🎄 KK:H WeekDay Event - 12/24/18 Deck the Halls - is it Christmas Yet?

Comments

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Oh man I've been out of phone reception for 3 days and I didn't think I'd get the chance to get the dress, but I managed to submit my two tickets just as the timer ran out and scraped up enough votes between them to get it over the line. I was pleasantly surprised it didn't just say "no more submissions accepted" in the last 6 hours of the event!!

Edit: still like 7th in trendsetters though, oh well
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    The final tally! Congratulations to all those that spent at least 10 real dollars in tickets to bid on the hair!! 😂😂
  • ValerieGrayValerieGray Registered Users, Member 685 Posts

Ouch😂😂😂
    I play on Amazon kindle!
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited December 2018
     Honestly shocked!! I didn’t buy any tickets. Only one person in my group that I know of got a few on the first day but they got 3rd. I can’t imagine a bidding war for this, but for free I love it all!!

I do think the hair & dress are cute! And I’m so happy I won! I actually love the hair on my doll, I think it’s really classy, but my favorite item is the shoes tbh 😂 they’re the perfect simple & classic gold heels that my wardrobe needed
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @Marle and Ali giving you their best "Mother of the Bride" lewk:

iOS
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Im in love!! The hair is so cuuute! I’m glad I won without buying any tickets. I was lucky enough to have a group that didn’t buy any tickets so it was really fair. 
  • MarleMarle Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @Marle and Ali giving you their best "Mother of the Bride" lewk:

I never even thought "mother of the bride" but now that you mention it I can definitely see it :lol:
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    This SYS was definitely rough but worth it in the end. 

IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts

Wait a minute.... who’s who?
    (feat. @webra and @KKHLucy)

platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Worked all day and then I got home and this....

Okay so even though I'm not really into this entire look, I'm still stoked to win it. I find this entire getup a little too conservative GOP, high end, southern belle, wifey for me. Like I should wear a MAGA hat on my casual days or something. There is no flava in this outfit. Thank God for the plunging neckline because it adds a slight slut factor.
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    Rikk said:
    They see me rollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' birdie
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' birdie
    Tryin' to catch me ridin' birdie

One parrot, limitless possibilities 

UPDATE: 41 votes!  :D
    this made my whole day lol quoting so more people can enjoy
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

Casually showing off the trendsetter shoes.
    IOS Player 
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts

My sad box choices for this week. Accessories & kash.
    On the bright side, I finished the event with 1230 points & no extra tickets purchased. But I needed every look to get there. The hair color is very pretty. Only me & the doll who bought tickets finished the event in our group.
    I got 2nd in Trendsetters. I was first off and on, but the doll who bought tickets in the beginning bought some in the end to get first. Only the top three of us were above 1000 points which I found surprising. I still think this event has too high of a point total for the average player & that definitely proved it for me. 1000 points would still be challenging for this SYS style.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    It's my first time to be in the trendsetter competition and it's so thrilling 😍 I'm so grateful that I came in 5th! I have never accomplished such before~  I can't believe I got this beautiful dress! 😍

✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    my girl haylee bought tickets and STILL couldn't complete the event.
    if this ain't some s**t.
    SHORTEN THE AMOUNT OF HOURS IN BETWEEN OUTFITS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Dixie is full on embracing Mother of the Bride. Pearls. Up do. Pissy because the groom’s friends are dancing like it’s a frat party. 

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    @Nayaritism and moi. Naya looks hot in her Cavalli dress but why does my doll look like Rupaul on copious amounts of female hormones?

#BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    This week, despite averaging about 48 points per look, the people in front of me was about 400 points ahead (tickets much!? 😂) so I accepted a graceful 3rd. I love the dress 😊
  • NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    @pua I love your Rupaul look! Super coincidence that I'm this very second watching drag race season 4 for like the umpteenth time. I like the look
    Platform: Amazon
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
  • NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I bought one ticket because I had to to finish the event, my 27 regular looks didn't cut it, best look was 53, worst was 36. 

