KK:H Weekend Event 8/24/18 - Another Weekend in Rio!!!

Comments

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts

Got this ghastly, poofy, pink frock in my gb....hate! lol.
    But I am loving the earnable skirt!
    iOS
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    I really loved the change they made to this type of event! I just wish that the tb boxes were updated for those who have opened them all, maybe it would be better if we got new tb items every update?? 
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • Gennac146Gennac146 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Why can't I see the event in on amazon 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @Gennac146 We recently released the 9.3 update for Amazon. If you don't see it yet, it will appear in the Amazon Appstore soon!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    If everyone LOOOVES the new concept, why hasn't anyone gone all in and reported back with how many kstars the whole kollection cost them? 

Got my free box. Hate the concept like I hate kollections. Hate not being able to pick my own box. But nobody cares about my feedback. 

Heres my pallete. Got the purple garbage shoes in the free box. Would've rather had kash or energy. Yuck. 

I guess I can kiss any future event items goodbye with your rigged nonsense. The only pure thing left in the game was the GB box which people begged you not to mess with not so long ago and now that's ruined. Thanks.

This may be the death knell for me. Though I may contact the Better Business Bureau about some things. 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    So agree with @Savagekkh.
    I want to pick my own box!
    I hate Kollektions! None of the TB items interest me.
    I hate this event.
    Android
    I agree - I miss picking my own box as well. I'm not happy about getting tons of shoes and accessories in the TB boxes, but I do like that it's a guaranteed item, and I won't be wasting a box on kash.
    iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    the 5Star Kollection consisting of the 4 Event items and 4 TB prizes costs 350 After the 1st free box. Hope this helps, and takes a little sting out of it for some.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

This Kollection is giving me Star Trek vibes.
    iOS
  • stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    I really like the new idea. It guarantees you get SOMETHING out of the box and you can see what all is in there. Totally makes it worth the while for me at least.  
  • stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    AliBryant said:

Got this ghastly, poofy, pink frock in my gb....hate! lol.
    But I am loving the earnable skirt!
    I actually really love that dress haha. 
  • beachespeachesbeachespeaches Registered Users 698 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I got the cute top, it's kind of generic but I like it. Honestly I hope this doesn’t replace the gift boxes. I think it’s fun to pick out a box. I hate hate hate kollections, and I’d rather get energy or Kstars than TB shoes or accessories that I can get during the week (that I probably won’t use anyway). 
    My doll's name is Bea!
    iOS player since the release
    Level 99
    #FixTheWine
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Here's an idea - what if they kept the increase in K-stars to play the Kollection, but we were able to actually choose which box? I definitely prefer the usual GB, but if Glu really wants to push these, why not give us some control?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    So I’ve been grinding and tapping away and decided to finish the weekend story line and look who I found at LIF!! This is the cutest thing ever I love it!!! @KalindaKing
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    THIS IS MY FAVORITE WEEKEND EVENT EVER! 🙌🏻

Make sure you guys finish the weekend quest so we can chat! ❤️

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited August 2018
    My throwback/kollection prizes:

Here's what I've won if anyone is curious to see my pallette. First, I bought a box for 30 kstars and won a throwback necklace. Second, I won the giftbox bracelet on my free box. I actually like that you can see what's inside of your boxed pallette, but however I just hate how randomized our selections are. I don't think that shoes and accessories should be there period. I would've liked to see throwback hairs and dresses inside of mines. I've stopped there and decided not to purchase another box after I paid for mines. I have to complain about the increasing prices of opening up an additional box. My paid box cost me 30 kstars from before. Now mind you it was supposed to actually be 35 kstars to opened up my second additional box. Then the price jumped up to 40 kstars. Like really glu wth? Seriously. That's a complete ripoff and I'm actually a loyal paying customer. Smt.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

My throwback/kollection prizes:

Here's what I've won if anyone is curious to see my pallette. First, I bought a box for 30 kstars and won a throwback necklace. Second, I won the giftbox bracelet on my free box. I actually like that you can see what's inside of your boxed pallette, but however I just hate how randomized our selections are. I don't think that shoes and accessories should be there period. I would've liked to see throwback hairs and dresses inside of mines. I've stopped there and decided not to purchase another box after I paid for mines. I have to complain about the increasing prices of opening up an additional box. My paid box cost me 30 kstars from before. Now mind you it was supposed to be actually be 35 kstars to opened up my second additional box. Then the price jumped up to 40 kstars. Like really glu wth? Seriously. That's a complete ripoff and I'm actually a loyal paying customer. Smt.

