~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @AliBryant I also haven’t been using face makeup recently for the same reason! my skin seems happier but it still needs some work. do you use both of the cleansers in the morning and at night, or is the double cleanse something you do once a day (say at night) and then just the regular cleanser in the morning? also, what moisturizer have you been using? I’ve just been using a regular cleanser (I’m trying out an eggplant one I got from a subscription box) and then I’m trying this moisturizer right now too but I’m not sure if I like it yet since I’ve only used it once so far:

lol sorry, ya girl asking you to drop your entire skincare routine 😂

I also have some rose petal toner a friend suggested to me but I never use it because I forget. Does anyone here use toner?
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    I have really dry skin so I go in with a cotton pad with extra virgin coconut oil and that removes almost everything. 
    IOS Player 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @VampireBarbie I only double cleanse at night when I have makeup to take off. In the morning I use a single pump of Purpose soap-free cleanser during my shower. I had been scrubbing so intensely in the past, and stupidly using a Clarisonic brush, that I not only messed up my barrier but I ended up with some dry flaky patches on my cheekbones. I found this product by Neosporin that has seriously been a miracle. It is thick like an ointment but I find it sinks into my skin nicely and it has really repaired my skin! No more redness or dryness. I use a pea sized amount for my whole face after showering. I don’t think you need to have eczema to get the benefits. The oatmeal is key I think!

iOS
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    Omg can I drop my skincare routine too? I love reading everyone’s, it just feels so satisfying 🤩
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    @AliBryant thank you!! I’m going to try that too. I have naturally oily skin, and for a long time I neglected a proper skincare routine because I just hated how oily it felt, so I hardly ever would even moisturize which is very bad. So now my skin is actually somehow still oily but also very very dry and a bit damaged in a few places, so I haven’t been wearing any sort of foundation unless it’s a special occasion and I want to feel extra made up.

Also if anyone has any tips for not making a huge freaking mess when washing your face at night that would be amazing 😂 I always get water running down my elbows and it’s highly uncomfortable
    she/her
    add me here
    edited May 2019
    @VampireBarbie I’ve had your same problems! My skin is naturally oily and I made my own skin care routine and ended up doing too much scrub so making it dry but now I’m getting professional help so I feel so much safer 
    I use my right hand to wash and the left one to get the extra water off before it makes a mess 😅
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @VampireBarbie I've always read that toners are a must immediately after washing face. I bend really low down the sink lol.

Does anyone have a lazy skincare routine? I'm so lazy that half the time I don't put anything after washing my face. 
    PM to add
    @VampireBarbie do your cleansing and washing in the shower! I have oily skin with dry patches on my cheeks myself and i find Body Shop seaweed toner works wonder for my skin. 
    IOS Player 
    @elettrahere @Naimonster @TrashleyKKH thank you so much for the suggestions! I am going to try both putting my face lower in the sink and using that hand method to rinse. And also have a towel ready because yikes. I live in a studio apartment right now and everything is very small, including the sink.

I always wash my face in the shower which is typically in the morning for me, but I can be very lazy at night about my routine. I know washing your face and moisturizing at night is super important but I’m the same way Nai, I get very lazy about it at times and forget to moisturize which has contributed to my dryness right now even though I have oily skin. Trying to be better though. Maybe I’ll start actually using that toner, it smells amazing so 😂
    she/her
    add me here
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @VampireBarbie making a mess getting water everywhere (and being lazy) is the sole reason I use cleansing wipes at night instead of actually getting up and washing my face at the sink  😂 I literally keep them on my nightstand! my skincare routine is sooo much better in the morning than at night 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
    @VampireBarbie I just realised I totally forgot to moistures. Oops.