Ended with 1194 points! So caved and bought one ticket because I'd come too far. My trendsetters was really fun though. No one bought tickets and me and another girl were always neck in neck for top spot. She ended with 1212 with her 27 looks, and the one look I bought brought me to 1242. I genuinely feel bad because she styled her butt off and was clearly better voted than me. And that makes me agree with @yezx and everyone saying there should be a 27 look cap for trendsetters, because then the rightful trendsetter wins.

I would have been happy at my earned second place but because the points to finish the original SYS is too difficult I needed to buy one ticket and that 28th look robbed someone of their earned glory!

Glu listen to us. Cap off trendsetters with 27 looks. And lower the final score by at least 100 points to account for some errors. It's ridiculous.

I feel like those two things are such minimal changes that would be enough to placate us and make the event enjoyable, and still earn you money for the people who just want to buy tickets to get their looks done quickly or need to make up for points beyond the given 100 points of error ( which in theory only amounts to two great looks anyway), and because you cap off allowed tickets to 2 for the timer, there will also still be those who are away from the game for more than 18 hours in this long event that would still pay for tickets to reach their 27 cap. So you still make money and it's fair and probably the minimalist of requests to making SYS and trendsetters better. 
    Platform: Amazon
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

@mikaylachimo, @HollySisk and @webra decided to hold an intervention and stop me from prancing around the world in my underpants. 

Then, we decided to start the partying with a bang at Times Square. 
    IOS Player 
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Delighted to come seeing I bought no tickets and I finished the event the person in first place was buying tickets from day 1! 

Also got earrings in my TB box earlier that day! 

I really wanted the shoes or hair from the first row! But the earrings are nice too and I love accessories! 

edited December 2018
    @pua I love your Rupaul look! Super coincidence that I'm this very second watching drag race season 4 for like the umpteenth time. I like the look
    Lol you know what's strange is drag race is better than america's next top model now. I've seen a season or two. I love Manila lol! Actually, a lot of the the higher end clothes in our wardrobe look like drag wear, now that I think about it. 

#BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I am so tired from this event. But I did get fist place in Trendsetter so well done. I did buy four tickets to finish the event. I did however reveal the voters’ favorite looks, they weren’t clubbing outfits. Everyone chose gowns and winter wonderlandy type of looks and that’s why my last seven looks were all in the 50s.I wish I knew this from the beginning. The girl that was in second place try to start a bidding war but gave up thankfully 😅 
    I like the hair more than I thought, the dress is gorgeous and the shoes.. I can never have enough simple stilettos in my closet 😂💖

• KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    I came in at #3 without buying tickets. It was a struggle, and, despite styling really carefully, not missing any submissions and getting pretty good votes, I only made it to the hair colour with my last possible look. I don't want another SYS event for a while.
    I never had a chance of coming top as #1 and #2 in my Trendsetter league vied all week for the hair and ended with over 3000 points each!  :o They must have spent at least 50 dollars on tickets and the one who came second ended up with the same prizes as me, who spent nothing. 
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Rikk said:
    They see me rollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' birdie

One parrot, limitless possibilities 
    this made my whole day lol quoting so more people can enjoy
    Thanks VampireBarbie, no one can stop me from taking Manolito to the club 😂
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I am so late in posting this since I got back from work. I'm kinda happy that I won 5th place in the trendsetters.

Yep and I found @soundspretty , @AliBryant , and @Rumpelstilzchen all wearing the same dress😍

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    I managed to end the Trendsetter in 5th place!
    Sadly i had to knowck out @MelanieKKH from the Top5 :P 
    (Actually i was 4th and Mel was 5th but aparently the 6th placed girl managed to go to 4th, knoking me to 5th and i knocked Mel to 6th)! :P 
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    These were my sys results. And let's just say that it was both good and bad 😂😂😂😂

I've only managed to get the earnable dress. And the posing is kinda quirky and I'm starting to quite like it a lot I'd must say🤔🤨

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited December 2018

I LOVE that necklace, Carol! 😍

This the first time that no one in my group bought tickets and I’ve been able to get the Trendsetters hair!  I’m excited; it will probably never happen again lol

I like the hairstyle; it’s very “special occasion,” like for a wedding or anniversary.