Options

How You Style

Comments

• Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I love this little style challenge so much! Here’s Charlotte’s take on the previous KL item. 

Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    While the automatic censor may allow certain words.....the manual censor is still active. Lol. So if it’s it’s a bad word.....it’s not staying. B)<3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    It's National Eyewear Day! Commemorating 13 years of wearing glasses. I started needing them when I was 9 years old, my friends would tease me about it (no, not bullied) because it was a rare sight in school. I would refuse to take them out and instead squint to see the whiteboard. As a result my degree kept increasing until I accepted reality. 13 years old, new school new life, I started contact lens. Few years later, glasses became a trendy thing, non-myopic people would wear glasses without the lens, just the frame, for fashion. I then got my first and last branded glasses, it was Ray-ban, and wore them til I was of age to do lasik surgery, which was one of the best decisions in my life. I still keep all my collection of glasses from 9 years old, but I'm never looking back! Tell me your glasses story, I would love to hear them.

PM to add
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I needed glasses by age 3. I took them off every chance I got and didn’t bother wearing them in High School. I even drove without them (I was pretty naive about how stupid that was). I wore contacts as soon as I could afford them, but as I’ve gotten older my eyes get too dry to wear them comfortably, plus I’m always at a computer screen for work. So I wear glasses most of the time. I absolutely hate them, but my husband won’t let me get Lasik because of all the horror stories he’s heard about them.

My doll looks way better with them. 😊

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    Glasses are a necessary fashion accessory I include in my personal style. And you can't make one of these sexy poses without your glasses....

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts

Glasses are a necessary fashion accessory I include in my personal style. And you can't make one of these sexy poses without your glasses....

I wish. I always feel like this...

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    MerQweenMerQween Registered Users, Banned Users, Member 91 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Yue’s Ready to Party!

She’s also Classy, Sexy and Business Ready 

I absolutely loveee eyewear. My eyes are fine so I usually wear faux glasses! 
    My favs are the circle lenses and the ones you’ve chosen for this thread 😁

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    When I was in middle school my teachers started noting that I was squinting to see the blackboard. I didn’t tell my parents but by 8th grade I had to give in and get glasses. I only needed them for distance so I didn’t wear them all the time. By college I tried to use contacts but I cannot get them in & out. It was torture.
    About a year ago I realized that I was having to take my glasses off to read. I went to the doctor and got a prescription for bifocals. Those new glasses cost a fortune and my dog destroyed them two weeks later.
    I love Dixie in glasses but so many of our hairstyles don’t work right with glasses.

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    how I styled this zebra jacket: I wore pink lace up heels with chic previous event pants and new last weekends event hair while taking a walk around central park
  • Options

Here's Kat.,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I’m short sighted but I detest wearing glassess. Unfortunately I can’t wear contacts as my eyes gets too dry just like @webra. Don’t like the idea of Lasik because I keep imagining laser boring thru my eyes leaving empty sockets in place.😨

End result, I wear prescription glasses tinted as sunnies during the day and normal glasses at night while driving so I can see long distance. Meanwhile, I’d spend the majority of the time squinting away.
    Edit: Eh, not a fan of transition glasses either. Restyled Kate with the right glasses. Going to go with this school teacher/librarian look heh.

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't need glasses but the idea of Lasik freaks me the f out. I can't even watch someone touch their eyeballs putting in contact lenses. I get sympathy tears. On the other hand, both my mom and sis got Lasik and had no problems. I think my mom's vision was a little blurry the first few months but it corrected itself as it healed.
  • Options
    And here are the Androids with their looks and glasses. Great selections to style @Naimonster thanks.

KAT'S ON THE LEFT, Z on the right.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My mum did hers decades ago where the technology isn't as advanced as it is now and she came out ok. Then my brothers had them, theirs were more painful and took a few days to heal. When my turn came, it was newer tech and I could see in a few hours. Now? Better tech. It just keeps improving. I was super nervous and scared but the pros outweighed everything else.

I hated glasses because of many uncountable reasons. It's disgusting when I sweat. I can't run properly. It leaves a mark on my nose. My eyelashes keep swiping them. It fogs up half the time. All hell breaks lose when it rains. You can't wear sunnies. Can't even properly watch a 3D movie. Hell, you can't even enjoy amusement park rides. It always mysteriously falls off my face. Changing clothes is a horror. AND it goes missing ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
    - Happy post-Lasik patient
    PM to add
  • Options
    Don't hold back Doll. Tell us what you REALLY think. lol.( My thing about glasses....how am I to see to put on eye makeup? really? lol, and then mascara dots on the inside of the lenses.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I have worn glasses for years! Went through a contact lens phase but it was just too much faff so now I have a few pairs I love. My doll loves dress down days! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Here's how my doll styled the glasses:

