v9.1 Kimiversary Update ~ 4 Years in the Making!

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts

The Kimiversary celebration continues on Twitter and Instagram. Post your fave look with the hashtag #CelebrateKKH on a public account for a chance to be featured!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    @KalindaKing Cassio's guest ends with them going back to LAX?
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
    There's a bit more to the story. Keep playing!
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    There's a bit more to the story. Keep playing!
    Alvin's movie? I was thinking that we will get a chance to date him or or something like that, but nada.
    Android
    The story ends with a call from Simon and after you complete An Ikat Fashion Event
    #VIPKalinda
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    @flissysums You certainly are a glass half empty kinda girl

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    The story ends with a call from Simon and after you complete An Ikat Fashion Event
    Any chances of a part 2?
    Android
    I mean, if you really want to see more Cassio, you know what to do...

#CrushingOnCassio
    #CrazyForCassio
    #IHeartCassio

<3
    #VIPKalinda
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I just finished Cassio's storyline on my iOS device and all I can say is that it was a HUGE disappointment for me.
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Hey @KalindaKing , do you have idea when the update will be coming to us Facebook users?? :)
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    I can't share an exact date for the Facebook & Amazon updates, but I'll post here when there's news.
    #VIPKalinda
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    THank you @KalindaKing <3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    I mean, if you really want to see more Cassio, you know what to do... #CrushingOnCassio #CrazyForCassio #IHeartCassio <3
    No, I dont... ? Lol
    Android
    edited June 2018
    Paty said:
    I just finished Cassio's storyline on my iOS device and all I can say is that it was a HUGE disappointment for me.
    Same! It was so short. I was hoping for a date or something better as they promoted. Maybe next time. 
    Android
  • Candyfloss_kkhCandyfloss_kkh Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    (Crying) thank you so much @KalindaKing I'm so happy I have tears of joy I am just loving this update thank you glu team I love you so much 😘
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    To be honest.. I'm very disappointed by the update. Cassio storyline was a huge letdown, I mean we were all hoping to finally be able to date him but no. The photobooth options are cute, but it's not something I use that regularly. The dress 'design' thing is cool and it's neat that glu gives us a free dress.

But I expected so much more from an anniversary update. Especially after Kalinda said they incorporated suggestions from us. Which turned out to be only the photobooth. 
    Well that just teaches me not too get my hopes up too much for glu releasing updates with actually listening to their customers. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    edited June 2018
    September said:

To be honest.. I'm very disappointed by the update. Cassio storyline was a huge letdown, I mean we were all hoping to finally be able to date him but no. The photobooth options are cute, but it's not something I use that regularly. The dress 'design' thing is cool and it's neat that glu gives us a free dress.

But I expected so much more from an anniversary update. Especially after Kalinda said they incorporated suggestions from us. Which turned out to be only the photobooth. 
    Well that just teaches me not too get my hopes up too much for glu releasing updates with actually listening to their customers. 

Yes, because we ALWAYS asked "We want to date Cassio" but we only have some storylines with glimpses of something that never actually happens. He's such a good character and Glu could make amazing things with that, but seems like they don't want to.

Our babies are babies since forever. And our babies are always wearing the same clothes.
    The new poses are cute, but where are the poses from the banners?

They never really give us what we want, just similar things, which is disappointing because we aren't asking for something impossible.

I'm sorry if I'm the one always complaining, but hey, I'm not the only one.
    Android
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    edited June 2018
    What I really don´t understand is WHY we have the option to flirt with some characters, if we won´t be able to date them. It´s pointless, really.

PS: The design studio is cool. I´m wondering if we´ll be able to design more clothes in future updates.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think the Design center will be more than a one hit wonder. I think they have layer the groundwork perhaps for a way that we might regularly sending our own to an extent.
    I love being able to start the reality shows directly outside BelAir.
    I don’t loved leveling up about 5 minutescafter the Android update, and got my full energy ADDED to what I ad.
    I we got some nice new poses.
    I’m enjoying it. I really think the design studio is a bigger deal than you imagine right now.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Personally I happen to think that this is the best update Glu had done. Here’s why:
    - Design Centre (got to chose what you actually want & options to buy at only 40 kstars per dress. Should me a dress that looks as good as those for 40 kstars in wardrobe. Also, since its there, who know what else could come from it. I’m hoping to see more exciting things in future there. More clothing designs or perhaps recolouring/choice of colour on an item.)

