KK:H Weekend Event 8/24/18 - Another Weekend in Rio!!!

Comments

• stirfryedshanastirfryedshana Registered Users, Member 418 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Honestly I’m confused why people don’t like this method? Event gift boxes were HORRIBLE before. This ensures we actually get a chance at event items and Tb items and you know exactly what you’re playing for? Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t understand the downside to this.

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Although TB items are nice, they do not give you event points. If you aren’t lucky enough to “win”any of the 4 event items there will be smaller bonus points per gig. It doesn’t matter much for 5star professional events, but if there were no extra bonus points during a party or dating event think how hard it would be to finish the event! Not to mention there are no options to win kstars in these kollections gift boxes. We already have new Kollections almost every week it seems, plus we still have old ones to work on, I don’t care for Kollections being our new way of winning giftboxes for every event. Once in a while, maybe, but not every weekend.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Maybe they chose this type of event, because it is much less stressful than dating or parties. Just a thought.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don’t know the odds but haven’t your chances of getting an event item increased now? Before you had no guarantee of getting one regardless of stars spent bc boxes were random and the other stuff in them was useless. Now chaseables are actually worthwhile.  
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Here’s Dixie in the TB shoes and GB bracelets. I tried to add her friends but none are wearing formal gowns.

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Holly, she looks lovely. That dress has always been a showstopper. <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I think the gift box change is interesting. The only thing I dislike about Kollections, and in turn, this event, is that I feel like they are rigged. I feel like they are programmed to give us the items in a certain order which isn’t fair. 

@Savagekkh won the purple shoes on the bottom left in her free box and I got that box chosen for me, too. Coincidence? Maybe. But any time I’ve ever tried in any of the other kollections, I’ve never won the ‘kollection’ exclusives on the first try, which leads me to believe luck has nothing to do with it. 
    Daily iOS KKH player
    Normally I would agree with the kollections being rigged, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive the hair and then the top right off the bat. I think they’re still rigged to an extent and I do wish they were truly random though.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    It's hit or miss with me. The first time I tried the kollections I got an item the first try. The next three times I think I got energy so for a while I wouldn't try them again. Then we had a VIP weekend and I just wanted something cheap for the first GB and I got an item for the first box of the kollection I picked. So... I have no idea. For me it boils down to if I'm spending k-stars then I want an item. At least this setup guarantees that. 

@SugarK also has a good point about bonus points, although if you didn't get a GB item before you'd be in the same boat. Maybe if you were guaranteed one of the event items for your first box?
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    edited August 2018

My palette. My second box was the yellow TB dress. My third box was the GB top. My fourth box was the GB hair. I still haven’t gotten to my free box yet (intentionally). So far I’ve spent 150 k stars. I can’t complain too much with my items. I will say that I would like the option of picking my box, but everything else about this type of event I personally like. Like I said before, though, I recognize that I got lucky with the TBs that my game gave me, as they are all dresses, with no shoes/accessories. Make the palette like mine with the good items, and I bet people would be more likely to participate. ;) and for the ones that have all TBs available, up the k stars in their boxes! It’s not really fair to pay 30+ k stars for just a chance at 20 k stars. Don’t punish them for their loyalty to the game!

Edit: lol just discovered this dress and the earrings I’m wearing with it are from the same event. I had no idea! 😂

I do agree that for the people that already have tb items maybe up the stars a little. I’m a relatively new player so that doesn’t affect me but it would be more fair for older players.
  • jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    I didn’t get that green bracelet! Whoooo!!!
    I’m more excited about dodging that than winning the skirt. I like being able to see all of the items and having the option to chase (remember the disappointment of getting the most basic thing in your box and then it showed a palette with an item you wanted but it’s too late?) more tb hair and dresses would be AWESOME as I’ve missed a good year and a half of events.
    OH.. does anyone know when that tb dress is from? 

iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    edited August 2018
    personally speaking, i prefer this method. why? because the original event boxes suck a**. sure, the kollection boxes *might* be rigged to incentivize players to pay kstars to keep playing, but the fact that i get an item guaranteed, regardless of whether or not i decide to keep playing, is fantastic. i really dislike wasting over 120 kstars only to see all my tiles being either cash or energy. at least with this type of gamble i can gauge my options and decide whether or not i should go for it instead of blindly going in and praying i get an event item, if there is even one there to begin with lmao.

edit to add: and this is coming from someone who doesn't really have cool tbt items in her kollection, but i'm still taking them over 30 energy or 4000 kash.
    also, if the whole kollection is 350kstars, that's around the same amount a VIP event costs, except you get 4 extra items, which means the price is the same, but the value of your loot increases.

♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Has anyone tried the Out Of The Blue Kollection? Just curious how much it was and did you get the outfit/hair last?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts

...I’m completely speechless. 
    Just... WHY?!
    😭
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited August 2018

A follow-up so I could post this ridiculous dress. 

My dolls face face says it all. 

I’ll be sulking in one of the 5,000 rooms in Bel Air if any of you need me.
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Here’s my box. Wasn’t too impressed with the “GB” on offer this weekend. That hairstyle especially looks terrible to me. Opened one plus my free hoping for the black top or the TB dress.

I opened the Limited Kollection to see if the odds had been re-readjusted with this new system. Glad I kept on. Think I’ll leave it at that.

Please Glu, may we get a fix on that Limited Kollection hair. And while we’re on the topic of fixing, could we get a fix too on this feature update hair. Its lovely but that bald spot on top of her head ruined it. I was going to buy this hair but won’t until it has been fixed.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    My doll met with @haftime ‘s Everly, @KaylaJ and @kokokokonut ‘s AppleP in Rio de Janeiro. 
    Love to see the different styling of the same skirt!!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

Well, so much for the conspiracy theory that Vivian Vandeermeer is actually Kalinda. Jk. Jk. 

And Is this foreshadowing we will be seeing Kalinda King in the future? Love it ❤️ 💕 ❤️! 

PS. I was weak. Seeing the dolls rocking the GB skirt, I opened another box and I got the skirt! 
    IOS Player 
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    HollySisk said:

Here’s Dixie in the TB shoes and GB bracelets. I tried to add her friends but none are wearing formal gowns.

That dress has always confused me so much. Like why is it grey on the inside?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I don't hate or love the new collection/gift box experiment. Both have their pros and cons.

What I do miss is picking my own boxes though. So maybe do this same Kollection type event where you show what we are playing for at the opening for a couple of seconds but then wrap them up in a gift box and randomize them. Like a match game sorta. With the gift boxes lessening as the picks go.

I also miss the chance at 40 k stars. I think the older players with longevity/loyalty should be starting with 40 k stars. And maybe randomly instead of one TB item, we get a chance at the k stars back.

Those are the two things I would want improved/amended.
    Platform: Amazon
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    The only thing that bugs me about this is the price increasing by 5 K-Stars after opening the free box. It has stopped me from buying another box. It is a small amount, but as someone who doesn't want to spend all my real money savings on a game (but does occasionally buy), it is very hard to earn those 5 Stars in a game. Like, I had to do 15 frickin reality shows in Mykonos, or 25 dates with random NPC's to get just 5 Stars. With new kollections every week, more expensive pets than before, SYS just once every two months, no new offers and no more double K-Stars for watching videos every once in a while, no new achievements, no new businesses... it's getting harder and harder to earn those stars. And it's getting overwhelming. (So it just took those 5 Stars to put me on this rant..) It's only honest players left, so please try not to make it so hard for us to earn those K-Stars.
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    KaylaJ said:

Has anyone tried the Out Of The Blue Kollection? Just curious how much it was and did you get the outfit/hair last?

I have it one shot and got the skirt :P
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    Good morning Dolls. I love the reactions to our very own Glu Goddess in the game? OMG, and this is just me wildly wishing things.....I would trade my wish for a Harley or other sleek looking chopper if Kalinda became a VIP in the game.
    Just let that sink in. I'd gladly give up all mention of wanting a bike in the game, if we could gig and party with our Glu Goddess on the VIP tab of contacts. Now that's saying something.

Ok, who just went and checked the VIP tab of the contacts to see if she was already there? Come on, somebody did.

Anyway, good morning, I was thrilled to see her in my game, and if you could have seen me. There I am tap tap tap, invite a guest, tap tap tap, oh here's a speech bubble with a doll. (for a second I thought it was Vivienne again just a second) and then tap OMG. It's Kalinda. And she's in the game and talking to us! (personally I think she left off the crown because she's traveling incognito) So, what was your Kalinda moment like?
    As far as the format of the event, I really liked the opportunity to knock off a month's worth of TB boxes. And one of my games got 3 pair of shoes and an awesome dress. I honestly didn't mind, because I pictured myself working Monday, tues, wed, and then Thursday getting to a TB box and .....getting shoes. Imagine that happening 3 weeks in a row. But, I feel by getting them yesterday, amid the other prizes cleared the path for more dresses and hair from my TB box each weekday event. At least that's the way I looked at it. And from what I can tell, I probably have all the black shoes in the game now. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    Wow @Angeline & Jon I love how you styled the Jumpsuit you earned! So fab!
    And @LindaVB congratulations on winning the skirt!!!
    LindaVB said: 
    My doll met with @haftime ‘s Everly, @KaylaJ and @kokokokonut ‘s AppleP in Rio de Janeiro. 
    Love to see the different styling of the same skirt!!!

I'm totally drooling right now
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, @Danizzle 😀
    It’s a nice touch to see our Glu Moderator in the game. Can we see @eggsandbananas , too? 😊
    We should have a super power VIP in the game, spend some Kash to hire this special VIP and each time we invite him/ her, the weekend 6hr gig becomes 3hr gig. I’m so tired of spending so much energy bolts to do weekend 6hr gigs. 😝

I want to friend @KalindaKing on FB not just have her as one of the VIP characters in the game.
    VIPs don’t change clothes, no fun. Kalinda, you didn’t put your platform information in your signature but I know we are on the same platform (wink wink) ... following you closely on the forum ... you mentioned purchasing iTunes cards! hehe ... 😉
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    I was much more excited about meeting @KalindaKing in the game than when I met  'the Queen' or Karl Lagerfield or whoever!
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm so excited to be in the game. Now I'm KKHOfficially famous! ;)
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I'm so excited to be in the game. Now I'm KKHOfficially famous! ;)
    If only we could keep you in our respective games! It may be as V.I.P as @kokokokonut suggested, it would be so cool!!!