v9.1 Kimiversary Update ~ 4 Years in the Making!

Comments

• KhantKhant Registered Users 71 Posts
    klena said:

Personally I happen to think that this is the best update Glu had done. Here’s why:
    - Design Centre (got to chose what you actually want & options to buy at only 40 kstars per dress. Should me a dress that looks as good as those for 40 kstars in wardrobe. Also, since its there, who know what else could come from it. I’m hoping to see more exciting things in future there. More clothing designs or perhaps recolouring/choice of colour on an item.)

- We got 10 kstars simply because its the game anniversary. (This is on top of the free dress.)

- Double kstars packs & bonus kstars in a Professional event. (Glu didn’t have to offer the Double kstars pack even though it had been done in past anniversaries. They also do not have to schedule a bonus kstars in a Professional event now to help us try to earn back what we spend.)

- New dressable robot & fox in Pets/Paws.

- They put the cameraman in front of the Bel Air house (after I had chosen that location to film reality there) so we don’t need to go back to Hollywood each time. Much better than the continuous suggestion of a button for reality shows in houses. (I had actually started a party by mistake when I was trying to do a reality show. It also happened to be in a house that only holds 2 guests. Not fun.) Glu listened to our requests here and improved on it.

- The energy rewards from leveling up are now stackable. I leveled up during this event. Had 17 energy left on a bar that holds 48. Instead of just a full bar of 48, I got 65. The reward energy plus whats left on the bar. So now if I happen to level up with a full bar or near full bar of energy, that energy reward won’t go to waste.

The 2 fix were requested and complained about by forum members (myself included - especially the energy fix - on numerous occasions. Glu had listened & fixed them.

I would rather they listen & fix those things that will help my game play than making a NPC game character dateable.

Babies may become toddlers in future but that’s up to Glu. If they become toddlers, they would be like an accessory or pet. You might be able to take them out of the house & walk them but the animations would be limited. They can’t grow any further than that because our dolls don’t grow old and die.

Don’t forget also that this is an app game. Not a full computer game that takes 10GB just to install the base game like The Sims franchise. More if you add expansion packs & custom contents. (I mentioned this game here only because it has the features that I’ve seen requested.) Each update already takes up more & more memory needed especially when you’re playing this game on a cellphone.

I have spoken out against Glu before in the past when I felt it was justified. But in this update, they have listened to us and fixed 2 problematic areas and they have offered new contents. All as Kalinda mentioned.

Honestly, thank you for posting this LOL! I just read through the whole thread and you're the only one who summed up this update in one post. Is there anything else that you missed out & u realized after playing?
    Since I am a VIP member, I believe we're supposed to get a VIP storyline & with that I'll get an outfit or something. There are also VIP early items as usual.
    I heard there's a throwback sale which I dont have but upon going through my closet I did noticed some past weekend items available for sale in my closet despite me not getting a throwback sale popup (the picking boxes style)
    @KalindaKing is there any way you can get the team to look into why there's still a glitch whenever I try wearing thigh high boots with some of the shorts. And this isn't a new glitch as far as I know. It's been there for ages

Hey dolls, I would love your opinion on this. If I already own the dress on the left , do I need the TB dress on the right? 

The dress on the left is kinda ugly (I own one too so no shade) so definitely get the right one if you can. It's much cuter and wearable
    Hey @kokokokonut would you mind editing the first post of this thread and including the Kimiversary banner? I've gone mad searching for the banner lol
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Hey @klena I don't think I have done that story line yet, do you know what it's called by any chance?
    Thank you so much for replying :smile:<3
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Khant said:

@KalindaKing is there any way you can get the team to look into why there's still a glitch whenever I try wearing thigh high boots with some of the shorts. And this isn't a new glitch as far as I know. It's been there for ages

It’s not a glitch, it’s how they were designed. If you want thigh high boots with pants or shorts of any kind, there are two Balmain pieces for purchases, and a few others from events. You can make it a suggestion in the Fashion suggestion thread. But our pants and shorts do differ in leg width, ever notic3 some pants show from behind some knee high boots? I think we would see sooooo much more ugly spillover all the way up. I LOVE THE Balmain boots. One black, one alligator, both over black pants.
    good morning
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited June 2018
    Khant said:

Hey @kokokokonut would you mind editing the first post of this thread and including the Kimiversary banner? I've gone mad searching for the banner lol

Aww, I pretty much keep the opening post wth what I have to work with when it opens, . Feel free to stick the banner here doll and , if it’s not already in the Encyclopedia thread, we can post it there.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @Lenochka I’m sorry, usually I do make a note of it but was in a rush this weekend. I truly can’t recall what the name was either. My suggestion is maybe post on this weekend’s thread and ask for the name there.

