Options

iPad Pro - Game Crashing

FlissFliss Registered Users 34 Posts
Hi All,

I'm hoping one of you may have some advice or be able to help me out! I purchased a new iPad Pro yesterday to replace my iPad Air 2 and having done everything as stated in the KKH FAQ's with how to change devices I'm coming across a problem in that the game just won't load. It starts up with the loading screen and gets to 100% before going to another loading screen where it then just crashes and closes bringing me back to the ipads home screen.

Has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it? I've contacted the support team but hoped someone else may have a solution also!

Thanks in advance!

Fliss :)
iPad Pro iOS player
A+++ // 1.1b fans // level 53

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry this is happening. Please check your Private messages.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi. I'm sorry this is happening. Please check your Private messages.

Hi Koko, the thread we were previously talking in has closed! I can't unfortunately even get into the game to be able to uninstall or load the previous game so I can only assume what Glu support mean by uninstall and reinstall is to delete the app and redownload would you say this is correct?!
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    Glu Support is the final word on this, I can just offer my experience and moral support. If they said Unistall and reinstall then yes, the only thing you can do is remove the game, and download it fresh. Plus, you have the comfort in knowing you have your game up and running on your other device.

My suggestion open the game on the old device, and just keep it active I 'scroll up and down the street' while I would uninstall and reinstall. Just so you have your game. This is unnecessary, but it's another security blanket, and the calmer you are the easie it goes. I will never tell anyone uninstall and reinstall, but if glu tells you too, then, I would go for it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks Koko! I'm just not entirely sure of how to uninstall and reinstall the game without doing what I've already done which is to delete the app and redownload it from the App Store as I can't get into the same to restart it! :confused:
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    I'll try and get you a better answer tomorrow, but we're also getting an update probably early this week, (fingers crossed) so if you don't get the game on your device till then, maybe the new update will at least open for you then we can hope for the automatic transfer, but till it opens, there is nothing you can do. ;( I'm so sorry you're both having this problem.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help Koko, fingers crossed the update helps!! :D
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    BetweenluvnhateBetweenluvnhate Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have exactly the same issue, support told me to uninstall and reinstall the game and start from scratch which I am not keen to do.
  • Options
    I have exactly the same issue, support told me to uninstall and reinstall the game and start from scratch which I am not keen to do.

It seems to be a reoccurring theme for quite a few people now which at least helps in me not feeling alone!
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    BXZXBXZX Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have an iPad 2 and I have the same problem. I am not able to play since the 4th of August-
    iPad 2 iOS
  • Options
    BXZX wrote: »
    I have an iPad 2 and I have the same problem. I am not able to play since the 4th of August-

Fingers crossed they can figure out what the issue is with the game and get it fixed soon!
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    BXZXBXZX Registered Users 3 Posts
    Fliss wrote: »
    Fingers crossed they can figure out what the issue is with the game and get it fixed soon!

Yes, sure. I'm frustrated though. Every month I have some new issue with the game and sometimes the support team don't even get back at me. This time I have waited almost 2 weeks for an answer. I missed a lot of fun weekend and midweek events.
    iPad 2 iOS
  • Options
    ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
    I got a stock response from support on this issue. Copypasta from this link.
    https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=troubleshooting&f=how-do-i-prevent-poor-performance-crashing-lag-on-my-apple-device&l=en

Tried a full rest on my iPad Pro, and tried reinstalling, still no luck. The help link states "You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly". I only have 256kb up on a dinky ADSL connection. Game still works on my phone though. Not sure why the game is such a pig for bandwidth.

If anyone has ideas for solutions to try that would be cool.
    iOS
  • Options
    I'll see if there is any other info available. If you are still unable to get into the game, due to an iPad/ other app,e device crashing, van you please post your

iOS version #/ Your device (i.e.: iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, whatever it is) / and brief description (like haven't been able to open since Aug 4th, loading screen crashes to black, etc)

this is will Punpoint who here still has the problem and glu can see at a glance what systems or devices are affected. I was hoping that last week's update would knowck the bugs out. So leave this requested info and I promise to pass the updated link to glu.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    iPad Pro 12.9, iOS 10.3.3, Loading bars fill up to 100% then crashes to homescreen.
    Since 22/06/17.
    iOS
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    ThanatosX wrote: »
    iPad Pro 12.9, iOS 10.3.3, Loading bars fill up to 100% then crashes to homescreen.
    Since 22/06/17.

Hi ThanatosX! We pushed a fix earlier today -- has your situation changed? Please full-close the app (double-tap the home button to get to multi-tasking screen, swipe up on KKH to close it) and relaunch it and let us know!
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    Progress bar went across really slow then it got to the import cloud save bit without crashing.
    Thanks for making it work.
    iOS
  • Options
    That is awesome news. Now my fingers are crossed for Finn and anyone else. Gotta love our Glu Gods and Goddesses. ty glu!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm still unable to open it without crashing but am going to try a new Apple ID as requested at the weekend when I've finished work so we'll see if that has any joy! Thank goodness for my old iPad still going strong!
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    I take it back!! It's working!!! *happy dance!* thank you SO much Glu!!! :o
    iPad Pro iOS player
  • Options
    louguyz4louguyz4 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    iPad Pro 12.9the new one that was released today on the 7th of November won’t load black screen restored from back up can’t open it