SYS - Haute Couture Theme Starts 1/7/19 !

Comments

• Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    Girls night with @kokokokonut and @LindaVB .

I wasn't sure if I would like the outfit, but it's cute! Oh and Koko I love your cat ears!
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    My latest three looks:

The forum has been a great source of inspiration for me so I figured I’d keep posting my looks as well!
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
    Dressed to impress @yezx and @melissakkh!

she/her
    add me here
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts

Omg @HazelnutLatte, does your doll have a beauty mark? I’ve always wanted one in real life and I even used to draw one on with eyeliner when I was in high school :) Did you buy it in a special makeup look?
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My latest three looks:

The forum has been a great source of inspiration for me so I figured I’d keep posting my looks as well!
    Wow love your second look doll😍
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited January 2019

I'm honestly over this whole sys event😒. It's so long and boring😴. Why does it have to take a whole week for this to end glu smh🤦🏾‍♀️

And I wish that there was a skip button at the voting booth. Some of the looks that I have seen on my game are so ridiculous lol that 😹😹😹😹I'm slowly starting to lose interest in continuing voting for these dolls. These looks are so off-theme and these are the basic beginner dolls that are winning the popular votes and are outbeating me. Hmm🤔🤨 I'm honestly curious to see my opponents glu. Whew chile gawd 😅 glu you have gots to be kidding me rn because this seems to be like a huge joke to me😂😂😂😂. This is too much smh🙄😑😐

Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@Carol Davida thank you doll!! I’ve loved seeing your looks 💕
    she/her
    add me here
  • HazelnutLatteHazelnutLatte Registered Users 109 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @Rikk She does, I think it was either an earnable item or a gift box item from years ago.  (I have a hard time remembering where all the different items came from!)  

Maybe they’ll appear in one of your throwback boxes sometime!  I noticed there’s also a different pair of lips available in the make-up looks section that has the beauty mark below the lips.
  • AliyahKKHAliyahKKH Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    AliyahKKH said:
    @AliyahKKH Is there a point discrepancy of 1 point or is it more than that?
    its 30 points less on ranking that it is for the rewards :neutral:@KalindaKing
    @KalindaKing
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited January 2019
    my highest score has been 52 a few times, my lowest was 39 (IN MY ZENDAYA BIRD DRESS VOTERS?! HOW DARE!). i'm doing well, but I know I'm not 100% on theme. And yes, I use the same hair multiple times cause I feel like it's the key (and I'm lazy to change her hair sometimes)

If I do really well and finish, knock on wood, I'm gonna go all birds with a look and just kinda go nutty with some stuff.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Prisha DhooprajPrisha Dhoopraj Registered Users 118 Posts
    Rikk said:

Omg @HazelnutLatte, does your doll have a beauty mark? I’ve always wanted one in real life and I even used to draw one on with eyeliner when I was in high school :) Did you buy it in a special makeup look?
    It's from a Christmas event in 2015 

• mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Day 4 looks. Used the first dress and it didn’t do too well so my other 3 dresses are all ones I already used in previous looks, but I tried to accessorize different and use different hairs at least. I wish I had a better closet for this theme. Also realized I went blonde all day so did a nice auburn for look 4. Still feelin pretty unmotivated.
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts

Here are my looks so far didn’t do to bad but neither good.. i only have 2 looks on 50 points and I also submit a dress I used before just styled it differently
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @Silz1217 I love that Cowgirl couture !

IOS Player 
    edited January 2019

my looks. It is slowing down a bit with votes but I think it is normal for me mid-event where my votes dip down a bit. 
    IOS Player 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    What the heck is going on... My last 4 looks got exactly 44 points each.  Not saying I'm all that but every look before that was around 50, so this seems suspect. Did the algorithm change again?

iOS
    Is she attending to a fashion show or a slumber party 😂 :lol: 😂 :lol:

Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Thank you @Chelsea123 for inviting my doll to the pic, we all look so great!
    This event has really been going well for me, here are my entries 13-16.

Thank you all for posting your looks, I really get a lot of inspiration from it!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    AliBryant said:
    What the heck is going on... My last 4 looks got exactly 44 points each.  Not saying I'm all that but every look before that was around 50, so this seems suspect. Did the algorithm change again?
    We didn't change how the event or voting process works. Keep trying to submit your best looks to get lots of votes!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts

The fact that repeat looks always do considerably worse can not be an accident tho. 😞 I try to avoid repeating looks as much as I can but sometimes I have no other choice

iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    As a test, I tried to submit a look with a lighter hair color and I only got 40 votes.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Tried the new Kollection gown and went back to platinum blonde and it was a hit!

iOS
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I have found that there are definitely no hard and fast rules for SYS besides that unique or rare clothes do better, but of course that’s kind of obvious. Lots of people have been accusing voters of not voting for dark skin dolls or dolls with darker or unique hair colors and I find that a lot of this hasn’t been accurate, at least in my personal tests. 
    @VampireBarbie you styled that printed coat soooo well, that bag is made for it!! 
    This is my highest scoring look so far. I think I missed a ticket so I am playing some catch up 🤷‍♀️ @alice_kkh this dress is a repeat and the first time I got 42 with it. 
    Also: not saying any of this to be argumentative, I just think maybe people are shying away from expressing their individuality more than they need to. 
    Everyone seems to find what works for them. I did the first few SYS events with my usual look and did ok. For me personally, making my doll blonde has increased my scores immensely, aside from whatever bump in the road I experienced yesterday. I am not telling everyone to go blonde, just that it's worth experimenting.
    iOS
    I been using the pink hair for my looks and they been doing well for me! Personally, I think SYS, you want to stand out. You have to figure in your game if voters gravitates towards certain dresses etc. For example, last event, my looks that have gold accessories just flop for some reasons. So I just have to shift all my looks with silver accessories. This event, both seem to score equally. You really can’t be sure until you do a bit of experimenting on your own. But regardless, it is important to have fun!
    IOS Player 
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @charlottegold Hmm, then maybe it’s just me idk, but whenever I use the same dress twice it gets much lower votes the second time. Love your look btw 💕

I don’t think I would’ve been able to finish the winter wonderland themed sys without your tip to try blonde hair, so thanks again @AliBryant ! This time I’m doing all right with my doll’s natural hair color so I think it also depends on the theme, but certain outfits definitely look better with blonde hair, so I like changing it up for sys events, not just for the votes but because it’s fun to play around with different hair colors

iOS
    @charlottegold thank you so much!! 💛

My latest looks have also done a bit worse than my others:

But I’ve also noticed that most people who have submitted the middle dress haven’t gotten a ton of votes so I guess voters aren’t crazy about it.

Good luck everyone in the final days of the SYS!
    she/her
    add me here
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    @TrashleyKKH thank you it didn’t have much success though it only scored me 40 points 😢 but oh well 
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I agree about the light hair. Pink,,lilac, silver or ash blonde  highlights come out more than many dark hair colors . You know when I'll be very grateful that it's 11150 to ginish.....when I only need one more round instead of 2.  ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    Totally agree with everyone, some hair/ skintones look better with different outfits! Honestly though i think I really overthink everything sometime - I don’t know how long everyone else spends evaluating the outfits but for me it’s fairly split second.