Discussion of all things Baby, Marriage and Divorce

Comments

• mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    Alright guys, so I finally maxed out my husband during Valentine’s Day weekend and I don’t know if I should divorce him or not, I’ve been debating it since.

cons of divorce:
    -i would feel bad
    -knowing my luck glu would probably update max relationship level as soon as I divorce him 
    -if I’m not forced to go on dates my progress toward the lovers achievements will be slower
    -i won’t be able to tap him for like 1 energy once a day or whatever it is in my home

pros of divorce:
    -no more “what are mikayla and dj going to do next” tweets where I lose like 250k fans for no reason like every single day which are super annoying
    -each time you reach a new relationship level you get a k star right? So I could get new cute guys off konnections to like the first or second level then break up and get a new one to slowly earn k stars 
    -don’t have to go on a date every day or two when I want to use my energy for gigs instead

what do you guys think?? 😂 I could always keep him on my contacts list & buy him back during a vip weekend if they ever update max relationship level or we have something new with our babies/families
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @mikaylachimo konnections is broken until the next update I believe, in case that factors in to your decision. I've been married in the game for 3 years. I still date and dump random NPCs on the side every time there is a dating event. 
    iOS
    @AliBryant I just tried konnections and it works totally fine for me. But hm that’s interesting that you do both, that doesn’t really make my decision any easier but it is helpful info, so thank you! 😂
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @mikaylachimo I accidentally dropped my SO because she called and asked me out on a date and I said yes, then I didn’t have a chance to play the game for like a day so I couldn’t go on a date during these 9 hours I had after the call and just like that, it was over between us 😂 I was considering getting her back but I’d have to spend almost 200 kstars, so umm no thanks lol I don’t miss it at all though, I hated getting these calls about going on a date, especially during weekend events. And when I need to finish a dating event or something, I just date some randoms and it’s good enough for me.
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I date plenty of NPCs on the side while being married to my husband of 4 years. I don’t let the losing fans bother me since you can get them back pretty easily from professional tasks. 

I would say keep your hubby around. @mikaylachimo unless you are married before the wedding update which add new dresses and you want to trigger the new dresses.  
    IOS Player 
  • thelifeofRaeRaethelifeofRaeRae Registered Users, Member 1,361 Posts
    I have a question about babies! When you have one, do we know if they are boys or girls? I had one last week, and I had the option to dress them in boys and girls clothes. However, the background of their name is blue. Is it pink if its a girl? 
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Yes it's pink if it's a girl! Most of the clothing is unisex, but you will see some things like ballerina tutu if you have a girl
    iOS
    WHOOPS I named it a girl name and have him dressed in a girly outfit. Sorry lil bud. Can I change his name? 
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I've divorced mine twice. He's a NPC that hangs around in my game so he's easy to find. After the divorce I delete him from my contacts and add him back. The reason I stick with him is 1. I have a weird attachment and 2. I've customized his wardrobe a bit and like the way he looks

Something to consider is if you already have the top couples trophy. Achievements likely won't be updated right away. The first time I divorced mine I actually was able to max out our relationship again before the next delete. It's easier and quicker to do than you think. 

I also don't know if this is a glitch but last time I deleted him and added him back he still appeared in my home, even though our relationship points were zero? But now I can't recall if I could tap him for energy... 
    WHOOPS I named it a girl name and have him dressed in a girly outfit. Sorry lil bud. Can I change his name? 
    Yes, in their closet tap on their name and it'll let you change it.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Aww, that’s so cute.  But Ernest Hemingway’s mom dressed him as a girl till he was about 4.  Some other very famous men too.  Don’t feel bad Doll. Some names are unisex.....Chris, Ray(e), Ashley, ......he’ll forgive you @thelifeofRaeRae .   <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut I named him/her Dany after Daenerys from Game Of Thrones. So technically it can be a boys name too :) I think I will keep it, but I will change him into boy clothes. Where is his dragon??
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think you have to hold Dany's Dragon for him.  Breathes fire too!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • alycatalycat Registered Users, Member 264 Posts
    I accidentally deleted my husband once. We were at 11000 pts and I was working towards a baby!  I accidentally clicked the x button and wasn’t paying attention. Poor. Gone.  RIP Tristan. 

The good thing is, the world didn’t seem to know/care. No tweets. No lost fans. It was like he never existed. My broken heart still did though. 
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    alycat said:
    I accidentally deleted my husband once. We were at 11000 pts and I was working towards a baby!  I accidentally clicked the x button and wasn’t paying attention. Poor. Gone.  RIP Tristan. 