- We got 10 kstars simply because its the game anniversary. (This is on top of the free dress.)

- Double kstars packs & bonus kstars in a Professional event. (Glu didn’t have to offer the Double kstars pack even though it had been done in past anniversaries. They also do not have to schedule a bonus kstars in a Professional event now to help us try to earn back what we spend.)

- New dressable robot & fox in Pets/Paws.

- They put the cameraman in front of the Bel Air house (after I had chosen that location to film reality there) so we don’t need to go back to Hollywood each time. Much better than the continuous suggestion of a button for reality shows in houses. (I had actually started a party by mistake when I was trying to do a reality show. It also happened to be in a house that only holds 2 guests. Not fun.) Glu listened to our requests here and improved on it.

- The energy rewards from leveling up are now stackable. I leveled up during this event. Had 17 energy left on a bar that holds 48. Instead of just a full bar of 48, I got 65. The reward energy plus whats left on the bar. So now if I happen to level up with a full bar or near full bar of energy, that energy reward won’t go to waste.

The 2 fix were requested and complained about by forum members (myself included - especially the energy fix - on numerous occasions. Glu had listened & fixed them.

I would rather they listen & fix those things that will help my game play than making a NPC game character dateable.

Babies may become toddlers in future but that’s up to Glu. If they become toddlers, they would be like an accessory or pet. You might be able to take them out of the house & walk them but the animations would be limited. They can’t grow any further than that because our dolls don’t grow old and die.

Don’t forget also that this is an app game. Not a full computer game that takes 10GB just to install the base game like The Sims franchise. More if you add expansion packs & custom contents. (I mentioned this game here only because it has the features that I’ve seen requested.) Each update already takes up more & more memory needed especially when you’re playing this game on a cellphone.

I have spoken out against Glu before in the past when I felt it was justified. But in this update, they have listened to us and fixed 2 problematic areas and they have offered new contents. All as Kalinda mentioned.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Hello everyone!
    Can somebody please tell me how do I get to design my own dress. What do I do?
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
    Lol @kokokokonut, I was composing this which took almost 45mins and you nailed it in point form within half the time.😂 I’m definitely too wordy.😂
    iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    edited June 2018
    When I updated it said that new Kollections have been added...but I don't see any that seem new to me...I apologize if this has been addressed already but I don't see it in the forums....maybe I just can't tell what the new ones are because I have so many incomplete lol
    Hi @Lenochka have you done the quest where you have to meet Kim & her designer friend in her house and help her model in his show yet? Once you have completed that storyline, the Design Centre will open up in your Bel Air house. You’ll meet the designer there who will help you go thru selecting the dress you would like to keep as a gift. There’re 8 choices and you have the option to buy additional dress fir 40 kstars.
    iOS iPad 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Someone should create a game and base their character off Cassio. Soooo many girlfriends. I can see it now
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hey y'all☺! I haven't touched my game in about a week so here's how I styled some of the throwback items that I've bought for my doll. I'm now catching up on this update since it came late asf lol for us android players. I'm loving these new poses. It's so effing cute😍🔥

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Tbh I’m kind of disappointed with the selection of TB items 😕. I did buy the red dress and I love it, but I own most of the other things and I really don’t need any more shoes. It’s a great sale for people who missed out on stuff that came out early in the game though. I just hope there’s a bigger selection at black friday. 

*i know there’s TB gift boxes but I think 60k stars is pretty steep for a gamble, and I almost always get accessories or shoes and not clothes or hair. Ugh sorry to vent but I had to get that off my chest 😩. 

Edit - I totally meant to post this in the weekend event thread oops
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • KhantKhant Registered Users 71 Posts
    Exciting update but I'm confused about a couple of things.

1) I dont see any new Kollections. Is my game glitching?
    2) I dont have a throwback sale? Can someone screenshot how theirs look like?
    3) The banner suggested that there is a VIP storyline & we can earn clothes with it. What is this about? Is there anyone who completed this + details/screenshots of the storyline and items ?
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Hey dolls, I would love your opinion on this. If I already own the dress on the left , do I need the TB dress on the right? 

IOS Player 
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    @TrashleyKKH They're too close imo, I personally would save it or buy a different dress. Unless of course you just really like the design of the right, but I like the left one better.
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine