šŸ—³ļøSYS - New Voting Event Begins February 1st

Comments

• mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    I scraped togetherĀ every slightly tropical item I own lol. I like these looks I came up with! Itā€™s better than what I thought I had, but this is it, I have absolutely nothingĀ else.... and 6 looks is not enough to rotate for 48 hours... so, weā€™ll see how this one goes!
    platform: iOS šŸ’žĀ message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Does the SYS start the same time as the weekend event???
    Player since day 1 šŸ¤© iOS šŸ‡³šŸ‡“

šŸ“¢ ā€¼ļø let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    As far as I know, the standard start time for Show Your Style events going forward is 11 AM EST.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    So behind here! Husband's birthday so not been able to catch up much. I love the SYS items. I just really hope the theme a tally sticks this time!

@melissakkh I had no idea you were a fellow Londoner! @yezx hope you have a fab time visiting our fair city this week, but bring your woollies! Its absolutely freezing here! Not Chicago freezing, but still flipping cold!! Xx
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me!Ā 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Ohhhh!
    Tropical theme sounds interesting!
    Love the SYS itens and the Trendsetter itens aswell šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • KatyaKatya Registered Users, Member 795 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Serving resort realness. I hope I wonā€™t lose my diamond earring In The ocean.Ā 
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    As far as I know, the standard start time for Show Your Style events going forward is 11 AM EST.
    Aaand the weekend event starts at 11?
    Player since day 1 šŸ¤© iOS šŸ‡³šŸ‡“

šŸ“¢ ā€¼ļø let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    Not being able to reuse shoes is going to be a huge issue for me with this theme. I wish they didnā€™t lock them for 48 hours :/
    iOS
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Katinkae said:
    Aaand the weekend event starts at 11?
    Should probably be the same as always, at 5 AM EST. The weekend/weekday events start time and the revamped SYS start time have had a 6 hour gap between them so far.
    iOS ā€¢ KK:H player since January 2015 ā€¢ I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    The weekend event will begin at it's regular time 5a.m. EasternĀ  9 1/2 hours from this post time.Ā 
    The SYS will run for a whole week, and begins 6 hours after the Weekend event,Ā  at 11 a.m. Eastern, or 15 1/2 hours from post time.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    šŸ¦‹Purple Headed ā™Š+ šŸ„„ Chick Playing iOS & Android šŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    šŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    šŸ’œVats
    šŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    They need to add an option to penalize reindeer antlers and wedding dresses šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
    OH MY GOD YES YES YES YES YES PLEASE!
    It might the event enjoyable if we could!Ā šŸ¤£
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasmĀ āœŒšŸ¼
    iOS / add me on facebookĀ 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @mikaylachimo do you have any of the daily gift box bikinis?
    iOS
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I do wish the earnable top and skirt were more colorful, considering the theme, but I can imagine them being very versatile as they are, so I'm still looking forward to earning them.

I LOVE the Trendsetters dress and shoes! I've placed anywhere between 1st and 4th in previous SYS events, so here's hoping I still do as well this time, and that ticket-buyers don't push me way far down the rankings...

I'm not awful at the revamped SYS, but I'm definitely not as fantastic at it as many of you are! Here are my first two outfit ideas (I have others I've almost finished but they use a lot of the same clothing pieces already posted). We'll see how they go...

iOS ā€¢ KK:H player since January 2015 ā€¢ I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Katya said:
    Serving resort realness. I hope I wonā€™t lose my diamond earring In The ocean.Ā 
    @Katya Ā thereā€™s people dying šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

(PS so jealous of that holo skirt... thatā€™s from a Kollection, right? I want it so badly šŸ˜­)
    AliBryant said:
    @mikaylachimo do you have any of the daily gift box bikinis?
    Oh yeah I do have one! Im surprised I donā€™t have more, I donā€™t know how Iā€™ve been able to avoid them for so long! I feel those are by far going to be the most used items seen in voting so Iā€™ll try to avoid it but I might have to submit it if I run out of clothing. Maybe if I style it well Iā€™ll still get ok votes.Ā 
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts

This is the best I can come up with from my wardrobe. I would consider purchasing the fruit basket and watermelon drink if there was a sale tomorrow like there was with the Haute Couture theme, but otherwise I donā€™t want to spend any K-Stars just for the SYS. Other than it being difficult with a limited wardrobe Iā€™m actually really excited for a different theme!!
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add meĀ here
    Here's what I came up with from my closet so far. I'm excited for my doll to wear the boatloads of sunglasses she owns and never uses!

iOS
    edited February 2019
    Ooh @AliBryant you have a couple items I have that I have that I mustā€™ve missed. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d be able to pull your 6th outfit off as tropical, but seeing it on you with sunglasses & a tropical background has me convinced! And I guess I missed the pink romper and the swimsuit from your 2nd look (probably scrolled right past bc itā€™s like the second thing in my closet)

I love seeing everyoneā€™s looks, itā€™s so helpful!! I really really hope thereā€™s a sale tomorrow as thereā€™s a lot of cute tropical items in the closet but I donā€™t wanna buy just for this

edit: how didnā€™t I know these sunglasses existed? A lil cheesey but def tropical, and theyā€™re for kash!

Haha yes! I bought the fruity sunglasses when we got the hint of a tropical theme last week!
    iOS
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 280 Posts
    I agree, a flash sale would be wonderful! I took advantage of that last time!Ā 
    There's also so many cute things I didn't even know existed! The toucan, the lei, & that cute hibiscus flower hair!! I'm jealous. šŸ˜šŸŒŗšŸ¦œā˜€ļø
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts

The SYS hasnā€™t even started yet and Iā€™m already finding it tough! God help me tomorrow šŸ¤­
    edited February 2019
    This was my five minute mock up of some ideas, criticisms or suggestions are always welcome!

TBH, Iā€™ll probably turns my dolls hair to blond because I find it scores better (why it does Iā€™ll never understand).

ā˜€ļø
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    @skevans Iā€™d hate to be in your trendsetter group because you styled your doll so well! She looks fab the outfits are great!Ā 
    @skevans Iā€™d hate to be in your trendsetter group because you styled your doll so well! She looks fab the outfits are great!Ā 
    Thanks, girl!
    Your compliment just made my freezing self so happy!
    :heart:
    I was really hoping Iā€™d get the ā€œfun & flirtyā€ kollection this week for some tropical items too but I didnā€™t. I do have one with a summery floppy hat, but itā€™s 100 stars to play sooo probably not gonna do that šŸ˜… maybe if I donā€™t need to chase gift boxes tomorrow Iā€™ll try silk motif for that bright & colorful outfit!Ā 
    edited February 2019
    I will once again NOT BUY ANY TICKETS to protest the unfair nature of the updated SYS format.
    I'd consider buying into Trend$etter$ when:

-There is a cap to the number of tickets one can buy
    -The point totals are lower
    -The tickets are earned far more quickly
    -The biggest prizes are earned not just by the top person in Trendsetters
    -The event moves faster and is redesigned in a way that doesn't feel like it takes ages to complete
    -Any of the other suggestions us users have given to Glu have been implemented

Until then,Ā #BoycottTendsetters.
  • RebelliauxRebelliaux Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Was looking around in the closet and put these two together. I got a tropical but not beach wear vibes from these looks. My closet is actually not very colorful now that I look at it šŸ˜‚

Omg! What a coincidence! I actually styled that top as well with that patterned skirt, but was trying to channel a latina folk dressĀ 
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 280 Posts
    I have to say the clothes for this event are very cute, especially the trendsetters dress... my only wish is that the hat wasn't on the ombrƩ hair! I've been dying for ombrƩ without a hat for ages. I was excited about the long beautiful hair, then saw the hat & realized I won't use it much.
    Also, I'm always so nervous putting up my first few looks for fear the voters will bomb me if I'm on theme.... I wish I had some tropical ballgowns to be on the safe side! lol šŸ˜³ I also won't buy tickets either.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • judijudi Registered Users, Member 230 Posts
    I see everyone with beutyfull outfits and here i am with this...is it too casual? Wich one do you like the most?
  • RebelliauxRebelliaux Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Hmm I like the items especially the trendsetter dress. We shall see once Marchessa fits them but Iā€™m not chasing this time... I hope.

sometimes Iā€™m just like...
    me: Ew what are those hair. Itā€™s so ugly like duh seriously who wears those things. Trendsetters suck. Iā€™m boycotting so badly. Fairness and Justice for every doll!

also me: *buys 12 tickets*