KK:H WeekDay Event - 8/27/18 Can you believe who we met?

Comments

• Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Sometimes if you wait for a bit, or turn the screen off and on the Watch Video option reappears.
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    Usually when I open the daily box right away I don't have the option to watch a video, so I learned to wait and tap a little. After that the video option always appears

My tb was a purse that looks like a book. I better have an amazing luck next week lol
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    SugarK said:

Is anyone else having an issue with not seeing your friends names in the contact list? The dolls are there but it either says friend instead of a name or the name is blank :(

I have had that happen a few times with 1 or 2 dolls. . Mine either got their names back or dropped off. I think they just resolved and show names now. Do you recognize the dolls without names? It’s only happened with my iOS game.. how many are there like this?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Thanks @kokokokonut it seems to have fixed itself and the names are showing now :) I was waiting, but it was like that for 2 days so I thought I’d ask. It was all my fb friends, my old game centre friends were all showing though lol. Anyways, good to go again! YAY!

SugarK said:

Is anyone else having an issue with not seeing your friends names in the contact list? The dolls are there but it either says friend instead of a name or the name is blank :(

I have had that happen a few times with 1 or 2 dolls. . Mine either got their names back or dropped off. I think they just resolved and show names now. Do you recognize the dolls without names? It’s only happened with my iOS game.. how many are there like this?
  • alexiaKKHalexiaKKH Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    edited August 2018
    So... my first box was cash, as always, then my second box made me think I might have luck this time! 😜

But then I got this lousy third box, as I'm used to... 😓

Then I reached my TB box and picked these ugly glasses, but after seeing your boxes full of beautiful items (this yellow dress! 😍) I tested my luck and spent 60 kstars for... those awful earrings 😫💔😭

I was initially against this change about merging throwback items & kollections but after this, I'm welcoming it, at least we get to see what we might win... Have I known the content of my TB boxes, I would never have spent 60 kstars for it... I'd like to say this is the last TB event I'm doing but I'm always saying that and do them anyway! 😂
    This game is too addictive for my own good! 😂🤣❤️
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    @alexiaKKH oh those earring are actually nice! My doll wears them a lot. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    @klena Dixie @jordinkkh are enjoying a day in Rio

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • KatyaKatya Registered Users, Member 795 Posts
    At least I had a lot of luck with my kollection 💞💞
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    Just realised the Kollection will be gone, so decided to participate:

iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @HollySisk I checked with the team and it sounds like you may be out of videos to watch. It's up to you, but perhaps you could try watching fewer videos for currency rewards and then maybe you'll be able to watch videos for gift boxes.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    So I said earlier this week I’d stop at the gold box...but I couldn’t resist (and lucky for that!)
    The extra 25k spend on dates was worth it - this animal print dress is bang on trend and right up my street! 😍
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    t_tree said:

My female game hasn’t been able to watch a video to open another box in what feels like ages. My male game has, though. I’m thinking it might have to do with whether or not you’ve paid for k stars? That’s the only reason I’ve come up with. I’ve paid for several packs of k stars on my female account, but not any on my male account yet. Additionally, my male account can watch like 20 videos for free k stars, whereas my female account can only watch 5. I just assumed that once you get suckered into buying k stars, the free stuff gets cut back significantly lol

Finally someone noticed this issue. This has been bothering me for so long. I know most players won’t notice this videos drop from 20 to 5, once you make any kind of purchases in the game (including the VIP trial), because most players seem to buy a small pack of KStars or SMC early in the game play.

I know Glu won’t be happy to see me talk about this, I have been privately contacting Glu support, asking them to put the 20 videos back for the players who have spent $ in the game since 2016 but they refuse to do it. It’s not my intention to step in the way and influence other players’ decision to spend $ in the game or not. I want to support the game I enjoy playing and see it to be successful. But, when players are been treated unfairly, being punished by supporting the company, I have to advocate for player’s rights. Customers should have the right to know before they make their decision of putting $ into a game. Yes, it’s true that if you don’t spend $, you can’t get the SMCs, VIP subscription items, you will have ads popping up during game play, but you have 15 more free KStars to earn per day.

I tested it with 5 of my devices (both Android and iOS) myself with the same result, coincidence? I think not. Glu should really hire me. 😂 Recently, starting around 2 updates ago, I started to experience the video play back error when watching ads for KStars, (I started a thread in the support forum). Watching videos to open the second daily gift box has also been an issue on and off. I really hope that Glu is not trying to mess with the videos.

#DontPunishPayCustomersPutBack20Ads4Kstars
    Somebody helps to make this # shorter?

@HollySisk I checked with the team and it sounds like you may be out of videos to watch. It's up to you, but perhaps you could try watching fewer videos for currency rewards and then maybe you'll be able to watch videos for gift boxes.

That probably explains it. Because Glu limited the pay customers to have fewer videos to watch for KStar rewards.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    It actually doesn't explain it, I barely watch those vids and still I can't open a second daily box...
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    #20AdsForPayingCustomersToo ? or just #20Ads
    If it's true, this is one of the shadiest things glu has done.
    Like @yezx , I don’t watch a ton of videos. I’ll forget many days and/or my iPad will be set up to allow purchases which means I get zero videos to watch. I definitely do not watch 5 videos, 7 days a week so I truly don’t understand how I could be out of videos for my daily gift box.

I also agree with @Angeline & Jon that it truly stinks that Glu only lets those of who have made real money purchases to play 5 videos a day. I have spent thousands on this game and yet Glu limits my ability to watch videos. I do think this is part of a larger problem where KKH does not value long time players. There should be higher achievements, more celebrity perks, we should have new items in the closet when we level up, etc.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    The punishment for paying customers that @Angeline & Jon mentions is indeed absurd and ridiculous (and poor business practice). I noticed it too and talked about it before on the forum as well as with Glu Customer Support. I had hoped with the new ad provider a few months back it would be resolved, but instead we just don't get double stars for ads anymore, just offers. TBH, Glu being stingier with stars just makes me stingier overall.

But anyway, here's how I did this week-- my gold box palette was another sad one. I had a 50% chance to get kash, and I did.

There were a couple pretty dresses in my TB palette, but I got some shades:

I don't hate the shades, but they do seem too narrow for Everly's face. They look better with her hair up, as I've done with the modelling shot below, but with her hair down it's really obvious that the glasses don't even cover her eye (you can kind of see it below, in how much of her lashes hang out).

My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    HollySisk said:

There should be higher achievements, more celebrity perks, we should have new items in the closet when we level up, etc.

I know right, I was totally excited to level up to 46 this weekend until I looked and saw it will only unlock ONE SINGLE ITEM! And it looks like that's how it is going to be for every level thereafter. They should start putting some of the old VIP or throwback items to unlock at higher levels. I'm maxed out on so many achievements as well. That's gotta be the easiest thing to remedy, I hope they consider upping achievements in the next update.

On the videos thing, I have noticed that I seem to get 5 a day total. If I use them on rapid recharge, then I won't get to watch videos for k-stars, it will say none are available :(
    iOS
    I finally got to the throwback box. I opened this skirt.

@miacollins Dixie @webra @judithkkh are enjoying a beautiful day at a wedding

Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited August 2018

Love this dress so went to Vegas to continue my winning streak. Unfortunately it looks like I had too good of a time and peed myself
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    Sooo frustrated by this lol brb gonna try to not pull my hair out 
  • kristiazdkristiazd Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I second, third and fourth the videos thing - it’s been getting worse for me lately. I can’t get a second gift box, it “glitches” when I want to get the 20% energy boost, and I’ll go days before I can watch a video for K Stars. I don’t buy K Star packs, but I have bought several SMC looks in the last two months. I’ve been playing Covet Fashion since it started - and they also pump the money out of you if you want to get anywhere, but I can watch unlimited videos on that app at least. This app makes A TON OF MONEY. They aren’t hurting. Just let me watch a damn video for a star, man! You’re getting thousands for that ad view! UGH.

I got on here to vent that for the second event in a row, I have missed a box by a narrow margin. Last time I missed the gold box by ONE STAR - and I just missed the TB box by a measly 30 or so. Irritates the crap out of me, since I spent a fortune in KStars and Kash to try and finish it. 😡😡😡
  • NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    So I've genuinely been confused by all the recent mentions of videos. I've never once seen a video option anywhere since I've played the game. But I went and looked around to double check and I definitely couldn't find a watch video options.

So how do videos work? You guys get ways to earn free k stars? Do all platforms get them, obviously besides Amazon?

We've get like that list of actions for free stars but none are watch videos. I would totally watch videos for rewards, even just energy.
    Platform: Amazon
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    edited August 2018
    AliBryant said:

HollySisk said:

There should be higher achievements, more celebrity perks, we should have new items in the closet when we level up, etc.

I know right, I was totally excited to level up to 46 this weekend until I looked and saw it will only unlock ONE SINGLE ITEM! And it looks like that's how it is going to be for every level thereafter. They should start putting some of the old VIP or throwback items to unlock at higher levels. I'm maxed out on so many achievements as well. That's gotta be the easiest thing to remedy, I hope they consider upping achievements in the next update.

On the videos thing, I have noticed that I seem to get 5 a day total. If I use them on rapid recharge, then I won't get to watch videos for k-stars, it will say none are available :(
    That's actually a great idea I'd love for them to put TB items to unlock at a higher level. I'm 53 there aren't any more items to unlock at all. I have most of the achievements maxed out and only 1-3 quests at a time (if there's no update or weekend then I have 0 quests).
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    @Nayaritism Unfortunately, Amazon and Facebook don't get them offers, only Android and iPhone. It irritates me as well, I play on FB, we could never watch videos for kstars, or for opening another daily box, or had rapid recharge.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I have been putting of buying smc's or star packs because of the video thing.

The only thing I fear is that by bringing it up glu will make the video situation the same for everyone--that no one can watch more than 5 vids a day.. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    edited August 2018
    I thought of that too. I refuse to put $ into one of my games for the same reason. If they chose to go that route, I’m done with the game.
    It’s not like giving us more videos to watch, we would stop spending $. Instead, if Glu is fair and generous to us, players would also want to support the game more, want to see the game be more successful, so that we can enjoy the game for a longer time. It’s mutual. I’m sure when players click on ads, that also generates revenue for Glu. It’s the feeling of being lured into spending $, not knowing the fact that we would have less game currency to earn daily. Instead of being treated like a valuable customer, we get less benefits by being a loyal customer. It’s bad business.

The number of videos we can watch daily is obviously fixed and controlled by the developers. Non pay customers 20 videos, pay customers, 5. Telling customers that it’s totally up to the advertisers is just not true. Not to mention there were cases that pay customers lost watching video feature after making a purchase and had to turn off the purchase setting or uninstall then reinstall the game to bring it back (my own experience). I should have stopped playing the game back then but I had high hopes that it was a mistake and Glu would change it back. The more I learn how Glu does business, sneakily taking away good features ... we no longer have double KStar videos to watch, the wine incident, everything is getting more and more expensive, now I have a bad feeling that they are messing with the daily videos/ second daily gb too, the less hope I have. I’m here to enjoy the game, not to be treated unfairly and feel terrible. Life is tough enough. I hope Glu not only listen to their customers also do something to make their customers happy and feel valued. It’s a win-win.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    It also matters in which country you are.
    For the longest time I could only get 1 video a week (!). Poor Greece... Now it's 5. The richer the country, the more videos you get to watch. Found that out traveling. My hubby said he will send me on vacation to earn kstars lol.
    Android
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    edited September 2018
    So I've genuinely been confused by all the recent mentions of videos. I've never once seen a video option anywhere since I've played the game. But I went and looked around to double check and I definitely couldn't find a watch video options. So how do videos work? You guys get ways to earn free k stars? Do all platforms get them, obviously besides Amazon? We've get like that list of actions for free stars but none are watch videos. I would totally watch videos for rewards, even just energy.
    I have been playing this game for 3 years on Amazon. At the beginning  I was getting maybe 5 videos a day for kstars but I have not been getting them for a very long time. I have not been able to open boxes with videos and  I have never gotten rapid recharge either. I do believe this is controlled by the developers because I have other games I have played that I can watch several videos a day whether I have made purchases or not.

It also matters in which country you are.
    For the longest time I could only get 1 video a week (!). Poor Greece... Now it's 5. The richer the country, the more videos you get to watch. Found that out traveling. My hubby said he will send me on vacation to earn kstars lol.

I know bringing this topic up could make some players feel bad, players who have already spent $ in the game, in a different location, or play on a different platform. I’m not trying to bring everyone down to the same. Player A in Europe can only get 1 video a day, doesn’t mean that all players in the whole world should be limited to getting only 1. I know it also has to do with player’s location. I’m comparing it in the same location. The developers shouldn’t limit their pay customers to have less benefits excluding the location factor.
    I had this conversation with @Naimonster (by the way, where is she? Miss you, girl). She lives near my home country and she told me that she barely has any videos to watch. So I said I will probably not going back to my home country any time soon. I actually haven’t but obviously not just because of the game. 😂 Are our countries poor?! 🤔 Come visit U.S. @Rumpelstilzchen 😉
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Tomorrow morning I will travel to a country where I can get 25 videos a day! @Angeline & Jon
    I am hesitant to say which one, I am afraid it won't work anymore if I say it out loud...
    My kstar vacation 😏
    Android