Btw, is Lena your name? If so, its the same as mine.😊
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    @kokokokonut dont forget to open the thread for the next weekday event ;D
    (you probably will do tomorow)!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    edited June 2018
    Khant said:

Since I am a VIP member, I believe we're supposed to get a VIP storyline & with that I'll get an outfit or something. There are also VIP early items as usual.
    I heard there's a throwback sale which I dont have but upon going through my closet I did noticed some past weekend items available for sale in my closet despite me not getting a throwback sale popup (the picking boxes style)

Was this posted b4 you got the update? There is.a storyline & outfit for VIP if you didn’t get it send a ticket to customer care.
    Re: flash sale ....there are no palettes to pick from. Look onthe bottom of your wardrobe, I posted this, this has been in my game since the event began, b4 the Androids got the update.there. should be a flash sale tab on the closet screen.

And this announcement from the Announcement Bullhorun

What platform do you play?
    The flash sale items are on a special tab all together when you access the sale from either place, AND scattered throughout the wardrobe.

But no Tb palettes....that is only for blind picking. Here, you select just what you want. :)

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    In events we often have different looking charachters. I'lll post my 3 cassios, 3 different first names, 2 looks. My cameraman looks like my brother. Hand to God make him taller & that's him. BUT ALL 2 GAMES HAVE THE SAME cameraman and name.
    That mother of someone we did a gig with in Hollywood.....Margaret Mooney? I have one black Irish Margaret Moore ey, and 2 white ones. (I remember she stayed on the stage for a while, 6 months latr, I'don't be back, and there were was standing on the head stage.
    Ok, Design Center.l.lites not something we reoe day asked for, but think about the possibilities. Image a gig each uod where we design and buy our own dresses? We could end up doing a runway show of our creations. There is so much the design Center can open up for us. Maybe they could give us a set of weekly tasks, turn it into another Chevier of sorts, I would love that.
    Ok..ltwo biggies,,,.no radio station (EVEN though Khloe had a show while Lammie was doing the Maverick thing, I never really exoected one. IF Yeezy ever goes the broadcast route, maybe. But that's ok.

UM, when we had our garage Problems I thought they were renovating it to house our new Harley DynaLowRiders. But um, but um......the bikes didn't arrive, are they being custom made in the Yorktown PA Factory. Ok. We'll wait <3

But yeah, I love the design center. Right after the update, I leveled up and loved getting it to what I already had. Awesome. Thank you glu.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Khant said:

It’s not a glitch, it’s how they were designed. If you want thigh high boots with pants or shorts of any kind, there are two Balmain pieces for purchases, and a few others from events. You can make it a suggestion in the Fashion suggestion thread. But our pants and shorts do differ in leg width, ever notic3 some pants show from behind some knee high boots? I think we would see sooooo much more ugly spillover all the way up. I LOVE THE Balmain boots. One black, one alligator, both under black ‘pqntw[.
    good morning

Khant said:

Was this posted b4 you got the update? There is.a storyline & outfit for VIP if you didn’t get it send a ticket to customer care.
    Re: flash sale ....there are no palettes to pick from. Look onthe bottom of your wardrobe, I posted this, this has been in my game since the event began, b4 the Androids got the update.there. should be a flash sale tab on the closet screen.

And this announcement from the Announcement Bullhorun

What platform do you play?
    The flash sale items are on a special tab all together when you access the sale from either place, AND scattered throughout the wardrobe.

But no Tb palettes....that is only for blind picking. Here, you select just what you want. :)

Ahh, glad you clarified. Thx darling!

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I know NPCs in storyline events often look different but I was thinking more along the lines of "static" characters and assumed Cassio fit into that category. Like how Maria and Simon and Willow, etc. look the same in each game. I actually think it's pretty interesting. That would make a fun thread to discover how everyone looks in different games!
    edited June 2018
    klena said:

Lol @kokokokonut, I was composing this which took almost 45mins and you nailed it in point form within half the time.😂 I’m definitely too wordy.😂

Lol. I usually write, then cut it down a LOT. I am the epitome of too Wordy.
    On the air, live commercials ran into 15 minute spots. It's in my sign, my numbers, my DNA.
    You're in the Wordy Rappinghood club too doll.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Fs8IFTFDE

@kokokokonut dont forget to open the thread for the next weekday event ;D
    (you probably will do tomorow)!

I probably will doll. I probably will.

@Lenochka just saying Hi. You've been a quiet doll lately. :)

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    I think the Design center will be more than a one hit wonder. I think they have layer the groundwork perhaps for a way that we might regularly sending our own to an extent. I love being able to start the reality shows directly outside BelAir. I don’t loved leveling up about 5 minutescafter the Android update, and got my full energy ADDED to what I ad. I we got some nice new poses. I’m enjoying it. I really think the design studio is a bigger deal than you imagine right now.
    Is it a storyline? Where do I go to create my dress help
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
    Silz1217 said:

