~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    It’s definitely scary, but I’d say only moderately scary. Highly disturbing though. Maybe wait until it comes out on demand so you can watch with lights on or go see it during the day if you really wanna see it in a theater just to be safe. 

Nice - I definitely want to see it! I’ll be taking your suggestions about watching it during the day/at home though lol
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @MollyMonroe I’ve heard such great things about that movie! I’m hesitant to watch it because I’ve never done well with scary movies. Sometimes I can’t sleep for weeks after watching them, and I don’t know why. It’s super irrational and I always convince myself of this but it still doesn’t fix the problem.

Did you think it was super scary? Or more of a think piece?
    It’s definitely scary, but I’d say only moderately scary. Highly disturbing though. Maybe wait until it comes out on demand so you can watch with lights on or go see it during the day if you really wanna see it in a theater just to be safe. 

Lmao I'm such a baby. When I watch scary movies I'll do it at home and when I know a scary part is coming up I watch through my fingers just in case it gets to be too much.
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    @soundspretty I still have to do that sometimes too! I watched It Follows in the theater and was okay (terrified, but okay), but then I tried watching it at home in the dark and nope. 
  • Koven_KKHKoven_KKH Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I watched Us this weekend. Jirdan Pseke is a master at making me uncomfortable
  • mightyturboooomightyturboooo Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I'm terrified of horror movies so I will never watch them 
  • ajw7526ajw7526 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Hmm no horror movie fans in here? I'm a huge horror movie fan, they're pretty much the only movies I watch anymore other than a few 80s classics and Marvel movies. Funny movies just don't keep my attention  :D
    Platform: Android 💚 
    Level: 38
    Message me for add info!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I like the psychological thrillers. The ones that have a twist and you see it from a whole different perspective at the end or it at some other point. I like that Christopher Nolan movies I think the only one I haven’t seen is insomnia.   Baby driver is certainly not a horror movie but it’s got a lot of death and mayhem. I love that.  American psycho, American beauty ..........Kevin spacey plays twisted very well.   What about Clinton’s movies I love them.

edit:  I had to think hard to see what I typed before my device changed it.  WTFudge is a Clinton movie?  Quentin ...as in Quentin Tarrantino.    lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ajw7526ajw7526 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    @kokokokonut I love psychological thrillers too! Sometimes regular horror movies are too predictable. Some of my favorite thrillers are the older ones, like Copycat, Dolores Claiborne, Misery, Basic Instinct, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, etc.
    Platform: Android 💚 
    Level: 38
    Message me for add info!
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I go to a weekly horror film club here in Berlin, and I look forward to it so much! Recently we watched “The Omen,” “Teeth,” and “Hole in the Ground.” 

My favorite kinds of scary movies fall into the haunting/possession supernatural genre, like “The Others” and “The Skeleton Key.”  

For any big horror fans, scariest thing I’ve seen in the last year by far is definitely “Hereditary” — I took myself to the movies late at night and was so freaked out that I literally ran from the cinema to the bus stop in the dark afterwards. 😂 I appreciated the details of it so much more in the second viewing when everything made more sense, but it was such a nerve wracking film to watch...
    I saw Hereditary and didn't think it was all that scary until the very end. I'm sure I missed details during it but while watching I just thought it was more psychological than anything else. Like it was more the atmosphere and suffering of the family that contributed toward the ominous vibe. But then the last few scenes... I could barely watch.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @Milliepede thanks! I can't see signatures on mobile. Sub looks clean and easy to me!
    iOS
    I was looking through images of women’s magazines from the 1960s and found those red-and-pink two-tone lips from that kollection! (3rd from the top)

Here are some other photos I liked in case anyone likes vintage stuff:

I love Vintage pictures.  History is fascinating. When I'm somewhere and just pick up vibes of those who've been there before. 
    New subject - just as you can put add info into a signature, but not say "hey add me here's my info:" in the body of your comment, a link to another forum is being permitted in signatures, but we'd rather not discuss it here.  Hope this makes sense.  I just removed vague references to the post the system pulled. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm a big horror fan. My favorite sub genre is haunted horror or occult, i.e. spirits, demons, witches. I can get behind alien horror if it's a realistic take, like The Fourth Kind. Gore doesn't bother me, so long as it's not gratuitous (so no Saw or Hostel rave reviews from me). My top five are: The Shining, The Conjuring, It Follows, The Witch, and Suspiria. Honorable mention goes to The Blair Witch Project, since I saw it opening weekend when it was still believable that it was real (I was pretty young at the time). 

