KK:H Weekend Event 8/24/18 - Another Weekend in Rio!!!

Comments

• Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I wasn't feeling it with all those shoes but when I opened the free box and got the black top I tried again and got the bracelets🤗 
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I feel like we're seeing a pattern here:

Which was kind of what I was worried about, but I don't like the items to try again anyway. It seems that in order to incentivise people buying more boxes you'd need to make sure that they were interested in all of the items reasonably equally, because it's not worth it if there's only one thing you like, as you'd need to go through a lot of things you don't want to get there.

Anyway this skirt is fine. I've seen some people here make some great outfits with it!

Edit: spoke too soon, the palette in the post above^ looks luckier!
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    Lisylis said:

Anyway this skirt is fine. I've seen some people here make some great outfits with it!

I got that skirt yesterday in my TB box and I LOVE it!! I goes with almost every top I own.
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

I got the black top first then the golden gladiator boots and then the Wonder Woman bracelets. 

Since i I really only wanted the bracelets , I probably going to stop buying boxes. 

Personally, I really like this new concept but also due to the fact that the 4 TB items I personally don’t mind having in my closet. ( I personally will be gassed if it was like boas, shoes and glasses) 

I encourages all dolls to upload their picks so that we can see if it random or there are preferences for certain items. 
    IOS Player 
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    Here's my box. Happy with an event item though not going to chase any more as am not overly keen on the TB items and not a massive fan of the GB items so I'm happy to stop. Looking forward to getting the earnable items though.

I play on iOS
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    One is my sisters and she got kstars asa first pick! Has anyone gotten an event item first? I got the bracelets second and the hair was second last
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    I got the black top on my Free Spin :)
    My Trowback Itens included 3 dresses and 1 pair of shoes!
    There was a metalic blue dress, a dorothy from Wizard of Oz dress and a nude colored dress! The shoes were rainbow colored tough!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I still don't have the event. What's going on?
    Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I was very bad, I was in a flurry of tapping and wondering why one game wasn't playing. I'll have to consult my screenshots. I know I had a lot of shoes in my tb boxes, but better today than during an event where the tb is my big prize. right?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    ok now that i've finished my homework #ihatecollegelmao here's some feedback bc i'm on a roll.
    i think this concept is great, and i feel like it's way better than getting energy or cash as prizes. some people might find it frustrating depending on how far along they're in the game, though, since the tbt item selection is randomized.
    my options were "meh" but i got the kollection top so it's okay.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I decided to buy a box first for 30 stars and won the tb bracelet. My next box was supposed to cost 35 stars but I was curious what would happen if I used my free box. Yep, just as I feared .... now my next box will cost 40 stars which means 70 stars total instead of 65. Moral of the story is if you want to buy boxes do it before you use your freebie! I’m not really sold on this new feature. If I had won another tb item instead of event item I think I would be mad lol. I’m curious to know the total cost if you buy all 8 event boxes

• yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Well my opinion, since I don't really want to sound negative haha, I do really like the concept. I appreciate you listening to us and realizing paying 40stars for 4000 cash or energy is unfair. So it's nice it's an item at least. However, I do feel, like it is not completely at random and the overweight still is on the throwback items rather than on the event items...

at least I can now blame Glu for picking the wrong item instead of myself 🤷🏻‍♀️
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    Decided to open a box first thing this morning for 30 k stars, and I’m not displeased with my pick. It seems I got very lucky in the sense that all of my TB items are dresses!

• PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @Rumplestilzchen Did you do the update that @Kokokokonut mentioned in the faq thread and still not have the event? I haven't done it yet because I'm not in wifi, but I would seriously hate to do the update and that's not even gonna help.
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
    @PlantWitch I had done the 9.3 update. Everything was fine - except that I didn't get the event.
    Now I should do an 315.70 MB update again???
    I'm freaking out! Why???
    Android
    Haven't found any new FAQ thread by Koko?
    Android
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    @Rumpelstilzchen The tread in faq was started by someone else not Koko, but in that thread she said there was an update in the playstore. I also took the 9.3 update but in the playstore there is a 9.3.1 update. Koko said it fixed her android that didn't get the event, I believe a few other's on the faq thread said it fixed their event. So yeah I think we have to do another massive update for this event. 
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
    But 315.70 MB? What the...?
    Android
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We released a mini update (9.3.1) for iOS and Android with bug fixes. Please update your game if you're missing the event.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I can understand newer players liking this iteration of weekend GB. Newer players have a ton of possible TB items they want. This helps them get more.
    But As a long time player, I do not like it. I only have about 10 TB items left before I have to wait months and months until Glu adds new ones. I want to earn those TB items during the week, I do not want to pay for them during the weekend.

I also think the odds are rigged in this combination of GB & TB. I opened my “free” box in my male dolls game first. He got TB shoes. Then i opened my “free” box in my female doll’s game. She got the GB bracelets. The next box was 35GC. I debated what to do and decided to open another since it was less GC than a typical weekend GB. She got TB shoes. :-(

When i came here i see most of us are getting TB shoes or the GB bracelets in our “free” box. A couple got the GB top (which is so similar to existing black tops that it’s also a “meh” item). So far No one here has opened the GB hair in their free box today. That is sketchy! We all know some of us do get the GB hair in our “free” GB in the other format.

Dixie is so annoyed she can’t even look at it

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Mini update? I have to do the whole update again!
    With my slow WiFi it will take 3 h..
    Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Why
    SugarK said:

I decided to buy a box first for 30 stars and won the tb bracelet. My next box was supposed to cost 35 stars but I was curious what would happen if I used my free box. Yep, just as I feared .... now my next box will cost 40 stars which means 70 stars total instead of 65. Moral of the story is if you want to buy boxes do it before you use your freebie! I’m not really sold on this new feature. If I had won another tb item instead of event item I think I would be mad lol. I’m curious to know the total cost if you buy all 8 event boxes

Did you watch the stars to make sure they were deducted? I ask because I had the same error with one of my games. as soon as I bought the box I was worried. So, I worked up to my free box, tapped through to pick one, and saw it said 40 stars. I went back into my working game screen, again tapped the free box in my prize meter, that time it did tell me simply to select a box and no other cost was paid.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MarleMarle Registered Users, Member 91 Posts

I got the hair in my free box
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I finally got the pink dress with the black lace that never pops up in TB boxes on my second try with the kollection.
    Platform: Android

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I’m glad to see @Marle got the hair first. Congrats!
    Like many of you, my two girls games, one got the event bracelets and the other got the event black top first, made me wonder the chances are still rigged.
    Here is Angeline’s palette: bracelets then 3 TB items.

I’m so glad I dodged Maria’s outfit. I think I might just stop here as I’m not crazy about this week’s event gift box items. I think this system would work if I like all the event gb items. I would rather get TB items than energy/Kash/event points.

Jon is luckier. I actually like guy’s Gift box suit, especially the pants are proper length.

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts

Here’s my GB. I picked the TB dress first, then the top. I’m stopping here since I’m not in love with any of the other items.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    I got the hair on the first try....IM AMAZED 

• Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I did what @SugarK said about buying boxes first before opening the free box and yes I watched it closely and I saw I only spent a total of 65 kstars only. (1st box-30kstars, 2nd box-35kstars, then my free box) 😊 Thank you for this tip @SugarK! I also got pretty decent items from this palette. 😊😍💖

✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Like most I was a bit sceptical but intrigued how this type of event would play out. But I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by the new concept! I am not sure I will feel the same way when I have once again collected all Throwback items as I see the K-star price has been reduced to 20 (!!) K-stars, but for now I am glad to win an item no matter which box opens!

Here is my pallette, really happy I won the one item I really really wanted!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • nikikkhnikikkh Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Why am I not seeing this event? There are no updates for me in the Play Store either.
    Amazon platform/Kindle
    Playing since 2017.