Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Every time I get a 'they haven't been seen in a while' notification after going on a date I drop at least a million fans, usually 1,5 million. And I'm not nearly at the top. I just hit #1 after doing my second comeback, but nowhere near max fan count. It annoys me. Why drop down 1-1,5 million? That's excessive. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm thinking it's such high jumps because of the increase in fan count with updates. Remember when max was less than 1 billion? The game is competing you with the same number of NPC accounts but it's more spread out so it's going to take a lot longer to get to the top. As far as the top couple, it makes zero sense. I especially hate when you lose fans because of a dating tweet about someone else!
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Except on SYS events - I hate event points!!
    Many times I open giftboxes after the event finishes. Event points are a slap in the face, a hit in the stomach. A nothing.
    Getting kash - I become richer. Getting energy - very disappointing, but at least I can use it to do a gig. But event points??
    Good for nothing.
    Android
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I just read that the TB boxes were updated.
    This is really bad news for me. I had just reached the point where the first hairstyles appear in my boxes. 

I realize that many people are happy to get items instead of 20 kstars now, and that is great.

But for me it is a huge disappointment! Already waited 2 ½ years to see hair, and now I probably never will. 
    So disappointed!  
    Android
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I agree @Rumpelstilzchen or at least the algorithm need to be changed to make the boxes more random giving everyone a fair chance to get hairstyles!!!!!

I just read that the TB boxes were updated.
    This is really bad news for me. I had just reached the point where the first hairstyles appear in my boxes. 

I realize that many people are happy to get items instead of 20 kstars now, and that is great.

But for me it is a huge disappointment! Already waited 2 ½ years to see hair, and now I probably never will. 
    So disappointed!  

• Options
    Sorry for your bad luck Koko. I hate the feeling of when it rains, it pours. Like I can handle one thing going wrong, it's when the rest of the things start piling on and you just need a freaking break. 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    lol thank you @soundspretty I feel human again.   The tree people did show yesterday, and years of growth are gone! I am the happiest tree lover in the world.  ;).  My fridge?  We wait.  
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    We're getting ready to replace our carpet with hardwood and I am DREADING it. When we remodeled our kitchen a couple years ago it was the hardest thing. My thought was no kitchen = no cooking this is going to be awesome, but you don't realize how many little things you actually do in the kitchen. I had to wash coffee cups in the bathroom sink. And this happened a week before Thanksgiving, when my MIL decided I should bring dishes requiring an oven knowing good and well that all my cabinets and everything had been ripped out. I'm still bitter about that lol. 
  • Options
    It will look fabulous. Congratulations.   yes, major pain in the butt.  when is it all supposed to be done?  I would love hardwood, but when we built the house I went for Ceramic  tile throughout the 1st floor, with  carpet in den, living and dining room.   we have to put in a new shower and I do not want that headache.  sending good thoughts for your job. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Not sure yet, but soon. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

I WISH I could get a new shower. The one in our master bath is fiberglass and has like a pebbled texture floor and it's a pain. You could step in there completely clean and it'll still get dirty. And those little pebbles make it so hard because you can't just spray and wipe, you have to scrub. I HATE ADULTING
  • Options
    So this 'negativity' we will be put in the corner for, does that include genuine reactions of disappointment or critiques of the outfits? I mean aren't we adults here? This company takes our money like we're all adults, I think we should be able to express ourselves like adults. Why can they not handle the realness in the forum event threads in which they belong? 

Seriously, being told to 'go complain elsewhere' is super alienating and negative in itself. We already live in a culture where women are being told to keep quiet. Do we need to perpetuate that here? 

But honestly whatever. If it's gotta be a place where Big Brother doesn't want any dissent because it threatens the bottom line, then I can just leave again. 
    I'm sorry you and anyone else is upset that I said I wanted to direct all the negative glu suck they hate spending players, etc out of the upcoming Celebratory thread that goes on during an event, into the place where you can complain pretty freely.
    The thread originated on the idea of a smoking room. A place to go and smoke,  Vent and complain without cheery people like me saying "oh cheer up it will get better"  You won't even hear me say true things like "Glu is very responsive, and they don't take away videos because you bought stars. "  it is within Reason, your place to vent.
    We started the Event threads as a fun place to hang out during the event, schmackle with friends, ask advice, be silly if you want...the event threads were introduced as a fun party atmosphere thread.  Do you have to go to Hookah to say "Wow my free box was terrible.  The whole palette was awful.  We only get 3 stars payout for this" regular grumbling is fine.  But when the negativity is so rife that you have to read 5 posts of how effed up the game is, to get to a birthday greeting then it's too much.    And,  I respectfully said Next week,  Kim's birthday thread, did I start moving posts over to hookah this weekend?  No.  We haven't directed players to Hookah in a while, so I didn't think it would be fair.
    So I gave nearly a weeks' notice, and believe me, I had half a dozen posts ready to move, but decided to let it play out, and just let everyone know the fun party atmosphere will return to the event thread.  And that's not unreasonable.   
    Who am I to say what the origination, and intent of the event thread was?  Oh,  I dreamed it up on a different forum on a Thursday 8 years ago, and began tdoing them here.  Again,  not sayng don't complain, but when it takes over a thread it needs to move to the right place.
    And, you think that by complaining HERE you are shuffled off?  This is one of the most underused most monitored threads in the forum.  If you want to know what's wrong, do you go to the party thread where everyone is happy, or do you go to the place where everyone is complaining?  I'm asking, because those threads take a while to put together,  it's where we like to celebrate birthdays and things, and players are complaining that I'm asking you to complain in the complaint thread.
    If it would players feel better we can rename it Complaint Thread,  I'm asking players to use this thread instead of injecting the event thread with a barrage of complaints.  And again, the idea of this thread is for the opportunity to complain without much restraint.  Language, complain about the game and not about people those are basically the only rules. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    So this 'negativity' we will be put in the corner for, does that include genuine reactions of disappointment or critiques of the outfits? I mean aren't we adults here? This company takes our money like we're all adults, I think we should be able to express ourselves like adults. Why can they not handle the realness in the forum event threads in which they belong? 

Seriously, being told to 'go complain elsewhere' is super alienating and negative in itself. We already live in a culture where women are being told to keep quiet. Do we need to perpetuate that here? 

But honestly whatever. If it's gotta be a place where Big Brother doesn't want any dissent because it threatens the bottom line, then I can just leave again. 
    I'm sorry you and anyone else is upset that I said I wanted to direct all the negative glu suck they hate spending players, etc out of the upcoming Celebratory thread that goes on during an event, into the place where you can complain pretty freely.
    The thread originated on the idea of a smoking room. A place to go and smoke,  Vent and complain without cheery people like me saying "oh cheer up it will get better"  You won't even hear me say true things like "Glu is very responsive, and they don't take away videos because you bought stars. "  it is within Reason, your place to vent.
    We started the Event threads as a fun place to hang out during the event, schmackle with friends, ask advice, be silly if you want...the event threads were introduced as a fun party atmosphere thread.  Do you have to go to Hookah to say "Wow my free box was terrible.  The whole palette was awful.  We only get 3 stars payout for this" regular grumbling is fine.  But when the negativity is so rife that you have to read 5 posts of how effed up the game is, to get to a birthday greeting then it's too much.    And,  I respectfully said Next week,  Kim's birthday thread, did I start moving posts over to hookah this weekend?  No.  We haven't directed players to Hookah in a while, so I didn't think it would be fair.
    So I gave nearly a weeks' notice, and believe me, I had half a dozen posts ready to move, but decided to let it play out, and just let everyone know the fun party atmosphere will return to the event thread.  And that's not unreasonable.   
    Who am I to say what the origination, and intent of the event thread was?  Oh,  I dreamed it up on a different forum on a Thursday 8 years ago, and began tdoing them here.  Again,  not sayng don't complain, but when it takes over a thread it needs to move to the right place.
    And, you think that by complaining HERE you are shuffled off?  This is one of the most underused most monitored threads in the forum.  If you want to know what's wrong, do you go to the party thread where everyone is happy, or do you go to the place where everyone is complaining?  I'm asking, because those threads take a while to put together,  it's where we like to celebrate birthdays and things, and players are complaining that I'm asking you to complain in the complaint thread.
    If it would players feel better we can rename it Complaint Thread,  I'm asking players to use this thread instead of injecting the event thread with a barrage of complaints.  And again, the idea of this thread is for the opportunity to complain without much restraint.  Language, complain about the game and not about people those are basically the only rules. 

Well, if the game had less issues then maybe people would complain less in the Event threads? Most of the points that are raised are relevant and brought on by continually having the same things happening every week.

If you find that certain things are off topic, then sure they might belong here. However in that case I'd argue that birthday greetings and discussions about kids and pets also have nothing to do with KKH weekend events and should also be moved.

Perhaps there needs to be a general off-topic discussion thread where people can "schmackle with friends" and keep the event thread focused on the game? Just a thought.
  • Options
    JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    Koko I understand what you're saying, but I need to comment on one thing. The video count being cut after a purchase is real. I have tried it on a different phone and other members have tried it too. I don't mean to be rude I just don't want that issue to be swiped under the rug.
  • Options
    I started with about 5 or 6 a day before I bought stars.  It didn't go down for over 2 maybe 3 years and now I get maybe 3 if I'm lucky.  But I would love to see players who've experienced it post here.

When my videos dropped to 2 I checked out other offers.  I've only done games there.  Now I don't even look at other offers.  I did a 5$ shave club for SugarB.  and low and behold because it had to go through paypal it wound up being a different screen.  Not only did I not 'land on the right screen' to ensure my KStars, We never got the kit. And the response of Fyber, or  TapJoy to anything in the past made me just shake my head and walk away saying...Damn it.  They got me again.   Those places do glu a dis-service. Oh,  I read on a different offer that landing page nonsesense and knew there was no reason to even try.  the 5$ for the shave kit, I'll save Paypal fights for bigger things.

I remember something about videos that Glu Goddess asked the team to look into (Or  my darkside is showing and I dreamed about the game/forum again)  I'll run a search while you guys post more about it. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I started out with 6 videos a day, like clockwork every 24 hours. Even after I bought stars I had videos to watch. Now I pretty consistently get 5 and that happened some time during the no videos controversy. Some times it varies and I get 2 or 3, or none, but it usually comes back to 5 after a few days. I believe what we have been told about availability is subject to where you live. I live in a well populated big city in Canada and I would expect ad availability not to be an issue, but some days I get 5 exact same videos  :o
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited October 2018
    It’s real! I started with about 15ish videos a day, for a couple months. As soon as I bought my first purchase (on accident, I might add lol bc I clicked it, and in my panic to cancel & I pressed the home button thinking it would close the app, but instead it fingerprint confirmed my purchase). As of the day after that, now I get 5 daily no more no less. 

I believe I recall something similar (minus the accidental purchase) happening to me on my multiple old games years ago too... my boyfriend said he remembers my complaints 😅
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    I’ve stopped watching videos for KStars. Every time I do there is ONE video, and it interferes with Rapid Recharge. If I watched a video and then clicked RR when available it says there are no videos to watch at this time. I wouldn’t mind watching the exact same video multiple times for kstars AND have something left for RR. I’m not exaggerating... before I posted this I tried and still one video.

Before buying stars I had around 20 videos a day. 
    This is not fair gameplay. This is not okay. 
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • Options
    t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    My male game gets 20 k star videos daily and rapid recharge videos (I want to say 2, maybe 3?). I have spent no money on my male game and will never spend money on it because of this.
    My female game used to have 20 k star videos, but when I bought my first k star pack (can’t remember when), it dropped to 5. I get no rapid recharge videos anymore either. I’ll admit I didn’t notice it too much until I started my male game. Then it was glaringly obvious to me. 
  • Options
    Before I spent money on the game I remember getting at least 10 videos a day. Now I'm limited to 5 and it's tricky. You watch one and try to go in again and it takes you to the offer screen, so I have to back out and go back to the video and it plays. It's such a weird punishment for spending money on the game. You would think it'd be reversed. The more you spend, the more free stars you can earn as an incentive. 
  • Options
    I sent a message about the video issue here to glu.  The responses I found about it in the forum were referring to location constraints, so it wasn't much to post.  I always thought they just diminished over time.  Of course I'd rather have 20 a day, but I'd be happy if I could just get back to the 5 a day I used to get.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I've heard location constraints too, that it's up to the advertisers so others might not get as many options for videos. But there is a definite hard limit of 5 videos after you spend money on the game. I assumed it just diminished like you said until others claimed the same thing and then it made sense. 

Also, I know this isn't Glu's doing but the free offers really stink. I used to have a lot more game installs and plays and now it's all scammy stuff. I don't even bother with those anymore. 
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Once I bought Kstars, or, after installing KKH on a new phone, and then “Restoring Purchases” the option to watch videos or any offers at all is removed. 

My options now:

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    kkhReakkhRea Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    @webra Omg, I was just talking to Koko about this today.. I have the same issue! I have never been able to watch videos for k-stars so when I heard others talking about how they were able to earn k-stars that way I was so confused.
  • Options
    SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I'm on Android, in the Netherlands in a big city and never bought a kstar pack. I get 20 videos a day approximately. It think @LindaVB is also located in the Netherlands and has spent money on it, Linda how many do you get a day?

Honestly Glu if you're reading this, please #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers. I would have bought k star packs, SMC's and what not already if it weren't for the drop in amount of videos you can watch per day. Please bring it back to the maximum you can get in your location for both paying and non paying players.
    I get that it depends on your location, sure no problem that's not under your influence. But whether you get more or less based on if you've spent or not is définitely under you influence.
    I'd advise you to not drop to the minimum for paying and non paying players. If everyone has leveled, but down... That'd cause some rage and there's been enough rage building up the past time. 

#20Videos4All 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    In @kkhRea 's situation the whole Get Free Stars blue button is missing.  So I sent the question up for help.

Just saw it is @webra too.   I'll fix my note.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    I never bought K-Stars pack but my videos went from 20 to 5 k-stars for the longest time. And I live in the city, so I don’t think location constraint is the cause. As a long-time player I do feel It is not a fair treatment. 
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    I wonder if buying a SMC would cause the restriction also. It's been several years so I can't remember what caused mine to reduce. I feel like location constraints is such a weird excuse. 99% of the ads I get are for app downloads. Why would that be location specific? 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    They could be targeting a new country or region where a game is newly released for marketing purposes, or other reasons. I get a lot of commercial ads for things like Carnival cruise lines, Loreal makeup, Diamond brand nuts lately. Sometimes, i will watch my 5 videos, and it is the same commercial 5 times in a row! Those are likely demographic driven. I honestly have no idea if I ever had 20 videos a day. I'm in the US and I made my first purchase years ago, and it's always been 5 a day for me.
    iOS
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @webra and @kkhRea

i hope I have the fix for you!  You have to go into your devices Settings and disable the ability to make “in app purchases”.   Then you *should* get the 5 videos a day.  When you want to purchase Kstars or even see the SMC, you have to go back in and enable the “in app purchases.”    
    Its a real pain to do this is you’ve updated to the new iOS 12 but it’s very easy to do if you are on earlier iOS...

if you have iOS 11 and earlier
    Go to Settings app. Then tap on General. Then tap on Restrictions. Enter your PIN. Then scroll down and you’ll find “In App Purchases” and you’ll see a slide bar to the right that’s showing green because the feature is on. Slide it to turn it off.  Now open KKH and tap the the K in the Star next to the box that shows how many Kstars you have now. You’ll get a pop up window with the opportunity to watch a “short video.”  Watch it.  Close it and return back to your game screen. Wait a minute or two and you’ll get a Kstar in a pop up window.  Now tap that K in the star again and repeat steps. 

Ill go write down down the steps for iOS 12 and edit this post to add them. 

edited to add...
    if you have iOS 12
    Go to Settings. Tap on Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. Enter your PIN. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases. Tap In-app Purchases. Tap Don't Allow. 
    Close settings. Open KKH.
    Now open KKH and tap the the K in the Star next to the box that shows how many Kstars you have now. You’ll get a pop up window with the opportunity to watch a “short video.”  Watch it.  Close it and return back to your game screen. Wait a minute or two and you’ll get a Kstar in a pop up window.  Now tap that K in the star again and repeat steps. 

Important 
    You will not see any SMC or other purchase offers while you’ve disabled the in app purchase feature.  I just turn it back on to buy them and then disable it again so I can get videos. 
    Good luck!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I live in a big American city. I used to get tons of videos a day-- for a while, there was an advertiser who was sponsoring tons and tons! I loved that. I never counted, but it was a lot. It ebbed and flowed, and was clearly dependent on advertisers (like, when a new movie was coming out, I'd get tons of trailers for that movie to watch over and over). Then I bought a star pack and BOOM! the number of videos I got drastically reduced. I contacted Glu, I asked about it on the forum... but I've never gotten a lot of videos again, I'm lucky if I get a few a day. 

ETA: I probably would not have stuck with the game if I didn't have those videos. The game is hard when you're first starting out, and I wanted to see if I could "do it," and get good at the game, without spending (a dumb pride thing). Watching videos allowed me to eventually buy the plane so I could save kash when I traveled, etc. I only bought stars after I was firmly established in the game, probably about 8 months in. If I had known I was going to be penalized for buying stars, I probably would not have, and may not have continued playing at all, considering that throttling videos for paying customers is pretty rotten. If it's intentional, it seems like the reason is they know we have paid for stars, they'll make us continue to do so. If it's unintentional, then the appropriate move for Glu would be to fix whatever is causing it. As I said, I brought it up 2 years ago when it happened to me, and many others have, too. I'd love to hear from Glu about it!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.