šŸ—³ļøSYS - New Fashion Voting Event Starts 1/18/19 !

Comments

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    so i've stuck to the french glamour theme and i am in 9th place. do i care? no, but what i've noticed with sys is that... their themes usually don't match our clothes.

listen, french fashion is very different. from the makeup to the outfits it is a whole 'nother style than what the kardashians wear.

and french couture is also very different than what the kardashians usually wear.

like last three times i stuck to the theme initially and jesus is my witness i tried and put thought into each outfit, but apparently if you use non-event items or straight up not A Gown, you don't get a lot of votes, so i ended up literally dressing my doll like a kardashian and that got me 50 votes per outfit on average. what matters doesn't seem to be you actually following the theme but how many event items you can cram into your doll.
    ā™” doll's name: dolce
    ā™” call me egg tho
    ā™” a+++ / level 99
    ā™” iOS
    ā™” i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool faƧade
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    @skevans I really like both of your looks and also think that they should have scored higher.
    @haftime That beretĀ is really cute. I really like how you styled it. Sucks it didn't do better!

Here are my first two looks. Would love some feedback because I would love to do better than 44.Ā 

ā™” iOS (level 64 A+++) ā™”
    ā™”Ā Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhĀ ā™”
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    @katiealexandraa I donā€™t think thereā€™s any feedback to give because honestly voting is a disaster. I went from thinking gowns to anything black and now I just canā€™t tell anymore. But I canā€™t see anything I dislike about your looks.Ā 
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I just had to try the French maid outfit as well for my 3rd look lolĀ 

Iā€™m here to advocate against being creative. Spent like 30 minutes fidgeting with this look but from now on guess Iā€™m tossing on my arsenal of gowns. Meh with this.Ā 

Iā€™m here to advocate against being creative. Spent like 30 minutes fidgeting with this look but from now on guess Iā€™m tossing on my arsenal of gowns. Meh with this.Ā 

I love this look I canā€™t believe it only got 38 votes that to me is on trend!Ā 
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @soundspretty OMG my trendsetter girl has also 410 points!! We should start a support group or something! šŸ˜‚ All morning I was thinking about your trendsetter list... Crazy or nah?Ā 
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @thallisa Well thatā€™s awkward... šŸ˜‚ Do I sound like a monster?Ā 
    edited January 2019
    Welcome @thallisa and no need to feel intimidated whatsoever. Clearly a strong wardrobe isnā€™t enough anyway due to voting being what it is. I even got 10 points difference before from submitting the same exact look a couple days apart. And I promise, most of us here are nice.Ā 

@Kupkakez_ I am so mad, I was so so proud that I absolutely nailed the theme and dark looks with shorter hair seemed to always be popular, so I was really hopeful. Guess Iā€™m the one who got crushed like a bug instead. Iā€™m using the French maid outfit next while pouting šŸ™ƒšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Edit: on tonightā€™s edition of what not to wear, well, donā€™t wear my looks.Ā 

• kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    Happy to say I have gotten 4 kstars from voting and one thing of cash so at least I have that going for me cause my looks are not doing to hot
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhhĀ 
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    Where did you guys get that french maid outfit? It's so cute, I need it :D
    iOS
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I hate how slow the voting is, I do not have the patience for it
    iOS
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @Amilicious omg your looks have been so amazing and on-theme! They definitely deserved way more votes, I donā€™t understand
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add meĀ here
    @VampireBarbie thank you, I actually put quite a bit of thought into the theme and the styling. Guess my vision really doesnā€™t match after all. I just wish ā€œglamourā€ was ā€œchicā€ and I might have done okay...Ā 
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    The girl leading in my trendsetters group is currently rocking the medusa costume complete with snake hair...fml...lol
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    So my friend (who also plays KKH) and I were chatting and we realized we both have items that we automatically won't vote for no matter how they're styled.

For me, with the exception of the winter-themed SYS, I pretty much refuse to 'thumbs up' anything that has Christmas overtones in it because I think it's ridiculous. Antlers, ice skates, the red Uggs, the red-and-white dress/sweater combo - it all gets a big "nope!" from me.Ā 
    For my friend, she was saying how she doesn't like any animals or odd handheld items. Like the cat on the shoulder, the bouquet of flowers, the cotton candy, umbrella, etc. Her explanation is that she thinks they detract from the actual outfit rather than add anything.

So, now I'm curious! Do any of you have intentional (or unintentional!) biases towards certain items/item types?
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasmĀ āœŒšŸ¼
    iOS / add me on facebookĀ 
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    @skevans i have a few - like you I avoid the Christmas themed looks. But also wedding dresses and swimsuits.

I tend not to vote for the previous SYS dresses (blue ice one, sparkly black one with the thigh split) and the black ruffle skirt/black top combo.

I do try and be objective on looks. Some dolls might not have been playing long so therefore don't have many items to choose from. Generally I try and judge based on the following:
    1 - is it on theme?
    2 - have they made an effort to style the accessories?
    3 - is it something a bit different from all the run of the mill looks we see repeatedly (for example, if it's a basic wardrobe dress, have they used a funky hairstyle or bright makeup to stand out)
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me!Ā 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I was at work during the start of the event so I didnā€™t get to submit any looks until a little over 2 hours late ā˜¹ļø I was on my short lunch break so I was super rushed.... aka my looks arenā€™t very great or on theme...
    But here they are! They didnā€™t score great either. Iā€™m not sure what my thought process was for the first one but the second one I figured at least looked romantic which seemed French (ok, at least ā€œdate night in Parisā€) to me šŸ˜‚ I still donā€™t understand the theme and voting isnā€™t helping

Just got home from work and opened the app to find out the girl in first on my trendsetters has on a basic gown and Christmas daily box hair, and has bought at least 4 tickets. No shade, but I never get why ā€œnewbiesā€/ people without a lot of clothing buy SYS tickets... why wouldnā€™t you buy star packs or SMCs instead to get more clothing?? But hey, whatever works! I wonā€™t be buying so she can have the dress if she wants!

update: her score keeps rising every time I look so she probably bought even more
    platform: iOS šŸ’žĀ message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's my two looks that I've submitted. And oh boy šŸ™„ I dunno what's wrong with these voters on my game hahšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) āž” the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmā˜ŗ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

@Carol Davida I LOVE that second look!!!
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    To me the first look shouldā€™ve done better! šŸ’”šŸ˜«
    guess I wonā€™t stick to the theme again
    @skevans i have a few - like you I avoid the Christmas themed looks. But also wedding dresses and swimsuits.

I tend not to vote for the previous SYS dresses (blue ice one, sparkly black one with the thigh split) and the black ruffle skirt/black top combo.

I do try and be objective on looks. Some dolls might not have been playing long so therefore don't have many items to choose from. Generally I try and judge based on the following:
    1 - is it on theme?
    2 - have they made an effort to style the accessories?
    3 - is it something a bit different from all the run of the mill looks we see repeatedly (for example, if it's a basic wardrobe dress, have they used a funky hairstyle or bright makeup to stand out)
    So interesting to hear your side!
    I too can't stand the black/white ensemble that we just got from the last SYS. It seems like every SYS prize just keeps coming back to haunt the new SYS, right?!

While I do understand that there are a ton of new players participating, I'd rather see a 'boring' or 'basic' outfit as opposed to someone trying to put everything new they own into one outfit.

I think your 3 qualifications are awesome! I too always judge on theme over look - that is the point of Show Your Style! If a doll looks absolutely head-to-toe fabulous but isn't even on the same planet as the theme, they gt a no from me.

