KK:H Weekday Event - 11/12/18 (How many Kupkakes is that?)

Comments

• SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    I stopped playing in february 2017 because my game lost a few months of my progress (I still don't know why it happened) and so I had to say goodbye to lots of hairstyles, dresses, accessories...and levels and fans... Also goodbye my new nose, eyes and lips lmao. I know it's just a game but I was so heartbroken because of it and because of the money I spent on this game and lost for nothing that I stopped playing. But last week I decided to download the game once again and here I am ♥ Started the game back with 57 tasks omg (a lot of them I already did before I lost my progress of course), now I have 44 left which is already better ^^ I forgot how addictive this game can be. 

Here's my throwback kollection, can't tell if it's good or not since it's the first time I'm getting one but I reaaally want the bundle because I had it before and I loved the hair and shoes on my doll ♥ I tried but failed and ended up with things I don't care for at all... Still can't decide whether to try another time or not.

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @t_tree those earrings are one of my favorites! Congrats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Welcome back @spleen you came back at a great time.  Good luck with your Kollection.  :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Ok so players do have to keep one-upping each other, no limit to the number of votes. Count me out.

Like I said recently, KKH is quickly turning into a game that rewards players based on $$$ instead of effort. While I'm happy FB users finally get SYS, I still much prefer the old SYS event. I'll admit there are some nice parts about this new style but those can be implemented on the old style.
    PM to add
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hitting vegas with @KatePillgrim @MommyTo3Munchkins @maxrockatansky. I don't like the shoes though lol.

PM to add
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    SugarK said: Maybe if the rankings were based on a limited number of submissions it might be more of a competition... That way it wouldn’t matter if people bought tickets to get the event prizes faster, the trendsetter rankings would all be equally judged for votes received for their top 12 looks. 
    I like that idea! 

It also occurred to me that buying tickets and winning Trendsetter outfits isn’t so different from paying for one of Kim’s outfits for a Shop My Closet — people that spend money get exclusive clothes and that’s always been a facet of KKH. (I’ve resigned myself to missing out on some stuff!)

• yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I don't really like the trendsetter feature, but if people pay, I think it's normal that they end up higher... KKH is a free game after all, so they can't make everything equal between players who have spend 0 dollars en players who have spend Idk 1000 dollars... It would be nice, I think, if you once reach the hair you would also be #1, like there would be a certain amount of points.
    I wish it was easier to get to the hair! Maybe 2 tickets every 6 hours, you may think everyone will get the hair that way but that is still not true, not everyone opens her game every 6/12 hours...

iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    @Rikk it's not the same cause by paying for smc you are guaranteed the items but as for the trendsetters someone can always pay more. And more and more
    Johana said:
    @Rikk it's not the same cause by paying for smc you are guaranteed the items but as for the trendsetters someone can always pay more. And more and more
    I just meant that players who pay have always had an advantage and it’s not new! But I absolutely see what you mean! It’s kind of like gambling — there’s no guarantee you’ll get the Trendsetter hair or whatever you’re gunning for when you buy those tickets.
    Yeah that's true @Rikk. I always think hard before I purchase something in the game, but spending money for something that is not guaranteed?
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Looks 3 - 6. Did someone say we get voted on 50 times? If so, then wow my last look got full marks!

@Naimonster your looks are stunning!
    I got 61 votes in one of mine!? But similar looks have earnerd me around the 30-40 mark so I’m not sure what’s happening 😂 
    Guys, if you see Em in all her big-haired ballgown glory, I’d really appreciate the votes 😊 
  • JooHyekJooHyek Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    @JooHyek i love your name <3
    Its very Kpop-ish ;D
    Thank you hun, it was a nickname my friends called me 😇 Kind makes sense because I’m korean 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    So right @Johana!
    This event is so stressful and frustrating. It's mean. I already lost 2 nights of sleep, setting the alarm to 5 am only to dress up my doll to submit a look. We can't even have a look prepared in the lookbook. I have trouble with insomnia, and it's impossible for me to go back to sleep then. I just can't afford to do this to my health. And it's all useless anyway. The hairstyle is going to the highest bidder and I refuse to participate in this craziness. This has nothing to do with style, it's the money what counts. My doll's look is much better than her competition's - and I am not arrogant, it's simply the truth. I could go post the looks now, but I think you believe me. 
    I suggest changing the name ''Trendsetter" to "Big Spender".
    I decided to stop worrying from now on. It's just not worth it.
    Android
    @lindavb do you already have an update on the amount votes that is necessary to complete the event?

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Rikk said:
    Johana said:
    I just meant that players who pay have always had an advantage and it’s not new! But I absolutely see what you mean! It’s kind of like gambling — there’s no guarantee you’ll get the Trendsetter hair or whatever you’re gunning for when you buy those tickets.

I respectfully disagree, because when you buy a SMC or something like that, you´re buying it for you and you're not taking the chance of someone else to win something. There is no competition in that. In this SYS/Trendsetters case, people who are buying a lot of tickets are literally taking away the chances of other people to win those items. It´s an unfair kind of competition where the creativity and the effort of each one becomes less valuable than money.
    But I agree with you @paty , it's just another point of view. It's unfair for everyone involved. We should be awarded for style, not for money.
    @Rumpelstilzchen you wrote it so well! 
  • KatyaKatya Registered Users, Member 795 Posts
    I’m back, back, back again! 
    So here are my boxes.
    SYS event is very sterssful For me. I feel like I won’t win hairstyle cause we must have a lot of points which makes it impossible! 

• CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    edited November 2018
    My idea for the trendsetters to make it a bit more "fair" is to simply do the average amount of votes per look. so if I have 300 votes all together spread over 10 different looks then my average is 30. So, say someone buys a lot of tickets and has 20 looks and 450 votes their average is 22.5. This way it becomes more fair as buying more votes won't get your point average up and it will cause people to spend a bit more time planning their looks rather than putting together something sloppily as they are gonna buy 10 more votes. Then to make money what Glu can do is either make it so that unlocking a dress early costs RL money or kstars so that people who want to use their best clothes in every look pay to unlock it. Sorry if this has already been said, just an idea I had. 

Also I am still getting the bug where I need to open my game to get a new ticket. 

Anyone know how many points needed for the eyes and hair?
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
    edited November 2018
    @Paty In this SYS/Trendsetters case, people who are buying a lot of tickets are literally taking away the chances of other people to win those items. It´s an unfair kind of competition where the creativity and the effort of each one becomes less valuable than money.
    Yes, @Paty that’s right! It’s not a competition at all, it’s essentially an outfit for purchase in a limited quantity...with an undefined price. Even the voting isn’t for the “best outfit,” but the one you think the most people chose. Not looking at SYS and Trendsetters as a real competition is unfortunate but more realistic. Participate at your own risk. I’m not competing for it because it’s expensive and risky.
    Candycorn said:

Anyone know how many points needed for the eyes and hair?
    I’d also like to know! I think I’ll reach the eyes in time, but I’m honestly not sure!
    I'm ready for all the disagree-ing, but here it comes. Glu is not a non-profit organisation, they have to make money.

I agree for the SYS initially, you should be able to get the hair without spending money. Maybe by giving 1 ticket every 4 hours (up to 2 tickets free like now) or 2 every 6 hours maybe (also up to 2), I don't know, you can figure that out.

For the trendsetter-part, in my humble opinion it is useless but if Glu wants to make money it should be here and just here. Are you willing to spend 10 dollars or more to get up that list, go ahead, but at least make it possible for non-paying players to finish the event... Also give the outfit maybe to more numbers than just #1, a whole 3 seems more reasonable in my opinion.

Make kkh great again: 
    yezx said:
    I'm ready for all the disagree-ing, but here it comes. Glu is not a non-profit organisation, they have to make money.

I agree for the SYS initially, you should be able to get the hair without spending money.

For the trendsetter-part, in my humble opinion it is useless but if Glu wants to make money it should be here and just here. 
    I think that’s a very fair assessment! The game isn’t a level playing field because some people can always spend more gift cards or cash and get things others don’t get — and I’m ok with that. It’s still fun to play for free, imo.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I'm not against Glu making money at all. I give Glu money all the time by buying star packs, SMCs, and special offers. I have paid Glu thousands of dollars in fact. Glu can make more money by releasing all the SMCs we don't have. They could offer more creative gameplay bundles (like every other game does) for real dollars. They can also make more money by actually making the VIP membership worthwhile. Instead they are testing ways to ruin the one event type that basically everyone could agree on liking. If you want us to buy something Glu, just make it for sale like an SMC. Having a prize go to the highest bidder is dirty.
    iOS
    I honestly couldn't care less about the trendsetter part, but I see your point @alibryant, maybe implement a max score? 

Make kkh great again: 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Yes to clarify, I am talking about the Trendsetters part. The other changes to SYS are mostly fine IMO. I agree with @Naimonster that those changes could be easily implemented on the old SYS.
    iOS
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    (iOS) I also got the new SYS event and Trendsetters. So far I've earned 449 points through 11 submissions.

- Like others, I'm not receiving my free tickets when I should be. I'm only receiving them when I open my game, and it's at that point that the timer resets to 6 hours.

- I watched a video to unlock a recently-used item and the item did not unlock. The padlock and timer over the item disappeared, but I still had to wait *over* 48 hours to be able to use it again. (To be specific: I wasn't able to submit an outfit using it 48 hours after first using it; I was only able to submit an outfit using it 48 hours *after watching the video*.) In the meantime, I could select the item for my doll to wear in her outfit preview, but whenever I tried to submit a look, I'd get a pop-up saying I was wearing something I couldn't use again yet.

- Every aspect of it runs slow as molasses. (iPhone 7 Plus, latest version of iOS, over 100 GB of unused storage, no other apps open, strong WiFi connection) Oftentimes my past looks won't load. It'll say "Getting looks..." then display the "Win this outfit" preview window in place of the past look.

- My Popular Picks rewards so far: a K-star, $200, $200, $80, $50, $10, and $200. Some of those kash rewards were doubled after watching a video. ($20 instead of $10, woohoo...)

- I'm VERY happy Facebook players can participate. I'm glad voting is finally being rewarded, but I'm disappointed the rewards are pittances. (Voting 50+ times for $10? Pfffffft.) I don't like that the event stretches on for 7 days. I'm not buying tickets (especially not for a buggy test event) and I don't have a strong opinion yet on Trendsetters.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    My doll Sarah Paulson just got her new eyes.

She is serving you "Eyes of Laura Mars" teas right now. Don't hate me, Faye Dunnaway.

Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I think what is irking me about this sys event in particular is that my game doesn't notify me when my looks have expired. It's annoying asf on how often I gotta open up my game to see when it's time to create a new look when my 6 hrs are up.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• PicThisTiaPicThisTia Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    Was  far ahead before before class at 8am came back at 4pm to see now the other girl 100 ahead of me. Oh this SYS thing logic got me wig backwards confuse. Do we go against others that are on our level or general group bc I won’t have a chance w someone who been doing this for years . Lol good news hard work got me finish the weekly event yazzz. Woot woot.