I agree about the shoes and accessories. It's so crappy to see some people have those in 3 of the 4 Tb boxes! If they would make them just clothes and hair I would be so stoked. As the price starts going up as you play the Kollection, who wants to pay those high prices for accessories??
    iOS
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    This is my box, I paid twice, haven't opened the free box yet (may as well use it later). I got really lucky, so I don't hate this event. I'm cool if they want to add it to the rotation, but I wouldn't want all weekend events to be like this.

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I got the weird looking flats @LovelyEmma got a few weeks ago in my free box. I didn't bother opening another one because my palette had the same pair of flats she won this past week and I didn't want to chance it lol. If I liked the kollection items better I probably would, since it seems like most people are getting one of those items their second try if not their first. I'm just not feeling them enough to spend k-stars.
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Savagekkh said:

If everyone LOOOVES the new concept, why hasn't anyone gone all in and reported back with how many kstars the whole kollection cost them? 

Got my free box. Hate the concept like I hate kollections. Hate not being able to pick my own box. But nobody cares about my feedback. 

Heres my pallete. Got the purple garbage shoes in the free box. Would've rather had kash or energy. Yuck. 

I guess I can kiss any future event items goodbye with your rigged nonsense. The only pure thing left in the game was the GB box which people begged you not to mess with not so long ago and now that's ruined. Thanks.

This may be the death knell for me. Though I may contact the Better Business Bureau about some things. 

I’m pretty close to quitting as well despite all the real money I have spent on both my big game and the much smaller amount on my baby game. On my main game I could afford to blow through some K-Stars and finish the event but I refuse on principle plus my Throwback items are all hideous in both games. And God forbid there be any decent non-Halloween hair in the boxes because those have to be saved for the rigged Throwback events where you get 98% of the hair all at the end. In other words,”Thanks Glu I hate it!”

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited August 2018
    webra said:

Here's an idea - what if they kept the increase in K-stars to play the Kollection, but we were able to actually choose which box? I definitely prefer the usual GB, but if Glu really wants to push these, why not give us some control?

I really like this idea. Keep this same concept, 4 event items and 4 TB, same KStars amount, but please let the chance of picking each box be totally random. I will definitely go all in if I like most of the event items and most of my TB items. Just not this week’s. 😉

Edit to add: Forgot to say, Glu needs to take out that Kash box and increase the KStars reward for players who own all the TBs. I know I’m far from getting there. It’s just painful to see ppl spent a lot to get all the TBs but end up with less rewards.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @Syndra x Glad my post helped you with your picks :)
    Syndra x said:

I did what @SugarK said about buying boxes first before opening the free box and yes I watched it closely and I saw I only spent a total of 65 kstars only. (1st box-30kstars, 2nd box-35kstars, then my free box) 😊 Thank you for this tip @SugarK! I also got pretty decent items from this palette. 😊😍💖

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    So to do the Kollection method for gift boxes costs 350 stars for 7 boxes plus your freebie box. Our regular gif boxes would cost 280 to buy 7 boxes .......um I definitely prefer the regular giftboxes over Kollections! Plus I would rather choose my own boxes, even though I stink at it lol. That’s my feedback for this new feature.

the 5Star Kollection consisting of the 4 Event items and 4 TB prizes costs 350 After the 1st free box. Hope this helps, and takes a little sting out of it for some.

• SummermoonsSummermoons Registered Users 19 Posts

Here's my palette: I won the lovely flowery dress in my free box and I paid to open another and got the GB top. For someone who didn't have much time to complete the weekday event to get Throwback boxes, I actually like this change of style as I would be able to get TB boxes now instead of getting kash or energy which is a better bergain imo. 
    Hi! My doll is called ☆Nessa
    Playing on Android. Add me on Facebook!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    SugarK said:

So to do the Kollection method for gift boxes costs 350 stars for 7 boxes plus your freebie box. Our regular gif boxes would cost 280 to buy 7 boxes .......um I definitely prefer the regular giftboxes over Kollections! Plus I would rather choose my own boxes, even though I stink at it lol. That’s my feedback for this new feature.