It started when I was 13 that I needed glasses, but I just couldn't deal with seeing life through a window.
    So I have worn contact lenses ever since. With contacts I could forget about the fact that I have myopia and my eyes became even better again. I had a pair of frameless ultralight aluminum glasses, too. For watching TV in bed lol. But they were so invisible that I lost them..
    The past 2 years were tough, too many tears caused dryness to my eyes, so I made most of the time with my  prescription sunglasses from Michael Kors. Day and night! The rest of the time I am squinting away, too lol @klena
    So this is more me 😆

Too scared for Lasik 😱 

Android
  • Options
    My best friend had lasik eye surgery about 15 years ago. Her vision was so bad that she had to wear very thick glasses or hard contacts. When she woke up from the surgery she could read a wall clock across the room. She burst into tears. She has never regretted it.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Thanks guys, now I feel very ballsy for having done lasik. I'm afraid of so many things everyone else isn't.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I've actually started wearing glasses since I was about 7 years old. At first I hated wearing them as a child, but I've adjusted to wearing them over the years. I have such a nearsightedness eyesight in rl. I still wear my prescription glasses mainly for distance and outdoors of course till this day. Mines is cool though because it's transition lenses :sunglasses: I used to wear glasses inside of my home while watching TV but anymore lol. I would say that my vision has somewhat improved tremendously over the years. I no longer need to wear glasses while I'm watching television and I don't even wear mines when I'd be using my mobile device. I've also thought about getting laser eye surgery just to have a permanently 20/20 vision but my mom scared the crap outta me and told me that I may go blind if I did that to myself😱. She told me that it's for elderly people because my maternal grandfather had gotten his since he's diabetic.

#healthisthenewwealth
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited June 2018

I don't need glasses but the idea of Lasik freaks me the f out. I can't even watch someone touch their eyeballs putting in contact lenses. I get sympathy tears. On the other hand, both my mom and sis got Lasik and had no problems. I think my mom's vision was a little blurry the first few months but it corrected itself as it healed.

@soundspretty I thought that I was the only one who gets freaked out when I'd be seeing peoples putting on their contact lenses on. It looks like so much work to me and time-consuming too. My ophthalmologist tried to persuade me to get contact lenses but I opted out of it. I actually like wearing my glasses because I can always get new glasses and my frames changed every now and then☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I'm behind so here's Everly in the pink top (waiting on a call from Maria to buy!). Her look kind of suggested "Park Avenue Princess" to me so she's got her princess of a pooch with her:

And here's Everly in the glasses. I LOVE glasses for her. Before the redesign, she wore them a lot. Unfortunately, that redesign made a lot of the older items fit oddly on the newer features, so she can no longer wear many of the glasses without them sitting awkwardly across the top of her nose. I really, really hope Glu can update some of the older glasses or add some new glasses to the wardrobe that will fit Everly's face!

My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I second @haftime’s wish that Glu would correct all the eyeglasses so they fit correctly
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    candy Lisbon bound
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Haven't joined in on this thread in awhile and I'm probably a tad bit late but here's how I style myself whenever i wear my glasses.

I was supposed to get LASIK surgery when I was about 10 or 11 but my mother never took me back because she was terrified that it might not work, I have really astigmatism and I am extremely near-sighted so I have to wear a certain kind of glasses.
  • Options
    I was watching FIFA World Cup, then I thought wait, I should do something commemorative. So I picked out these long socks and shoes combo, there wasn't a similar one for the guys but it's the closest. Tell me, which country are you rooting for? I tune in to the popular matches and the others whenever I'm free. I yell "GOAAAL!" for whichever country that scores LOL, my dad gave me a death stare yesterday when I yelled after Tunisia scored, he was supporting England. I don't have a country I'm 100% supporting, but I have several favorites, I used to be a Brazil fan when I was younger. If you ask me why I'm watching, I'm watching for the hunks.

Post your looks using the white background, I will choose a few looks to make a FIFA World Cup banner!
    PM to add
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Angeline is wearing the same team jersey as Xan’s.. (Pick me!😉) She is not really into soccer game so she will be cheering for her team mates with bubble tea! 😂

P.s. I really like Jon’s showing his 6 pack! 😂
    #MoreMuscular4Guys
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I tend to only watch soccer for the hunky guys too nai so I don’t have a favourite team. Being an Australian I should be cheering for the Socceroos but I don’t follow them. Any time a soccer game is on, I tend to cheer for the team with the cutest guys & wait for the moment when they decide to expose their abs. 😋
    Here’s Kate celebrating in advance with her glass of champagne.

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    MerQweenMerQween Registered Users, Banned Users, Member 91 Posts
    I’ve never liked this shoe, but I decided to take up the challenge or else I would never ever wear this lol 

also my dolls arm is weird in the outfit maybe the headphones ? Idk 

• Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    Not sure if this is the most sport appropriate combo but TEAM KKH!!!!! 
    IOS Player