Anyone else have any items that automatically love or can't stand?
    @skevans I typically wonā€™t vote for ANYTHING with a falling leaves aura. Iā€™m really overdramatic about it tbh. I think the anger started during the winter wonderland SYS, because in what world are fall leaves a winter item????? I saw it constantly and it makes no sense at all. And then it just continued to be used in every single event. Theres just literally no need for the leaves unless theyā€™re on theme... nobody is in a ballgown, indoors, with leaves flying around them.... Itā€™s extra upsetting because I actually love that aura too, itā€™s so cute, but now Iā€™m so annoyed when I see it! šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s so bad, my boyfriend even started making jokes about fall leaves because I complain about it to him so much. This is what happens when you choose to live with a crazy kkh addict!
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @melissakkh let's just say that you feel very passionate about that dress!Ā šŸ˜‚

@Amilicious thank you! Your outfits are absolutely stunning and they easily deserve over 50 points. They'reĀ glamorous, butĀ they're not boring and predictable gowns, they fit the theme.. TheĀ black dress is also something that voters should like more, so honestly, IĀ cannot imagine what kind of outfit could get more points? ThisĀ week's event is super confusing to me lolĀ 
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    skevans said:
    So my friend (who also plays KKH) and I were chatting and we realized we both have items that we automatically won't vote for no matter how they're styled.

For me, with the exception of the winter-themed SYS, I pretty much refuse to 'thumbs up' anything that has Christmas overtones in it because I think it's ridiculous. Antlers, ice skates, the red Uggs, the red-and-white dress/sweater combo - it all gets a big "nope!" from me.Ā 
    For my friend, she was saying how she doesn't like any animals or odd handheld items. Like the cat on the shoulder, the bouquet of flowers, the cotton candy, umbrella, etc. Her explanation is that she thinks they detract from the actual outfit rather than add anything.

So, now I'm curious! Do any of you have intentional (or unintentional!) biases towards certain items/item types?
    I'm with you on Christmas stuff - what's the point of even submitting that? What baffles me is that quite often I see dolls in cute outfits, nice accessories, normal shoes, but then they use hair with antlers.. Like what was your thought process?Ā 
    I also never vote for swimsuits - I'm 100% sure we'll get some summery SYS, so save them for these events, because they look ridiculous when the theme is Paris Glamour or Haute Couture.Ā 
    Wedding dresses are a grey area for me, because I never vote for "obvious" ones, but last week someone styled one of the newer dresses so nicely that it was easily the better choice for me and it got my vote.Ā 
    alice_kkh said:
    Where did you guys get that french maid outfit? It's so cute, I need it :D
    It was from the Valentineā€™s Day boxes (buy one send one to a friend) I believe a year or two ago?Ā 
    @skevans I typically wonā€™t vote for ANYTHING with a falling leaves aura. Iā€™m really overdramatic about it tbh. I think the anger started during the winter wonderland SYS, because in what world are fall leaves a winter item????? I saw it constantly and it makes no sense at all. And then it just continued to be used in every single event. Theres just literally no need for the leaves unless theyā€™re on theme... nobody is in a ballgown, indoors, with leaves flying around them.... Itā€™s extra upsetting because I actually love that aura too, itā€™s so cute, but now Iā€™m so annoyed when I see it! šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s so bad, my boyfriend even started making jokes about fall leaves because I complain about it to him so much. This is what happens when you choose to live with a crazy kkh addict!
    OMG YAAAAAS!
    To be totally honest, I hate all of the auras but the leaves one is definitely the worst! I also love that your boyfriend understands your issues, #youknowyouplayKKHwhen
    That or the bubbles one, I truly don't understand in what context bubbles would ever addĀ literally anything positive to a look! It just reminds me of someone continuously farting...
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I agree with almost all that's been said. I'll also add that I tend not to vote for looks with the most recent event items. There's no real reasoning besides the fact I've seen it in my game all week (for SYS items) or weekend event items. I'm just tired of looking at it. Also the "black gown". Good Lord. I can't even wear it in my own game anymore.Ā 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @soundspretty OMG my trendsetter girl has also 410 points!! We should start a support group or something! šŸ˜‚ All morning I was thinking about your trendsetter list... Crazy or nah?Ā 
    She's not at 1000 on day one so I guess that's a nice change of pace?? She's only at 630... LOL. I give up
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.