🗳️SYS - 4/28/19 Music Festival Theme Starts Sunday

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Hot on the heels of Coachella, Glu is giving us our own Music Festival Themed Event! We get to dress up our dolls for a week of fun and fashion, while music wafts through the air. We saw the news explode onto Instagram

Are you as excited for our next SYS as we are?  Music Festival means lots of self expression, from our makeup to our clothes.
Let's brainstorm and help one another find out sense of style for the event.
Remember, you can vote a little when it 1st begins, to get a feel for the popular looks, and what's winning votes.

You know, you're really very reassuring.  But we don't generally feel good about these events till the votes start rolling in!
We can't wait another minute.  Would you open the thread now, so we can obsess, and share and get things started?

Wow,  Thanks Kim.  Now it's a Party!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456731

Comments

• alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    We need the bubbles!

iOS
  • kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    I can’t wait to see what this theme will be like! I feel like it’s really up to interpretation and isn’t as precise as the gym theme, also can’t wait for those bubbles and hand held drink 😍 they are perfect for music festival season
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Im exaited to see how this SYS will go :S 
    I guess people will go for more cochela looks right??
    But it being music festival, it can go several diferent ways right??
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I agree.  we need the bubble wand, but wouldn't that take 2 hands?   What about a little handheld automatic bubble fan? 

Our dolls could hold one and bubbles could come out.  Naturally they'd look more attuned to the game, A big Double K or a pic of Kim,  but you get the idea.  So....problem solved.  We don't need 2 hands for the Bubbles @GluGods  We just need an animated bubble shooter.
    (Please don't laugh. Now that I know these exist,   I am buying one of these for my tub time fun.  No.  not for Baba.  For me.  And I'll be sure and have my tiara on whilst playing.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Yesss we definately need those bubbles!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts
    I can't wait to see how everyone will dress for this SYS!! Everyone has so much different styles so it will be fun ( I hope).
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hate to burst your bubble, we're not getting the handheld bubble.

Omg

PM to add
  • alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I have a bad feeling about the theme tbh. Sounds fun but I do not trust the voters 😂Think I’m gonna take it to a more glam direction, my casual looks scored horribly during the street style sys
    iOS
    edited April 2019
    Darn it.  Flaw in my plan.   I assumed with a big old fan, you could pour the solution in the handle and have it automatically dispense.  Turns out even with the bubble shooter, you still have to have the pan.  Do you have any idea how rich I'd be if all my ideas didn't have a flaw?  lol.  Ok,  Brainstorm......how can our dolls do bubbles with one hand?  If we figure that out, there should be nothing stopping us. 
    Plus we have the bubble aura....  so  one handed bubble making.  How do we do it?      

Here is @LindaVB,  Apple and @HollySisk.   I think Holly is performing, or she rented one of the DeLuxe areas.  Apple is wearing a skirt she’s never worn before.  I think there will be a lot of that.  But let’s not forget.........we’re begging for spoilers.  Who’s got the chant?

this will be a really fun event. I’m thinking Boho Flower Child.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    And sure, we pretty much don't think we're getting bubbles for the event.  But it never hurts to dream here.  I've seen a lot of things mentioned in passing by a member, and then after a while it shows up in our events as a prize.  So lets keep sending our Bubble Dreams up to the powers that be.  :)    I hope it doesn't go glam.  I'm looking forward to casual anything goes - let your freak flag fly kind of dressing. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    I agree @kokokokonut and the theme is definitely based on coachella and lord knows anything goes at coachella 😍
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    This theme is not for me, lol. 

I researched Coachella looks... one of the first images was some boy's naked butt. I am now mentally scarred and still don't have outfits planned for the SYS. 

I think I'll still participate, but just have fun & not try too hard since this really isn't for me.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @katiealexandraa I agree.. Last time I didn’t buy tickets, because I didn’t care for the bottle, but this time If I don’t make it to the hair, I will have to! That hair is gorgeous. 
    But the theme will be difficult.. Casual themes are extremely tricky, the chance to get a low score is really high. 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @katiealexandraa did you stumble upon the infamous James Charles assless chap outfit? 😂 . I agree that music festival aka Coachella seem to vary from  very extra, over the top outfits to nearly naked ( probably because it always get hot in festivals) 
    IOS Player 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Are calendars different in Toronto? ;)
    Would have been cool if the music festival SYS coincided with Coachella last week (instead of gym theme).
    Now the gala SYS mentioned in the update is going to occur after the Met Ball as well.
    iOS
  • EllaCharlotteEllaCharlotte Registered Users, Member 453 Posts
    Glastonbury is the big festival here in the UK and the style is always very much of this; it makes me really want some wellies in the game!!

Daily Android player
    A+++
    https://www.facebook.com/ellacharlotte.kkh.5 - add me! 
    #BonusStarsForParties
  • MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    I had no idea on this - being from the Channel Islands, we don’t have big music festivals! Here are some of my festival outfit attempts! 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    @EllaCharlotte I love the idea for wellies in the game!
    @MissEm1994 I love your looks!

I think this theme is pretty easy to style, but because of that, votes are going to be split.
    iOS
  • zepphriuszepphrius Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    What's the order of the earnables? :smile:
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Earnables (in order): Shoes, White Skirt, Red Top, Hair
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    The TS hair is so similar to an old reality event hair, i dont have it anymore but i had it on my last doll, im not a fan. But at least a handheld drink!
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    Love the earnables! And yes I don’t have the urge for the trendsetter hair! I will be happy with the dress and orange drink !
    IOS Player 
    I was looking trough the event encyclopedia and its just making me really sad, all the recent items are so basic with like no detail in comparason to what we used to get
  • VVVVVV Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    So happy the drink isn't the top trendsetters prize!! TS hair is alright but not worth spending tickets unless I need them to reach the earnable hair.

I'm curious how I'll feel about the boots once I see them on my doll.. I love the GB boots this weekend but these look similar so I'm torn on whether I want to chase and likely lose all my Kstars just to have two similar pairs...
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I am so happy those boots are earnable - I spent all my stars during VIP so was gutted when I saw gift box prizes this week but now I can kind of get similar boots for free!! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    Oh damn I really like that hair... hopefully there are no ticket buyers in my group
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone