KK:H Weekend Event 8/24/18 - Another Weekend in Rio!!!

Comments

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Right back at ya, Kalinda! 🤗

My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I just got the top and i think ill stop at it!
    I love the top and skirt but not crazy over the hair with a hat :P
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts

Good morning everyone, it's been an emotional rollercoaster coaster for me this morning. I woke up and started the game and got the dreaded "multiple devices" error, even though I don't play on multiple devices or share my game. My heart sank, and I felt sick to my stomach thinking of all the money I have poured into the game in the last month. I waited about a minute for the error to go away and it didn't, so I restarted my phone. Thank goodness that seemed to have helped and I got into my game.

Unfortunately my progress was not where I'd left it before bed. My doll was standing in Las Vegas even though I purposely left her in Miami so I could complete the weekend goal first thing. I was still in the middle of a task I'd already finished at JBN, and my date timer was back even though I met my husband at Oak and completed a 2 hour date before bed last night.

After wasting a full energy bar finishing the JBN gig and going on a date, I went around the world collecting energy from all my pets. I then met @KalindaKing at Lif which was very cool to see!

I loved that we got a huge amount of bonus event points when you leave the Lif gig, I think an additional 50? It was enough to earn my doll the hair, AND that made me level up in the "To Dye For" achievement, which awarded me 10 K-stars! 

***Fingers crossed my game is ok and this was just a one-time glitch.***
    iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @AliBryant Oh no! I'm going to PM you.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • GuikkhGuikkh Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    What a pity, @AliBryant. I still have my game installed with hope that the bug will be corrected.  :'(
  • Glamazon80Glamazon80 Registered Users 4 Posts
    lubby said:
    Kollections are a scam to me so I hate that this happened. I hope they don’t continue in this direction 

• Glamazon80Glamazon80 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I agree. My game won't even let me play the Kollections (I press play and nothing happens), and I was cheated out of picking a box after getting 25 stars for a five-star gig! 
  • SystemSystem Registered Users 158 Posts
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 👗KK:H Fashion Runway - 8/24/18 5✯ Katwalk - Kollections with a twist.
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I was about to be like "why doesn't this weekend storyline involve any conversations with anyone?" but Kalinda showing up at the end made up for all that 😍

Missed the crown though!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    While I am truly looking forward to a gig just so Dixie can meet Kalinda, I am really disappointed in her outfit. Kalinda needs a tiara!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    @stirfryedshana I understand why newer players like the new combination of GB & TB but for a player like me, it doesn’t work. I’ve played KKHfor years and only have a few TB items available. Now, instead of earning TB boxes during the week, I have to pay for a chance at GB items with equal odds that I’m going to get a TB box. Thanks to this new system I will be done with TB boxes quite soon and then my “prize” is 20 Kstars. Yep, although Glu charges 60 Kstars to buy a TB box, they only give out 20kstars in lieu of a TB item prize. In addition to my frustration over that issue, it seems that most people are getting the least desirable items on their pallette as their “free” pick.
    @skevans I know it sucks for you but my goodness did I get a great laugh over your TB “prize.”
    @klena Now I can’t unsee the bald!
    @daffodil Now I can’t unsee the gray!
    @KaylaJ I haven’t completed the limited time Kollection but i have opened four boxes. I borrowed Klena’s idea and numbered them for you so it’s easy to tell the order I opened them.

Here’s a picture of a few dolls wearing items from the Out of the Blue kollection.
    @yezx in the white top
    Dixie in the blue thigh high boots (except I stumbled upon a glitch that cut them off at knee but allowed pants}
    @klena in the hair style

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I had no inkling of it so when I saw her, I was sooooo confused for a minute. I love seeing her in the game. I wish we could make it permanent. If you agree.......join the hashtag? But first, post what it was like when you met her in game. Were you expecting it?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, I am going to do a hangout with Kim tonight, on the 2xdevices that haven’t met Kalinda yet. Guess who I’m inviting to the gig. Yup, I’ll have screenshots if Kim and Kalinda in the same screen. Won’t that be fun?
    So, someone remind me in the morning? Omg, sleepover means breakfast. I’m going to be soooooooo busy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @klena @HollySisk I could kiss y'all!!!! This is why I love this forum, without you guys I may not have played the Kollection thinking it was rigged for the outfit to be last. I had no problem getting it 4th or 5th since I liked the hair so I went for it and

Brb gonna go fight crime!!

Also, just got enough for the weekend top and now I need to save some energy to meet Kalinda later!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    HollySisk said:

While I am truly looking forward to a gig just so Dixie can meet Kalinda, I am really disappointed in her outfit. Kalinda needs a tiara!!!

hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but we can all wear tiara's only royalty can wear a crown. :) just teasing, but Krown, no krown, I'm dropping the harley right on my foot, the drum I beat now is
    #VIPKalinda
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    It's really cool Kalinda showed up in the game! I'm almost done with the event and I enjoyed it. About this format - I like it, but I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing, as I don't have that much kstars to spend every weekend. 
    There are pros and cons with both formats and everything is already said in the thread, so I won't repeat. 
    I think it's nice of Glu to take our opinion into consideration and take out cash and energy rewards and give us tb items instead. Thanks Glu, I appreciate it! 
    However, I do 100% agree that people who have all tb items should get more than 20Kstars. The only fair amount would be 60Kstars. As it has already been said: please don't punish the players who played hard for years and finished so many events.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I wish I could know why they don't want to REALLY update the throwback boxes. Yes, I'll keep talking about this, it's something that Glu have to understand. Some people spend K-stars to get a pair of ugly shoes or a tacky necklace or something worse. I don't see why new players can't have a chance to win good items and WHY the old players have to deal with boxes with 20 k-stars instead of TB items from 2017, for example. This game is very expensive, for everyone! So I think we deserve better things/offers.
    We should make a petition to show Glu how much we want newer TBE items. Please, like my comment to show them!
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts

I wish I could know why they don't want to REALLY update the throwback boxes. Yes, I'll keep talking about this, it's something that Glu have to understand. Some people spend K-stars to get a pair of ugly shoes or a tacky necklace or something worse. I don't see why new players can't have a chance to win good items and WHY the old players have to deal with boxes with 20 k-stars instead of TB items from 2017, for examble.
    We should make a petition to show Glu how much we want newer TBE items. Please, like my comment to show them!

I totally agree, the TB boxes need updating. I took a two year break from playing and the TB boxes are seemingly mostly items I was around for! I think this event could be greatly improved by updating items, plus increasing the amount of stars people who have all the TB items get.
    iOS
  • AidetteAidette Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I wish I could know why they don't want to REALLY update the throwback boxes. Yes, I'll keep talking about this, it's something that Glu have to understand. Some people spend K-stars to get a pair of ugly shoes or a tacky necklace or something worse. I don't see why new players can't have a chance to win good items and WHY the old players have to deal with boxes with 20 k-stars instead of TB items from 2017, for examble. We should make a petition to show Glu how much we want newer TBE items. Please, like my comment to show them! 
  • AidetteAidette Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I absolutely agree! I started playing around late 2014, but I would have continuously delete and install the game over and over again because the device I used to play my game on would keep running out of storage. I really hope that they update these throwback boxes soon.
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts

Kalinda, you look amazing! I still have to do 2 reality shows for the earnable hairstyle, so I'm just gonna relax in bath until my energy is full again 
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Ever since I had my wrist surgery it has been so hard to play  :/ My fingers are so swollen and my arm gets so tired from even using my phone. I was thinking that this month I would have nothing to do and could play play play but I haven’t finished an event all month. I’m really trying with this one!! But as long as I get to the top I’ll be happy. 
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    edited August 2018
     This was cool, I hope we see kalinda in game more often.
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

• Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    I think I found my new favorite look😍
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
    edited August 2018
    I think @SugarK and @klena look like theyre auditioning to be sexy warriors in some futuristic movie OR they are flight attendants. LOL.
    All of these dolls are wearing items from the Out of the Blue Kollection

Kate, Dixie, Kate DeMille

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    can't believe i just spent my saturday night partying with @KalindaKing at my favorite KKH club!!!!

Ever since I had my wrist surgery it has been so hard to play  :/ My fingers are so swollen and my arm gets so tired from even using my phone. I was thinking that this month I would have nothing to do and could play play play but I haven’t finished an event all month. I’m really trying with this one!! But as long as I get to the top I’ll be happy. 

Wow I hope you feel better soon. When was a the surgery? Maybe you're at the brink of more rapid recovery? Sending good vibes your way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LOL @HollySisk we look great! I still lust after the silver bag that Dixie is holding!!!!!!!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @lauradavis hope your wrist is feeling better soon! We miss you on the forum
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Really enjoyed seeing Kalinda in the game! Would be fun if she also called to give quests etc hehe