🗳️SYS - New Fashion Voting Event Starts 1/18/19 !

Comments

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    edited February 2019
    @SugarK oh I have never bought tickets ever,. I am just trying to understand the reasoning for buying them at the beginning.
    iOS
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    edited January 2019

I thought these were good looks, but apparently not.
    Could anyone give me some feedback?
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @AliBryant good girl!  Hopefully others will heed the advice as well 😁
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    SugarK said:

Don’t fall into that trap!  If you absolutely have to buy tickets (don’t understand why you would but 🤷🏻‍♀️ ) wait until later in the event.  Seems someone in my group always starts off buying tickets and then mysteriously doesn’t submit looks later. I’ve never bought tickets and still ended up first in trendsetters so my advice is wait. 

Idk the worst I've had so far was someone who bought tickets on the first day and continued to buy them when nobody else was competing. Ended up with something like 2400 points and I was #2 and didn't even make it to the final SYS prize. Pretty sure that happened in my last one too because I was scoring high and catching up pretty quickly and then suddenly I was 300 points behind again. It's a crapshoot. 
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    I'm thinking I might watch 'The Devil Wears Prada' later for some French inspo! 😂😂
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @soundspretty if it was me and I was sitting back watching someone else continuously buying tickets, I would be like UM NO, you can have the dress.  Not gonna invest here lol.

It would be pretty pointless to buy tickets straight away only to find out that the other person is gonna keep buying. It makes me sad every time I read someone say that they spent money and then regretted it later, especially if they don’t have a lot of extra cash. It’s supposed to make you feel good to splurge a little, not make you feel guilty or regretful 🙁
  • jaeannjaeann Registered Users, Member 502 Posts
    First place has already bought tickets... and it’s a male doll. 
    iOS platform 
    PM for FB requests 💞
    #dontpunishpayingplayers
    SugarK said:
    @soundspretty if it was me and I was sitting back watching someone else continuously buying tickets, I would be like UM NO, you can have the dress.  Not gonna invest here lol.
    I'll never buy tickets. And I haven't been in a trendsetters yet where someone hasn't bought a crazy amount of them. The last SYS showed I could average 49 points a look and still lose to a basic doll. I've lost faith

• DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts

My first two looks very happy with them to be fair! I’m 1st in my trendsetter too so far let’s keep our fingers crossed dying to get the dress!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    So far I have seen the Halloween fangs, Christmas antlers, wedding dresses and bikini’s... wow... just wow...

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I spoke too soon lol I guess we are buying tickets right at the jump lol. I can see waiting toward the end if you really want the item but at the start?

• webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    edited January 2019
    LindaVB said:
    So far I have seen the Halloween fangs, Christmas antlers, wedding dresses and bikini’s... wow... just wow...

So I understand running out of clothes, fangs - sure, ok, why not....but hair we can use as many times as we want. There is no excuse for antlers.

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I haven't seen any ticket buyers yet this time.  well, maybdd 1used a s single ticket. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    skevans said:

I like both and think they should have gotten more votes than that. 
    Platform: Android

edited January 2019
    I wore full on gowns and I don't care because I'm in it to win it. Which is a shame. It would be so much more fun to actually play toward these themes, but that's impossible to do without screwing yourself over. Maybe if the SYS was lowered to 1000 points I'd feel more comfortable. 
  • ApricotjamApricotjam Registered Users, Member 69 Posts
     This is my next look, what do we think?? I'm not sure about the shoes? 
    @Apricotjam I love the hairstyle you picked. I feel you need a pop of color. Maybe a colored purse and match it to shoes. 
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @soundspretty How is your trendsetter group? Any loonies? 
    @Apricotjam I LOVE LOVE LOVE that look! 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    So yesterday I got a fabulous beret hair in my TB box (one that I've always wanted!), and though the beret is brown instead of black (less versatile with Everly's wardrobe), I thought it would be so fun to use for the SYS! 

<<sad trombone>>

I had hoped to have a little fun and be creative this SYS, but after this flop, I suspected it was gowns again (that background, being at night, makes a big difference, I think). So I submitted a gown and did better (though not great):

So I guess I'll keep submitting gowns all week. Yawn. I can't risk being creative or else I may not finish. I wonder if they match you in the booth with other people at a similar level? I'm at max level so I'm probably being paired against stunners like @LindaVB and @HollySisk and many other of you gorgeous long-time players-- or at least that's what I tell myself when I can't seem to break 50!

BTW, the background for this is really pretty (reminds me how Paris is drawn in KKG). I'd be happy to have this as another nighttime photo booth background!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    skevans said:

I like both and think they should have gotten more votes than that. 
    Thanks, love!
    It's good to know that I'm not totally insane. I thought my looks were right for the theme, but the top person in my Trendsetters is wearing Christmas items.
    :confused:
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I love the Paris at night background, wish we could have this in the photobooth Glu!
    iOS
  • kkhplayerkkhplayer Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    edited January 2019
    The items are so ugly, the only decent item is the the trendsetters dress. WHY did they make the dress the first prize?!

@haftime I rarely get 50+ points. My average is usually within 38 - 48. I would imagine that I'm most often paired with high-level players, which isn't really fair I suppose. Glu has never really commented on how we are paired with other players in SYS. Either way, I always try to stay on theme. It's more of a challenge and therefore fun for me. I never have gotten the last earnable item for SYS, even when I bought a ticket.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • DaisyrodriguezkkhDaisyrodriguezkkh Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I keep using the same look from my last all of my sys always 🤣😂 and I hope everyone have a wonderful day today or night love and I wish everyone a good luck on the sys event and professional event 💙💚😀😃 
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    Is Amazon getting this event? I still do not have it!
    Wow that’s incredible @webra ! Sticking to your guns and not giving in to the gown factory this event has turned into is a real inspiration for me! I don’t think I can do it because I am obsessed with getting all the items, but nevertheless I think you give all of us some courage! Thank you.
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
     So with my first two tickets I tried to submit looks that I thought were on theme, i know, I’m so dumb for thinking that was even an option, they were my lowest scores ever of course. So I’m done experimenting and back to the good old gowns (all of them completely off theme, but I don’t care anymore) I really do wish we could use the lookbook so I could create a sys section and just use the same looks over and over again every sys to save some time
    iOS
    @soundspretty How is your trendsetter group? Any loonies? 

Not yet. One doll has bought one ticket to jump to #1 so we'll see how desperate she gets. 
    Welp. Nevermind

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.