Update v9.8 Kicks off 2019

Comments

• FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    I dont belive the odds put out for a second. I always get Kash and energy on the first roll LITERALLY every single time and i usually roll every Kollection at least once and i have always gotten either Kash energy or an accesory. In this one i literally got every single thing i didnt want and im missing out on the things i rolled for in the first place. Im sorry but i belive these are rigged. The TB ones seem more legit but these? No way.
  • jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    So did k&k have a going out of business sale or anything beforehand? Just curious, I only played for like a week when it was first released...
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    This update is EXTREMELY UNDERWHELMING. Where are the storylines? And really? More Kollections? We get very little reward for how much we play/spend. I feel so bad for the ones who spend money for a VIP subscription and get hardly anything for the amount they spend monthly. It's quite obvious that the people at Glu don't care about KKH and player feedback. I'm close to pushing that uninstall button. 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    jaeann said:
    So did k&k have a going out of business sale or anything beforehand? Just curious, I only played for like a week when it was first released...
    No, just an announcement in the forum that there would be no further updates.
    iOS
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    well, this was underwhelming lmao.
    i feel like this game is on the outs. idk it feels like they wanna get as much money before stopping with updates and stuff, and in my case well i don't really care, but for the people who have invested so much money it feels like a slap in the face.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    jaeann said:

I wonder if we're getting the same announcement soon.:/  God, I hope not
    iOS
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    jaeann said:
    Nope an announcement on the forum is all and we had to force the truth out of them to get that 🙄
    alice_kkh said:
    AliBryant said:
    jaeann said:

I truly hope not, since Kim's contract with Glu runs through June 2020.
    iOS
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    alice_kkh said:
    AliBryant said:
    jaeann said:

I truly hope not, since Kim's contract with Glu runs through June 2020.
    According to a news page that published details of the terms, the contract would go until June of this year but the game could still be sold for extra 12 months. Which, to me, explained why they were releasing so many non-Kim related offers.

Its clear the new management changed the direction when they took over in 2016 - which was the peak of the game.

And honestly, they way they handle customers is so disrespectful. They never clarify anything. I was considering buying shares just to see if then I could get an explanation. But, it’s not worth it anymore. Depending on how this month rolls - eg if we don’t get another Kim SMC - I will stop spending any sort of money on this game as its clear to me that, at this rate, they won’t renew the contract with her and the game will slowly die until June of 2020, when they would have to cease selling the game. 

edited January 2019
    @AmeliaKKH That is incorrect. It is June 2020:  https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Glu+Mobile+%28GLUU%29+Extends+Licensing+Agreement+with+Kim+Kardashian+West/12064026.html

The article that was shared on Instagram was not the most recent agreement.
    iOS
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    This is honestly really alarming. Like I've made jokes about monetization in the past but it really seems like this game is being wound down and they're going to step away from it. Did a whole bunch of people working on this game leave? I'm quite concerned.
    We should see how the game did in Q4 2018 during Glu's quarterly report which will likely arrive the first week of February.  If the numbers have continued to decline I think that will provide more insight into the future of the game.
    iOS
    Lisylis said:
    This is honestly really alarming. Like I've made jokes about monetization in the past but it really seems like this game is being wound down and they're going to step away from it. Did a whole bunch of people working on this game leave? I'm quite concerned.
    It's funny, recently (in the last couple months), there was a news profile on Facebook's Business channel highlighting the head graphic designer for this game specifically as a leader in gaming for women. You would think just based on that publicity we would have seen a) more Kim stuff, and b) holiday events that were not a huge let down compared to previous years. I will see if I can find the piece, there was an accompanying video as well.
    iOS
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @AmeliaKKH That is incorrect. It is June 2020:  https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Glu+Mobile+%28GLUU%29+Extends+Licensing+Agreement+with+Kim+Kardashian+West/12064026.html

The article that was shared on Instagram was not the most recent agreement.
    Oh my god then what are they doing? 🤣🤣🤣 the Game was supposedly recovering and generating more money. Obviously not as much as the Top ones. 
    This update is EXTREMELY UNDERWHELMING. Where are the storylines? And really? More Kollections? We get very little reward for how much we play/spend. I feel so bad for the ones who spend money for a VIP subscription and get hardly anything for the amount they spend monthly. It's quite obvious that the people at Glu don't care about KKH and player feedback. I'm close to pushing that uninstall button. 
    And, if you've been around for the kollections when they first started, most of the 'special limited edition' ones are just the old ones that used to always be there before they removed them reused. they are getting so lazy its actually sad.
    FTR: My comment was to mask my extreme disappointment (that has already been raised by many forum friends) in the recent events and today’s update. A “laugh to keep from crying” if you will. 
    I DO feel that this game we love has been going downhill lately, and I had high hopes for the update (and 2019 in general) that we would get something amazing. It’s very clear that I am not alone in feeling disappointed. I won’t go into detail because I’m upset enough writing this and I have already agreed with the posts that expressed my exact feelings. 
    My wish is that the next update has something exciting for all of us! We have a ways to go, and a pleasant surprise is ALWAYS appreciated  💁🏼‍♀️
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • HazelnutLatteHazelnutLatte Registered Users 109 Posts
    I’m totally confused because I found this article, dated 8/06/18, that said that KKH was Glu’s fourth most revenue-generating app.  So why does it seem like they’re abandoning it?

