No. 1 Reality Show?

MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
Is it possible to actually get the no.1 slot for reality shows? Every time I’m about to cross the line from no.2 to no.1, the top show suddenly gains another million followers, and I just cannot seem to ever catch up. Has anyone else found this? 

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    We've had members reach it before so it is possible. I've noticed the higher up in ranks you get, the harder it is to reach that next hurdle. Like the other rankings such as top couple it's probably a bit rigged to keep things interesting. In fact, in an update not that long ago we suspect that Glu made it harder to get to #1 couple so perhaps they did the same thing with reality shows.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited June 2018
    It’s hard as you get closer to the top, but just keep at it. Slow and steady does it, don’t knock yourself out. It was especially hard for me, Cassio was the number 1 show and It took a long time but he fluctuated also so I did get a little closer even when I was getting discouraged and not doing quite as many as I should have. And that encouraged me when I was still getting closer. I think I chronicled it each day I came in and I said well it’s 15 million, now 14 million separate us. It was hard but I got the dress I got the prize, and you can do it. Linda did it. A lot of players have.
    Number one couple for me is a little harder to attain actually but that’s another thread. LOL you can do it you can do it you can do it!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • khyliix3_khyliix3_ Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Heyy, when trying for No.1 Reality Show what do you recommend be done, like 3hrs or 8hrs and how many times in a day? 😂 I've given up placed at 190.. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited June 2018
    3 hour shows give you the most reward for the smallest number of energy. You can do BelAir with 18 or 19 energy. If you DON’t have a 2 energy task by the patio door, then take the 1 energy task over to the left of the front door, that opens the 2 energy task and boom...you are done.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't know the viewer count difference between doing a 3 hour or an 8 hour, but for the sake of moving up on the list, it would only make sense to do 8 hour shows if the viewer count you received were double the amount you get from doing two 3 hour shows. Like Koko said, you can do two 3 hour shows using the same amount of energy it takes to do one 8 hour show. 

I rarely do 8 hour shows. One thing to remember about the reality show list is that it will take FOREVER. If it feels like you're not going anywhere, you are NOT alone. The good news is you never move back down the list unlike how the top couples and fan count works. You'll stay in place. I pretty much only do reality shows when we're having a reality or professional event and it's taken a really, really long time but I'm finally at #8. I still have a loooooong ways to go. But I promise, it's possible!
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited June 2018
    8hr in Calabasas gives me around 268K viewers and 3hr one in Bel Air around 215K viewers. So, definitely stick with 3hr shows. Unless, like me, you're trying to land PP. I've been doing 8hr ones all week, and no product placement, still. :neutral: Last one I had was over 2 weeks ago. It's so frustrating and there's nothing really I could do about it, just keep on doing them. I've only just gone over #300 mark on reality shows list. I'll be number one next year I guess :smiley:
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    Yay guys I’ve finally done it (ironically, when I wasn’t trying anymore!) 😂 The resulting 50 k-stars couldn’t have come at a better time with the throwback sale, and I love the dress you earn after passing second position! 🌟
    Yay! Congrats. I feel like you always move up the quickest when you stop paying attention. It's always a nice surprise.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Congratulations @MissEm1994 !
    That dress is gorgeous and looks perfect on your doll.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    Thank you everyone! Worth the wait! Xx
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Congrats @MissEm1994 🎉
    I’m way behind in my reality shows.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)