I also wonder how you washes your face because my housemate used to splash her face like she was in a freaking L’Oréal commercial until I caught her doing that and I was like “ NO WONDER THE FLOOR IS ALWAYS WET!”
    IOS Player 
    In the morning I wash my face and use a purifying face cleanser - the temperature is important, the water must be warm, not hot or cold! Then I use Hino’s silk balancing cream on my whole face, it’s very gentle. To reduce skin redness, I apply this moisturizing-protective-soothing-anti redness cream only on my cheeks and chin. Then before going out I use a 50+ SPF sunscreen, it is so very important even if it’s cloudy!!!
    Before going to bed I wash my face again and use the same cleanser. Then I apply an oil-free moisturizer gel on my whole face and after that I do the same with an antioxidant anti-free radicals serum. And finally I use Miamo’s Dry Spot, a pore minimizer, breakout and red skin corrector and I apply it only where I have pimples/spots because it makes them go away faster. 
    I also take natural borage oil pills, one in the morning and one in the evening - it has so many benefits, especially if your period is very painful.
    It’s important to change more often your pillow and you should also use a towel just for your face!
    I hope what I said can somehow help!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    @mikaylachimo omg same here, I just hate the mess so I often use wipes too! That’s what I have now and I also like the micellar water with cotton pads because it doesn’t make a mess either!

@TrashleyKKH the L’Oréal comment has me dying 😂
    she/her
    add me here
    @TrashleyKKH omg hahahahaha I wash it very slowly and carefully
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
    @elettrahere thank you for your help! Your skincare routine is goals. I wish I currently had a routine that was as intensive as that, I feel like my skin would be much happier and healthier! I bet your skin is glowing 🙌
    she/her
    add me here
    @VampireBarbie my skin has always been my biggest insecurity. Finding a solution for acne or other skin problems is hard, it’s not like going to the gym because you want a better body or getting braces because you don’t like your teeth. Getting help with my skin care routine and learning how to take care of it properly was my biggest goal! It’s not perfect yet, I should eat healthier but I’m slowly getting better! It takes a lot of effort for someone as lazy as me 😅 (and money too!!!!) 
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    @VampireBarbie I've always read that toners are a must immediately after washing face. I bend really low down the sink lol.

Does anyone have a lazy skincare routine? I'm so lazy that half the time I don't put anything after washing my face. 
    Yes mine is pretty lazy lol I have rosacea on my cheeks so I can't go wild with new things. I wash my face day and night with cerave and then follow up with cerave moisturizer. The only difference is at night I skip the moisturizer as I use Soolantra for my rosacea just on the affected areas and find I don't need a moisturizer with it. Pretty lazy!  :D
  • MollyMonroeMollyMonroe Registered Users, Member 508 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Oo I love beauty and skincare talk.
    I have dry, sensitive skin. I live in Los Angeles, so the desert climate is harsh. 

In the mornings I start by gently exfoliating my face with a regular wash cloth and some cool water. I feel like this wakes me up, gets the sleep mask off, and preps my skin for the next steps. 

To cleanse I use Evian spray with St. Ives oat cleanser*, immediately followed by Fresh's rose toner. Once the toner has dried, I add a serum. Depending on my day ahead I'll either use Volition's Strawberry serum for Vitamin C (goes on tacky, dries like a dream) or Dr. Jart's Cicapair tiger grass serum to combat redness. Then I'll apply either Drunk Elephant's LaLa Retro Whipped moisturizer or Dr. Jart's Cicipair cream. Whether I'm wearing makeup or not, I finish with Tarte's SPF 30 powder. I reapply the SPF throughout the day. It keeps any shine away and protects, win win. 

At night I add in micellar water to the cleansing process (I've used Garnier's and Caudalie's), then I'll use Tarte's Mermaid Skin serum for a hyaluronic boost, followed by Dr. Jart's Cicpair cream and then I alternate between topping it all off with Dr. Jart's repair sleeping mask or HERBIVORE's Emerald oil. I also use a collagen serum and Palmer's body oil for my decolletage and tummy stretch marks. 

(As far as makeup/cleaning wipes go, I feel like I've tried them all and they all leave me dried out. So I've recently had to get my lazy self up to the sink to do the whole cleansing process.)