I think the Design center will be more than a one hit wonder. I think they have layer the groundwork perhaps for a way that we might regularly sending our own to an extent.
    I love being able to start the reality shows directly outside BelAir.
    I don’t loved leveling up about 5 minutescafter the Android update, and got my full energy ADDED to what I ad.
    I we got some nice new poses.
    I’m enjoying it. I really think the design studio is a bigger deal than you imagine right now.
    Is it a storyline? Where do I go to create my dress help

I think Kim will call you first and you have to do a few missions and then you can create a design studio in your Bel Air house, and then Kim will tell you to go there meet someone and that someone will say you can create a dress (well you cna design several dresses cuz there are 8 diferent types to choose) but only 1 is free, if you want more each dress will be 40 Kstars :)
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    @LovelyEmma thank you I might have to many gig to do still 😤
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
    I'm android no cassio yet, nor the call about the design studio......but I have undone tasks so I know the Pet Sanctuary gig must be completed, I'll list any that help as I come across them. If you have the Wildlife story, I would do that I believe that is related. I'm doing that one next. :) Just concentrate on clearing the undone tasks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Silz1217 said:

@LovelyEmma thank you I might have to many gig to do still 😤

Same!
    Im a Facebook player and i have 2 undone tasks and still havent gotten the Pet Santuary one D:

I'm android no cassio yet, nor the call about the design studio......but I have undone tasks so I know the Pet Sanctuary gig must be completed, I'll list any that help as I come across them. If you have the Wildlife story, I would do that I believe that is related. I'm doing that one next. :) Just concentrate on clearing the undone tasks.

I have 2 undone tasks and i still havent gotten the pet santuary one...
    Since i finished the weekend event, i guess tomorow i will try to clear as many missions as i can :D
    #GettingReadyForThe9.1Update :3
  • yeezydashianyeezydashian Registered Users 269 Posts
    When are we getting the new kollections?
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Pet sanctuary gig? Wildlife story?
    The last gig I got was the Royal Wedding. Since it is my only task, I kept it for later. I don't like the feeling of having nothing to do.
    Guess I have to finish this first.
    Or is it a VIP thing?
    Was a little confused that the pet update had no storyline at all.. 
    Anyway Kim is still waiting at Bel Air, blocking the entrance. I want to meet my cameraman Luke Newman there. 🕵️
    Android
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    Is the throwback sale just stuff we usually get in the pallets during the weekday events? Because I don't have the flash sale option tab. I'm in an android platform. 
    edited June 2018
    Ok.....Cassio is unlocked when you do the Gansevelt Wildlife Appearance, with Kim and Grace Worthington. YOu finish that, and grace calls asks to meet you in front of your bel air mansion. You prob have to start a Bel AIr Reality show to get the cameraman off the front lawn. So I hit him to start a taping, we popped inside, I went back out and Grace was there. She'll ask about the 3 exotics she'd like you to put in your pet sanctuary. Say yes or no, and she leaves and Kim calls says thanks Grace really likes us. We do a little glowing dance thing, if you're good with screencaps, it's cute you should grab one. Anyway......after kims call.....

And for Cassio comparisons

I think I found the design studio trigger,.....a photo shoot in Beverly Hills Metro magazine. I'm off to try that one next.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Idkkh said:

Is the throwback sale just stuff we usually get in the pallets during the weekday events? Because I don't have the flash sale option tab. I'm in an android platform. 

The flash-sale consists of items from the weekend events, unless you won All the items in the flash sale, you should have it. Can you post the screenshot from your wardrobe so we can see what is there instead?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ScarletkkhScarletkkh Registered Users 830 Posts

I mean, if you really want to see more Cassio, you know what to do...

#CrushingOnCassio
    #CrazyForCassio
    #IHeartCassio

<3 </p>

I do not understand what you mean by this😂🙈
    edited June 2018

Pet sanctuary gig? Wildlife story?
    The last gig I got was the Royal Wedding. Since it is my only task, I kept it for later. I don't like the feeling of having nothing to do.
    Guess I have to finish this first.
    Or is it a VIP thing?
    Was a little confused that the pet update had no storyline at all.. 
    Anyway Kim is still waiting at Bel Air, blocking the entrance. I want to meet my cameraman Luke Newman there. 🕵️

Ok, its not VIp. From the previous update, 9 there ws a task to do a charity wildlife appearance in tribecca, with Kim. I still have to do it on the other androids, wildlife refuge?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Thanks Koko!
    Just done the wedding and got the call for the sanctuary. 🐯 Woohoo!
    Here's my man Luke:

I love that guy!
    Android
    edited June 2018

When are we getting the new kollections?

That info is not available yet, no need to ask, it will be announced at the appropriate time. :D remember tomorrow is the real Kimiversary of the game.....perhaps at the end of the event,when the clock runs out? If Glu spelled everything out, we'don't have nothing to imagine or think about. :)

***DESIGN CENTER***
    I think I isolated the gig that opens the design Center
    As soon as I have energy, I'lll check it out.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    @klena that's ok 😊 Thank you for your help!
    Yep my name is Lena too! Nice to meet you 👍🏽
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS