SYS - Haute Couture Theme Starts 1/7/19 !

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited January 2019
    That look is fabulous.  The voters knew what they were doing Doll.  Congratulations on a great score!  The blonde picks up a light color in the dress and shows off a lot of detail in the hair highlights.  Blonde def works with that dress.  Although, maybe a nice chestnut would do well also.  ;)  But you look fab.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @AliyahKKH Is there a point discrepancy of 1 point or is it more than that?
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I just noticed this, and maybe the other SYS events have been like this, but when our dolls are in the basic default pose and not holding anything (arm folder on hip), our dolls DO NOT MOVE. All other poses have the dolls breathing and blinking.

Is this new?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @webra, do you mean in the SYS event itself? my doll is breathing and blinking in it
    iOS
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    @webra, do you mean in the SYS event itself? my doll is breathing and blinking in it
    During voting. When two dolls are side by side, look to see if one is holding a clutch or in the new "dead arm" pose. Compare it to the default pose when their hands are on the hips. 
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
    @webra ok yes! That is happening in my game too. Dolls without a handheld item are frozen.
    iOS
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @webra i think they incorporated the breathing from the last update with the poses ( maybe due complains that the doll look really lifeless in that pose with clutch or handheld items )
    IOS Player 
    @TrashleyKKH the problem is that now dolls without handhelds are not breathing or blinking
    iOS
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    webra said:
    ...when our dolls are in the basic default pose and not holding anything (arm folder on hip), our dolls DO NOT MOVE. All other poses have the dolls breathing and blinking.

Could be an interesting way to use makeup that doesn’t look good when our dolls blink!

Also might account for the disproportionate votes for dolls carrying handhelds. Hmm...
    edited January 2019
    AliBryant said:
    @TrashleyKKH the problem is that now dolls without handhelds are not breathing or blinking
    That sounds morbid out of context. I didn’t notice that. Maybe it can be fix in a future update. 

Edit: I just did some voting and omg. It is creepy ! They are like frozen in time. 
    IOS Player 
    Latest looks! I'm trying not to reuse any dresses and so far so good. Although that 44 is my lowest score yet for this event. That dress is kinda meh but I was going for a flower theme.

iOS
    I just checked my game and see what you're talking about. Sorry if some of the dolls look creepy! I've asked the team to look into it! 
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I finally reached the hair. Yass! I love it! I myself couldn't and wouldn't rock short hair. Closest I tried was nearly 10 years ago when I had a Victoria Beckham bob. My doll, Sarah Paulson can rock anything, though. There is no 'do where she can't make it work. 

I adore this look on Sarah Paulson. She's serving you Josephine Baker/Nicole Murphy (Eddie Murphy's ex-wife), and Halle Berry when she did that Dorothy Dandridge  biopic years back. In other words, this hairstyle is a sentimental nod to the pincurl hairstyle that women did in the 1920's that came and went, and came back again all through out fashion history.
    #MoreVintageHairstylesPlease
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
    Yassss @pua!!!! Sarah Paulson looks like she is the hostess with the mostest at the hottest Gatsby / swinging 40s / flapper party!!!!
    IOS Player 
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    Yassss @pua!!!! Sarah Paulson looks like she is the hostess with the mostest at the hottest Gatsby / swinging 40s / flapper party!!!!
    Guuuuurl, yasss! We should do Gatsby style benders to celebrate. #PourItUp, #WatchMyWigFallOut
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    Latest looks! I'm trying not to reuse any dresses and so far so good. Although that 44 is my lowest score yet for this event. That dress is kinda meh but I was going for a flower theme.

the 44 was my favorite one. Go figure it with the voters 
  • Starbeans BaristaStarbeans Barista Registered Users 31 Posts
     For guys it's really like a goldmine this time, with 205 Kstar milestone added bonuses + 150 Kstar 1st place trendsetter reward.🏆
    It's both a blessing and a curse. Us guys don't get as much outfits featured compared to girls but get pumped a lot of Kstar from these SYS events.🤔
    True love begins when nothing is looked for in return :o
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    @mikaylachimo & @EllaCharlotte sooo i submited the pink outfit and so far its my best look! It got 48 votes!!!
     o:)  o:)o:)o:)
    Woo! Great news! So pleased for you @LovelyEmma :)
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • DaisyrodriguezkkhDaisyrodriguezkkh Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I'm sorry if anyone saw the post about the kollections
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited January 2019
    The frozen without a handheld thing was an issue in the last SYS too!

I remember thinking it was really odd. It’s especially creepy for any doll in a dress that makes your legs stand together (like the previous trendsetter ones!) because even if they don’t have a handheld I think it’s the pose and they make more jerked movements than dolls with handhelds like they’re trying to move but the pose is preventing them or something 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • AliyahKKHAliyahKKH Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @AliyahKKH Is there a point discrepancy of 1 point or is it more than that?
    its 30 points less on ranking that it is for the rewards :neutral:@KalindaKing
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    Obsessed with the shoes and clutch. I earned the dress, but this outfit just calls my name. 
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    this is happening to me too (it has been happening for a while), not only while voting but in my Friends list
    dolls without handheld items are not breathing or blinking (auras work fine)
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Obsessed with the shoes and clutch. I earned the dress, but this outfit just calls my name. 
    you look gorgeeeous!
    and your baby pug is adorable
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    @judithkkh Thank you so much! I’m obsessed with the pug I wish he had an earnable outfit!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @judithkkh Thank you so much! I’m obsessed with the pug I wish he had an earnable outfit!

@samaaanthaaa Maybe in a future update they will add more pet clothing! 😎😻🐶
    These are a few of my top looks so far. Hopefully I’ll get 50+ votes soon!

#VIPKalinda
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    The red look was my mom's, she had fun making it

This last one, the accesories are a mess, the things I wanted to use were all blocked
    @Koakuma I love that you invited your mom to style a look! You can ask her to pick a box next  <3
    #VIPKalinda
  • HazelnutLatteHazelnutLatte Registered Users 109 Posts
    I finally completed my first Kollection, and while I love the bundle, I had to totally deplete my supply of K-stars in order to get it (of course, it was the very last item).  So now I have no K-stars, but at least the dress got one of my higher SYS scores.

Hair color really does seem to make a difference.  I like the dark red hair color, but voters don’t seem to like it that much.  Aside from the look above, my best SYS results this event have been with platinum blonde, white, and black.