True, but you're limited in the number of GB boxes you can open per palette and sometimes your palette doesn't even contain all the items. When I was chasing the hair a few weeks ago I spent almost 600 stars.

I can see both sides though. I still say that I'd rather have an item (even one I don't like) vs kash or energy. I also think @HollySisk's argument for those who have almost all the TB items is a good point.

• SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I really like this type of event and don't get why there's this much dislike.

I think paying 350 for 8 event items of which 4 are new is actually a great price! Pick 8 items for kstars from the wardrobe and you might pay more. 
    The gb's have been pretty awful lately, with little to no (!) gb items in the palettes and the daily box items in the palettes. 

So I'd rather be guaranteed an item. I don't normally buy gb's because I have to spend so much kstars to get an item but if I'd like the items in the gb this week I'd fork over 350 (max, you could be lucky and spend less). I've spend way way way more kstars at the times I'd really wanted an item. 

So glu please do this again! But maybe do change something for players who already have all the tb items. I'd say more kstars or something else in the boxes (or newer tb items?). 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    It’s nice when Glu tries different types of events and options.! And this one is so much better than the first time they introduced this kind of event. I just wish that with all these limited time kollections, we would have more events where we would get a k-star for every finished gig, cause I can’t afford to open/buy almost anything anymore cause the game is getting really expensive.
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    See? People can't stand the old items from the tb boxes anymore. Update it, Glu!
    Update!!!!
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's my palette:

My free box was the item I wanted MOST out of the palette--this top (and its matching skirt) were from a VIP event that I didn't have the stars to complete, so they've kind of been "the ones that got away." To win the top was very exciting!

Getting the thing I wanted most, I had to decide if I wanted to try another. The reason I ultimately did: a TB box during the week costs 60 k-stars, and this would be 35. If I got another TB item, even one I wasn't excited about, it would still be a pretty good deal compared to that, and would get me closer to getting better TB items (and better than kash or event points). And if I got a GB item (even though I'm not super excited about those this week), I would get bonus event points to finish it faster plus a new item. So I did that and got the GB top, which is pretty cute, if not exactly unique.

I think this is an interesting experiment, and I agree with the poster above who said they would be okay seeing this occasionally, but not every week, especially if it's improved for those players who have all the TB items already (they're clearly devoted! don't punish them for that!). This event is great for players who have many TB items but not all, because they'll be getting better TB items in their palettes (fewer shoes and accessories, which come first). Glu needs to make that more random, too--TB hairs should show up in TB palettes before we get to the end.

Hearing the whole Kollection costs 350 is kind of nice. I've definitely spent more than that chasing an item, but ended up with a bunch of kash and event points along the way. This way, you'd get TB items and GB items, too, and none of the junk. After a chase, I usually feel gross, even when I eventually get the item. This way, I could go in knowing what my final "spend" would be, and could decide if I wanted to commit to that to get a specific item or two.

The average cost per item for this kollection is just 43.75 k-stars, just a little over the 40 the GB boxes usually cost, and you can get daily box items in those! or kash! It sounds like this week's GB items weren't super exciting to many folks. I think a week where the items are great would be a good test, to see if the event goes over better.

The Kollections seem rigged because the chances of getting the "good" items are lower. But sometimes our GB palettes don't even have the good items in there at all! Also, keep in mind that Glu doesn't necessarily pre-program for each game what is in each GB box. You may not really be getting your choice in the old system, either, but it feel that way when you pick a box (whereas Kollections feel more out of your control, like Glu is picking your box). It could be the same underlying mechanics, though--that the game gives you a prize that is somewhat randomized but based on an algorithm, i.e., it's going to be easier to get certain items, harder to get others.

I did't mean to write such a long post! Also, I'm super excited for Everly to meet @KalindaKing in the game! Something to look forward to!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts
    Here's my pallette got the hair in free box decided to go after another GB item really wanted the skirt but got the gold bracelet instead
    Mia Collins
    Daily iOS KKH Player Since January “16
    Level 61
    https://www.facebook.com/MiaKathCollins