I still had access to my old device so if something went wrong the copy was on there. Others aren't so lucky.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    We could always do a username-password login, games I've played with this has always kept my game intact and no worries with device change.
    PM to add
  • Options
    flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    Guys, you just have to use Google Play Games. The app will create a backup of your game and you can transfer to other devices. It's pretty simple and I can't believe no one knows about this.
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

Guys, you just have to use Google Play Games. The app will create a backup of your game and you can transfer to other devices. It's pretty simple and I can't believe no one knows about this.

@flissysums
    I don’t know how to use Google Play Games. Does it work with iOS?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited June 2018

My game WAS connected to Google Play and it still didn't work. Everyone knows. It's in Glu's instructions for transfer. The problem is even if your game is connected, what should be an easy transfer has a 50/50 shot of actually working. And when/if it does work, you run the chance of your current game not being the one that Google wants to load. You may lose months of data. It's happened to others.
    HollySisk said:

It's Android's version of saving your game, going through Google. iOS uses the cloud I believe.
  • Options
    HollySisk said:

@flissysums
    No, it's an Android thing.
    Android
  • Options
    KardashianBeautyKardashianBeauty Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Just to clarify for the people conversing about safe storage, and why so many of us have been asking Glu for both safe storage and cross platforms for a looong time (both on and off of these forums):

The iOs "Cloud" is NOT the same as "Google Play Games" as far as game security.

Apple users have a huge benefit with the cloud because iOs cloud saves your entire game file, which for iOs devices is an IPA game file.  It saves the entire thing, just like it saves entire songs, movies, photo albums, etc.

So for apple users, as long as you backup your game frequently - you're pretty much safe and secure.  The entire file is saved, and you can access the file yourself (along with all of the other files on your cloud) anytime, anywhere you want.

Google Play Games, however, is NOTHING like that and is essentially a gamble.

Unlike the iOs cloud, Google Play doesn't always save your entire game file (which for android is an OBB file).  It saves your current progress, however - unlike the iOs cloud, YOU are NOT able to choose when it saves or what it saves.  Your game might save (if servers act correctly) or it might not, or you might have a save......but not a current one with all of your recent purchases and progress.

Basically, the Android "saving" platform is nowhere near as secure as iOs.  Android KKH players literally have no control over what may or may not get saved.  Unlike iOs, where the apple device owner is in control and can save anytime and manage their cloud files fully.

And then there's cross platform, which is also possible but not currently offered in the game.  Hopefully Glu realizes how big of a priority these should be and implements them.  Many other companies do, so we know the options are available to the DEVs.

In the meantime, my suggestion to android users would be to connect your android devicd to a PC, search your INTERNAL STORAGE and find the "Android" folder.  Look for the one named "stardomKim", open it and find a folder called OBB.  This is your game file.
    COPY that file to your PC and put it in a folder for safe keeping.  Do this as often as you want.  You now have your game file on your PC the same way apple players have their files on their clouds, and should you get a new phone and the "google play games" transfer doesnt work like it should........

......go to the app in your "settings", clear all the data for the game on your new phone.....then your new android to a PC, go to INTERNAL STORAGE and once again go to the "Android" folder, then the "StardomKim" folder.....then the OBB folder.   Once you're there, delete the botched OBB and replace it with the one you saved to your computer.

Diconnect from your PC and load up the game.   You should be good to go!

Bare in mind this really is a "last resort" measure, but it's better to be as safe as possible with a game we love.

The KKH Devs have made this game very special and enjoyable and im sure in time they will address these concerns and implement these requests.  But for now, you gotta do what you gotta do. Lol

Hope this helps <3
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    for iOS players I recommend backing up through itunes as well as saving to the icloud. You do it manually, so you have more control. And you have a copy of your iDevice files right on your desktop.

Similarily Android has a few programs to do the same thing....save your device data on your desktop. Samsung Smart Switch is one such program. It works for some Androids other than Samsung, look it up.
    Again, it's a manual thing, you have to connect via cable to your computer (like the itunes backup) so it takes effort, but if you do it each week after you win all your event clothes...then if you ever totally explode your device....you have your game current to the last week safe on your computer.

All devices should have a button to save to their respective servers. Android used to but it disappeared with a big update over a year ago.
    Here is a quote I pulled from the Update Anticipation thread, glu understands the desire for more saving choices.

I recommend that everyone save their game via iCloud or Google Play, depending on your platform. The KKH team is aware of your feedback and they know that offering more storage options is one of your requests.

Since there is so much discussion, and tips on safe storage, I removed these from the update anticipation thread. Happy Saturday and carry on.
    Google /Smart Switch for Androids', and other programs like it.
    If you're going to use something other than Smart Switch make sure it doesn't alter your device, it's just to transfer your files.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users 158 Posts
    This discussion was created from comments split from: v9.1 Kimiversary Update Anticipation~ 4 Years in the Making!.
  • Options
    SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the tips @KardashianBeauty. I didn't know that and I will try it out.

I really really hope that glu would implement a safe storage system. I've been asking for something similar like k&k but I didn't know that that didn't work. I only briefly played that game, but when I reinstalled it after my phone was stolen about 1,5 years ago and I bought a new one: k&k progress was there immediately. I lost everything in kkh.

That made me not play for about 3 months and then I begrudgingly started over. I don't think I can do it again. 

Glu if you're reading: I know we're not supposed to discuss other games but could you look into storage systems that  X and  XX use? Those storage systems are very reliable, I would absolutely be thrilled if we could have something like that in kkh. Please!! I would gladly have nothing else new and updates for a while if that's what it takes to implement safe storage.

edit by Koko:  I took out prohibited info.
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    webra said:
    I WANT SAFE STORAGE
    I'm all up for safe storage, but confused by the request to make it like K&K. I lost my progress multiple times in K&K. Some just out of the blue and once when I got a new phone. I have only lost my progress in KKH once, and that was very early on due to my own error. Time was always screwy in K&K (like it would say I have an hour left on my gig, then immediately give me one star saying the event was over.) I'm not so sure I want KKH like that...
    I understand you @webra
    I was just trying to say that GLU can find us some great ways to save our datas because they did it in the past. Personnally I don't know how the K&K save process failed on people but I never had problems this is why I suggested it. I just hope GLU will find some great solutions for us. Thanks to all of you.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I never had any problem with Google Play Games, you just need to choose the right settings and the app will do the job. But if you have a PC, you can use XXXXX as well.

(Edit by Koko:  I removed the name of another program, I’m not familiar with it and Glu hasn’t really endorsed any outside programs. Since Samsung makes phones, their programs are pretty safe.  I feel safe with that and it’s been discussed before)
    Android
  • Options
    I'll PM you @flissysums for the parameters you're talking about because I want to change my phone. But it'll be cooler if I was able ro change my device from Android to iOS
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I suggest connecting your games to iCloud or Google Play and Facebook to ensure you can use the current features to save or transfer your game and play with friends. We have some tips in our FAQs here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=transferring-your-game-to-a-new-device
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    What about Amazon Kindle? I have been playing this game for 3 years on my Kindlle fire HD. I recently got a new Kindle and so far I have not been able to transfer my game. Glu has been no help, they have just given me instructions for iOS and google play. Amazon does not use Google play we have a cloud but it is different than icloud and as far as I know our games are saved only on our devices. I never would have spent any of my money on this game if I knew after three years i could loose everything. I have gotten so frustrated that I am about ready to completely quit this game!