🗳️SYS - New Voting Event Begins February 1st

Comments

• RebelliauxRebelliaux Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @judi I’d go for shorts! It’s casual-y but that’s what you wear in a tropical setting. Something laid-back, comfortable and a little breezy-looking considering the humidity 😉
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @judi I like shorts and colored hair! I think it’s more fun which says tropical to me
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    edited February 2019
    So I’ve realised after looking through my kloset that I actually have tonnes of tropical themed clothes! I’ve put 12 outfits together so far; here are 4 of those.
    Please give me honest opinions on what you guys think!! Negative comments welcome as I would love to actually improve so I have a shot at doing well in Trendsetters this week!! 🍹

(Already thinking of dying my second photo’s hair pink to match the black/pink ensemble!) 
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    So I’ve realised after looking through my kloset that I actually have tonnes of tropical themed clothes! I’ve put 12 outfits together so far; here are 4 of those.
    Please give me honest opinions on what you guys think!! Negative comments welcome as I would love to actually improve so I have a shot at doing well in Trendsetters this week!! 🍹

(Already thinking of dying my second photo’s hair pink to match the black/pink ensemble!) 
    Just my opinion:
    - The eyes in the second one personally creep me out a lot. Plus, I think the pink eye makeup in your fourth look would match the pink details in the outfit even more!
    - I think the hair and shoes on the third outfit don't match the gorgeous dress. The hair is very chic and formal, and the shoes are too informal. I'd balance it all out with a looser hairstyle and a simple pair of heels (do you have any blue? or maybe red to play up the contrast?)

Otherwise, it all looks great!
    :heart:

hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 

If you guys see these looks on your game, please do vote for them 💕💕💕💕
  • PicThisTiaPicThisTia Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    Okay I'm slow so what would be concerned tropical any idea of stuff we can use in a closet 
  • skevansskevans Registered Users 510 Posts
    Okay I'm slow so what would be concerned tropical any idea of stuff we can use in a closet 
    Check out all of the outfits and items that people have posted in the last 3-4 pages, hopefully that'll give you an idea!
    hey, I'm SK, a big fan of gifs and sarcasm ✌🏼
    iOS / add me on facebook 
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    skevans said:

Just my opinion:
    - The eyes in the second one personally creep me out a lot. Plus, I think the pink eye makeup in your fourth look would match the pink details in the outfit even more!
    - I think the hair and shoes on the third outfit don't match the gorgeous dress. The hair is very chic and formal, and the shoes are too informal. I'd balance it all out with a looser hairstyle and a simple pair of heels (do you have any blue? or maybe red to play up the contrast?)

Otherwise, it all looks great!

Totally agree with you hun! Thank you so much! Can’t believe I missed the opportunity for the black and pink eyes on the second 🙈
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    G O R G E O U S !!!    <3
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

My attempt on this theme. 
    IOS Player 
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    SYS, as awful an experience as it is, does get me to open my game every day at least. It's getting to be kind of a chore otherwise.
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    skevans said:
    @skevans I’d hate to be in your trendsetter group because you styled your doll so well! She looks fab the outfits are great! 
    Thanks, girl!
    Your compliment just made my freezing self so happy!
    Aww no problem just giving praise where it’s due 🥰
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    I'm loving seeing everyone's looks for this SYS! I'm trying to be optimistic that we will see a departure from ball gowns - just praying I don't get a TS group with a load of ticket buyers as I really like the prizes. Also thank you Glu for listening to our feedback about the kstars and dress :smile:

I've put together a few looks - would love to get feedback from you gorgeous dolls, including what you think doesn't work! *disclaimer* The last look is just a little joke 😉

Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • atanaciaatanacia Registered Users 5 Posts
    One question 
    At what time wil IT start
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    atanacia said:
    One question 
    At what time wil IT start
    Not sure where you're based, but it is 11am EST - that works out as 4pm in the UK if that is of any help!
    Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts

The SYS hasn’t even started yet and I’m already finding it tough! God help me tomorrow 🤭
    Wow I love that cotton-candy pink palm dress on the right! Perfect with the hairstyle you chose — I think it will get a great score! 💕

If you guys see these looks on your game, please do vote for them 💕💕💕💕
    They all look great, but I especially love the middle two! The bags totally give me vacation glam :-)
    @Rikk thank you doll 💕 they’ll be my first 2 then 😁
  • PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I'm praying to the glu gods for a sale on tropical themed items! I really need that watermelon cup, and the bag of fruit.
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
    Every time I feel the urge to browse for new items for a SYS, I try to tell myself to just chill and see how the votes turn out with my existing wardrobe. I haven’t needed to buy anything in order to finish a SYS yet!

I just have to be savvy about using my limited wardrobe to the best of my ability and use the unlock item videos wisely. (I guess I’ll use them for sandals this time, because I only have two pairs.) If you’re trying not to spend any stars this SYS, we are in it together :)
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Someone said tropical?? I'M IN!!

• elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Does anyone know how gifting your friends works? I’m thinking of making someone play just to get gifts 😅 is it the same as when you gift random people you meet in the game?
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @elettrahere Yes, there are limited things you can gift to someone else. Also, if you want to keep that person as a network contact that you can use for gigs, make sure the first gift has a star and not a heart. If it's a heart, it'll add them as a romantic contact that you can only go on dates or parties with.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Does anyone know how gifting your friends works? I’m thinking of making someone play just to get gifts 😅 is it the same as when you gift random people you meet in the game?
     They also have to be on the same platform as you, eg Androids cannot gift iOS and vice versa.
    Less than an hour before the Sys officially starts. It’s 11pm here and I’m patiently waiting for 12am just to pass my first looks before I can hibernate in peace 
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    @elettrahere Yes, there are limited things you can gift to someone else. Also, if you want to keep that person as a network contact that you can use for gigs, make sure the first gift has a star and not a heart. If it's a heart, it'll add them as a romantic contact that you can only go on dates or parties with.
    Sucks! They’ve all got androids. Thank you!!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • isamesmoisamesmo Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I wish being brazilian would help me with this sys🤦🏻‍♀️ but just like the french girls were confused in the french glamour thing, I'm about this tropical theme. We r like, shorts, flip flops and tank tops all summer 
     looking for android friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/isaamesmo
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It's best to work with anyone before gifting.  There are no hearts or stars on the items when we gift them, so you have no immediate way of checking.  All too often your gift is a heart instead of a star, and you are locked into a romantic relationship.  Those dolls end up on the shelf, I can't work with them, if I date them once they'll try to make it permanent, so I can only invite them to parties (I think you can invite them to parties). 

So be careful.  If you work with them first, no matter what your gift is, your relationship is already professional. If you accidentally gift a star gift and you want to be romantic, in most cases you can invite your professional contact into a date, the game will say you will lose all youor professional points, but start gaining romantic ones.  But it doesn't work the other way. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    isamesmo said:
    I wish being brazilian would help me with this sys🤦🏻‍♀️ but just like the french girls were confused in the french glamour thing, I'm about this tropical theme. We r like, shorts, flip flops and tank tops all summer 
    Yesssss havaianas all day everyday!!