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/kim-kardashian-hollywood-brings-in-8-million-1202896344/
    edited January 2019

I dug out my old phone just to prove my point. Energy. Kash. And 6 and 7 i literally got on my new account too on my first try. This cant be only for me?

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    edited January 2019
    if the contract extends until june of 2020, then it makes absolute sense they're going full force with monetized content now. it also makes sense they're pushing monetized content more than before, especially if numbers are declining (back then they didn't really need to do it because their userbase was still going strong).

i'm talking from a personal point of view, but when i got into this game i knew it was going to end at some point, and that, along with me being a broke college student, was the reason i never really invested huge amounts of money into it. i think i've probably spent at the most $80 in 4 years. that's why i personally don't really care if it ends. but i know that some people have spent thousands of dollars in the game, and i think that they are at least owed some effort that makes this game worth their money. like, in the end all of us made choices in regards to our own individual player experience (meaning, we all chose how much money and time we spent on the game, so that part's on us really), but i still think that as a matter of courtesy and acknowledgement of players' loyalty, they should at least put in more effort into new updates, as well as taking into account user feedback.

i'm still salty about y'all being like oh yeah we'll update achievements!**
    ** but only certain achievements.

♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @KKH_Raven There was a call about the calendar in the last update.  I think Simon says something about it, then says something like kim probably wants to tell you herself.  I think I took a screenshot.  Brb hopefully it will show what task triggered it.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    Fairytale said:

I dug out my old phone just to prove my point. Energy. Kash. And 6 and 7 i literally got on my new account too on my first try. This cant be only for me?

You always get a small accessory, cash or energy first and bundle at the end. 
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
    edited January 2019
    Fairytale said:

But they actually have a thing that shows you how big of a chance to get certain items

edited January 2019
    Fairytale said:
    Fairytale said:

But they actually have a thing that shows you how big of a chance to get certain items
    I don’t know, I always get cash, shoes, accessories or energy first. So I am talking from my experience. I’ve seen some players winning the bundles from the first try, but that never happens to me. 😂
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
    @KimsBestie I'll pray for you the next time you roll a Kollection girl!
    SugarK said:
    If I’m a Glu rep reading this thread I would be taking notice. These are not just comments from disappointed players, these are customers that are talking about withholding monies and concerns about the demise of the game!  Radio silence is never good in these situations, especially when we forum members are used to a fair amount of communications from Glu Gods and Goddesses. You have a significant amount of feedback Glu, now the ball is in your court as we wait to see what your next moves will be, and hope for the best. 
    Excellent point! I’m angry that I still haven’t received a discount offer on a kstar bundle- yet so many players have had the opportunity to get the same amount I’ve paid at half the cost. The list really goes on, and I can only IMAGINE having a VIP subscription charged to my account for 10-25 kstars with an IOU (that you might as well throw away and count your loses) attached. 
    Give us a good reason to say we are wrong. Shine some light. 
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
    Fairytale said:
    @KimsBestie I'll pray for you the next time you roll a Kollection girl!
    I’ll do the same for you Hun. We need some luck in our lives. 😂💋
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    I always knew that the day will come when KKH dies ,and I am still in denial. I have played since 7th of November, 2015. I went through my purchase history to find out the exact day. 
    And for someone who has invested so much not only financially, it will be really hard not having the game in my daily routine. I know the contract is extended and blah, blah... But they seem to be leading through a crash like they got nothing to lose. And compared to their other games, KKH is doing poorly. I can see why, two Kollections per week? A new player will be totally shocked. The game was so much fun. Now with these storylines... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not to mention the very poorly executed new SYS event... I love the idea of it, just not the execution. 
    Hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @mikaylachimo The new quests for this update are a continuation of the Tale of Crowns saga, and shooting a friendship calendar with Kim.
    ooo this makes sense, that's why i haven't received a call
    i might have it undone, thank you for this💞
  • KKHGaiaKKHGaia Registered Users, Member 72 Posts
    its definitely true that theyre just leaching our money off before they abandon this game. everything in the 2 pics below is from the Style Boss (how laughable) Kollection, and it looked like they had a bunch of the remaining KKG clothes in a bowl and the first 7 items they pull out is what will be in the Kollection.

Kollections used to be like "on theme" and everything matched but damn theyre starting to make these dolls look cheap despite it costing people 300-500 Kstars to complete a Kollection. yes, i do know we can mix and match those items better individually, but thats what closet items are for. were talking about a "limited time Kollection" here. ugh im h u r t

photo and doll credits: my sister lmao