Update v9.8 Kicks off 2019

Comments

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I always knew that the day will come when KKH dies ,and I am still in denial. I have played since 7th of November, 2015. I went through my purchase history to find out the exact day. 
    And for someone who has invested so much not only financially, it will be really hard not having the game in my daily routine. I know the contract is extended and blah, blah... But they seem to be leading through a crash like they got nothing to lose. And compared to their other games, KKH is doing poorly. I can see why, two Kollections per week? A new player will be totally shocked. The game was so much fun. Now with these storylines... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not to mention the very poorly executed new SYS event... I love the idea of it, just not the execution. 
    Hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
    i always knew the day will come but i honestly don't want it to get here
    not only because i've spent a lot on this game (financially, time, energy) but it's also a part of my daily routine and i made so many great friends because of it so the game is, in fact, such a good way for people to have fun and meet new people and just play and enjoy the gaming experience but lately they've done nothing but make this "gaming experience" hard for us
    releasing two Kollections per week is not okay, the new SYS has so many flaws that could easily get fixed if they listened to all of our constant feedback (which they have been asking for) and just listen to our general feedback, bring some of our ideas to the game, l i s t e n to your customers and don't just take away things from us
    so i hope this game is not ending soon because i enjoy it so, so much but i see everyone's points of view and why you all think this way as well
    it's disappointing and sad
  • FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts

I only got 5 videos today?... I thought you always got 20 :disappointed:
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @fairytale, some people will deny this, but we actually know for a fact that if you spend money on the game, your videos get reduced to 5.... Did you happen to buy something in-game :)?
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
    @yezx are you serious!? If i knew that i wouldnt have bought anything wtf?? Thats literally like the only way i have ever been able to get enough k stars to buy literally anything! Ugh. Im seriously questioning why i still play this. Thats literally the stupidest thing ever. I payed money so now i will have to pay even more to be able to get anything! :rage:
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    was the Rapid Recharge taken off for this update? It is no longer popping up for me. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Fairytale said:
    I haven't had Rapid Recharge or more than 4-5 videos per day for many months -- possibly even a year at this point.

As a non-VIP, this update is a snoozefest, and for VIP subscribers, it must feel like a slap in the face on top of that. To be honest, I haven't given Glu any of my $$$ in months, and the recent changes to SYS, increasingly blatant money-grabs, and constant lack of response to players' feedback have only reinforced my decision.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

Pez said:
    was the Rapid Recharge taken off for this update? It is no longer popping up for me. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Fairytale said:
    I haven't had Rapid Recharge or more than 4-5 videos per day for many months -- possibly even a year at this point.

As a non-VIP, this update is a snoozefest, and for VIP subscribers, it must feel like a slap in the face on top of that. To be honest, I haven't given Glu any of my $$$ in months, and the recent changes to SYS, increasingly blatant money-grabs, and constant lack of response to players' feedback have only reinforced my decision.
    I literally regret buying it now. honestly the game is probably ruined for me now cause k stars are hella expensive and im a student. i was so excited to finally get something in the game (i bought something in the game for the first time and i have played it for years and years) And i always rely heavily on ads to get k start so that i can do anything fun in the game at all. im cancelling my subscription to the bronze VIP. They honestly dont deserve the money and i still have my free trial so it wont charge me. Ugh, hope they are happy, they will probably lose me as a player now if im honest because i will get bored of constantly having no k stars at all and no way to get them. And im gonna tell my friend who was thinking about buying VIP not to. Good job glu! :smile:
    edited January 2019
    Gonna give my money to some other game that deserves it more, im incredibly salty. lol
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Love this jacket sm😍

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    @Fairytale

I really wish there was a warning before buying k-stars that told me my daily videos would go from 20 a day to 5 a day. As soon as I bought k-stars for the first time, this number dropped. I am also a student, and now I can no longer afford to fully participate in the game. I, like many others, can not afford to keep up with spending 500 kstars a week on new kollections, VIP events, etc. It's ridiculous. This game is so over-priced for what you get ($13.99 +tax for EYES?). 

