đŸ—łïžSYS - New Fashion Voting Event Starts 1/18/19 !

Comments

• pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I wish glu would troll people and lock all the gowns and xmas items we've seen during every SYS!

I also wish this was more "french street style" than "glam" because I know many people will interpret glam=gala attire. I lived in France for almost 2 years and was shocked at first bc women literally wear sneakers with dresses and suits to the club. Their wardrobes are mostly black and nice neutral colors with very effortless laid back hairstyles and a touch of bright lipstick. Stereotypical but accurate. Most of them think American-style overly done makeup is tacky lol.
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    French Glamour - I shall await the bikinis and ball gowns 😂
    Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about the event. I like the earnables and the trendsetter items (especially the dress!) but everyone ignores the theme anyway and just puts on a ball gown for votes, and whilst I’ve managed to become the #1 Trendsetter twice now (btw I NEVER pay towards the game, so all tickets were standard) I have a feeling there’ll be some sort of fix this week (a high scoring bot perhaps?) to ensure as few people reach the top without paying as possible, due to the popularity of the dress. 

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @pizzaparty I was thinking exactly that! The tacky plastic style of the Kardashians is like polar opposite of chic, effortless, French style. 
    iOS
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    edited January 2019
    AliBryant said:
    @pizzaparty I was thinking exactly that! The tacky plastic style of the Kardashians is like polar opposite of chic, effortless, French style. 
    thank you. The whole see-through, boobs out, high-waisted camel toe look that the Kardashian women wear is not typical French fashion. I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices it.
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @AliBryant Here is an outfit I created that I think is French Girl meets Glamour. It’s really busy, red is overpowering ( in a good way ). This is totally something I will wear while shopping in Paris. It’s so circa 2000s SATC vibez. But I think I lot of people will take the “glamour” part of the event wrong. It’s not about gowns and looking carpet ready. This is why I don’t like this event. I cannot be creative, I have to please the voters. In the Haute Couture event I was like a robot producing these ball gowns when they had nothing to do with the theme.

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    is There a difference between French Chic, and French Glamour?  I know I’ll start out well, then the gown will take over. If a Gown is what glamour is to the vast majority, how can we expect to not see them?   I’m going for romantic, with a touch of sexy. True i’ve Never been there.  
    ‘We all know what French Means, but look at all,these variations for Glamour & Glamorour from thesaurus.com

‘According to these, not much ISNT Glamour or glamorous.  Unless we own an elegamt one, I don’t think we should see any bikinis.

i thought looking it up would help.  Ha. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🩋Purple Headed ♊+ đŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android 🩋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Wow, so many posts and the SYS has not even started yet! 

The earnables are not to my liking, the Trendsetters items on the other hand are amazing!! It really is a shame that Glu would put the items in there. I understand it from their business point of view, but as an honest customer I really feel betrayed and let down by Glu..
    My thoughts as shared multiple times:
    1. Shorteni the new SYS, they come too often and last too long.
    2. Access to lookbook
    3. Stacking more tickets than 2, (I hate waking up in the middle of the night just to open a game)
    4. No 1-3 in Trendsetters should get all the prizes, not just no 1
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KKH_RavenKKH_Raven Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    I actually really  like the accessories and hair in the trendsetter price, but Im actually scared of not even getting those! Cause I have a bad feeling so many are gonna go crazy for the dress that all the spots will be filled with 3000 pointers 😬 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Sad to see there’s people who don’t have to worry about if they’re going to make their rent, or be able to keep their phones on, or if they’ll be able to get food for the entire month. Sorry not everyone can throw money at a game. For some people this game makes them happy, it makes them feel rewarded. So, when those people realize they don’t even have a chance, it’s not fun anymore. So before you start running your mouth, remember not everyone lives the same life you do. 
    So true đŸ’ŻđŸ‘ŒđŸŸ doll. Beautifully said. There are way more more important things to be spending money on besides buying virtual clothes for your doll because it isn't a necessity. And I do treat myself ever once in while from time to time. And it has come to a point where I actually felt embarrassed with how much money that I've spent on this game. Well, dang glu y'all gotta do better than that and we as your paying customers are asking you to listen to our suggestions and feedback and to put a stop to this madness once and for all.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmâ˜ș

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• isamesmoisamesmo Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    edited January 2019
    is There a difference between French Chic, and French Glamour?  I know I’ll start out well, then the gown will take over. If a Gown is what glamour is to the vast majority, how can we expect to not see them?   I’m going for romantic, with a touch of sexy. True i’ve Never been there.  
    ‘We all know what French Means, but look at all,these variations for Glamour & Glamorous from thesaurus.com

‘According to these, not much ISNT Glamour or glamorous.  Unless we own an elegamt one, I don’t think we should see any bikinis.

i thought looking it up would help.  Ha. 
    There's always bikinis... Dont matter how nonsense it is, someone has to wear bikinis on sys đŸ€ŠđŸ»â€â™€ïž
     looking for android friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/isaamesmo
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    So now that everyone has seen what I would love to submit, I figured it’s time to be realistic and post what I’m probably gonna end up actually using 😂😂 again, please feel free to criticize or change any and everything and please post some looks. I loved @melissakkh’s take on it as well. 

This is what I have in mind for the theme. It’s probably way off what the voters want but please feel free to help my poor soul and recommend any changes, I bombed enough last sys 😕

They all look really nice and appropriated to the theme but i guess the first look is over accessorized.. If u show for me, u have my votes 💛
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    @isamesmo yeah, you’re definitely right. Might drop the earrings on that look, the hair is fancy enough. Sadly too scared to use pants, I feel it might bomb 😕
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @Amilicious thank you gorgeous! The first three looks from you I really like and that’s what French Glamour should be IMO. I would do the last outfit with a different skirt, something lighter or keep the skirt and go black/red. 
    Your first two gown looks are beautiful but the third I am not feeling for this theme. I feel like if we were to submit gowns at least I will go more darker and monochromatic. 
    Sad to see there’s people who don’t have to worry about if they’re going to make their rent, or be able to keep their phones on, or if they’ll be able to get food for the entire month. Sorry not everyone can throw money at a game. For some people this game makes them happy, it makes them feel rewarded. So, when those people realize they don’t even have a chance, it’s not fun anymore. So before you start running your mouth, remember not everyone lives the same life you do. 
    Thank u sm for saying this. I've played this game waaaaay back in 2014/2015, uninstalled and started playing again last november. Never spent any real money on the game bc I live alone, I have to pay for my rent, my bills, my food with a certain quantity per month. I wish I could give $30 on tickets or even buy k-stars, but where I live $30 its so much money, that I dont have. I could spend less? Yes, I could, but It would take out the luxuries I give to myself on real life, like going out on a saturday night or my middle week stop at Burger King to nuggets and french fries. I really like this game and I feel so sad about all the things I can't have because I can't spend real money on It. Most people can't. So thanks again for saying this @samaaanthaaa, its nice to see people who care about and advocate for people like me. 
    @isamesmo yeah, you’re definitely right. Might drop the earrings on that look, the hair is fancy enough. Sadly too scared to use pants, I feel it might bomb 😕
    People only vote for gowns even when that has nothing to do with the theme, that's sad. But use what u want, some people do vote on what's more appropriated. 
  • KathrineKapelliKathrineKapelli Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    OK, I've been trying not to add to the negativity but I wanted to say that this isn't the game I fell in love with a year ago. Yes, the fabulous clothes are still there but it used to also be about the engaging characters, fun storylines, lovely locations... now it's one long and stressful dress-up competition. I used to love SYS every now and then but every week? No thanks. It's less effort for Glu and more effort for players. I will take part because it's hard not to if you want to play the game, but I'm totally unmotivated. If this was a job (and it feels like an unpaid one sometimes) I'd be looking a new employer who appreciates and respects me!
    Daily Android player since January 2018.
    Add me as a friend here - I'll accept if I recognise you from these forums but PM me if I don't respond!
  • KimSkkhKimSkkh Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    This is what I have in mind for the theme. It’s probably way off what the voters want but please feel free to help my poor soul and recommend any changes, I bombed enough last sys 😕

@Amilicious i would vote for all of these they are perfect  <3

Android player

• jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    TRENDSETTERS PRIZES

I was so upset discouraged by the hair/dress flip that I forgot to mention how much I DO love the dress, clutch, and necklace! 😍 even with the modifications (no sleeves on the dress) it’s still very nice IMO.

Still not sure how the corsage fits in with an “ode to the constellation” theme.
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm not going to think too hard on this because winning looks never fit the theme anyway. I'm just going to submit what I think will get votes which totally defeats the purpose but that's the way this event works now I guess.

I'm also going to try opening my game a couple hours late to see if I get on a lucky list where nobody buys tickets. I'm just... not looking forward to this at all. 
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I'm in anticipation to see if glu listened. Almost one hour to go
  • AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    I love how you dolls are trying to understand the French Glamour, it is so sweet!
    But the thing is, as a French and Parisian girl myself, I don't know what it means ahah. Of course I have some ideas, but it's kind of shady for me too.  
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • estellagraziaestellagrazia Registered Users 14 Posts
    I’m still not receiving the SYS offer with the regular weekend updates. It usually pops up in the afternoon, so I am already at a disadvantage. 
    KKH/ iOS / v7.2.1 / iPhone Device/ Level 62
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @estellagrazia The SYS event hasn't started yet. Check your game in 30 minutes or so!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I'm anxious to see what everyone is dressing like.
      Back in Nov, the furniture store ordered the wrong chair with my sofa and loveseat.  It's coming between 11 and 3  and if they come while I'm trying  to submit a look I will get very cranky.  They made the wrong chair in the right fabric, so I've had that for 2 monthe, and you would think they would give me a deal if I kept the wrong one as well.  No. So now I've been inconvenienced and not in the mood. 
    I'm  doing sheer but not gown length.  And heavy heavy heavy on the romantic aspect.  Sexy heels and easy hair?

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🩋Purple Headed ♊+ đŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android 🩋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    edited January 2019

I don’t see the point of having a theme at all since we can’t submit anything other than gowns if we want high scores anyway 

Tbh I would love skip this event all together but I feel like I would regret not getting at least the clutch. So unless they changed the order I’m stopping at the skirt and hopefully that will get me the clutch as well. Who gets the clutch? Top 10?

iOS
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    I really hope they changed it...
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone. 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.