It's not a film, but Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House is an excellent horror series. Very atmospheric, gothic. 
    edited May 2019
    Ooh @MollyMonroe thanks for posting! “The Conjuring” was such a big surprise for me because it was so tremendously well-made at a time that a lot of mediocre scary movies were being released. It’s became a classic horror film for me that I think people will still love in 40 years from now. I also loved the new “Suspiria” (what can’t Tilda Swindon do?) — total fever dream and a glimpse into Berlin before the fall of the wall. I’ll have to watch the original sometime!

I’m definitely going to check out the series you mentioned because it’s available on German Netflix and I love gothic imagery, decor, and costumes. (Do you ever wish you could live in those beautiful creepy haunted houses?)

I also remembered recently how much I enjoyed “Oculus,” “The Invitation,” and “Goodnight, Mommy.” If you have any other recommendations, let me know! :)
    @Rikk
    Yes yes yes on all accounts, especially the wishing I lived in one of those beautiful houses. I'm such a fan of gothic atmosphere, which reminds me, Crimson Peak was very enjoyable. Definitely recommend that one. 

I'd also recommend the 2005 version of The Amityville Horror, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and if you're able to get it, American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX television show). 

I haven't seen your three yet, so thank you for the recs! My husband is only now getting into horror (finally), so I'll have to bring them up with him soon. 
    weirdest thing, I was reading comments in a thread and a post showed negative 1 agrees, lol:

I hit the agree button and now it shows zero agrees. Just thought it was kind of weird and wanted to share for no real reason at all 😂
    she/her
    add me here
    Maybe the person who agreed was banned? 
    iOS
    That would make sense! Didn’t think of that
    she/her
    add me here
    I went to see if I could look it up, but when it went it went.  But that seems very likely.  I don't get how you can have a minus though.  Glad you zeroed it out.  :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Is a negative agree just a polite disagree?

• luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    I saw one the other day, too!  I did the same thing.. I tapped it and it went to zero.. I should have screen shot it.. :/
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

Hey guys, this is really random, but I don’t have a lot of friends that wear makeup. Does anyone have a recommendation for makeup remover wipes that they really like? Affordable and not too drying for the skin? I use the Neutrogena HydroBoost wipes now and I like that they’re moisturizing and super effective on waterproof stuff, but they sting my skin a little bit. 
    @Rikk I really like the garnier micellar cleansing water! It’s about $7 USD (I’m not sure how much in Germany, hopefully around the same price) but it lasts a long time! You can use those little cotton pads from the drugstore or even a washcloth and it removes makeup like a charm.

she/her
    add me here
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited May 2019
     @rikk I don’t know if you have a Walmart nearby but I think the Walmart brand ones are just off brand nuetrogena wipes so they might have a similar one. But I use equate night-time soothing makeup remover wipes. I used to use more expensive ones but I really like how gentle these are & the smell is subtle but calming! (It’s like lavender & chamomile). And very cheap!

platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    Thanks so much @VampireBarbie and @mikaylachimo! I found them online so I’m going to give them a test drive :)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Rikk I like this, but this doesn't work on waterproof mascara.

Image result for bioderma cleanser

@mikaylachimo Does that truly remove waterproof mascara?
    PM to add
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @Naimonster I don’t use waterproof mascara so I’m not really sure! It says it does, maybe I’ll test it. But it definitely takes off all my makeup!
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I love micellar water! I use this Roberts one, but also the one @VampireBarbie posted and it’s the same thing. I have acne, I used to have oily skin and now with my new skin care routine it isn’t anymore - it is rarely a little bit dry but oily or dry or normal skin I’ve never had problems with it. I had problems with creamy make up removers when wiping off mascara and even with Lidl’s cotton pads, I’m currently using some (cotton pads) I bought in a little market here now after trying several things. 
    I use 2 types of mascara + a top coat and it definitely removes everything!

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    I have used bioderma in the past but it's not for sale in the US so I had to order it from France which was pricey. Now I prefer to do the "double cleanse" thing. I use a cleansing oil first (dhc is a good one), then a gentle regular cleanser, currently philosophy purity.

I want to try a cleansing balm next. I stopped using  face makeup the last few months because I'm trying to restore my moisture barrier which I screwed up a bit from too much scrubbing/exfoliating. I most just do my brows, mascara and lips now.
    iOS