I'm really losing interest in this game. The quality of items is going down. No storylines. Only good items cost a fortune AND you only have a chance at earning them (gift boxes and kollections). 
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    edited January 2019
    the storyline of this game used to be amazing. but not just the storyline, the locations/houses/characters as well. and now they are releasing updates with clothes and that's it. just clothes and nothing else. it's sad, i'm playing this game since the first day. i don't want to wait for an ending near by, but... what choice do i have? 
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Fairytale said:
    Pez said:
    Fairytale said:

I literally regret buying it now. honestly the game is probably ruined for me now cause k stars are hella expensive and im a student. i was so excited to finally get something in the game (i bought something in the game for the first time and i have played it for years and years) And i always rely heavily on ads to get k start so that i can do anything fun in the game at all. im cancelling my subscription to the bronze VIP. They honestly dont deserve the money and i still have my free trial so it wont charge me. Ugh, hope they are happy, they will probably lose me as a player now if im honest because i will get bored of constantly having no k stars at all and no way to get them. And im gonna tell my friend who was thinking about buying VIP not to. Good job glu! :smile:
    At least you get 5 videos per day! I get nothing... No videos, no offers to earn K - Stars... 😥 I only have the rapid energy re charge maybe twice a day...
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited January 2019
    My VIP would hardly ever work when I opened the game, so it would take hours/a few days after the update to get the quests and if I wanted to buy something early, I'd have to just wait until it finally kicked in (I once got a tile in the daily box that would've finished my collection and gotten my an outfit but since VIP wans't working, it didn't count...awesome....). I got tired of that so I finally canceled last month and boy am I glad I did. The suggestion from users was always an item PLUS a few Kstars since it was supposed to be so "VIP" not one or the other cause a new rollout is gonna be next month and you don't even know if it'll be worth it (lately, the guess is probably not).

I also wish there was a way to just X out of certain Kollections forever. I'm sorry but the RC ones are just not worth 500+ for the bundle only AFTER i get kash, energy, shoes I'll never wear, 2 bags, and a jumper that pales out my doll.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • surrjanesurrjane Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I’m sorry, but what about this says “update” besides the new clothing items in the closet? Seriously, 2 of the 3 highlights are kollections and SYS.....things we already get weekly (weekly-ish for the SYS). I am so confused. Reading this thread has made me sad and worried. I miss the new locations and businesses and things to actually strive for in the game. 
    A++ Lister (I can't convince myself to grind my way through the dating comeback). Level 82. Max Fans.
  • KKHGaiaKKHGaia Registered Users, Member 72 Posts
    sorry Glu but i would easily choose the doll on the right to be crowned "Style Boss" lmao

again, i dont mind basic KKG items being put in KKH (bc they do have nice stuff), but as long as theyre 1) in the closet 2) Kash items 3) or maybe like 15-20 Kstars. putting them behind expensive Kollections, under VIP, and in the closet as exp KStars items (50 stars for the horrendous dress??) will definitely spark an outrage since technically they are recycled. this isnt a Kollab or a Krossover. however, thank you though for slowly putting in more decent Kash clothings for us. we really appreciate when you listen and improve! :-)

• JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Reading this thread makes me question why the f I still play. Why do we stick around with a company that does not answer our concerns and really just does not care at all, and is terribly cheap? If this was a person most of us would run for the hills! @Fairytale I'm sorry you were caught in a trap. 😥 Many of us were, see the link in my signature. Losing the 20 videos was the most heartbreaking thing in this game for me, I should have quit it right away.
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    This is all so sad and frustrating. I’m hoping a glu employee will be along to address some of the issues to be honest as there are legitimate concerns here; 

- why the constant insistence on kollections when many players have said they don’t enjoy them and believe them to be rigged? Making money is important as a company but surely you’d have better luck selling bundles or sales on k stars? at least address the complaints with kollections - why do they increase each time so you end up paying 90 stars for a basic af top or energy? why is energy and kash even in the kollections at all? it’s bad enough that gift boxes have kash and energy but to pay stars to get pretty much useless kash and energy is horrible 
    - why the decrease/decline in storylines? 
    - why has SYS not been changed to reflect feedback? If you are happy with how sys workss, why ask for feedback in the first place? 

