KK:H Weekday Event - 11/12/18 (How many Kupkakes is that?)

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @Johana Thanks for posting a screenshot! That's the icon for Trendsetters, but it's possible you could have access to the SYS event and not see Trendsetters.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @Johana there was a similar issue in the first test event as well. When I was voting, sometimes the "popular vote" would be some person in rags, or a bathing suit, or a Halloween costume! It was maddening, lol.
    iOS
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    @johana thank you for showing me.  I don't have that. I've submitted three looks so far.   
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I got the SYS! I’m very excited to play it! I do have a question and maybe I just overlooked something but how does a look “expire”? It didn’t seem to last very long. 

Here are my first 2 looks :) 
    @Kupkakez_ Once a look gets voted on a certain number of times (we think it's 50 but Glu wont confirm), it is expired. So with 42 votes, one could assume they were voted for 42 times, and against 8 times.
    iOS
    @Kupkakez_The time it takes for a look to expire depends on how many players are voting. We have more information about how looks expire here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=show-your-style&f=why-did-my-look-stop-earning-votes&l=en
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    @Kupkakez_ Here is the text from the FAQ since direct links always take you to the FAQ home page for some reason:

Why did my look stop earning votes?

We want each submitted look to get the same amount of exposure. Each look you submit will get paired up with other players' looks a set number of times before it expires. The time it takes for a look to expire depends on how many players are voting.

Every look you submit will expire over time and you'll know it's expired if it has a grey background. That means you can't earn more votes on that look. Keep submitting looks for more votes!
    iOS
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    Thanks @AliBryant that makes sense. 50 would make sense, each of those looks was up maybe 10-15 minutes at most. 
    @AliBryant Thanks! The link works on other channels like Facebook and Twitter - not sure why it doesn't here.
    #VIPKalinda
  • MaliibuMaliibu Registered Users 22 Posts
    I got this event too, really excited for something new, and I like that you can’t just submit the same outfit over and over. Making me put in work to create a look lol
  • MaliibuMaliibu Registered Users 22 Posts
    Also, I’m basing my looks off of different red carpet styles, like an mtv red carpet would be a lot more crazy than a Oscar one, idk just making it more fun to come up with stuff, at least for me
  • CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    I gotta say I really don't like the fact that some items in your closet get locked for 48 hours after you use them, this is particularly hard for newer players or players with fewer items. I have very few red carpet dresses so it sucks that the nice ones get locked for such a long time.  
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    @Johana Thanks for posting a screenshot! That's the icon for Trendsetters, but it's possible you could have access to the SYS event and not see Trendsetters.
    Why wouldn't some have access to it? I'm one who doesn't.
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    oof i didn't get the event, but that's ok. last time i couldn't finish it, i missed the hair (although i'm not particularly pressed about it since i don't like really long hair). i'm kinda interested in the trendsetters part though. hope everyone gets it eventually if the feedback's positive.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Thank you @AliBryant! I love the 3D flower appliqués on the dress and don’t wear it enough :-) It’s from June 2017; here are the other gift box items it was paired with:

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    oh i do love the red & white outfit offered for the SYS this time. good luck to those who get to play. I didn't get the hair when I got the chance last time, but got further than I expected.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    It’ll be unfair if this time around you can get the hair without having to buy tickets. Hopefully we get the chance to win the hair again because I love long hair since I have long hair irl 😔💔
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I am not liking the way players are competing based on who can afford more tickets. Only Glu wins. I think I’m competeing with someone who bought the tickets too. 😢 The top 3 should all be able to get the full prizes just less KStars on #2 and #3.

It’s also weird that I see a lot of male dolls not dressing up for red carpet theme. Meanwhile I submitted Jon’s look with formal looks but only got 28 votes for 2 looks, 36 votes for 1 so far. So much less than my girl’s game. What’s going on here?!

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    this may seem kinda cheesy, but I'm doing the Thanksgiving task and I'm really happy we get to speak to the camera man. I like that Simon, Maria, and others get personalities and I've missed that in the recent weekend gigs where there is no real story line.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Finished the event and got these earrings. Every week it's accessories and shoes for me. *sigh*
    I really really hope there is a throwback sale for black friday with things I actually want to own.

iOS
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    Y’all, I’m a little frustrated. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong to get such low votes. I’m literally pulling actual red carpet looks from Kim, and it’s not working 😂 Maybe the pink hair might’ve been a little much on my pink outfit, but the other two idk. Maybe it’s the tattoo? I always wear a sleeve, so I don’t want to take it off unless it’s detracting from the outfit.

Here’s the look I planned to submit for the next round when I get my free ticket. Anything I can do to improve the votes? Should I remove the tattoo?

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    t_tree said: Anything I can do to improve the votes? Should I remove the tattoo?

@t_tree I want to start by saying that I love your style and your looks are great! Your next submission is especially killer :-) Playing lots of Love Nikki has prepared me for this voting dynamic where we don’t really get rewarded for showing personal style, but rather by sussing out what the average player of this game finds attractive. (My signature short hairstyles perform absolutely abysmally in SYS!) My prediction for what the hivemind will like is standard stuff ultra long hair, sexy gowns with matching accessories, etc. I would try maybe removing the tattoo and nose stud for the competition and seeing if that makes a difference in votes!
    @Rikk thanks for the tips! I’ll try that out. Here’s another look I plan to submit. I hope it does well, as I love this dress. Just irritating that people who throw on any old clothes are still getting higher votes or rank higher on trendsetters than I am, when I’m putting thought and effort into my choices lol
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Finished the event and got these earrings. Every week it's accessories and shoes for me. *sigh*
    I really really hope there is a throwback sale for black friday with things I actually want to own.

Omg. This look so luxe and expensive. 😍
    IOS Player 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Rikk said:
    t_tree said: Anything I can do to improve the votes? Should I remove the tattoo?

@t_tree I want to start by saying that I love your style and your looks are great! Your next submission is especially killer :-) Playing lots of Love Nikki has prepared me for this voting dynamic where we don’t really get rewarded for showing personal style, but rather by sussing out what the average player of this game finds attractive. (My signature short hairstyles perform absolutely abysmally in SYS!) My prediction for what the hivemind will like is standard stuff ultra long hair, sexy gowns with matching accessories, etc. I would try maybe removing the tattoo and nose stud for the competition and seeing if that makes a difference in votes!

My two cents from doing voting events is that tattoos and bright makeup doesn’t do well in voting. Since the theme is red carpet, glamorous long gowns and matching accessories seem to get the best votes. 

IOS Player 
  • NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    edited November 2018
     @KalindaKing

Can we please know exactly what feedback from the other test was used, and how it has been implemented in the SYS?
    Platform: Amazon
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
    Now I’m curious if I were to resubmit the three looks I’ve done, if simply removing the tattoo and nose ring would have yielded better results. I might try that out closer to the end of the event to test the theory out. Thanks for the input! 
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    My second black box

Hair shown above with a dress that Maria just gave me 20 stars back for on a luxe goal (making it practically half off)! I probably wouldn’t normally wear this hair with it but I do like the hair, not a bad pick
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • queeniequeenie Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    This sounds really strange but i lost 2 energy from my energy bar today. Is this a glitch anyone’s experiencing? I had 48 and now I’m at 46 when the new event started. 
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I also wish that first three of us would get the full outfit. Please.
    Now two of the dolls I'm competing with are buyers. This makes the experience so stressful. Do we have to buy ourselves the first place? I said so too, only glu wins here.