KK:H Weekend Event 8/24/18 - Another Weekend in Rio!!!

Comments

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Thank you Kalinda for clarifying.

As someone who had played this game for 3 years and going I personally welcome changes or new additions and reserve judgement after. 

At the very least, that earnables are solid and that straw hat is gorgeous !
    IOS Player 
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    I am super excited to see how this will play out and honestly, I love to see how things roll differently from time to time even it we have to pay more kstars for it. I’m happy it’s different and fun! 
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    Is Amazon going to get the update in time for this event?
    I don't know exactly what time Amazon will get the update, but we're hoping you'll be able to participate in the weekend event! It's coming soon!
    Hoping we will be able to participate? We have been patiently waiting for a week now! This is getting a little ridiculous! Also I'm not too sure about this new idea with the gift box. Hopefully we get the update so I can try it out.
  • MarleMarle Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    Wait so it's a professional event? (I'm confused, sorry if it was already said)
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Yes, it's a professional event! The prizes are just structured differently.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • JoyIrineuJoyIrineu Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    Here is a preview of what the Kollection will look like. Keep in mind that the Throwback items will look different in everyone's games
    I think so is better looking forward to this event.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love the whole outfit. ok, the Kollections skirt is not my style. but that's just me. If you don't wonder if my skirt's too short, my skirts too long. :o But I love everything else. My Dolls are thrilled about the TB boxes in the Kollections. The Androids are very close to the predominant hair prizes. ok, a dress or necklace maybe but
    I'm beginning to see hair. (never thought I 'd be typing that on a forum.) so we're happy dancing it over here.
    Who else is very excited? And another great chance to catch up on old gigs.

Thanks for all the Klarifications Kalinda. 👸
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts

Here is a preview of what the Kollection will look like. Keep in mind that the Throwback items will look different in everyone's games

Love how it looks :3
    Are the Trowback Items random or its just those 4?
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I love that we will be able to see the tb items. I hope that the newer ones will be included too.
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    Ahh... The throwback items are the old ones. Guys... Cmon. The newer items are WAY better than the ones from 2 or 3 years ago. PLEASE, update the throwback boxes!
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    edited August 2018
    The only thing that would make this better is if they were new tb items because a regular box is 60 kstars so some might be over or under that amount but I’m excited to try it out tomorrow and see how it goes!
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • KatyaKatya Registered Users, Member 795 Posts

So TB items could be also shoes, accessories? :neutral:
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    Intrigued to see how this is going to work and how much it's going to cost to complete. Not sure if I'll go for any more beyond the free GB though that kinda depends on what the TB items are. I like that the earnable top and skirt are separate items as I'm more likely to use the top rather than the skirt so I can mix it with other items.
    I play on iOS
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    yezx said:
    I hope the throwback boxes are at least clothes or hairstyles and not necklaces or ugly shoes...
    Totally agree. I’ve won about 7 pairs of ugly shoes in recent weeks, and when I’m not winning them, I’m winning rings or bracelets, which you can barely notice on your doll 😬 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I figured out why the kollection bracelets are bugging me

• SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Don't forget that one of the kollection box prize winnings is usually around 100 kstars, so without that, the kollection will cost 100 kstars more than usual. 

Enjoy this *fun* new twist. 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The Throwback boxes in the Kollection will include newer items that were added to Throwback boxes.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Wow! Like others have said, I'm intrigued by changes to the game, having played it for so long. I like that we'll be able to see what TB items we're buying boxes for. I'm much more willing to spend to open boxes if I know I'm going to get items instead of event points or kash. That being said, the GB/gold Kollections outfit/hair isn't really speaking to me. I'll have to see what TB items are on offer to decide about opening boxes! Also, I'm SO excited to see what other dolls get in their TB boxes this weekend-- that will be fun.

I like the earnable outfit, though, especially that they're separates that look cute together but will also probably mix well with other separates from our closet. I'm looking forward to seeing how dolls style them this weekend! I'm kind of bummed about how the earnable hat turned out though. On the preview, it seemed to fit the dolls head better. Now it looks a little, high maybe? It reminds me of when hats are too small for my head so they pop off a little bit and sit too high. That being said, I do appreciate getting earnable hair-- there was a long stretch where earnable hair was scarce so I try to be thankful when we do get it!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    edited August 2018

and... now I have to go check out the hair. I've been drooling over the advance. pic. ;)

edit - Phew. Just had another look.. I'm good. i still love it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    I don't like the idea of involving Kollektions into our weekend events. 
    I don't like them. I don't buy them. Quite frankly, I don't understand why people get excited over spending 600 - 700(?) kstars for a few items.
    But that's just me..
    Good thing I don't like the "gb items". So I will keep my kstars.

Android
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    I am still waiting for those Who Were It Better items! 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I'm interested to know how much opening the remaining 7 boxes (after the free box) in the kollection is going to cost. Kalinda did say unlike normal kollections the price per box will be cheaper... how much we don't know BUT it won't contain a krappy energy or kash prize and that's music to my ears. Plus unlike chasing gift boxes, you're guaranteed an item whether it's an event item or a TB item so no chance of krappy prizes there either (unless you happen to dislike the item you pick but hey! It's still an item vs kash or energy or event points)

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works, it sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Maybe in time for the winter? just wondering.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts

The Throwback boxes in the Kollection will include newer items that were added to Throwback boxes.

But the "newer" items added to the throwback boxes are really, really old lol
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please

I'm interested to know how much opening the remaining 7 boxes (after the free box) in the kollection is going to cost. Kalinda did say unlike normal kollections the price per box will be cheaper... how much we don't know BUT it won't contain a krappy energy or kash prize and that's music to my ears. Plus unlike chasing gift boxes, you're guaranteed an item whether it's an event item or a TB item so no chance of krappy prizes there either (unless you happen to dislike the item you pick but hey! It's still an item vs kash or energy or event points)

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

I think you summed it up nicely. ;) And lets face it, we are not always thrilled with every item in the old Kollections anyway.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JoyIrineuJoyIrineu Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I like this event kollection format instead of the boxes. The boxes usually cost 40kstars and we have to count on the luck to stop receiving the new items. Now with the kollection we will spend kstar with the certainty of winning new items or items throwback. I think it is much better than spending 40kstars in a box and earn 4000 money
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I love everything this weekend 😍🔥💣 it's most definitely a must-have for me. No complaints here !

Hmm...the kollection prizes looks very intriguing enough for me to make me wanna spend my kstars. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks to glu for revamping it because it did look rigged before when cash and energy was included in there. I'll be happily satisfied if I win either a throwback item or the new kollection prize.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    edited August 2018

But the "newer" items added to the throwback boxes are really, really old lol
    In GLU's defense, I think they wait a long time to be fair to players that may have spent a lot of k-stars when chasing the items originally.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I appreciate Glu trying to “fix” this kind of event to make them better. I can’t wait to see what tb items are in these boxes. ☺️