I feel really sad at the moment. Christmas and new year were a bust, we were all so excited for the update and now I feel like we are basically pinning all our hopes on a fantastic Valentine’s Day event but that’s tragic!! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    It will truly be heartbreaking when this game dies. I'm pretty sure a lot of us spent embarrassing amounts of money on this thing. I just read today that Taylor Swift didn't renew her contract with GLU. That and Kim's lack of involvement in the game is really making me think that this game is gonna die a slow terrible death. 
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I just finished the Tale of Crowns shoot. Why is it just a single task with no follow up? I remember back in the old days we would get a storyline with the update that would last for like three or four tasks and actually have a plot or some kind of story arc or like, something rather than just a single shoot. I saw how you were like "oh the next shoot will take a while to set up" but who even cares, if the plot events are going to be a month apart from each other? What is the point of doing this at all? This kind of stuff works in a game if you're updating every week but you're clearly not. I don't want to wait 4 weeks for a single 8 hour task with like 6 lines of dialogue, and for that to be called plot progression. What is the point?
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Seeing you guys talking about the end of the game is so sad to me :( because i really enjoy playing it with all it’s flaws. I hope it will last more. 
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • KimsBestieKimsBestie Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    So... Did anyone got their offer for KKW Contour back as promised? Because I still don’t have it...
    🌸 Pink is my colour 🌸
    🌸 iOS player 🌸
    ☁️ 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Probably some time today. 
    iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Can we take a minute out for a question?  Does anyone remember a task recently where Simon called, and said something about a calendar, then saying something like Kim will tell us when the time is right or something.  It struck me as odd, but I can't find the screenshot.  Then, in this update we get the call he spoke about?  If you remember that, do you know what task had just ended before the call?
    A few players don't have the calendar storyline and I'm trying to backtrack it.

(as far as the update and speculation,  since Glu did put the announcement about the VIP change for next month, i think we'll know a lot more when that happens.  I had let my VIP lapse last month, and was about to renew but i'll wait and see what works out.    Hmmmmm,  if we haven't done all the VIPs, do you get to pick the one you get or is it assigned by the game?)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @kokokokonut I do, I did this storyline pretty recently, I only took a screenshot because the dublin background is so pretty :D

iOS
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    @kokokokonut I really don’t remember but I record all my storylines. Do you have a timeframe so I can check the recordings? 
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    Julliette said:
    Seeing you guys talking about the end of the game is so sad to me :( because i really enjoy playing it with all it’s flaws. I hope it will last more. 
    It’s so sad. But it’s the thing is... this game could be making so much more money and it could still be great! Changes are fun cause they keep the game interesting but there’s no point if they don’t add MORE and create more. We just need someone in who actually cares about this game. There are tons of great ideas and enough feedback to know which direction to follow. It’s just poor KKH businesses. 
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @Fairytale

I really wish there was a warning before buying k-stars that told me my daily videos would go from 20 a day to 5 a day. As soon as I bought k-stars for the first time, this number dropped. I am also a student, and now I can no longer afford to fully participate in the game. I, like many others, can not afford to keep up with spending 500 kstars a week on new kollections, VIP events, etc. It's ridiculous. This game is so over-priced for what you get ($13.99 +tax for EYES?). 

I'm really losing interest in this game. The quality of items is going down. No storylines. Only good items cost a fortune AND you only have a chance at earning them (gift boxes and kollections). 
    It’s ridiculous. I read about this somewhere right after I started playing and this is the only reason why I’m not spending any money in the game. I’m lucky that I found out about this before buying anything, but still I’m missing out on so many things because of this. I would love to buy smcs, holiday gift boxes and even kstars occasionally, but I just can’t afford to buy 100000 stars to keep up with the game every week. 😐
    iOS
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Another huge red flag, is that Kim is not talking about the game anymore. She used to be very excited with every new update and even used to give us some spoilers in the past. And now I don´t see her talking about the game anymore on her Stories. This and the fact that we don´t get SMC´s anymore (not even the old ones) makes me think that she´s slowly stepping away from the game. 
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I remember back to the days when we used to get a video greeting from Kim with an update *sigh*
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I’m throwing in the towel. My last purchase of k stars over Black Friday is my last. I’ll keep playing as I’ve been invested for the last 3-4 years but I can’t justify putting more cash into this game. This last update is not even an update lol if they decide to actually listen to people who spend money on this game and put a little more effort in to it I’d gladly continue to make regular purchases. This is hands down my favorite mobile game and it stinks to see the direction it’s going.