*St. Ives' oat cleanser doubles as a great soothing mask too. 
    Also, movie talk, Booksmart is the best comedy I've seen all life. Very fresh and new. Directed by Olivia Wilde. 

Previous comedies I've lol'd at this much: Wedding Crashers, Mean Girls, What We Do In The Shadows. 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Yes, I saw Booksmart on the weekend too! I loved the sequinned clothes they wore to the last party.

"Nobody knows we are fun. We are A+ people and we are going to an A+ party"
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    @Naimonster
    When I'm being lazy but still feel dry after cleansing, I use a hydrating serum or concentrate and feel fine enough for the rest of the day or night. Honestly people were doing just great before they added a billion steps to the skincare industry. Also, Olay 7-in-1 is the best drugstore moisturizer I've ever used and could also be great after cleansing with nothing else. Makes a nice night cream too. 
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    @AliBryant I have been using just straight neosporin for tiny dry spots for years, just spotting it on overnight. I swear the brand is magic. I should look into this. 

Years ago, I got the worst sunburn, and tried Panama Jack, only to find out I was allergic to it, so got hives on top of my sunburn. I was literally crying in the  shower trying to get the thick goo off of me. From there I tried neosporin and fell in love with its magical skin healing. 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @AliBryant thank you!! I’m going to try that too. I have naturally oily skin, and for a long time I neglected a proper skincare routine because I just hated how oily it felt, so I hardly ever would even moisturize which is very bad. So now my skin is actually somehow still oily but also very very dry and a bit damaged in a few places, so I haven’t been wearing any sort of foundation unless it’s a special occasion and I want to feel extra made up.

Also if anyone has any tips for not making a huge freaking mess when washing your face at night that would be amazing 😂 I always get water running down my elbows and it’s highly uncomfortable
    Have you tried witch hazel? It's a natural toner so it will help remove extra oil but shouldn't dry you out like alcohol based toners will. I use it multiple times a day, even after washing my face because I like how clean it makes my skin feel. I also recommend microfiber pads vs wipes to remove your makeup if you find them too drying. The microfiber does a great job trapping makeup without feeling like you're just smearing a dirty towel on your face. You can get them pretty cheap and they're washable so less waste. 
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Does anyone know a good product for sun spots?  A while back I got a super bad sunburn and now I have sun spots on my face. They have faded a bit over time but I have not found any products that actually work to fade them 😩
    SugarK said:
    Does anyone know a good product for sun spots?  A while back I got a super bad sunburn and now I have sun spots on my face. They have faded a bit over time but I have not found any products that actually work to fade them 😩
    Murad's Rapid Age Spot treatment works wonders for my friend! 
    @soundspretty omg I actually have witch hazel that smells like rose petals that I bought a few months ago when I was with a friend who recommended it, but I completely forgot it was in my cabinet and I haven’t been using it. I’m definitely going to try that instead of makeup wipes. When I’m not wearing face makeup I tend to use makeup wipes multiple times a day to freshen up because I have such oily skin, but it’s starting to make my skin feel dry. Thank you for the suggestion!
    she/her
    add me here
    Speaking of sunburn... last year I fell asleep on my stomach while sunbathing and I had sunscreen everywhere but not on my ass as I was wearing shorts because of my period. It was too hot so I took them off but forgot to put sunscreen... when I woke up it was super extra sunburnt and I couldn’t even sit down! It’s still a little bit darker compared to my natural super pale skin tone... will it ever go away? 🤔
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #maledollsmatter
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @VampireBarbie definitely try it then! This time of year with the humidity my skin gets really oily and gross. I just use the cheap stuff you get at Walmart for like $3 a bottle so it won't set you back any if it doesn't work for you. It's also supposed to help with skin irritations and sunburns 
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Yes, it will @elettrahere . Just give it some time, the skin needs time to renew itself.
    An old recipe for sunburn is Yoghurt. It's the best emergency helper. 
    Android
    @soundspretty are you in a safe place? there is a tornado confirmed and it’s supposed to be in my town in less than ten minutes 😅
    she/her
    add me here