KK:H Weekday Event - 11/12/18 (How many Kupkakes is that?)

Comments

• surrjanesurrjane Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Quick question - wasn't Thanksgiving last year our very first holiday at the Bel Air house? I feel like I remember having decorations for Thanksgiving. If so, why am I having to buy new ones? I know the game said we could use decorations again, and if so I'd at least like the option to use my old ones in addition to buying new ones.

(If we didn't have Thanksgiving decorations last year my bad, but I'm almost certain we did??)
    A++ Lister (I can't convince myself to grind my way through the dating comeback). Level 82. Max Fans.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I’m thinking they were Christmas decos, because we had the tree in the living room, but if we look back through the update threads......
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    My second black box

Hair shown above with a dress that Maria just gave me 20 stars back for on a luxe goal (making it practically half off)! 
    What a good luxe goal! I love that dress with those little black booties :-)
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    I am thrilled that I got the hair I wanted! 

Yesss congrats! It looks so dreamy :-) I want that taupe headwrap in your palette so much, too!
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    surrjane said:
    Quick question - wasn't Thanksgiving last year our very first holiday at the Bel Air house? I feel like I remember having decorations for Thanksgiving. If so, why am I having to buy new ones? I know the game said we could use decorations again, and if so I'd at least like the option to use my old ones in addition to buying new ones.

(If we didn't have Thanksgiving decorations last year my bad, but I'm almost certain we did??)
    Kalinda said yesterday that your old decorations would be back closer to Thanksgiving.
    iOS
  • KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    I have the SYS event this time, hooray. I haven't seen anyone on here have it twice so maybe those who haven't yet got it at all might get it next time round?
    Here's my initial feedback, FWIW.
    • A week is a very long time to keep up the momentum, and the creativity.
    • I don't like the Trendsetters feature. I'm #5 but #1 is about 350 points ahead of me, which can't be possible without buying tickets. I considered buying tickets to start with but I'll never catch up with that so won't bother now and just concentrate on getting as far along the rewards as possible. So Glu aren't going to make money from me that way.
    • I'm only voting for looks that fit the red carpet theme but maybe that doesn't matter, as a lot of looks are ripped jeans and jackets. The person at the top is dressed as a bride, headdress and all. (I hardly got any votes when I tried a white dress.) #2 is wearing a bra top, shorts and thigh-high boots. Are these players even real?! So if the theme isn't being followed, Glu also aren't going to make any money from people buying Kstars for ballgowns and accessories. 
    • I'm really busy with other things at the moment and this just adds to the stress. I prefer just winning or losing instead of getting anxious over the exact number of votes compared to other players.
    Basically, it's not the SYS we know and love. It's great that Facebook players can join in at last, though.
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
    Thank you @AliBryant you saved me the trouble of researching the decorations last year. ; )

it’s World Kindness Day.  Let’s each be a little nicer to someone who could use it.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ArianaKKHArianaKKH Registered Users, Member 452 Posts
    I got this SYS event too and I’m really really glad I did! I was so bored with the same professional event and now I’m very happy to work on something else!
    I am still hoping we have a chance of completing it without buying tickets, but I feel like it is not possible.
    iOS player
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ari.kkh.184
    I have the SYS event this time, hooray. I haven't seen anyone on here have it twice so maybe those who haven't yet got it at all might get it next time round?
    Here's my initial feedback, FWIW.
    • A week is a very long time to keep up the momentum, and the creativity.
    • I don't like the Trendsetters feature. I'm #5 but #1 is about 350 points ahead of me, which can't be possible without buying tickets. I considered buying tickets to start with but I'll never catch up with that so won't bother now and just concentrate on getting as far along the rewards as possible. So Glu aren't going to make money from me that way.
    • I'm only voting for looks that fit the red carpet theme but maybe that doesn't matter, as a lot of looks are ripped jeans and jackets. The person at the top is dressed as a bride, headdress and all. (I hardly got any votes when I tried a white dress.) #2 is wearing a bra top, shorts and thigh-high boots. Are these players even real?! So if the theme isn't being followed, Glu also aren't going to make any money from people buying Kstars for ballgowns and accessories. 
    • I'm really busy with other things at the moment and this just adds to the stress. I prefer just winning or losing instead of getting anxious over the exact number of votes compared to other players.
    Basically, it's not the SYS we know and love. It's great that Facebook players can join in at last, though.
    So, you’re saying bring back the Sys we had previously, and they can add this current test as a different event? Tbh, that would get my vote. I have a derp affection for both. Lol. 

But let me ask everyone what do you like most from the old SYS?  What don’t you like in the old event?
    and of course what do you like about the new improved Testing Sys?  What don’t you like about this one?
    lets try and post as much legit feedback as we can.  It’s obvious Glu is listening, and trying to develop the best events for us.

i love the new Trendsetters feature If I can walk away with the top and skirt, I’ll be the happiest camper.  I have lots of hair, so I’m hopefully optimistic. 
    I’ve not bought tickets this time, i’m going To try and keep my game merit based this time.  And it fabulous that FB can play this new event, but I’d live to have the old sys retained as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I agree, the old SYS should stay in the rotation as a weekend event and the new one could come for the whole week, like fashion weeks.
    Anyways I got the first star for voting 😀🐿️

• LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Got this ring on my 2nd Black Box!

Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • table_dancertable_dancer Registered Users 28 Posts
    Im the only one who dont get the new SYS!?! LOL
    One of my Androids hasn’t gotten it yet. One got the last one, this time my iPad.  Come sit with me, we’ll do other fun stuff.  B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Im the only one who dont get the new SYS!?! LOL
    I didn’t get it either, but i had it last time.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    One of my Androids hasn’t gotten it yet. One got the last one, this time my iPad.  Come sit with me, we’ll do other fun stuff.  B)
    I have no idea how you juggle 3 games, Koko. It must be like having 3 high maintenance kids. 
    IOS Player 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Everyone gets one free ticket every six hours up to a maximum of two, regardless of whether you purchase tickets or not. If this does not seem to be the case, try full-closing and relaunching your game; this should fix the issue.
    Does that mean my ticket # has to stay under 2 in order to get the free ticket?
    No, you don't need have less than two tickets to get a free ticket. The game keeps track of how many free tickets you have and you will always get a new one every six hours up to a maximum of two.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    Too be honest. The old SYS format was easy to complete ( a look every 4 hours ) , you can have fun styling crazy looks and not win but it is okay since you have 3 days to complete it and you can earn K-stars on the side after submitting looks. 

But it I also love the new event because it is more challenging ( locking an item for certain amount of time) and more items to be won. 

Ideally I would love both events to be implemented but if we are not going to have the old SYS events I rather have the new voting events vs not having any SYS events at all. 
    IOS Player 
    I love you @TrashleyKKH.   I ask myself the same thing every day. Lol.  B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I was first place yesterday when suddenly this chick upped the ranks like crazy. And she's been in this outfit forever, just like a NPC. Her votes hasn't changed either. The game also keeps crashing whenever I tap 2-3 person on the rankings to see their outfit.

This ranking is unfair. It would make more sense to group the rewards into Tier 1 (top 500 players), Tier 2 (501-1000 players) and so on. I don't know the numbers but Glu can look at their statistics of number of players.

Ugh, stressed.

PM to add
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    So this is how the Facebook SYS Event Leaderboard looks like right now :P :P :P :P :P
    Featuring my 3rd look i submited (i got a wooping 45 votes with it) ;D

Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    I actually really like this sys event !  :)
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

edited November 2018
    I was first place yesterday when suddenly this chick upped the ranks like crazy. And she's been in this outfit forever, just like a NPC. Her votes hasn't changed either. The game also keeps crashing whenever I tap 2-3 person on the rankings to see their outfit.

This ranking is unfair. It would make more sense to group the rewards into Tier 1 (top 500 players), Tier 2 (501-1000 players) and so on. I don't know the numbers but Glu can look at their statistics of number of players.

Ugh, stressed.

Yes to All of this.  I got one too Nai.  I was number 1, should have taken a ss.  I am almost 300, she suddenly jumped up with double my points.  595 I think.  Ok there goes the hair.  Lol. I’ll be honest, my mind jumped to my iTunes balance, Calculating the number of tickets I need to buy. But then I began to think that I think when I’m trying to snag something on eBay I will wait and see if I buy tickets of a flurry at the end now I want the hair.
    Dammit Glu.  Why are you so good in everything you do you?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    Ohh #Naimonster that's what I'm thinking, why would a doll that has probably never spent money or much time on the game (otherwise she wouldn't look like an NPC) suddenly pay for SYS tickets? It's very suspicious
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    Gold box
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    Hi loves! I am so excited to FINALLY be posting! I have been following this forum for quite a bit but was having account confirmation issues so I haven’t been able to participate :) I know this is not the getting to know you section so I will focus on this event.
    so I did get the SYS and the trendsetters. I echo the typical frustrations with trendsetters - it’s obvious with how far ahead the top are that this is another reward for purchasing tickets. In general I find that my biggest gripe with SYS - it’s definitely an event where an advantage is spending real dollars in a way that none of the others have been! 
    Also, I would like the six hour reloads except it basically punished me for sleeping. I should have had at least one ticket overnight and about three hours to the next one but the six hours only started counting down after I had opened the game, so I essentially lost time because I didn’t wake up at 3 AM to open the game? To me that’s crazy! This game is a lot of fun but I have a real job and can’t change my sleep schedule to accommodate an event. Will be adding more comments as the event progresses but I agree with pretty much all the consensuses so far! 
    So excited to finally be contributing!! 
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    The people who have the Trendsetter rankings also have the option to win clothing?!  
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    I think this week’s throwback box is one of my worst!! 
  • CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    edited November 2018
    So i forgot to snap a screenshot but as I was voting on looks I got a prompt to watch a video for double rewards on my next two voting rewards. Not sure if anyone else has gotten that yet, so thought I would post it! I then got 2 kstars as a reward, this was during the 3% incremental voting. 

@Julesmo yes the number 1 person gets hair, top and bottom (and energy, kstars and cash), the top 5 get top and bottom (plus other stuff) and the top 10 I believe get the bottom (++). 
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
    Ohh, my jumper def has the look. But there are other NPC looking dolls.  I don’t think it’s susp8cious.   Look at how quickly I thought about buying tickets. She could be like the chick on eBay who is in a bidding war a week before the auction ends. If I buy tickets now she’ll keep buying ttickets to be on top. I’m staying strong. For now
     But my point is I am legit player who is very quick on the trigger to buy tickets to be on tap again.. oh def tickets. Her look changed and now she’s 629. I wonder how the pools work. Does she have people I don’t: do I have people she doesn’t?  If I post that I checked my iTunes balance, somebody slap me. 5 days is a long time, I have no patience.  Thank goodness it’s only on one game right now.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited November 2018
    From my experience with the last SYS, dolls seemed to be equally paired. For example a doll who had a more basic look was often paired with another doll with basic clothing. My guess was they were paired according to whatever level they were on but obviously I can't confirm that. So it could be that the reason a basic looking doll has a lot of votes is because they are always paired with other basic dolls who don't look as good so everyone is voting for that doll. Just a theory.