The good thing is, the world didn’t seem to know/care. No tweets. No lost fans. It was like he never existed. My broken heart still did though. 
    I feel ya.. I knew by deleting him, I would be spared the loss of fans that would have come from a divorce, but I never realized I would miss seeing him in every house... In every room... :(   Sigh....
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

edited March 2019
    Guys, my husband won’t dump me!! 😂 I haven’t gone on a date with him in almost a week, since last Wednesday I think maybe thursday. Every time he calls I click accept but don’t go on the date. I lost count of how many times he’s called. He’s had a very angry face in my homes for days. I know I could just dump him but I just wanted him to break up with me so I’d feel a little less bad about it, I thought it would be easier than this 😂

Alexa, play break up with your girlfriend I’m bored by Ariana Grande 
    @mikaylachimo girl, he is a keeper! Usually when they have frowny face, they will call for a date and then proceed to ask for breakup if you don’t date them!
    IOS Player 
    @TrashleyKKH he’s not even being mean!! How did I get stuck with the ONLY nice guy in the game 😂 Ok I did get a couple “my stuffed animals are more caring than you” and one “maybe my mom was right about you” but mostly I get this line and a “I know you’re busy with with work but we need time for us” one.

I can’t believe it’s been this long I thought for SURE he was going to break it off by the end of the weekend!! He’s had the angry face for 4 or 5 days 
    Wow, @mikaylachimo! He is a good looking chap and nice?? My hubby literally like “ you have to work harder to make this relationship work” and I am like “exquisseeee meeee? ” 
    IOS Player 
  • TamaraHillsTamaraHills Registered Users, Member 328 Posts
    Wow, @mikaylachimo! He is a good looking chap and nice?? My hubby literally like “ you have to work harder to make this relationship work” and I am like “exquisseeee meeee? ” 
    Omg Trashley my ex-husband was like that saying things like "we should break up, you will hear from my lawyer"  :D
    edited March 2019
    Update: I spent 3 three weeks not going on a date with this guy (every time he calls I clicked accept and then let the timer run out.... but then yesterday I clicked decline just to see what would happen.... literally nothing happened). He STILL did not break up with me. I went ahead and divorced him when I was a lil drunk last night bc I was tired of the calls 😂

He moved out of all my homes right away, but he’s still in my contacts with an unbroken heart, ready for another date.... We love a no pressure divorce???

Update 2: he just called me for a date like 24 hours after we got divorced!!! I thought this would end the calls. Somebody call Elsa bc this man needs to LET IT GO
  • liltiffsliltiffs Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Okay I honestly hate my husband. He is ugly and a C lister. But we have 9000 relationship points and are #20 on top couples so I dunno if I want to totally restart with someone new? 
    I am just tired of seeing him in my house and I don’t think I want to have a baby with him because he’s ugly and I don’t want our baby to get his hair. 
    What should I do?? Is it worth it to break up?
    Platform : iOS 

@liltiffs you can entirely change your babies hair, hair color, eye shape, and eye color (which is odd to me but I can’t complain). So even if it comes out looking like your husband you can change it 😛 I’d say binge date him until you max him out & have babies, and get top couple. 9000 points is a lot to just throw away! 
  • liltiffsliltiffs Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @mikaylachimo thanks! I’m so tired of looking at him in my house but you’re right. I don’t think I want to work all the way back to this point on top couples list either. It took me long enough to get this far!
    Platform : iOS 

• FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    I chose the dump option at a wedding once and ever since that one i have never had any date propose to me.. :neutral:
  • TiaTTiaT Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Sounds like my husband has the same personality @mikaylachimo lol. I am going to try declining dates cause he is so boring 😂. We have twins and he is an A-list director so I won’t get a divorce. I just wanna shake things up a bit.

Playing daily on iOS 
    Facebook: 
    https://www.facebook.com/shaniqua.garvin.5 
    Kindness is free, sprinkle that stuff everywhere. 

• emeraldGirlemeraldGirl Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Been playing for just a few months, I married Mitchell Murphy introduced by Kim at the beginning of the game. He is very nice but at D status. Is this hurting my Couples Rank? We are stuck at #38! Any tips? Thought it would be fun to hang onto him until we have a baby! 
    Android Player
     A+++,  Level 50

Their status won't hurt the top couples ranking. It's just a very tough list to move up on! What worked for me was dating in various locations - I seemed to move up much faster switching around where I was dating. Also, doing this around an upcoming dating event will help give you an extra boost since that's all you'll be doing all weekend. We're about due for one.
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    Their status won't hurt the top couples ranking. It's just a very tough list to move up on! What worked for me was dating in various locations - I seemed to move up much faster switching around where I was dating. Also, doing this around an upcoming dating event will help give you an extra boost since that's all you'll be doing all weekend. We're about due for one.
    Just plummeted from #1 to #6 and my hubby needs like a date a day - I have only been doing dates at LAX since it seems the quickest one to finish - Thanks for tips about moving dates around - Never thought about that!
  • emeraldGirlemeraldGirl Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Thank you, been jetting all over having dates, it's fun, moved up to #36 today!  <3
    Android Player
     A+++,  Level 50