5⭐KK:H Weekend Event - 1/04/19 First Weekend Event of 2019

Comments

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited January 2019
    This is why I hate Kollections. I love both pairs of shoes in them, but I'm willing to bet I'd have to spend over 200 Kstars to get the single pair and the usual 500 Kstars to get the bundle shoes. I don't want the dress or hair, just the shoes.

Earnables:
    shoes: love them
    dress/top?: interesting, will have to work with it once I get it. I have some hot pants that may make it look like I'm not wearing underwear!
    hair: it looks great and i'm happy it's earnable. it's not my doll's type, but hey, I have gobs of hairstyles my doll can use and I know some other dolls have been asking for ethnic styles without having to pay an arm and a leg. I'm excited for them cause I know it'll look great on them

GB:  gotta laugh that the $ dress wouldn't be earnable, but that's fine. i love to see it on Kim, but I'm not totally in love with it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • JessKKHJessKKH Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I'm just praying to god Glu has given us our ***damn weekend storylines back. We can't keep on doing 3 different gigs each time those are a chore and boring, we need storylines that leave us on the edge of our seats waiting for more. Those (in my opinion) were the best things concerning the weekend events.
  • t_treet_tree Registered Users, Member 256 Posts
    I am obsessed with the money outfit! If only I had the k stars to chase. Same with the kollection. But what do you know, I bought up several kollections in December and spent all of my k stars I bought on Black Friday. I want to be strong and stand firm against the man, but my self-restraint is lacking at times 😂

• HazelnutLatteHazelnutLatte Registered Users 109 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’m already starting to wonder what’s next after KKH ends.  There are enough people still playing that I wonder if they’ll create a new game like it, but without Kim or another star so that they don’t have to share any of the proceeds.  I didn’t try any of the other Glu games like Katy Perry Pop, but after KKH ends I assume that a lot of us will then be looking for a new game to play.
  • HazelnutLatteHazelnutLatte Registered Users 109 Posts
    edited January 2019
    (Deleted—random question I had that I figured out.)
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    edited January 2019
    When I first got here, I thought Kollections was a normal thing on KKH. Like I really thought every single person on here spent close to $400 a week because their dolls looks so good that they must buy up a storm. So I thought maybe if I buy up two Kollections a week, then I'll catch up. I spend a lot of money on Kollections and I really don't feel good about it. It's like a temporary high and then you realize that you just bought something you can't eat, wear, or show off. It's like a dirty little secret that eats away at you. I'm broke most of the time and it's sad. But maybe the hidden blessing here is with the inevitable demise of KKH, I can finally get my life and money back, and also pursue real meaningful things in life. 
    Now that Kim seems disinterested in continuing her presence in KKH, then perhaps the Kardashian spell is finally over. At least for me, it might just be. 
    And if Kim is out of the equation, then will all this be like a Stardom reboot?
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • MynameisDee82MynameisDee82 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Hello, I have a question. When will the Weekend Event start? 
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    YESSS!! Only item I wanted and got it the first time!! 🎉😍
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    My free box! Happy cause it’s the only thing I wanted 😍 this never happens to me 😂
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts

My free box if anyone needs patterns. 
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts

🙄
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    If anyone wins the red dress from the kollection please post a pic. I didn’t so far :(

:o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @mikaylachimo The Erica Jayne SMC is back!! I am so happy! Thank you Glu for finally bringing a gorgeous SMC! 
    I got the coat in my free box. Then I got two daily box items 🤨 Then I got the boots and the hair. I wanted the hair but the coat is actually really good. Tip always pick the second to left box. For me there is always an item in that box on my first try. 

• EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    YESSS!! Only item I wanted and got it the first time!! 🎉😍
    @Chelsea123 Oh, well done doll! Looks gorgeous on you! I can only hope I get that kind of luck when I pick my free box!
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    edited January 2019
    That red kollection dress is really pretty. I had a go because I thought the chances of getting an item I wanted slightly outweighed the chances of getting something gross (not always the case!) and I got the non-bundle hair.

I tried it on while wearing the gold box glasses I got in the weekday event and I feel like my doll looks like some kind of meme about tumblr art school students

Not to seem ungrateful, because hair is always rare in kollections! But pls someone recommend me ways to style this?

Edit: I wasn't hoping for anything in particular but I am very pleased with my free box!!

• Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    ArianaKKH said:
    SO HAPPY! 💜
    I am so jealous😫
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • Julia88Julia88 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Wow, this was my pallet today. Wonderful isn't?)))

I play on Android
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    Ok so I just had a brainwave... how about replacing the money in the gift boxes with XP points?
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
  • KKHGaiaKKHGaia Registered Users, Member 72 Posts
    im feelin this look

• RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    MNieuw said:
    Ok so I just had a brainwave... how about replacing the money in the gift boxes with XP points?
    Not a good one! You'll be #1 in no time. Then XP points are totally useless. 
    Android
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I got energy in my free box

iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

Incredibly thankful to to my designer who sewed a bunch of $1 bills for me
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    alice_kkh said:
    I got energy in my free box

Im at my free box now you can guarantee that’s what I will get too! 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    ...it's really obvious that with Kim's contract ending in 2019 or 2020 the Kollections and all that other stuff is the strategy they came up with to push out the "nicer" items for as much money as possible, while all the uglier stuff and boring content is free or earnable. It's their way of getting users to hemorrhage $$$$ from now until the game shuts down because they know some people will keep spending money no matter what...
    ...As long as people keep funneling hundreds of dollars on a regular basis for all the shiny carrots Glu is dangling, they're going to keep doing what they're doing.

I think everything @pizzaparty said is really astute and important. In-game content that you pay for doesn’t have any set value or guarantees. The game could stop being updated tomorrow and it’s might crash so incessantly that you can’t play. Items could disappear. Features that you paid for could stop working and support stops responding to tickets. The same thing happened with KKG and of course there wasn’t an announcement for the first two years (because then people would have stopped spending money.) There are no guarantees with mobile games.

I buy beautiful RPGs for Xbox One with confidence because I can rely on the fact that I have thousands of hours of amazing gaming ahead of me. If you think you might struggle with gaming addiction and spending, read up on lost cost fallacy and play smart! I totally feel your pain about the thought of the game ending, and KKG taught me an important lesson about spending real money on mobile games. 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Very excited to have grabbed some k-stars that I can use in my free box! Yay :)